[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>It's true that Shenmue 3 raised $6 million dollars in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
>It's true that Shenmue 3 raised $6 million dollars in a campaign spanning June 15 to July 15, 2015, and Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, took in $5.5 million just one month before. But the 2016 dropoff appears not to be skewed entirely by the success of a single project. Both halves of 2015 (Jan. 1 to June 30, and July 1 to Dec. 31) saw more than $20 million in pledges. Removing Bloodstained and Shenmue 3's take from their respective halves of 2015 would still leave the $8 million of 2016's first half down about 40 percent from either half in 2015.

Are we seeing the kikestarter bubble finally about to pop?
>>
>>343715315
>Are we seeing the kikestarter bubble finally about to pop?

MN9 made it so
>>
>>343715315

I'm a bit saddened. I was hoping Kickstarter would allow good games to be made. Games that publishers wouldn't fund in the first place because they won't sell CoD numbers or games that publishers fund but only if the dev washes it down to appeal to the casual audience.

Too bad most KS games were shit. People really do suck at budgeting.
>>
>>343715315
Hopefully. There needs to be a certain set of criteria before you can make one imo
>>
>>343715852
I dunno, I'm actually really happy about Bloodstained making it. The demo felt like SOTN, all the way down to the move cancelling and back-dashing for more speed, got me excited for more.
>>
I doubt people are going to back many Kickstarters when they're still waiting for a lot of them to deliver
>>
>>343716114
MN9 was a stunning failure, while Bloodstained, Yooka-Laylee and Shantae are on track to be rousing successes.

But yes, project leaders mishandling Kickstarter hurts the platform.

>>343716284
This, too. People are waiting for their original projects to come through.
>>
>>343715852
It did allow for some good games to be made, the problem is that, like anything, people abused it, and retards gave money to obvious scams.
>>
>>343716357
2015 was a banner year for Kickstarter as games go.
>>
Thank christ.
>>
>>343715852
There's been plenty of good games made thanks to KS. It's inherently risky though, and some projects are bound to fail.
>>
>>343715852
It's almost as if publishers serve a vital role in game development, and removing all accountability for developers doesn't lead to better results.

>CROWD FUNDING IS THE FUTURE OF GAMING!

Still laughing years later.
>>
>>343716776
Iga was upfront with the purpose of the Bloodstained Kickstarter: he had additional money lined up elsewhere to fund his project, and the Kickstarter was simply to prove that there was a viable market for the game so that he could get his funding (about $5m) by letting fans put their money where their mouth is.

What Iga didn't count on was the Kickstarter being so wildly successful that it quite literally doubled his budget.
>>
After Starbound and MN9, a lot of people are being cautious with Kikestarter, regardless of the situation on that particular game.
>>
>>343715315
the whole indie market was a mistake
>>
File: 587.jpg (34 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
587.jpg
34 KB, 600x600
>>343717201
Some good games came out of it.

The only thing I hate about it is that shit artists, huge snobs and SJWs hijacked it.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.