[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tales
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7
File: images.jpg (10 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10 KB, 300x168
Console port when?
>>
>>343778165
Don't worry. That one's garbage anyway.
>>
You're not getting Shing's game in its true form ever
>>
File: 1416447410204.png (137 KB, 500x453) Image search: [Google]
1416447410204.png
137 KB, 500x453
>tfw Hearts R localization killed the Hearts DS fan patch project

wish we would've gotten Innocence R instead desu, that way we'd have the superior version of both games available in English, instead of the opposite

PS I think the 2D games (plus Symphonia, due to its lack of free run) are waaaaaay better than the 3D ones so I'm a bit biased here
>>
>>343778274
>Implying this wasn't the last decent tales

>>343778628
Graces is the best tales game so yeah, your wrong
>>
>>343778628
All handheld Tales are shit.
Abyss is the best 3D Tales.
Phantasia is the best 2D Tales (not much competition though).
>>
>>343778628
I never got the complaints against the 3D Tales games since they felt similar enough to 2D Tales anyway. Though Hearts R shouldn't have been a 3D Tales game, didn't work out so well from what I played.
>>
PSTV, sempai. Not like Bamco would change anything but the graphics for PS4/PC
>>
>>343779632
>Phantasia is the best 2D Tales (not much competition though).
Destiny DC is the best 2D Tales by a far margin
>>
>>343778628
>Innocence R
It's literally a poor mans hearts R.

That was a good decision not to bring it over.
>>
File: Really.gif (60 KB, 240x280) Image search: [Google]
Really.gif
60 KB, 240x280
>>343779308
>Graces
>The best Tales of game
To be honest, family. The entire series suffers from the exact same problems. The games actually suffer from tropes caused by the lack of originality.

Had Tales of Xillia 1&2 been a single game, it would have been the best game in the series by far.
>>
>>343778165
Probably never but that's ok. The only thing you are missing out on is Hisui.
>>
>>343779976

opinions desu, that argument could be made for Rebirth, as well as Naikiri Dungeon X and Phantasia X. wish I could say Destiny 2 as well but its anti-melee battle system is a bit too obtuse to be considered. It's so fucking beautifiul though, them 2D backgrounds
>>
File: hmmmm.jpg (17 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
hmmmm.jpg
17 KB, 210x240
>>343778165
>Console port
Bamco is too cheap cheap
>>
>>343779976
Haven't played DC, but if it's not at least twice as good as the original game, then I don't think so.

I liked ToD, but the characters, story and dialogues are all rather bland. Magic being usable only with the swords doesn't really help to make the game more interesting.
>>
>>343780006

I'm not arguing that, I'm saying that if Innocence R were chosen instead, we would've gotten the Hearts DS fanpatch which was nearly done but got shitcanned because of Hearts R's localization.
>>
>>343778165
that guy doesn't try
>>
>>343780334

it's not twice as good, it's twenty times as good, are you high?
>>
File: 1.jpg (70 KB, 485x448) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
70 KB, 485x448
God this localization was fucking garbage. I recognize a very base level of Japanese, just barely enough to understand a sentence here or there, and every time I catch something in the dialogue it does not match the text on the screen. At all. This is not a translation it is a rewrite.
>>
>>343780615
>This is not a translation it is a rewrite.
It's called localization and it's the same for every game in the entire market
>>
>>343780492
>are you high?
Not high enough to learn moon runes to see for myself.
>>
>>343780334
DC was basically a big improvement over the original, the only issue is moonrunes only.
>>
>>343780819

it's pretty fucking easy to play with the online guide, I don't know a lick of moon myself but I made it through fairly easily.

Rebirth is my favorite of the series though. idk why it's never been localized because the story is an SJW's wet dream and would probably gain Bamco tons of points with that crowd.
>>
File: 1.jpg (137 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
137 KB, 500x750
>>343780115
Milla is my favorite character design of the decade. I bought both games only for her.

Why is she so gorgeous, bros?
>>
Just play it on PS TV.

>>343780615
It was a dub rewrite but they decided to go dub-less. The writing still feels true to the characters, at least.
>>
>>343781136
If i play Xillia 1 how shit will 2 be considering everyone says it's the same shit
>>
>>343781136
>bought Xillia 2 for her
>she only appears after the halfway point, excluding alternate Milla, which was the 1/3 point
>>
>>343781297
Depends on what you hated about Xillia 1.
>>
>>343781110
>it's pretty fucking easy to play with the online guide, I don't know a lick of moon myself but I made it through fairly easily
But my problem with ToD are, like I said earlier, "the characters, story and dialogues." How does that change if I can't read anything in the game?
>>
>>343781297
It depends on how you feel about reused assets. Xillia has some really nice looking locations (excluding fields) imo , but the sequel makes it a mission to reuse basically everything imaginable. If you can tolerate this, I wouldn't skip the first game, since I really thing beating 1 enhances the enjoyment of 2.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.