[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this game so overrated >Some of the worst gunplay
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: payday.jpg (54 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
payday.jpg
54 KB, 460x215
Why is this game so overrated

>Some of the worst gunplay I've ever experienced, no prone, no lean, takes tons of shots to drop you
>Heists can turn bad on the turn of a dime, but instead of rolling with it everyone just tells you to restart or they leave
>Loot based gameplay means you'll only find teams to play the easily grindable levels
>Horrible sound design, all guns sound the same and you can't tell where you're being shot form
>Edgey as fuck in the most obnoxious way
>Guns are inaccurate unless you've played for hours to upgrade them, can't select fire mode, have to mod it.
>"Stealth" is just memorizing the right path form a youtube video and doing the same thing over and over again.

I wanted to like this, but the gameplay is just too awful, especially after playing >200 hours of Insurgency coop.
>>
>>343773778
I got kicked from this game for being the only who survived till the end of the level and just game up on it.
>>
>>343773778

>they want the average CoD/hipster/squeaker/causal player audience
>>
>overrated

you realize that loads of people playing it hate it as well, right?

They're addicts to the loot treadmill, the only difference between them and WoWfags is that WoWfags eventually stop paying money.
>>
>>343773778
Sucks without friends. Also the stealth heists are all annoying as fuck.
>>
I'm really considering refunding it, I have 72 minutes in it and was hardly impressed, looks like it could get good later but I don't know
>>
>>343776387

Just refund it.

You soon realize that the stealth heists are dull as shit and the only loud heists worth a damn are Hoxton Breakout and Watchdogs.
>>
>>343776387

>It's a continuous grind till lvl 100
>Then it's a continuous grind till lvl 100 infamy lvl 25
>It will be a continuous series of hosts kicking you for various reasons or just to prevent you for getting xp money and shit
>It will be a continuous leave lobby cause cheaters
>rng weapons attachment
>pay to mod the weapons
>rng masks
>rng items to customizing your masks and once used they are goner
>crew is just different voices
>all maps will feel the same,fucking small and repetitive or with open spaces and bukkake of cops everywhere
>enjoy fixing the drill
>enjoy getting spooped by cloakers
>music seems the only good thing if fits your tastes everything else is a pile of shit made for >>343774969
>>
>>343773778
You actually can switch fire from semi to full auto by pressing V. If you don't enjoy it then refund it.
>>
>>343778041

be sure to put the gun on safety before refunding it
>>
>>343775931
I have 44 hours in payday 2 of which I can safely say at least 30 I've enjoyed the shit out of them.

I am that bad? I'll never ever touch it again - got my fix with it, was fun for a while.
>>
>>343777460
>infamy 25

fucking what?
>>
>>343773778
>Some of the worst gunplay I've ever experienced, no prone, no lean, takes tons of shots to drop you
stopped reading there

kys
>>
>>343780686

Is there a lean/prone button I didn't see? And if there isn't how could you possibly play an iron sight based shooter without leaning.
>>
The game had some quality as a Heat simulator a while back. It was the best around summer 2014.
Then the devs shat the bed completely and started pushing out update after update that introduced shit only reddit asked for like a million characters and stupid weapons and hats.

In 2014 there were always several guys on my friends list playing it, after Hypetrain in 2014 Christmas almost everyone dropped it like a sack of shit
>>
File: abbachio.jpg (41 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
abbachio.jpg
41 KB, 320x320
It's much better with friends.
>>
File: image.png (129 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
image.png
129 KB, 800x800
Post mains for this shit game
>>
File: gayday.jpg (47 KB, 634x552) Image search: [Google]
gayday.jpg
47 KB, 634x552
OP is a pubshitter.
>>
>>343784107
I play as Wick
>>
File: qYCoJIw[1].png (317 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
qYCoJIw[1].png
317 KB, 900x900
>>343784107
S O K O L
O
K
O
L
>>
>>343773778
These "coop FPS" games have always been complete shit if you pub in them

I'm honestly not sure what you were expecting
>>
I don't know what happened, but I enjoyed the game all the way until I hit 300 hours, then my interest in it just died entirely.
>>
>especially after playing >200 hours of Insurgency coop

Fuck yes, Insurgency co-op is so goddamn godly. It's amazing how the game was designed around PVP, yet the bots turned out to have surprisingly competent AI.

And also, as someone who has 40 hours of Payday 2, just refund it. Significant grinding is required before you get some satisfying guns/perks. The AMCAR and Uzi (forget the actual name) are pretty decent but the entire game is intended to be a grind. If Payday 2 had a level editor, it'd be an insanely good game, but as of now just replaying the same shitty levels isn't that fun. As someone else said, the only good heist is Hoxton Breakout, every other one sucks.
>>
>>343777460
>not using Goonmod Gage coins for attachments
Wait, I forgot, I'm not in the /pdg/
>>
>>343787192

Using mods while you can just unlock everything with a single script
>>
>>343787802
DLC unlocker
:^)
>>
>>343773778
>takes tons of shots to drop you
Play on higher difficulties.

>can't select fire mode, have to mod it.
You can select the fire mode. The fire mode mod actually locks the weapon into that one fire mode while providing either damage and stability bonus or accuracy bonus at the cost of losing the ability of changing it on the fly.

>"Stealth" is just memorizing the right path form a youtube video and doing the same thing over and over again.
That's untrue as well with few exceptions like the Diamond store and Jewelry store heists that are small levels. The stealth and detection mechanics are indeed shit, but depending on heist the game randomizes security room locations, camera locations, guard placement, sometimes even main loot locations (f.ex. in Shadow Raid) and makes some shortcuts (f.ex. ladders and fences or metal bars) available or unavailable.

However as you mentioned the biggest problem with the game is the shittastic community that goes out of its way to constantly kick people if they don't adhere to certain playstyles or builds, even on lower difficulties. If you don't have friends to play you might as well forget it.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.