[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/miya moto-think-starfox-is-wi
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 175
Thread images: 26
File: starfoxzero.jpg (374 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
starfoxzero.jpg
374 KB, 1280x720
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/miyamoto-think-starfox-is-wii-u-s-most-underrated-game/0169221

>“I think personally Star Fox is a really fun game if you sit down and play it,” Miyamoto told Game Informer. “I think, for example, an elementary school kid who plays it without any preconceived notions, I think it would be really fun for them. I think it’s also really, really fun for siblings to play it together."

If Nintendo never changes their target audience from kids to adults, then they're doomed.
>>
>if you don't know how good starfox can be you might like this shitty one
don't even need to make a food analogy for this one
>>
You fucking retard manchildren

He just means someone who isn't a jaded dumbass like you who came to the game with out any weird autist expectations would enjoy it
>>
>>343787221
Maybe Nintendo should take notice that the people who buy their shit are 20-25 year old man children hanging onto their childhood rather than actual children.
>>
File: n.png (101 KB, 298x303) Image search: [Google]
n.png
101 KB, 298x303
>>343786939
I don't believe he even played it.
>>
Well yeah, kids who have never played the others probably would love it. That's not really a compliment though.
>>
>>343787221

This is the weakest fucking argument ever. Do you realize that such a person could enjoy literally anything at all? It's hardly an achievement to impress such people.
>>
>>343787221
I don't think it's a "weird autistic expectation" to want the game to control like a regular video game.
>>
>>343787221
you think the game failed because everyone who owns a wii u is jaded? Maybe they just shouldve made a good game? your thinking doesnt even make sense. miyamoto is clearly saying the consumers are in the wrong for not liking it, not that nintendo made a subpar game that flopped commercially and critically. the best thing they could do at this point would be to admit the reception was less than stellar and that theyll take feedback to heart. companies often do that after a massive shitstorm of a flop

also i know nintendo is hesitant to fire that old senile fuck miyamoto because theyre afraid of backlash, but honestly i think they could get away with it at this point. its become pretty clear that hes been cucking us out of good games for years due to his insistence on gimmicks and childlike gameplay
>>
File: 25_cammypants.jpg (73 KB, 500x532) Image search: [Google]
25_cammypants.jpg
73 KB, 500x532
Considering kids nowadays don't care about Nintendo games but about stupid mobile crap lol over-watch and cod nitnedno would learn well to just accept that the main demographic for its games is now older people.
Although the same demographic is made up of autistists who ave a 12 year old mind set who shit on Bayonetta for not being a kid friendly game.
>>
>>343787684
why do people act like gyro is the only reason the game was shit? Besides being hideous its the same fucking game we played 20 years ago. How has the formula not been improved upon? You cant afford to make a star fox game with air combat and on foot sections? It has to be a copy pasted rail shooter? its 2016 people come on
>>
File: c43[1].jpg (29 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
c43[1].jpg
29 KB, 450x450
>>343787858

That fucking picture, holy shit.
>>
File: hm.jpg (29 KB, 698x496) Image search: [Google]
hm.jpg
29 KB, 698x496
>be Miyamoto
>make game for kids, because that's the target audience for this game, the kids who played the previous games are surely adults now and have better things to do than play videogames
>genuinely believe that kids will enjoy it
>game ends up being targeted to autistic manchildren that nitpick the shit out of the game

geeeeez i wonder what went wrong
>>
>>343786939
Children are the best audience. They have zero expectations, and have the time to play. And you never run out of new children to introduce to your rehashed products.

Old men such as the rest of us, are jaded, and have seen to much. Out expectations are beyond realistic, and most of us are too occupied with our lives, wives, jobs, NEET-hood to even have the time to care, giving up gaming for more important things.
>>
>>343787938
I didn't say it was the only reason the game was bad. I don't know why it is, I didn't play it beyond the first few missions. The reason I personally dropped it (and the reason many others probably skipped it altogether) was the off putting control scheme.
>>
>>343786939
>I think it’s also really, really fun for siblings to play it together

then you shouldn't make stage multiplayer an unlockable you dumb rice nigger
>>
>>343787938
>it's <current year> people come on

Flawless argument. Not that I disagree, but why do people say this shit? It won't give your point more legitimacy, but WILL make sure to point out how much of a fucking moron you are.
>>
>this senile old fuck allowed for zoness to exist
he's trash and his opinions are trash
>>
>>343787684
>game controls reached perfection in 1997 and can never change again

It's an arcade game with a unique control scheme, something that used to be pretty common

The controls are actually good once you get used to it. Why are you so ass blared that a game required you to learn new controls
>>
>>343787858
>She put on purple pants because of the complaints
Thanks, doc.
>>
>>343788109
This is also why kids prefer to buy Licensed games over actual good original or classic IPs.
When i was a kid i used to buy games based on my favorite shows or movies.
>>
>>343787858
That's hilarious.

