[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls 3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3
File: cancer.png (14 KB, 187x276) Image search: [Google]
cancer.png
14 KB, 187x276
Can we all agree that this weapon needs a nerf?
>>
No. Enough with the nerfs. Buff things that aren't as good.
The game will be absolutely awful if it continues nerfing anything efficient at killing people.

Make it so the disparity between Card Captor Sakura and the other curved swords isn't so gigantic.
Increase reaper AR by 30%, and so on.
>>
>>343731771
It's not the damage it's the attack rate and how easily it staggers me and its hard to retaliate against people who two hand the sword.
>>
>>343732672
That's just true of all curved swords. It's their niche and their only GOOD move, the entire reason they exist, you nerf that and you might as well just remove the class.
>>
>>343732832
Yeah but all you need to do is r1 like no end and you can easily roll catch people who run out of stamina and get a hit or two when people try to roll away to recover stamina.
>>
I hate that animations cant be cancelled when they go through, this results of me trying to retaliate but because they swing first i cant fight back unless i swing first.
>>
>>343731771
This, I'm tired of developers nerfing anything remotely fun; just make everything else stronger, live a little!
>>
>>343733402
No, its not fun to be stunned by curved swords, its not fun not being able to retaliate against a weapon that swings faster than yours.
>>
My PC has above all the min specs except for graphics card; I have a 650 and the min is 750. Will I be fine?
>>
Do people actually play this online?
>>
>>343733534
Then bring back poise faggot.
>>
>>343733637
Yes youre fine just play the fucking game goddamn
>>
>>343733791
yes, and its bad
>>
>>343733946
If i could i would no doubt about it
>>
>>343734130
I'm still mad that it was something as simple as having a stat be on or off; what reason would they have for ruining heavy armor? Just take it out of the game if you liked Bloodborne so much, and bring back dashing!
>>
>>343734553
This game feels like another attempt of mixing two games together, like dark souls 2, they mixed dark souls and demon souls and we got dark souls 2 which was considered terrible, but it seems like dark souls 3 had surpassed it even further when it comes to being shit, It feels like a bad version of blood borne that hardly got any testing before they shat it out onto store shelves, because of the lack of poise this game seems to reward hyper aggressiveness than patient defensive players. This is proven that you can swing about 6-10 times without rest and yet i can hardly hold 4-8 hits with a greatshields, meaning it punishes me for playing defensively, this diminishes more build diversity.
>>
>>343731062
>tfw never experience any problems all these other anons complain about when talking about weapons
God damn, I hate not being able to complain. I mean, what can I do to limit myself so that I can experience this pain finally? Only weapon types I haven't used for a decent length of time yet is fists, whips, and scythe type weapons. Which one do I need to use to finally start losing and complaining about every other weapon being OP?
>>
>>343735285
try not using twin swords, ultra greatswords and meta weapons
>>
>>343735376
I've used just about everything though. I have not experienced a single weapon that is unusable, or a single weapon that I can't handle taking down. Some weapons have some annoyances, like the reach on the washing pole, but then the user becomes so fucking predictable it isn't funny.
>>
>>343735285
I mean when you using something like a basic spear, a basic axe or practically anything that gets out classed by meta weapons it feels annoying and puts me in a situation where i have to change my character to match the meta or else most of the time i lose, i hate being forced to play metas simply because its more effective to rather than have some diversity among play styles, i cant go around using a shotel or a sythe without being outclassed in terms of speed and damage and the fact that most meta weapons are good at roll catching.
>>
>>343735632
Yeah but some people aren't as good as you and when they try to make something viable they have to be at a set skill level or else they will just get dominated by the current metas
>>
>>343731062
For anyone who likes to complain about balancing in this game, please answer two questions for me. First, what multiplayer game out there, that has choices, is completely balanced? Second, why aren't you trying to become good enough that you can ignore any imbalance that may exist?
>>
>>343736704
alright ill answer you, first question, none but that doesn't excuse the fact that you should attempt to fix the game as a developer thats a stupid way to excuse the fact that its actually broken. Second question, I am trying to become better, but when i try to separate myself from the forced metas in this game i have to suffer because of the lack of balancing of weapons, most weapons that i try to make viable get stomped on and i admit im not good at the game but i want try something different but because of the lack of weapon balancing weapons outclass other weapons such as the dark sword which used to outclass all other swords and same for the estoc outclassing rapiers. I dont want to play in a style that everyone else uses.
>>
>>343733378
Yea no shit. That's how it always works.
I swing first, i hit you first you idiot.
>>
>>343737295
Right because name calling will justify your point, first yes it's natural but you dont take into account the lack of poise, i swing first yet swords that have more stagger still cancel my animation so please try again.
>>
>>343737418
Use weapons with hyper armour then if you're too shit to space and time your opponent properly.
>>
>>343737894
This

I main the astora greatsword and it shreds shitters.

You might even call it the shitter shredder.
>>
>>343737894
hyper armor can get outclassed by cookie cutter builds, keep trying.
>>
>>343737170
>thats a stupid way to excuse the fact that its actually broken
This would be true if it was actually broken... These weapons that don't belong to your meta list are in fact feasible. They wouldn't be feasible in a broken game.

