[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How are Nintendo products so durable? I wish every console took
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 293x172) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7 KB, 293x172
How are Nintendo products so durable? I wish every console took pride in the build quality of their products as much as Nintendo.

>Own NES, SNES, Gamecube, Wii
>Still running strong as the day i bought them.

>own original Xbox
>takes shit after 3 years

>own Xbox 360
>takes shit after 6 years of rather heft gameplay.

How does Nintendo do it?
>>
>>343722120
NES, SNES are durable just like Genesis/Master System

Gamecube was well designed. Good console, quality components.

Wii is just a gamecube with a better (overclocked) CPU.
>>
>>343722370
Do they have good thermal management or is the fact that theyre not stuffed with extra components to play dvds and shit the secret to being reliable.
>>
>>343722120
To my knowledge, it has to do with few moving parts for the consoles or a thick enough shell to prevent breakage.

As for the handhelds, all of them are required to be able to endure a 6 foot drop before the design is accepted.
>>
>>343722664
the fan on the wii is very very small. It's not a console that produces heat

I really don't think the problem was dvd movies enabled/disabled.

The problem with Sony is that they used cheap lasers and cheap componenets in evevery PS2 to the point of the slims being the most shit hardware I ever owned.

I think what made the gamecube great was the disc componenets and the design of the CPU/GPU that didn't suffer from any overheat problems
>>
>>343722690
I like that. Im praying the NX isnt gimmicky.
>>
>>343722690
All my Nintendo consoles still work as new, while all my Sony consoles have had some sort of failure with just recently my ps4 randomly ejecting my discs and randomly beeping when turned off. Never owned Xbox but they don't seem to be any better than Sony consoles.
>>
>>343722690
>As for the handhelds, all of them are required to be able to endure a 6 foot drop before the design is accepted.

Even the 3DS XL?

I feel like my n3DS XL would break if I dropped it into hard floor.
>>
>>343722971
>The problem with Sony is that they used cheap lasers and cheap componenets in evevery PS2 to the point of the slims being the most shit hardware I ever owned

Oh boy here comes Sonyfans claiming it's all your fault and Sony can do no wrong. Fuck them and fuck the PS2 hardware.
>>
>>343722971
I miss the gamecube. It honestly seemed more powerful than the Xbox and Ps2 even though i dont know that for a fact.
>>
>>343723374
Stronger than the PS2.
>>
>>343723114
Its slightly better built but not much.
>>
Xbox was well built the biggest source of breakages with the HUEG xbox was the dvd drive. Some of the brands that were used were absolutely shit quality, I think the worst was the thompson branded dvd drives. On the other hand Samsung drives were usually good and would last for quite a while.
>>
Older nintendo hardware is durable as fuck, the modern stuff is shit though.

Cracked my 2DS screen from dropping it yesterday, still pissed.
>>
>>343723327
The fat was a good hardware but still suffered from cheap laser and noisy disc problems after 6-12 months

>>343723374
The Xbox was way more powerful than PS2 and Gamecube. It was such a great console and could handle 720p games with no problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH58RJvteKA
>>
File: 1446288516074.png (150 KB, 318x350) Image search: [Google]
1446288516074.png
150 KB, 318x350
>>343722120
>own a PS4
>console kept turning itself on and ejecting discs; sometimes indefinitely until I unplugged the console
>find out it isn't a bug, but a design flaw
>the middle rubber foot under the PS4 is actually touching the eject button, and when the temperature in a room changes drastically it causes the rubber to expand and retract
>had to remove the rubber foot just so the PS4 would function normally
>and of course the left thumbstick on the controller is tearing, as expected

Eat a fucking dick Sony. Jesus christ was a shitty design. It's clear no one who imagined the shape and function of this console actually used it for gaming for any extended period of time. I'm honestly surprised the dumb thing doesn't RRoD, it's so shoddy.

Never had one issue with my PS3.
>>
>>343722120
Nintendium Anon
>>
>>343723843

"Buy the brand new Playstation 4 Neo good goy!"
>>
>>343724009
by releasing PS4 Neo sony is telling everyone: 60fps game failed and we want you to spend another 499 dollars to enjoy VR and forget about performance
>>
>>343723843
Do they even test shit out anymore? Bad hardware design coupled with game companies not even properly testing games out to fix bugs really makes me cynical of the whole game industry.

Crash when?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (82 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
82 KB, 1280x720
>>343722120
>Nintendo products so durable
>durable
Say hello the Nintendo Family Computer Disk System
>>
>>343724449
Game companies don't pay 12 dollars /hour to a nerd test the game and report basic and obvious bugs, report game crashing after 10 minutes, etc. They will release a broken game and patch 10+ gb the day after.

Sony and Microsoft are no different
They simply don't care.

To be fair Microsoft seems to fixed with xbox one and PS3 had less problems than PS2
>>
>>343724449
The eject button is as sensitive as a clitoris, and they thought it would be a good idea to make one of the rubber feet, that supports the while console, touch it. I'm not a engineer or anything, but it seems like this is the kind of thing even a child would notice is a bad idea.
>>
>>343723843
The only problem I've had with mine so far is the console shutting down on occasion while in rest mode, not sure if it's because I've got a newer model or what.
Still things like what you posted make me worried for the future of mine, I already had a shitload of problems with my 360 having disk drive failure and other shit.
>>
>>343724952
My ps4 still has an ejecting and beeping problem even with that rubber foot removed
>>
>>343722120
Surprisingly, the Lunchbox Square is a more efficient design than a rectangle
>>
>>343722690
Now that Iwata is gone do you think they'll still keep this standard?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.