Dumb slut.
>>
>>343788326
I didn't know wanting an additional feature that's already technically in the game was so unreasonable.
>>
>>343788106
Dude no fuck off, the game is shit. It's not nitpicking. Controls were the least of the games issues, they're a red herring for the real issues like less planets than 64, lazy bosses, over reliance on all-range mode, nonexistent story when Miyamoto specifically said the game was delayed to improve the story, no challenge mode like in 64, and lots of others.
>>
File: 1461457125842.jpg (31 KB, 453x432) Image search: [Google]
1461457125842.jpg
31 KB, 453x432
>>343788618
Well I didn't play it, I just felt like getting some (you)... thanks for letting me know what's wrong with it, at least I don't need to buy it.
>>
http://youtu.be/onScwrHP2g0

This sums up everything you need to know about SF0
>>
>I believe the gameplay will evoke nostalgic memories of playing Star Fox on Super Nintendo Entertainment System and NINTENDO 64, and at the same time mastering the new controls while progressing in the game will be a fun experience filled with nostalgic influence and the creation of new strategies.
>In the E3 version, we removed some features like bombs that were present in previous titles, however following internal review, we think fans will find the game jam-packed with good elements from previous games in the series. Of course, I would like children who have never played the series to feel like a fighter pilot, but also to enjoy the fun of an action game where they can gradually master the button and gyro controls as they play.

https://mynintendonews.com/2016/04/09/miyamoto-wants-children-to-feel-like-fighter-pilots-in-star-fox-zero/
>>
Okay, to each their own?

I mean, of course he likes it, he was the one who helped make this game, this isn't exactly big news to me.

>A elementary school kid

Not to beat a dead horse, but it's a fucking rarity to even find a elementary school kid that even remotely cares about anything Nintendo other than perhaps a 3DS and even so, more for that daily dosage of games Nintendo just so happens to churn out.

Otherwise, most kids nowadays have their head stuffed into Samsungs and iPhones, playing their simple to play arcade/puzzle/casual games with just one touch.
>>
Miyamoto also said that if he was stuck on a deserted island, the one game he'd bring would be miitomo. The fucking man is senile, he needs to take his wii music, and wii party, and miis and get the fuck out
>>
>>343786939
Where are these elementary school children playing your abortion at? Nintendo keeps saying people who aren't buying their products would enjoy them.
>>
>Thread is full of 'experts' who know what grade school children are/aren't playing.

Tell me, do you NEETs even leave your houses? And if you do, why are you hanging around 8 year old children?
>>
File: 1466037639417.png (441 KB, 1244x365) Image search: [Google]
1466037639417.png
441 KB, 1244x365
Miyamoto retires when?
>>
>>343789898
I go to family reunions
>>
>>343789898
I actually leave my basement every once and awhile, you should try it
>>
>>343789907
It won't ever happen. He'll stick around until the day he dies.
>>
>>343786939
>I think
Two words in and he's already lying.
>>
>>343789898
I have 2 nephews age 8 and 9
>>
File: 1457291761999.jpg (81 KB, 500x534) Image search: [Google]
1457291761999.jpg
81 KB, 500x534
>>343786939
>>
>>343790212
>He'll leaves a will that demands "innovation" and to make everything homogenized
>>
>>343786939
It is a fun game, but I beat it in 3 hours and don't feel like coming back to it to satisfy arbitrary medal conditions just so I can say I 100%'d it.
>>
>>343790453
I honestly expect some stupid shit like that to happen. That or they do it on their own in his honor.
>>
>>343786939
>people wanting the only company still trying to make games for kids to stop making them.

I hope you enjoy making your kids into whinny insulting faggots thanks to you giving them games like COD, Battlefields, Halos, Killzones and letting them play online where they will learn how to behave like faggots.
>>
>>343790338
>Nintendo is out of touch
Well, do you want them to be "in touch" or just make games they think are fun? Because that means $50 season passes, DLC out the ass, ads on your dashboard, always-online games, paid online, etc. That's what being in touch and delivering what customers want means at this point.
>>
When the cheapest multipurpose babysitting machine(Read: Gaming Device) is a tablet from Wallmart for 70bux, it isn't really so strange that Nintendo are losing market share their children to tablets.

Why would they want anything else? They basically have 1 million options for free.
>>
>>343790728
nintendo used to make games for kids that were still enjoyable for adults, now they are okay with shitting out sterile soulless games a monkey could beat
>>
>>343790554
Did you play some of the hidden routes? Some of the extra missions are pretty good. Short, but pretty good.
Zoness with the Arwing is awful, but too retarded not to be fun.
>>
File: Fuse.jpg (86 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Fuse.jpg
86 KB, 640x360
Children ruined Overstrike.
Children were almost going to ruin Viewtiful Joe.
Children have absolutely no idea what they want, they're stupid and always change opinions.
>>
>>343790920
implying adults played those games when you were a kid anon.

I played the old NES quite a ton and never knew any adult who played video games. it was all kids.

