[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nostalgia aside. does this shit hold up?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
Nostalgia aside. does this shit hold up?
>>
>>343664407
Yes, why do you ask?
>>
>>343664407
it might be the best 3d zelda for exploration but the handholding and triforce shard hunting really kills the game.
>>
>>343664407
Yes
>>
>>343664407
>good graphics
>good atmosphere
>Super easy
>not enough dungeons, game is short and padded
>Items are uninspired
>>
File: link_the_islander2__medium.png (51 KB, 250x158) Image search: [Google]
link_the_islander2__medium.png
51 KB, 250x158
Just finished GC version for the first time and I loved it!
>>
>>343664521

only 3d Zelda I haven't played. I hear the second half is tedious as fuck
>>
>>343664407
Of course it holds up.

It's a great game and if it never existed and released under a different name and IP, it would be a GoTY contender in most years. It has flaws, but it's a great game.
>>
Yeah, it's pretty good. Wish it had some more dungeons, though. Or more islands that weren't just 'obligatory small island for a heart piece/treasure map'

Should have had more settlements, too.
>>
>>343664741
If you have a wii u , the HD version makes it a lot less tedious.
>>
HD is the superior version in aesthetics and gameplay.
>>
>>343664741
Hint: Find Diamond Steppe Island as soon as you can, things will be a lot easier.

In other hand, if you really find it tedious, read a guide.
>>
>>343664857
It was mind boggling in size at the time anon. I know it's always easy to want MOAR but Windwaker was already pushing boundaries by having so much space and optional content.

>>343664954
>>343664954
Get ready for emufag and nostalgiababies to disagree with the truth anon. They can't be reasoned with.
>>
I don't have a wii u. Should I play Windwaker or Twilight Princess on Gamecube or should I wait until I can play the wii u version of both?
>>
>>343664407
Yeah it's still one of the best. Only weaknesses being that it's kinda easy and needs more dungeons.
>>
Absolutely.
>>
>>343664407
like shit because nintendo games are made for children and youve surely grown up by now
>>
>>343664954
Only negative about the HD version is that some places have too much bloom and makes it look washed out.

Otherwise it's great.
>>
What about if I didn't like the original? Mainly due to all the optional islands being garbage and pointless so the game felt on rails. Did they add new items to make it worth it?
>>
>>343664741
Just delay all exploring until the triforce part and you are golden.

I'd say the game holds up really well, it's an atmosphere heavy game for me personally, but you may see it as something else.
>>
File: 1467477818393.jpg (55 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1467477818393.jpg
55 KB, 500x500
>>343665178
What could have been
>>
>>343665337
Not really, but you get a g2gfast sail that completely negates changing the wind direction and you get like 3 triforce shards just handed to you without needing to find a map first.
>>
>>343664407
Best Zelda game to date
>>
>>343664407
God no. Wind Waker is by far the most boring of the 3D Zeldas.
>empty open ocean that you need to travel back and forth
>most islands you find are boring so no fun in exploring
>dungeons and enemies are baby mode, I literally didnt die a single time during the whole game
>characters are boring and forgetful save for Tetra and duck girl
>btw lore went balls to the wall retard and made Zora evolve into bird people...
>HEY BRO WERE YOU STILL HAVING FUN WITH THE GAME? WELL TOO BAD, HERES 999 TRIFORCE PIECES THAT YOU NEED SEARCH AROUND THE BORING SEA BEFORE YOU CAN FINISH THE GAME

Funny part is that I originally didnt like the art design for the game but after playing it I changed my mind about that.
But fuck everything else about that Zelda.
>>
>>343665752
>God no. Wind Waker is by far the most boring of the 3D Zeldas.
thats twilight princess and skyward my familia
>>
>>343665752
All other points are completely valid but
>>characters are boring and forgetful save for Tetra and duck girl
You don't like Makar? Or Granny? Or Aryll?
>>btw lore went balls to the wall retard and made Zora evolve into bird people...
Because the goddesses didn't want them to swim under and find Hyrule I guess. Or: Zoras in OoT are freshwater and the sea in WW is saltwater.
>>
My roommate plays it on her Wii U. I remember seeing here that the Wii U version supposedly has too much bloom, looks like shit, etc., but I thought it looked gorgeous. Definitely a case of a game's unique art style carrying it through the years. I'm pretty bored by the actual game itself , but it's definitely easy on the eyes.

And before any Zelda fans lynch me for not being taken with the series, I think BoTW looks good an am pretty excited to give it a whirl. Zelda games have way too many fucking exposition-dumps for my tastes. BoTW looks to fix that.
>>
>>343665752
Still less boring that TP's forced Wolf sections.
>>
>>343664407
It's great. Not the best.
The Good:
>Interesting world concept
>Loveable characters
>advanced sword skills
>great dungeons
The Bad:
>Open world is a bit empty
>It's pretty short with only a few temples
>Link looks stupid
>Triforce Hunt
>Triforce Hunt
>THE FUCKING TRIFORCE HUNT
>>
>>343664407
>I am too afraid to play games myself to find out
>I am such a pathetic coward that I am afraid of playing a videogame
>>
I think it holds up well, but the game is admittedly very very easy. I did a 3 heart challenge for it though and that made the game fucking great. Apparently the challenge mode in the remake fixes the difficulty.

People complain about the trifled hunting but that was my favorite part of the game. Up until then it's pretty linear, but once the triforce hunt starts the world is completely open. You can explore as much as you want.

Plus there's a map you get that leads you to every piece of the triforce, so I really don't understand why people had so much trouble.
>>
>>343665328
That's how real life looks. Sometimes there's too much sunlight and it bounces off everything and washes out all the colors

WWHD captures this. WWGC did the best with what it had and looks eerie and dark in comparison.
>>
>>343667303
it's far more bizarre to me that many people waited to explore until the triforce piece hunt, which means you either enjoyed playing the game on rails until the game told you not to, or you knew ahead of time and waited to explore.

it's a game design problem when the biggest + of your game is exploration but you get punished later by having to repeat exploration if you didn't know about the triforce shard hunt
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.