[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I really want to try out a SNES RPG for the first time but have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 100_2597.jpg (204 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
100_2597.jpg
204 KB, 1024x768
I really want to try out a SNES RPG for the first time but have no idea which to go for. What would people suggest?
Ideally not something that's gonna cost a fucking fortune.
>>
Emulate Tales of Phantasia

Get the version patched by DeJap

or play Chrono Trigger
>>
shadow run holy shit do it.
>>
>>343695268
>Ideally not something that's gonna cost a fucking fortune
Really limiting your options there. Retro game prices are fucking retarded currently, however Illusion of Gaia is great and somehow not that high yet last I checked. Its more of an action RPG though.
>>
>>343695805
Illusian of Gaia was one I was looking at. Is Illusion of Time any good? (I think that's the name)
>>
>>343695740
Never even heard of it but I shall look into it
>>
>>343696026
I think Time is just the French localization.
>>
>>343695268

Ultma VI is a good game, but an inferior port of the PC version.

Ultima: Runes of Virtue is a retarded spin-off game, made for consolefags because the publisher thought that consolefags couldn't handle a real Ultima game. The Gameboy version is superior to the SNES version if you must play it.

Also, just emulate Final Fantasy VI and Chrono Trigger.
>>
Earthbound
Super Mario RPG, which has button timing combat (contextual?)
Secret of Mana is good solo, just a fun if you can get a buddy to play
Secret of Evermore is pretty good
>>
>>343697603
Mana and Evermore aren't related, right?
>>
>>343695268
Der Langrisser
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.