I do agree that gaming in general is quite easy nowadays and not just Nintendo
>>
Star Fox Zero would've been great if it was actually finished.
I take very little issue with the controls, I'd even say I like them, but goddamn, the game just doesn't feel complete.
>>
>>343791250
>Andross starts to die
>Says something ambiguous about justice or something
>Cue credits
>>
>>343786939
>>343791134
“The game started out with a much more stylized and campy direction. We were actually going for something on the level of Ratchet & Clank, except with humans,” ... “Maybe it was going to appeal to gamers who, we thought at the time, might be in their late teens. The industry’s changed quite a bit… We would focus test the game in front of a lot of gamers, and get their opinion. These are people that regularly play PlayStation 3 and Xbox games. We started to discover that everyone thought this was a game for their younger brother. We would hear this from 12-year-olds. So we decided that we needed to make a game that had an older appeal.”

if kids are the target then why are they making cartoony games?
>>
>>343786939
>a little kid might like it if he's never played a Star Fox game before
>>
>>343786939
>furry game
>children
Unless you're Sonic or a Zootopia game, they won't care
>>
A kid would have more fun with Star Fox 64
>>
>>343791086
Yeah, I played them all. Salvadora was my favourite.
Though I wish they were just alternate bosses in the previous levels and that more of the game's routes were filled with full levels instead of the mini-bosses.
>>
>>343791861
Kids don't give a damn about Sonic anymore
>>
>>343791914
BUT WHY
>>
>>343791491
>all the side missions are just shoved in at the end
>the star wolf battles where they all have their crazy super powers are just optional side content instead of building up a hype ass rivalry throughout the game
>no Ace Combat Zero style final dogfight after the final battle
It really feels like the game was just rushed out and pieced together last minute so it could come out before the Wii U died completely. As it is, it really feels like it should've been a neat little launch title or tech demo to demonstrate what you can do with the gamepad.
>>
>>343790853
They are doing season passes and DLC now.
>>
>>343792172
He would actually play the game easily and enjoy the multiplayer
>>
>>343789898

>what is family and friends

All told there're about 15 kids. Two have 3DS. One has a WiiU. 10 of them play games on mum and dads phone or on a tablet that's just for the kid to play games on.
>>
>>343790920
But the expansion of the market is largely what made games piss-easy. Every publisher has to appeal to the mass-market now, so that means dumbing your games down as much as possible so it'll sell to the most people. Average age of gamers is 30-something today.
>>
>>343792474
But the two or three season passes they've actually done haven't been $50 and they have comparatively little DLC in general. Virtually every western AAA game has mountains of DLC. Only DLC Nintendo has done that wasn't too great was FE and I wasn't too happy with the pricing on Smash stuff either, but we also know it was all legitimate, extra content, not stuff held back from the base games.

Point being, getting "in-touch" means doing all that and more, because that's what everyone else is doing and what's making money for them.
>>
File: 1427337425604.jpg (41 KB, 500x371) Image search: [Google]
1427337425604.jpg
41 KB, 500x371
The controls are just like in Kid Icarus and Splatoon. It takes getting used to if you want to really "get into the game".

The problem is that the game is boring after that. Once you overcome the controls, it can't offer you anything, and thus feels like a waste of money. Shoot, I shouldn't be paying 50-60 dollars fora game that'll last me 2 hours at the most. And the multiplayer/singleplayer doesn't have enough content to warrant replayability.
>>
>>343792016
I agree. The game is really at its best when it auto scrolls in the arwing. And if the game had more of that, that would have been swell. Maybe next time.Never ;_;
>>
>>343793165

>but we also know it was all legitimate, extra content, not stuff held back from the base games.
It's also content that gives other people an advantage online, thus tarnishing the game for anyone who doesnt want to shell out 35 more bucks just to play a game they already dropped 50 on.

I'll gladly take Valve and their cosmetics over that garbage.
>>
What happened to all of you? Do you not remember? Do you not have the memories in your head, of when you were a child, and you were excited? Excited to have fun when you got hope, to play your N64, maybe after doing all your chores, or if your parents weren't totally there then just as soon as you got home from school. Who knows, maybe you had a bad day, maybe some bully shit on you, or maybe you managed to play some pokemon on your gameboy with a friend while you were at school.

Then you got home. On comes the n64, and StarFox 64 is the game of choice. "God dammit, shut up slippy! Oh great, falco is telling me how much better he is again! Oh haha, a barrel roll!" Such innocent thoughts back then. I can guarantee that you didn't consider gameplay mechanics as much as you do now. All you cared about, was that this game was fun, and that you could play it for that evening. You were a kid then, some here maybe even teens, but it was simpler. Life was much simpler.

But what about now? You sit in your chair, and you completely demolish a game because it doesn't pander to you. It's as if Nintendo forgot you, as if the very company and group of people who brought you such joy forgot you.

But you know what? They didn't. That kid playing Starfox 64 is still out there, somewhere, playing Starfox zero, thinking "wow that slippy sure is annoying!" and other simple thoughts. And there Nintendo is, giving that kid the same experience and joy that brought you out of a bad day, a mean bully, a mean parent, a miserable moment...

What happened, /v/?
>>
>>343788245
hello brand-newfriend
>>
>>343787221
you need to be jaded to realize that the double screen is fucking retarded
switching between 2 screens might work on 3ds because they are right next to each other, but looking down your lap while shit is going on in front of you is just plain retarded
you have your gps on your dashboard too and not on your dick
>>
>>343789051
>we want the 30 year old nostalgic manchild audience AND the toddler audience
well at least now we know nintendo is run by actual retarded people
>>
>>343793407
Standards
>>
>>343793407
Zero would have been worth 60 bux if I got a rumble pak with it.
>>
>>343793353
But the objectively best character, ZSS, is in the base game. Most of the best characters aren't DLC, Cloud, Ryu and maybe still Bayonetta are high-tier but they're not the best and are surrounded by other characters who aren't DLC.

