[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8f U2QG-lV0 Justified back
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: crate.jpg (138 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
crate.jpg
138 KB, 1280x720
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8fU2QG-lV0

Justified backlash on CSGO gambling and skins heating up. Thoughts?
>>
Can you prove that Valve should be held responsible for this?

With paid mods, they were guilty, and deserved all the hate they got. This, I'm not sure.
>>
>>343742909

They weren't even guilty with paid mods, people are just dumb fuck armchair lawyers/business shitheads that don't understand how anything worked in that relationship.

>But think of the modding community!

Cancer.
>>
>>343743130
>monetizing mods
>implying they won't take a cut

it would've killed modding as we knew it and turn it to a cashgrab. it's pretty fucking sleazy
>>
>>343743130

You have to admit though, the way they implemented it was, well, I don't want to call it shady. I'd more call it retarded. And it was easily abused, as the 999$ horse genital mods had showcased. If they didn't immediately rescind it, I would've been very unhappy with them.
>>
bump, /v/ needs to see this brose
>>
>>343742753
My thoughts are that I hate CS:GO, I hate Valve, I hate e-celeb kike faggots, I hate the people who play video games, and I hate you for spamming the board with this gay retarded shit all day.
>>
File: 1467583630333.jpg (42 KB, 551x480) Image search: [Google]
1467583630333.jpg
42 KB, 551x480
It's approaching a point where something most likely will be done by Valve. Either they will acknowledge the skins to have monetary worth (with massive repercussions) or they will do some other fix.

CSGO gambling-sites and the people they sponsor will hopefully soon get a visit from several government agencies looking to collect their dollar. A plethora of both sites and streamers/you-tubers are guilty of money-laundering, tax evasion, lack of disclosure and several other things related to these sites.

However, i don't think much is going to happen. Valve just don't give a shit about things like this and these sites are very indirectly profitable for Valve.
>>
My thought is that this same topic has been posted 1000 times today
>>
>>343746515
Eventually the business gets large enough it can't be ignored by the people who aren't getting any. It's already a 2.3 billion business according to the video and it's barely started
>>
you did this neo-/v/
because of you these reddit threads are here and will stay here.
Enjoy your cancer
>>
>>343742753
Nah, easily dismantled. You can't trade your Steam Wallet money into real money. Yes, you can sell keys, but that's against the TOS and you may be banned, as has happened milions of times already.

Discarded. Next one.
>>
>>343742753
Valve is in a pickle, no matter what they do, they will get massive backlash
>>
>>343742753

>h3
>literal reddit shit

Hah.
>>
>>343742753
I have no horse in this race, and don't care. fuck off with your e-celeb trash and shit games.
>>
File: thinkofthechildren.jpg (49 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
thinkofthechildren.jpg
49 KB, 640x480
>>343749471
Still, the court of public opinion isn't likely to go in favor of the big bad corporation that enables underage gambling, won't somebody Reverend Lovejoy's wife.
It's pretty close to a mainstream news joint finding a new sensational scapegoat, think FOX covering this.
Popcorn time?
>>
>>343742909
They allow people on those websites to securely log-in with Steam's servers.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.