BTW, I suck at the game too. I'm so bad that I can't even fucking use parry 99% of the time. My only saving grace is that I excel at pattern recognition probably more than any other human I will ever meet face to face. My advice to you is recognize your own patterns, and see what you can do to change them. Don't even focus on learning other people's patterns until you have yourself figured out.

Using my friend as an example, he is aggressive. This means he will get greedy when he should be pulling back. When he manages to fix this mistake he wins matches a whole lot more often.
>>
>>343738106
You are hilariously wrong. Hyper armor outclasses everything. Ultra great weapons outclass everything.

Ultra weapon r1's can't be parried when 2 handed and hyper armor is infinite unlike poise.

There's no counter.
>>
>>343738262
doesnt seem like that way to me, i easily destroy people with a cookie cutter build and i hate going up against one when i try to use hyper armor
>>
>>343738427
Then you're not doing it right. Those cookie cutters are only effective if you play defensively.

Get in that faggot's face and swing.
>>
>>343738427
Weapons like the hollowslayer have perfect amounts of hyper armour for things like that, same with the BKS and some other glaives. Stop jumping into the meta like there's no other option and actually try to play the game for fun and you might learn something.
>>
>>343738836
I dont like the meta, have you not been reading my posts?
>>
OH YAY, TIME FOR SOME PVP

>Invasions are 4-man gank squads, 2 guys using un-parriable weapons, one casting shit from afar, the host rushes with an un-parriable weapon or a fast weapon, the other two big weapon dudes never leave his side
>All enemies are dead
>You get half your Estus
>You get half health or whatever % reduction
>Host is full health
>Phantoms may have Tears of Denial, as well as the host
>Natural shitty netcode
>A second invader has a 50/50 chance of either helping out or helping the host gank you

Well, alright. Invasions are out of the question. So, let's try out some of these duels everyone is talking about!

>After the buff, Onikiri and Whatfuckingever have a combo that deals 1K+ damage and it's guaranteed if they apply the free as fuck bleed buff
>The leaping attack typically destroy all forms of hyper armor
>The other meta weapons have stunlocks up the ass that deal the same, if not more damage than heavy weapons
>People play for hours just doing the same stunlock combo over and over
>Some hosts and phantoms also have the meta weapons and builds

There is no point to DaS3 PvP. Bloodborne had the best one, but fucked up due to the matchmaking style and the overpowered blood gems that ended fights in like 2 hits.

PvP is shit and always was shit in general. Miyazaki hates invaders and has a boner for stunlocks. Fuck the pvp in these games and fuck anyone that treats them like fucking fighting games.
>>
>>343739932
pretty much, it feels like another forced game, no real effort or thought put into balancing the game as usual.
>>
>>343739932
I agree with the first but part but the second is complete bullshit. You have plenty of time to not walk right the fuck into the O&U weapon art combo for example.

Now that they nerfed the dark sword, with which there was nothing wrong by the way, you would expect shitters like you to shut up but no, there's always something that you would complain about just because you suck so bad that you can't bring yourself to git gud. Because of shitters like you they do so many unnecessary nerfs such as the current dancer swords nerf.

The pvp is alright, the problem is you.
>>
I dropped DaS3 because of performance problems, did they address that?

Also is it true that a lot of people consider it as mediocre?
>>
>>343739932

>>343743384
>The pvp is alright, the problem is you.

This, though the forced less health for invaders does get annoying when you're fighting someone similar to you in skill

You come off as so fucking pissed at past experiences you've had that your opinion is invalidated
>>
File: 1467478112478.png (303 KB, 500x514) Image search: [Google]
1467478112478.png
303 KB, 500x514
>>343739932
>that one time Onimimi and Bazingachi broke through my perseverance
>>
>>343731062
is this a joke? who the fuck loses to a piece of shit curved sword in pvp?
equip a spear and flawlessly kill them as they can't even get close to half your range
>>
>>343746721
>that one time I broke through perseverance with Onichiki and Ubanani and landed weapon art three times in a row before he was able to dodge the fourth
>>
you guys still play this game? pvp isn't even that good.
>>
>tfw havent touched this game in nearly a month

souls is dead
>>
>>343747158
what the fuck
>>
>>343748391
>>343748437
free (you)s
>>
>>343748537
How it happened was he used Perseverance and swung right when I used Onislayer, and for some reason we traded and either Perseverance got cancelled out or it ran out. Then I did it again and it managed to beat his attack and get the combo into the third one. Shit was hilarious.
>>
>>343734950
>baby mad he can't turtle or spam a zweighander
>>
>"NERF EVERYTHING INTO THE GROUND UNTIL THE GAME IS BORING MESS"

How about we just buff weaker things or seek actually balance instead of sinking the game's weapons all to the same mediocre level? Also, how about people start actually playing the fucking game correctly?

I've had people send hatemail claiming I was running op shit (using a fucking blacksmith hammer once and preserverence got him). These people remind me of an old friend that would immediately label anything that beat him as OP with very little data, just knee-jerk or no attempt to adapt.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.