>I'll gladly take Valve and their cosmetics over that garbage.
Nope, fuck that. Put that shit in the base game like it used to be. I don't like Smash's Mii costumes either, that shit should have just been fucking free.
>>
>>343790853
plenty of people just want fun aaa single player games with nintendo ips. for some reason nintendrones think the only options are make games for grandma and the baby or make the last of us. how bout starfox adventures 2. ill play that and it doesnt need a season pass.
>>
>>343793768

>But the objectively best character, ZSS, is in the base game.
That's not objective. That's just your opinion.

The main point is that multiple characters are behind a paywall, when they should've been free. I frankly don't care if they put money into acquiring the game licenses and assets, you're ruining my online experience with characters I should've had for free. I already paid full price, I shouldn't feel ripped off like this.
>>
File: 1463361152717.jpg (240 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1463361152717.jpg
240 KB, 960x960
Is Shiggy a pedo? Every interview with him mentions him talking about children is some way.
>>
>>343789051

I used to think this guy was god of gaming, but everything he says now is just plain fishy.
>>
>>343788106
>put product on market
>why do consumers in said market don't like it
I don't need to be a kid to buy candy and say it tastes like shit
>>
>>343791635
Because Japan comes first, and nips like either colorful happiness or moeshit titties.

Also Ninty is run by old men who live in the past, and think today's American kids are just like the 90's because of the cartoons they watch, not realizing their gaming preferences usually go the opposite direction.
>>
>>343787654
>impress such people

Something tells me all you care about is impressing others with your taste.
>>
>>343794141
Honestly, if you are past the age of 20, and you still eat sweets, you have horrible taste. Sugar is a fucking disgusting taste, and you should already be sick and bored to death of its taste.
>>
>>343786939
Alright then give us a demo.

No?

Well what about a price drop?

No?

Okay well just patch in classic controls

No?

Well go fuck yourself Nintendo.
>>
>>343794851

but old people love sweets because they're one of the few flavors that still register on their taste buds
>>
>>343794994
>Well what about a price drop?
I bought it this past week for 40 bux new. It is dropping in price.
>>
>>343794032
>That's just your opinion.
No, it's the general consensus of the entire competitive community. Bayo was #1 but she got a nerf in the last patch, ZSS is now at the top. this isn't just my personal opinion, its the opinion of the best players in the world.

>The main point is that multiple characters are behind a paywall, when they should've been free.
Well yeah, I'd like it a lot better if all DLC were free. But we know its extra content, Sakurai didn't even know he was making DLC until asked about Mewtwo by the press. Again my issue with it was pricing, $5-6 per character is a little much, and I also didn't like that lots were bundled with stages I couldn't care less about and wouldn't have otherwise paid for.
>>
>>343795157
Still too much for a game with this reputation.
>>
>>343795154
I think old people love them, because when they were 8, in 1929, they only got them once a year at Christmas.
>>
>>343795292
What do you think that reputation makes it worth? 5? 10? Be realistic. I think it should have launched at the same budget price as Splatoon. The only reason it cost 60, was because they thought the IP could carry it. A stupid mistake for a dead IP. But all the same. What do you think it is worth?
>>
>>343795226

>No, it's the general consensus of the entire competitive community.
And most of the competitive community is full of children. So I have to instantly discard them as an invalid source.

>But we know its extra content
There is absolutely zero evidence for that. As far as I'm concerned, every bit was cut from the game before release, and they just chose to keep it out until they could properly monetize it. Why do I feel that way? Because Nintendo has screwed me over too many times to give them any benefit of the doubt.

So, as long as their DLC costs even one penny, then they're just as bad as sony or EA.
>>
>>343794994
>Well what about a price drop?
This is how I can tell your first console was a 360. Games dropping to $10 after 8 months wasn't normal until the bloated AAA publishers really took over. Other games plummet in price because people play them once, then trade them in for the next hyped-up AAA game. There are millions upon millions of copies in circulation, so new copies also have a massive secondary market to compete with. Stores drop prices because otherwise copies wouldn't sell. Destiny, for example, got early price drops because there were tons of unsold copies that weren't moving and would be sent back to Activision, losing money for both them and the store.

Nintendo doesn't print 10 million copies and people don't trade the games in as often. When they do, you see it reflected in second-hand prices, like SF0. You can easily get it for $30-40 if you look. But Nintendo's games sell slowly over time, they don't move all 5 million in the first two months like most western AAA games. MK8 has sold over 7 million copies and continues to move copies, but it didn't get the bulk of that in its launch window, or even in 2014.
>>
>>343795536
I thought that the 60$ price tag was because of Star Fox Guard included in the game.

Personally, this game should be 30$ at best.
>>
>>343787221
And what percentage of the market represents that demographic?
>>
File: 1339034797299A.jpg (64 KB, 357x591) Image search: [Google]
1339034797299A.jpg
64 KB, 357x591
>>343786939
>a kid who has never played a good game before will love it!

