[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a Total War like game where you control tanks? I want
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: Battle_of_Kursk_9[1].jpg (155 KB, 525x340) Image search: [Google]
Battle_of_Kursk_9[1].jpg
155 KB, 525x340
Is there a Total War like game where you control tanks?

I want a game with large tank battles. Other RTS you have to build an economy to train tanks, no I am impatient, I want my tanks now. I want to be in command of 100s of tanks and make sick maneuvers to outsmart my enemy.
>>
blitzkrieg?
>>
>>343759490
is blitzkreig 3 early access any good? Should I wait for full release?
>>
File: tvayu_mat_nazad.webm (2 MB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
tvayu_mat_nazad.webm
2 MB, 720x405
>>343759392
Wargame is the closest you can get,
>>
>>343760050
Play the original Blitzkrieg 1.
From the looks of it Blitzkrieg 3 looks like a bad CoH clone.
>>
Men of War: Assault Squad 2, you can take direct control of units and such. Its fun.
>>
I'm sorry anon but that's not how it works. Any tank division will be mostly motorized and regular infantry, the idea of "100s of tanks" isn't realistic
>>
>>343762830
what is battle of Kursk? Even then. I just want a modern day version of total war or an RTS where you do not have to train units.

>>343762517
going to give it a try

>>343762368
I will give it a torrent then. is multiplayer still active?
>>
>>343763325
>battle of Kursk
Is that the one where the Germans threw four fucking armies and almost their entire tank force into it? Because even though that was a shitload of tanks, they were still incredibly outnumbered by the number of non-tank troops
>>
File: kursk.png (37 KB, 308x789) Image search: [Google]
kursk.png
37 KB, 308x789
>>343763519
They were out numbered all together.
>>
>>343764007
I didn't mean outnumbered by the enemy. My point is that the OP seems to think maneuver warfare consists of throwing tanks and nothing but tanks at the enemy, when you actually need way more infantry to back them up
>>
>>343764141
Don't get me wrong I want a mix of infantry too and such. Realism can be thrown off since its you know video games. I just want large scale battles where I don't have to train units. Tanks are still essential for flanking the front line. I know that Tanks are mainly used for breaking enemy front lines so that infantry can get through without heavy losses and secure the area.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.