[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was it ever good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 12
File: gmod.png (93 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
gmod.png
93 KB, 2000x2000
Was it ever good?
>>
Has tons of gamemodes that vary in quality, so thats kind of a hard question to answer

Considering a lot of servers have membership and are giant circlejerks with attention whores, I'd wager with no, it never was.
>>
I got it for a friend for 2.99 since I saw it on his wishlist, he put about 49 fucking hours into it. I was never interested and I'm honestly surprised.
>>
Yes
It was pretty fun and still is, but quite a lot of the original fun game modes are dead now

t. bought it like 5 years ago and have 1.4k hours
>>
>>343758049
1.7k hours. Bought it five years ago.
>>
File: 1465560215026.jpg (450 KB, 3000x1687) Image search: [Google]
1465560215026.jpg
450 KB, 3000x1687
i just like downloading guns for fun and trying out old world war guns, fun admin guns, shit like that.
i also like to play with friends in private matches and playing pseudo counter strike with call of duty guns, battlefield guns and other stuff.
i don't play with randos online but it seems like fun if your into the game modes.
>>
REMOVE OBJECT
>>
Yes. Over 1000 hours in this bad boy with my friends, still play it to this day.
>>
>>343758497
daniel could you at least stick to your own shill threads lmfao
>>
>>343758491
>That picture
Are you the Polack with the Polish lego knockoffs?
>>
>>343758593
a good place to buy cobi products is from amazon, they always have everything in stock.
>>
>>343758049
Ideally, it is, but it is a game that is generally reliant on it's community for overall quality.

It's community is one of the worst in existence currently.

If you can find a lot of enjoyment in single-player or small multi-player with friends it is a good game, I guess.
>>
>>343758296
Played back in 2010, almost every server had some 13 year old abusing admin commands and I'm pretty sure it's worse now. which modes did you play?
>>
>>343758049
>bought it today
>tried playing
>literally no idea wtf is going on
>every server has its own interface and menus to figure out
>game modes don't even make sense

i guess it's ok if you're autistic or something
>>
>>343758832
>playing online
just download workshop items and have fun on your own.
>>
anyone on /v/ feel like hosting a server? wouldn't mind playing again but I can't stand the community
>>
>Was like 14 when all the YouTube fags went berserk about TTT
>Get GMOD
>Load up TTT
>Immediately realize I'm a huge faggot, and the whole lobby is 14 year olds
>Leave
>4 years later
>Get on TTT
>It's still 14 year olds, and a few spergs in their mid 20s
>Leave

Jailbreak was fun. Then the Banana server got shutdown, or got sold or something, and there was never a good server to play on with reasonable rules.
>>
>>343759048

You better start believin in shit communities, yer in one.
>>
>>343759048
>playing anything with /v/
>especially games which allow the level of degeneracy /v/ seems to love

Sure m8
>>
File: 1394327620048.jpg (80 KB, 500x517) Image search: [Google]
1394327620048.jpg
80 KB, 500x517
>used to play ttt back when it first started floating around
>would get home from school and play all night
>got really involved in some communities, something I rarely ever did
>made friends playing ttt, good times
>start to get burned out around 2012
>quit for awhile
>ttt really blows up on YouTube around 2013/14
>go back and play it
>it's nothing but children
I mean, yeah there were kids on Gmod and ttt before, but goddamn I wish YouTube gaming didn't blow up like it did. I'll never return to the ttt glory days.
Now that I'm thinking about it, Gmod, TF2, Counter Strike, the communities for these games really fucking took a dive after 2011. What the fuck happened?
>>
>>343759145
People always say this, but everytime I've ever played with /v/ I've had a fucking blast. Transformice, Terraria, GTA DayZ, I've played all kinds of shit with /v/ and had a blast. I even remember /v/ having their own corner on that cube game Molyneux put out.
>>
File: 1610873970522.jpg (32 KB, 441x352) Image search: [Google]
1610873970522.jpg
32 KB, 441x352
TTT was super comfy back in 2009-2011 before SeaNanners and Pewdiepie popularized it among their cancer fan bases

it was always bad but it was fun
>>
File: youtuber.jpg (47 KB, 658x820) Image search: [Google]
youtuber.jpg
47 KB, 658x820
>>343759194
>>
>>343759114
i never understood the appeal of jailbreak. you like being told what to do by children?
>>
>>343759431
>he doesn't just run first chance he gets

The kids can't aim for shit anyway, there's no reason not to run. You only got to worry if they're donators with shit OP weapons or whatever.
>>
File: 1453830739501.webm (489 KB, 202x360) Image search: [Google]
1453830739501.webm
489 KB, 202x360
>>343759289
>comfy

fuck off back to r3ddit with that retarded and meaningless buzzword
>>
>>343759502
never played it myself but my little brother played it on CSS and gmod. I tried to get him into some real sick shit but he just wanted to roleplay as a prisoner
>>
File: 1451120234693.jpg (58 KB, 567x642) Image search: [Google]
1451120234693.jpg
58 KB, 567x642
>>343759532
>>
File: 20160704021042_1.jpg (175 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160704021042_1.jpg
175 KB, 1920x1080
It used to be really comfy and fun, just some guys messing about, rp'ing and building. The good stuff. I used to play multiplayer all the time, make fun things with people and have a blast.
Watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppUl_CBuyz8 for some good comfy old gmod feels.