Bravo Miyamoto. End your career soon, please.
>>
>>343795536
I'd only buy it for around 20-30 just for how hard the controls get shat on (If there was a demo or someone I knew with the game this wouldn't be a problem). If that wasn't a factor I wouldn't care how much it costed. Also it did sort of launch at a budget price 50 without Guard included.
>>
>>343795607
>And most of the competitive community is full of children. So I have to instantly discard them as an invalid source.
Oh, the irony in this statement. I don't care if you think they have the temperaments of children, they know what they're talking about. If you genuinely think the folks at Smashboards don't know their shit, then I'm sorry to say that you, sir, don't know shit.

>There is absolutely zero evidence for that.
Sakurai himself even fucking said Mewtwo may be the only DLC character, as in they didn't have plans for the others yet. Meaning they're actual, extra content. The DLC didn't come for well over 6+ months after release, and they flat-out said they were actively making it, it wasn't content cut from the base game they're shoving out later.
>>
So who are you going to blame for everything when Miyamoto retires or dies.

I'm thinking Aonuma for myself.
>>
>>343795874
Will the Yakuza get rid of him like what they did with Gunpei Yokoi?
>>
>>343796098

>they know what they're talking about
They think paying 35 dollars ontop of 50 dollars is a "fair price" so no, they don't know what they're talking about. Most AAA games don't even pull this kind of pricing. This is Star Wars BattlEAfront levels of corporate shillery.

>Sakurai himself even fucking said Mewtwo may be the only DLC character,
Nintendo also said that they never release DLC, which they went back on a year later. So someone's lying to me.

>The DLC didn't come for well over 6+ months after release, and they flat-out said they were actively making it, it wasn't content cut from the base game they're shoving out later.
They have no way of proving that, so I'm not in a position to believe them. The proof is on them to prove that they didn't even once think of adding new characters in until after the game was out. They can't prove that though.
>>
>>343795997
So you haven't even played it, and you believe the controls were shat on beyond redemption or something? The controls are actually fine. Most of the game can actually be played like regular starfox. The cursor still moves with the ship, and EVERYONE on youtube plays the game like a retard with Parkinson's.

Just my two cents worth. The controls issue is over stated. And is actually the least offensive part of the game. Things like level count, Gyrowing movement speed, and lack of a good amount of core auto scrolling levels are the real hard hitters.
>>
>>343796274
The marketing board, since they're likely to still be out of touch.

If it still persists, then the Yakuza.
>>
>>343796274
Tanabe?
>>
>>343787938
>on foot sections
>let's turn Star Fox into a 3rd person shooter again in a world already infested with shooters
>>
>>343796637
I'm sure the controls work fine (I'm one of the few people who enjoyed skyward sword) but I'm not about to take that on faith especially when it comes to Nintendo.
>>
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
>>343793165
>>343793768
>>343795226
>>343796098

>TF2 and Overwatch offer free DLC forever, and lets players earn everything in-game without mandatory paywalls
>this is somehow too much for Nintendo to put into Smash, even though they did it with Splatoon
>>
>>343796305
I doubt it. Miyamoto is just incompetent. Yokoi actively defected to another company.
>>
>>343796852
I can respect that. I couldn't bring myself to buy it at RRP at launch after all.
>>
>>343787221
Yes, autist expectations such as having good controls.
>>
When will Miyamoto retire in disgrace?
>>
File: dksad.png (43 KB, 180x136) Image search: [Google]
dksad.png
43 KB, 180x136
>nintendo retires starfox for ten years after a handful of mediocre installments
>resurrect it afterwards with another mediocre installment.

That's not how it's supposed to go.

Remember how DK came back on top with Donkey Kong Country Returns after almost fading away in the GCN/GBA era with all those middling spinoffs? That's how you bring a series back to health.

I remember thinking it'd be amazing if after DKCR we could of gotten "Star Fox Returns" from Retro Studios and give us the greatest SF64 sequel we've all been waiting for. I still want that game.
>>
>>343796890
Smash is among their biggest console sellers right now, of course they'll get more Jewish with it. And it worked.
>>
>>343798270
Returns was trash. His true return was Jungle Beat on GameCube.
>>
File: file.png (817 KB, 605x687) Image search: [Google]
file.png
817 KB, 605x687
>>343787858
>>
When it comes to video games, here are the barriers of entry they have for people:

1st barrier of entry: Appearance.
We see before we know or learn about what we see. A game must have a pleasing appearance to get people interested before anything else is shown.

2nd barrier of entry: Controls.
Appearance can cause some people to be interested enough to try playing the game. If the controls are bad, chances are that interest will die off quickly, leaving a game that was never explored fully at all.

3rd barrier of entry: Gameplay.
If the game looks good, it gets people interested. If the game plays good, and the controls are satisfying, people will enjoy it enough to keep playing it regardless of other gaming aspects. But to truly reach the level of a game that is near perfection, it requires good and satisfying gameplay. Its actually really rare to have all three of these aspects be good and worth it. Tons of games can reach great acclaim with just the first two, examples being Melee for its level of controls, and Mario 64 for how deep and complex the game actually can get with its controls. Those who pass the first barrier on those games end up enjoying them almost instantly.

