[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else here simply got tired of playing vidya? I feel like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7
Anyone else here simply got tired of playing vidya? I feel like all recent releases are just pure garbage and the only games I actually enjoy have been played and replayed 'till they also became boring.

Is there life hiding behind this immense boredom, /v/?
>>
>>343770050
just take a break. I get sick of them from time to time so I just focus solely on other hobbies for a month or 2 and it makes playing vidya way more enjoyable then.
>>
>>343770050
just sit there and breath over and over and over again till you die
>>
File: x7abpa2v.png (2 MB, 1024x1403) Image search: [Google]
x7abpa2v.png
2 MB, 1024x1403
Same. Very few new games have caught my interest so far and most of them aren't even released yet. I still have lots of fun with my old games, however.
>>
>>343770050
That shit is normal, you probably played enough games to know the similarities between them and they no longer surprise you. I would recomend trying any genre you never tried or either take a break and come back later.

Right i'm playing Alien Isolation and that game is fucking rad.
>>
>>343770050

videogames, sex, food, shitposting if you do it too many you'll eventually become bored / full of it.

Take a break, do something different then come back.
>>
Does fapping count as a hobby?
>>
>>343773129

yeah
>>
>>343770050
Anon maybe that means you just don't like vidya, just like like the rest of /v/
>>
File: wakarimasen.jpg (28 KB, 325x242) Image search: [Google]
wakarimasen.jpg
28 KB, 325x242
>he plays recent releases when there are literally thousands of games open to him with the power of emulation and PC
>>
>>343770050
Modern games are shit. Take a break.
>>
I only play AAA games.
>>
File: unreal-engine-4-editor-window.jpg (337 KB, 1920x1168) Image search: [Google]
unreal-engine-4-editor-window.jpg
337 KB, 1920x1168
Then it is time, anon. Put down the controller and take up your sword. Get the anime off of your second monitor and replace it with documentation.
>>
>>343770050
Yes I hit that wall at age 22. I just play the odd MarioMaker level now.

All desire to play most vidya just left suddenly. I feel like I've seen and done everything and all new releases are just boring and derivative.
>>
Take a break, go outside and possibly find an occupation of some sort. Something that will get you either some education or money. Something that you won't easily drop because there's an incentive.

I had the same issue and it was always that.
>>
I sure did. Been doing fuck all with gaming ever since I finished MGSV.

Until last night. Went into Crysis 1 after not playing it for a long long time, tweaked some of the settings to my liking and installed a time of day mod. Now, I am having more fun than I have with basically anything recent except MGSV, which they're almost equal. Crysis looks prettier but is a bit less polished in the gameplay aspect. But man am I having fun with it. I'm till amazed by the tech that game employs. ~9 years old and still going strong, impressing me more than any PS4 game has yet.
>>
File: freefoliage11.jpg (3 MB, 5760x3240) Image search: [Google]
freefoliage11.jpg
3 MB, 5760x3240
>>343774932
I was thinking of trying out Unity, are there any good tutorials for beginners?
>>
>>343770050
Play God Hand, it'll revive your vidya spirit.
>>
When I feel like this, I go to /vr/ and look around. There's a fuckton of games people forget about because they're not newer or current releases.
>>
File: 1467173430924.png (11 KB, 259x288) Image search: [Google]
1467173430924.png
11 KB, 259x288
>>343770050
>he is actually consumer drone who hops from one overhyped new game from another
>he doesn't go back to discover old gems he never played before
There's no one to blame but yourself.

With some research and patience you'll be able to find that one game you always wanted to play, but didn't know it existed.
>>
>>343770739
But there's 4 houses in that picture?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.