Then at some point youtubers bring it all tumbling down to hell. Im not blaming people like Vanos or Yogscast but I am blaming their cancerous fanbase.

Like servers used to have custom playermodels and such, but never to the crazy extent that servers do now. Wanna join an rp server? Hope you enjoy waiting 20 minutes, then getting on and being banned for trying to have fun. Want to join a TTT server? Hope you enjoy being banned for trying to have fun. Want to join a zombie survival server? Hope you enjoy being banned for trying to have fun.
>Join rp server
>Try to build somewhere
>Try to talk and create some sort of big event thing
>Try to perhaps rp as an angry hobo that goes around killing people
>BANNED
>>
>>343758049

have over 3,500 hours in gmod and i hever never played RP or TTT.

Only build servers so that I can make thing and code in e2 among other shit.
>>
File: borntofeel.jpg (407 KB, 746x982) Image search: [Google]
borntofeel.jpg
407 KB, 746x982
>Got this game five years ago
>Played it all the time
>One year ago meet a bro online
>We start playing Garry's Mod and trolling people left and right.
>TTT servers,DarkRP servers,PrisonRP servers, doing the funniest shit.
>Remember locking people in closets and forcing them to listen to 'Wake Me Up Inside' over and over until they sing 'I'm a little tea pot'
>Shit was absolutely hilarious
>Get to know Bro, his life,his sister and everything. Was always there to listen and would always have the best conversations with.
>Bro was planning on meeting up with me in real life in November, bought plane ticket and everything
>I do some stupid shit causing legal problems making it impossible for him to come.
>Bro was completely chill about it. He plans to come up in August.
>Bro's entire life seems to get better for him, high paying job despite disliking it, moving out of the house and everything. Bro was a good looking guy and was one of the closest friends I have.
>Bro goes offline leaving message in a group chat 'I love all of you'
>Try calling Bro.
>Voicemail.
>Try calling Bro again a week later.
>Call is no longer in service.
>Figure Bro must be dealing with his move or job, and since he's moving out he must be getting new cell service and internet.
>Fast forward a month.
>Bro's sister adds me.
>She calls me and tells me Bro killed himself in his car.
>Break down. Add a friend to the call that was also a friend of Bro.
>We immediately start sobbing when she shows us the letters full of blood.
>Speak to his entire family, he talked about coming here to hangout a lot and how close we were.

Everytime I play Garry's Mod I get reminded of Bro. We played hundreds of hours on it, had some of the most fun I've had ever on vidya. Its hard for me to play without breaking down or just having to close down the game. I miss my Garry's Mod Bro, /v/.
>>
>>343759819
ITP: things that never happened
>>
>>343758049
> need to have hl2, ep1, ep2, cssource
> still no proper l4d, l4d2, doturd, css support
it was good, not any more
>>
File: Capture.png (11 KB, 916x143) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
11 KB, 916x143
>got Garry's mod 10 after playing version 9 a fucking decade ago
>would build stupid shit with HL2 props.
Would occasionally play the other custom gamemodes, but essentially built spaceships and cars.
I can't believe its been 10 god damn years since version 10 came out.
>>
It was good before they added game modes onto the front screen in a nice little UI and every little kid started playing it
>>
>>343759953
very rude anon
>>
>>343758049
It can still be good, you just have to find that place, I honestly stopped playing when modified died and my friends stopped playing TTT and prop hunt.

But the main thing is what the fuck is the appeal of all those roleplay servers, especially when they're severely limiting?

Do those fucks still do shoot to miss cause
>I-I DON'T WANNA LOSE MY CHARACTERS
>>
Yeah it still is but thats honestly a hard question. The game relys heavily on community content. Some good some bad.
>>
File: maxresdefault-3.jpg (37 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-3.jpg
37 KB, 1280x720
>>343759114
ahhh the golden times of TTT

before LPfags started to shit every server up
>>
File: Listen here, faggot.png (232 KB, 429x277) Image search: [Google]
Listen here, faggot.png
232 KB, 429x277
>>343758049
It still is, install some workshop mods and play Singeplayer. It's objectively good.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.