Star Fox Zero has:
>A terrible appearance at first glance. It looked like a polygonal N64 game. Some people try to give it the benefit of the doubt, and say it looks more like a gamecube game instead.
>Terrible controls. Having to switch between the screens is a hassle, and the aiming is shit. Also, the gyro aiming is just a distraction really, and fucks up the aiming at tons of times.
>Terrible gameplay. Now you might be wondering why, after all, isn't just the same as it was in 64 and SNES? Actually no it isn't, its much much slower then both of those games. Also, lots of parts of the vehicle mechanic make no sense, and feel forced.
>>
>>343788618
>the game was delayed to improve the story
I thought it was to include Motion Controls. Also your argument boils down to "it's not 64". While less content is not something I won't defend, you really are nitpicking here
>>
>>343799274

What about the lack of challenge? The forced vehicle segments that are inferior to the arwing? Making you look at multiple screens instead of letting you pick one screen tohave the data be from? How about the awkward implementation of the sound coming from the gamepad, while your TV is silent as a doormouse? How about lack of replayability due to the game offering little to no reward for "getting off the beaten path" so to speak?
>>
File: 37732.jpg (2 MB, 975x1600) Image search: [Google]
37732.jpg
2 MB, 975x1600
>Miyamoto surprised people are seeing through his bullshit.
Good. Star Fox didn't deserve to die again, but if that's what it'll take to wake people up from his stupid practices, then so be it
>>
>>343799981
Other than Sticker Star and Star Fox Zero, what were Miyamoto's fuck ups?
>>
>>343796629
>They think paying 35 dollars ontop of 50 dollars is a "fair price" so no, they don't know what they're talking about
Has nothing to do with the mechanics or tier lists so don't know why you brought that up in response to that. ZSS is the best character after the Bayo nef, Smashboards knows what they're talking about. I don't care if you don't like the DLC, that has fuck-all to do with the validity of their tier and mechanics breakdowns. Have you ever actually, you know, gone there and read up on this shit?

>Nintendo also said that they never release DLC
Wrong.
>"One thing Nintendo has determined as a company policy, what we are not going to do is create a full game and then say, 'let's hold this back for DLC,'
They never once said "We're never doing DLC"they said they're not going to make a game then lop a third of it off to sell as DLC, and so far they've stayed true to that statement.

>They have no way of proving that
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/nov/19/mewtwo-may-be-only-dlc-character-sakurai-says-nintendo-not-working-any-paid-dlc-super-smash-bros-wii-u3ds-moment/

But I'm sure you'll just backpedal more and say he's lying or something, because the director of the game's word isn't good enough or whatever. You're obviously just convinced you're correct even in the face factual evidence suggesting and even proving you're not.
>>
>>343796890
Overwatch is a $60 online-only game with two game modes. DLC better be fucking free.
>>
>>343787221
The guy who has the world record for this game's speedrun says he still has problem with the controls. If he doesn't get it, no one will.
>>
>>343794709
Little bitch faggot

/v/ fucking dead
>>
>I think, for example, an elementary school kid who plays it without any preconceived notions, I think it would be really fun for them

When I was a kid, I played the shit out of Army Men: Sarge's Heroes 2. That game was not good by any stretch of the imagination. But I loved it because I had no preconceived notions of what was good.

That's literally the weakest argument ever. It's like he knows it's shit and is trying to deflect from it
>>
Having played it, I think it's just not as good as 64. 64 had branching paths, 3 entirely different courses through the game. And if you got all the hardest endings, you were treated to a secret final boss.
Zero was designed as a linear game, but they shoved this portal mechanic in when they delayed the game. The result is that you have to finish the game on a linear path, and then you can go back and go through portals to new stages. There is only one final boss. I was so confused when I saw robot andross, and learned that there was no real andross at all.

To be honest, I like the controls though. And I liked Kid Icarus Uprising's controls too.
>>
Nintendo thinks kids are an untapped market.

They aren't.

Mobile games catter for kids all the time.
>>
>>343800894

>Smashboards knows what they're talking about
You're basing this solely on opinion, so I can't take it seriously. Can you provide an objective method of proving your point? I dont get why I should completely and totally believe some people who play the game. They're not experts on the subject.

>so far they've stayed true to that statement.
Except for the blatant Mewtwo DLC, which was shown before the game was even out if I remember correctly. Nevermind the amiibo DLC, where you can train your own AI fighter, WHICH SHOULD'VE BEEN A BASE FEATURE OF THE GAME.

>But I'm sure you'll just backpedal more and say he's lying or something
Except he was lying. Mewtwo wasn't the only DLC, so he was just doing damage control so people wouldn't suspect him of turning Smash Brothers into a pay2win title.

