[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you know about Fable /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: fable.jpg (998 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
fable.jpg
998 KB, 1280x1024
What do you know about Fable /v/?
>>
That it's a dead series and the remnants of broken dreams and tears. And that Fable 2 was really good but playing it just makes me sad now.
>>
Despite the empty promises and hype I really liked the first one and the second one was alright as well. After that, well.. I'd rather not think about it.
>>
File: 1466985022096.jpg (25 KB, 676x664) Image search: [Google]
1466985022096.jpg
25 KB, 676x664
I liked fable II.
>tfw my 360 is kaput
>Lionhead is ded
Here goes my hope for a remaster on pc.
>>
The first one was one of the few games where you can run around, be a dick, and take on guards.

>sneak into store
>steal everything
>sell it back to the owner
>kill everyone in town
>use money to buy and rent out all the homes.
>leave and come back half an hour later to collect my rent.
>>
>>343684815
Even though 2 and 3 weren't that good, I still like them, they're comfy as fuck.
Hope they port 2 on pc, also, for some reason, ever since windows games live (or whatever it's called) shut down, there are no more CD keys for fable 3.
>>
>>343685871
Dunno if you've played it anon but you can do similar stuff in divinity original sin.
Control one character and make them talk to someone in the room as a distraction, and switch to the other character to rifle through their drawers for goodies. Sadly no rent money to collect
>>
>>343686279
I started to. I couldn't get into the combat.
>>
File: 1444966292224.jpg (9 KB, 232x183) Image search: [Google]
1444966292224.jpg
9 KB, 232x183
I married lady grey in both game.
>>
Each game shows the nation of Albion in a progressively more advanced era. Fable is genuinely underappreciated.
>>
>>343684815
I know i beat Fable 3 without dying while being unaware about the achievement for it.

That game fucking sucked
>>
>>343684815
Fable 2 was one of the worst games I've ever played
>>
>>343688214
Fuck off Peter, you promised too much, delivered too little and made your game worse with every iteration.

DYE DLC
>>
>>343684815
I know that it was a one-hit wonder. It's amazing how they weren't even able to go half a game without ruining the series since The Lost Chapters shat up almost every aspect of the first game outside of a few additional Silver Quests and the criminally underused set piece of the Northern Wastes. Going back and learning the broken promises, changing dev teams, and dozens more shite factors makes it a wonder they were able to cobble together a functioning, albeit barely, series, let alone the great game that the original version on the Xhuge was.

Fable > Fable 2 > Fable: TLC > Fable 3
>>
>>343689128
You preferred Jack of Blades before his voice broke?
>>
I love them all so much. I even love Fable 3, and might be willing to say that it is my favorite and that it is extremely fun. Fable 3 coop was also great.
I have a hard time disliking games.
Fable 1 though is my number 1 favourite game of all time.
>>
>>343689440
>conniving, corrupt rogue with a voice to match
or
>generic demon

TLC was a shit. Maybe it would have worked better if Jack was more dark and imposing, but that's not how it worked out.
>>
>>343689920
>Conniving corrupt rogue
He sounded like a literal mincing faggot.
He had all the menace and presence of a turnip.
Lost Chapters did a lot wrong, but making Jack a worthwhile villain was not among its crimes.
>>
>>343690113
He was much more well constructed in the original Fable. A man that fought inch by inch for more power. Everything played back into it. How he talked and manipulated people in both voice and manner. How he was dangerous but only as a villain that stuck to the shadows or was accompanied by henchman. How he garnered forces of bandits and Old Kingdom minions in order to have force he could not have as a singular hero or that his true face would be revealed to anyone he couldn't sway with coin or magic. He was imposing in a devious way, not blunt strength. Then his machinations finally come to a peak in the Chamber of Fate and he becomes a being with the power to back it up. He was great in and of himself and a piece that builds into the story of the Hero of Oakvale as he himself faces the corruption of power and fame inadvertently during his journey just to fix what broke his life.

Then TLC comes along and just turns into a generic Demon vs Chosen One.
>>
>>343691140
Wow, nostalgia goggles something fierce. Maybe go back and replay the game, most of that shit is fanon that you have inferred.
Did he make you wet or something?
>>
So is anniversary any good?
>>
>>343693556
Answer this little penis guy's question, I want to know as well.
>>
>>343695629
Pirate it.
>>
>There are people in this very thread that don't have limited edition Fable III steam edition.
>>
Holding hands in the 3rd one was so fucking retarded..seriously why
>>
>>343696151
>steam edition
>literally the facebook of "gamers"

Nah, I rather have the skidrow version :^)
>>
>>343698416
Immersion
>>
File: 1463188027926.jpg (11 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1463188027926.jpg
11 KB, 184x184
>Play TLC as my first Fable game
>everything was so amazing and impactful, Oakvale is the comfiest shit on earth
>entire game has dragons suppressed as being all dead, then you fucking fight Dragon of Blades
>amazing game

>play Fable 3
>jesus tittyfucking christ

The twist of your brother actually being a good guy was really cool, but that's literally all the praise I can give.
>>
>>343700803
Thank you for the spoiler, shithead.
>>
File: 1467258989900.jpg (246 KB, 400x800) Image search: [Google]
1467258989900.jpg
246 KB, 400x800
>>343700803
Fun fact, the original fable is considered a shit game and a huge disappointment because molyneux promised so much more and then let that shit slide out.

Of course its very fondly remembered by /v/ since it was a lot of early 20 somethings first RPG but still.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.