[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Upgrades When?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: Handheld Gaming.jpg (48 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Handheld Gaming.jpg
48 KB, 800x600
We know this 8th Generation of Consoles will last longer due to Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo making new version of their Consoles. But what about the Handhelds? Do you think they need an upgrade like the Home Consoles?
>>
Nintendo made a New 3DS though.
Why do you capitalise like a retard?
Ranger?
>>
>>343685650
I fucking love my 3DS I donßt use my vita that much, but I think it's time for a new thing and not like in New 3ds, but the real deal.
>>
>>343685650
NX is both their next gen stationary and portable system. Why else do you think they've combined their home and portable game development?
>>
NX is more or less going to be replacing both 3DS and Wii U and Sony probably won't even bother making another handheld considering how horrifically they failed with the Vita.
>>
Assuming that the NX isn't some weird hybrid handheld/console, I am assuming that the 3DS probably has a year or two left. I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo is waiting to see what happens with the NX before they kill of their main money maker right now.

Sony is probably done with portables, sadly.
>>
Vita was shit for years because no one wanted it or ready for it. It is arguably still shit now

3DS suffered from no games for a long time too because DS is far superior

Both vita and 3DS have fucked all games these days. Who would want another new handheld with no games?
>>
>>343685650
>Do you think they need an upgrade like the Home Consoles?
What would be the point? They're gonna sell terribly.
>>
>>343685650
>Upgrades
Nintendo already upgraded the 3ds. N3ds buys them another 3 years you'll see more games becoming n3ds exclusive. No new Sony handheld
>>
>>343685650
Will Sony even make another handheld? Honestly even if Nintendo's home console business completely shit the bed again they could just drop it and move on to handheld only, they have no competition and never have in that market.
>>
>>343685650
>Do you think they need an upgrade like the Home Consoles?
No, I'm happy with my 3DS/VITA.
>>
Recommend me a 3DS game.
>>
>>343687471
Legend of legacy is on sale. Monster Hunter generations releases this month
>>
>>343687761

>Legend of legacy
What is that like?
>>
>>343687471
Shin Megami Tensei IV
>>
>>343687918

I played it before, got most of the way down the law route and then my save file got torched.

Worth playing again for Neutral in preparation for Apocalypse?
>>
>>343687849
It's a good little rpg there's a demo check it out
>>
>>343688024
Yeah, you'll definitely want to get the neutral ending
>>
>>343688187

What kind of RPG? Because there's a lot of RPGs I could be playing.
>>
File: Hiroyuki-Takahashi-2.jpg (101 KB, 610x582) Image search: [Google]
Hiroyuki-Takahashi-2.jpg
101 KB, 610x582
>>343685650
I don't think the need an upgrade. I think the era of handhelds might be ending.

Have a DS and a Vita, I like the Vita better. But gaming in bite size seems to be dead. People aren't generally as interested anymore. They have their mobile games to distract them, and their consoles and PC's when they come home.

I think the Vita was a bit of a step in the right direction. It had impressive hardware (in comparison to the DS) and games that felt like console counterparts. It also didn't rely heavily on redundant features, and did a better job than the DS at integrating touch controls.

Things aren't like they used to be. You bought a Gamer Boy because you wanted more gaming all the time. Now people are filling up every empty moment with their phones.
>>
>>343686253
vita is only 4 years old
>>
>>343688703
>killed at four years old
JUST
>>
>>343688703
Its older than 4 isnt it? How olds the ps4? Because Vita was around before it
>>
>>343689915
vita - feburary 2012
ps4 - nov 2013
>>
>>343687471
Rhythm Heaven Megamix.
>>
>>343688865
Actually, it was killed like a year ago, which is even worse.
>>
>>343688352
I hope thats not true. I enjoy playing handheds
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.