>b-but ZSS is the best
Really now? So she can't be beaten by any other character period? Because I'm pretty sure Bayo and Ryu and Cloud have unique attack patterns and smash attacks that I can't practice against unless I buy the DLC and play them for myself, to know how to beat them.
>>
>>343800854
Wii Music
>>
>>343788109
The only problem is that kids don't have their own income. It's easier to get money from adults, especially large amounts. Hence why DLC and collectible foozles are released constantly.
>>
So, is it the 12 years old containment thread? I see a lot of anti miyamoto sentiment so it seems i got the right place.
>>
No wonder Miyamoto is now just "Creative Fellow"
>>
NX is fucked
>>
>>343802960
>Being against a corporate big-head.
>something 12 year olds do
ok
>>
>>343804364

This. 12 year olds mindlessly buying games regardless of quality is what gave us 40 million Ps4 sales, it gave us 12 million fallout 4 copies sold, it gave us yearly call of duty/battlefield rehashes.

Inactivity on our part only damages the industry.
>>
>>343805250
But my mature games for mature gamers!
>>
Might as well ask why do adults feel the need to grow out of adventure time pajamas and chocolate milk. Because it is not normal you idiot, the fact you don't see this is equally concerning.

I hate video games. I think they’re abominations. They don’t mean what they used to mean. They were originally in the hands of developers who would actively expand the imagination of their nine- to 13-year-old audience. That was completely what they were meant to do and they were doing it excellently.
These days, the industry thinks the audience is certainly not nine to 13, it’s nothing to do with them. It’s an audience largely of 20-, 30-, 40-year old men, usually men. Someone came up with the term "Gamers". These Gamers latched on to it; they were simply interested in a way that could validate their continued love of Zelda or Mario without appearing in some way emotionally subnormal.

This is a significant rump of the videogame-addicted, mainstream-addicted audience. I don’t think the industry stands for anything good. I think it’s a rather alarming sign if we’ve got audiences of adults paying to play Star Fox Zero or Kirby, and delighting in concepts and characters meant to entertain the 12-year-old boys of the 1980s and 1990's.
>>
>>343801707
>You're basing this solely on opinion, so I can't take it seriously
No, I'm not. You've clearly never even been there. They base this on things like character matchups, frame data, tourney performance, etc. Nothing about it is opinion. AGAIN, go there and read up on how they come to these conclusions. It's not just some fatass spouting his unsupported opinions, it's a massive community effort and the decisions are based on numbers and facts, again like who is winning tournies, matchups between characters, frame data, etc.

>Except for the blatant Mewtwo DLC, which was shown before the game was even out if I remember correctly
You do not remember correctly.

>Except he was lying. Mewtwo wasn't the only DLC
Holy fucking shit, did you even fucking READ the article I linked?

>Mewtwo may be the only DLC character; Sakurai says Nintendo is not working on any paid DLC for Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS at the moment
>AT
>THE
>MOMENT
Which means they had not yet planned the other character DLC. Which proves my point that they did not simply make all the characters then hold some of them back for a fucking year to sell as DLC, you simpering shitwit. It is extra content they made after the base game was finished.

>Really now? So she can't be beaten by any other character period?
You have no fucking clue how these tier lists, matchups or competitive "fighting" games work at all, do you? She's the best because she has the best and most favorable character matchups. Go fucking read up on this shit before dismissing it, you don't even know what you're talking about.
>>
>>343805939
>Advocates for normality
>on 4 chan

How many layers of failure are you on ?
>>
File: eddy.png (299 KB, 364x397) Image search: [Google]
eddy.png
299 KB, 364x397
>>343786939

>Miyamoto says people who know nothing about Star Fox would enjoy the game more
>"This year’s Star Fox Zero has been named as the Wii U’s most underrated game by legendary Nintendo developer Shigeru Miyamoto."
>>
File: Drunk_Slippy.gif (995 KB, 500x255) Image search: [Google]
Drunk_Slippy.gif
995 KB, 500x255
>>343787938
>Besides being hideous its the same fucking game we played 20 years ago.
that's not true; this game doesn't have multiplayer or a fail ending where Andross laughs at your pussy ass
>>
>>343799981
If Star Fox Zero gets ported to the NX I'm hoping they'll fix these issues
>>
Miyamoto likes the smell of his own farts, I remember at one E3 he was saying "there's no game here that I wish I had made", well I wish for him to be far away from anything remotely good so it won't end up raped like paper mario was.
>>
File: Fox_is_down.jpg (74 KB, 600x973) Image search: [Google]
Fox_is_down.jpg
74 KB, 600x973
>>343808865
>Starfox Fox Zero
>ported
just let him go...
>>
>>343800854
>>
>>343800854
Wii Music, the Wii, calling DKC games trash,
and >>343811224
>>
>>343808865
They would be better off making a sequel than a Starfox 0.5. An improved NX version would just annoy those who tried to like the original.
>>
>>343811604
How was the Wii in any way, shape or form a fuckup? Huge library with good exclusives and it sold like hotcakes.
>>
Gentlemen how do we convince Miyamoto that he needs to retire?
>>
>>343786939
Because manchildren that constantly complain about how everything is shit should be the target demographic for ALL videogame developers, right?
>>
>>343814432
piss off, Miyamoto
>>
>>343813582
>blaming SF0 all on Miyamoto
>when these two were in charge:
>http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1904082/
>http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/Yugo_Hayashi
>>
i think SFZ is pretty fucking sweet

could use more level variety though. and from a coding point of view, would classic controls be too hard to implement?
>>
I played it and it was really fun. Are video games subjective? Or do I have shit taste?
>>
>>343791635
It's horrifying, what the industry has turned into. Nintendo has it right - children ARE still the core demographic. They're the ones who have a ton of disposable income and a ton of time to play video games.

Only children don't want children's games any more. Or rather, they don't want what they perceive to be "childish games". They want to play what they see the grown-ups playing, the shooters, the COD, the GTA, the Halo. They want to be cool and mature.

It's a weird paradigm shift. Games which were once hardcore and adult have become childrens' games, while games which were once devoured by children have become consumed only be adults. FPS games are no longer mature, they're for kids. Nintendo games are no longer for kids, they're mature - or at least, they would be if Nintendo would realize that they were.

I wonder how long it'll be before the next shift. Will there even be one, or will technology leave video games behind by then? Will we ever see a return to the glory days where children played Mario and loved it?
>>
>>343793407
You began expecting that same sense of childish joy out of the same games, but you're a different person.

Also, /v/ ruins everything.
>>
>>343799981
>you don't get any big reward only sound test
This person is the biggest retard in existence. What the fuck do you mean, sound test isn't a big reward? That's literally the gold standard for "final awesome reward for 100% completion". Has he ever even played another video game? What a fucking ridiculous complaint.

I'm not saying it's a great game, and it's definitely worse than SF64, but this infographic is pure garbage. There are a few legitimate complaints, but it's all mired in a swamp of "this thing isn't exactly what i wanted so i'm going to pretend it's objectively bad".
>>
>>343786939

> “I think, for example, an elementary school kid who plays it without any preconceived notions,

You mean someone who never played starfox and is too young to have standards?

Real smooth miyamoto
>>
>>343803010
"Fellow" is one of the highest ranks you can obtain in most things.
>>
File: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.gif (3 MB, 640x266) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.gif
3 MB, 640x266
>>343786939
HAHAHAHA

THIS IS WHAT YOU FUCKING GET FOR CENSORING GAMES AND ALIANATING YOUR FUCKING BASE NINTENDO

YOU DESERVE TO DIE
>>
>>343816328
Both
>>
Star Fox Zero is a great game.
You guys are upset for silly reasons.
>>
File: Tamagotchi.gif (8 KB, 500x180) Image search: [Google]
Tamagotchi.gif
8 KB, 500x180
>>343786939
>If Nintendo never changes their target audience from kids to adults, then they're doomed.
Does anyone have that Nintendo Power article where a fan wrote them a letter saying that the N64 looked way too kiddy and it would definitely affect Nintendo in the future and then the editors laugh at his letter?
>>
>>343819152
Let's be honest. It is a decent game, with some fun bits, but over all nothing to write home about.
>>
I rented it and gave it one playthrough and thought it was fine.

It's basically 64-2, and people have been saying JUST MAKE A NEW 64 GOD for years and years. Dunno why it was thoroughly hated.
>>
>>343819654
>dunno why
retard

>I rented it
you know why you rented it only
>>
>>343819654

The problem is nintendo already remastered starfox 64 on 3ds. Making another game just like starfox 64 is overkill.
>>
>>343819654
Because Star Fox fans also suffer from Zelda cycle

>make a game differnt from their N64 nostalgia game
I HATE IT! ITS SHIT! TOO DIFFERENT!!

>make a game similar to their N64 nostalgia game
REHASH!

there's no pleasing this autistic fanbase
>>
>>343805939
I can't tell how serious you are.
>>
File: stupid opinions.jpg (20 KB, 443x256) Image search: [Google]
stupid opinions.jpg
20 KB, 443x256
>>343787221
>>343787654
>>
>>343815594
Classic controls literally would have saved the entire game
>>
>>343786939
>I think, for example, an elementary school kid who plays it without any preconceived notions, I think it would be really fun for them
Funny he would suggest that as any kid who grew up with an N64 will tell you games like Donkey Kong 64 and Goldeneye are unplayable by today's standards and the N64 controller was not made with human hand anatomy in mind
>>
File: monkeyspawHQ.jpg (150 KB, 1000x541) Image search: [Google]
monkeyspawHQ.jpg
150 KB, 1000x541
>>
>>343818729
>Has he ever even played another video game?

Obviously you haven't played another Star Fox game, because pretty much every other one (yes, Adventures included) was loaded with shit to unlock, and the "gold standard" for SF64 was James' shades. Something like that in Zero would have been a good nod to the game it's trying so hard to emulate, but nope gotta go with a shitty sound test in an age where a game's entire fucking OST is often on YouTube before the actual street date.
>>
>>343786939
Nintendo's stance on everything seems to be."the problem is with you, not us."
I guarantee you they'll say the same thing about Federation Force and Color Splash assuming of course that those games turn out to be terrible
>>
>>343786939
>this game i help making is secretly good i swear

I just fucking hope he retire "officially" already and stop spewing bullcrap
>>
File: 1455013053770.jpg (21 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
1455013053770.jpg
21 KB, 396x385
Why are threads about Nintendo's continued failures so fun?
>>
>>343830256
Probably ecause they're the ones who keep bringing it on themselves
Thread replies: 175
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.