[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Arkham games rankings
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 5
File: Arkham Asylum cover.jpg (28 KB, 281x354) Image search: [Google]
Arkham Asylum cover.jpg
28 KB, 281x354
City > Asylum > Origins >>> Knight

prove me wrong you can't

literally how do you fuck up a game with the coolest Batmobile in the franchise as hard as they did?
>>
Asylum was great. City onward was terrible.
>>
>>343649576
Asylum is the best game
>>
City wasn't that good. Origins improved on it in every way. Asylum will always stay the best for atmosphere reasons.

AA > AO > AC haven't played AK but I assume it's shit.
>>
>>343649731
No. The additions they made to the combat (multiple thugs targeting you at once, multi-person counters, etc.) and gliding mechanics were too good. City also has the best gadgets lineup in the series
>>
Asylum>Origins>Knight>City

Origins was literally City, but with a better story, Knight gets too much flack, the Batmobile sections were fun
>>
>>343649576

City > Origins > Asylum > Knight

Knight left a bad taste in my mouth for many many reasons
>>
>>343649964
>Origins was literally City, but with a better story
>better story
>forcing the Joker in halfway YAY MORE JOKER YOUR MANDATORY JOKER QUOTA HAS BEEN FILLED
>dropping the assassination plot almost entirely
>forgetting about Black Mask
>Deathstroke going down like a punk
>dropping the Batman vs the Mob atmosphere for more Joker antics yay!
the only good part of Origin's story was how it handled Bane (which was really good)
>>
>>343650175
>Batman Origin story
>Doesn't expect Joker
Are you high, lad?
>>
which game has the hottest Harley Quinn?
>>
>>343650343
>story about Batman vs Black Mask and the remnants of Gotham's old Mob
>turns out the Joker was behind it all
I would have accepted a nod to the Joker's presence at the end of the game, but forcing him as the mastermind behind everything completely destroyed the Year One-inspired atmosphere they were going for
>>
>>343650175

That was the whole point of the game. Black Mask and his organized crime ilk were being replaced by a new breed of criminal. And it's not like the Joker "just randomly appeared" they had a nice setup and a good payoff. Getting butthurt that they don't have Black Mask, a b-tier villain, its just cheap criticism.

City's story was a meandering mess, which seemed like 5 different stories chopped up and arranged into one semi-coherent narrative.
>>
>>343650538
Anon. Again.

Batman origin story in modern media.

And you DIDN'T expect the Joker.

Are you HIGH?
>>
>>343650658
that's exactly the problem you idiot.

modern Batman stories seem to think that there's some Joker affirmative action going on in their writing, wherein every. single. story has to force the Joker as the grand mastermind behind everything, or there will be some kind of revolt.

Sorry for daring to hope that we wouldn't see the Joker as the fucking man behind the curtain. again. for the 3rd game in a row.
>>
Asylum >
(Most focused experience, really feels like you're going trough a shit night as the Batman)
City >
(dividing the game on a lousy sandbox so you have to search for the hubs that continue the story was a mistake, but the missions and the writing is still top notch, so it's just a slight annoyance)
Knight >
(Story is fanfic tier, sandbox is even more annoying and the Bat-Tank was a mistake, but there's still things to like)
Origin >
(Outsourced shovelware trash)
>>
>>343651068
how would you improve implementing the Batmobile, /v/?
>>
You literally cannot beat Asylum. It's one of those stars aligned type games. It's a perfect package.
>>
>>343652487
the combat mechanics of City and Origins make Asylum feel slow and clunky. It's got the best atmosphere and story, but it was very much a rough draft in terms of mechanics
>>
>>343649576
I just bought Knight on the Steam Sale. 15 FPS after months of patches.
Holy shit, I had a preorder or this originally but held back.
Now I'm keeping it because eventually I will have a computer which can run the bastard thing.
>>
>>343652746
I played City and while the combat flows much nicer, it was still incredibly flowing and excellent in Asylum.
>>
>>343651951
Outside of one or two well designed Batmobile missions? Just keep it as a means to fast travel between places.
>>
>>343652920
I'm not saying that Asylum's combat was BAD, I'm just saying that the other games definitely showed Rocksteady's increased experience with the formula
>>
>>343652950
I liked driving it around, so pls don't make it a fast travel menu like Origins did with the plane. I just didn't like how hard they forced it on you
>>
File: Joker.png (330 KB, 705x477) Image search: [Google]
Joker.png
330 KB, 705x477
Arkham games never learned that what made Joker cool was that in the comics he would be away for sometimes years at a time

he was important because he was saved for happenings, not an every day another Joker plot
>>
>>343649576
Knight was way better than Origins, even with the stupid tank shit.
>>
Asylum>Knight=Origins>City
>>
>>343649576
City=Asylum>Knight>Origins
City and asylum are equal, but for different reasons.
Knight gets a bad rap, but has the best gameplay while Origins has the worst
>>
>>343649576
Asylum > City > Knight > Origins

Asylum was 10/10
City was great
Origins i honestly don't even wanna put it in the ranking because it's just a game ordered by WB and a cashgrab, made by a tier developper. It's just rehashing City without bringing anything that interesting. It really shows that it wasn't made by Rocksteady. It's not a bad game, but it's boring. And their Joker was awful. Also i hated how they sold the entire game with Deathstroke and he appears literally 5 minutes in the story. Fuck this

Knight was not perfect but at least it brought a lot of changes compared to City, like City inovated after Asylum. There was way too much Batmobile/tank stuff but it wasn't that bad honestly.
>>
>>343654979
Asylum is 9.5
City is a 9
Knight is a 7.5 or 8
Origins is a 6.5
>>
>>343649576

Real talk. City is so overrated. Th script.story/characters were so bad and hammy , especially catwoman

Asylum=Origins>City>>>Knight

ps. Knight was boring as fuck. I was super hyper before.. Finished it and traded it in without getting the second ending.

& Origins has the most memorable moments in it
>>
So i bought Origins one time on a whim, and it's the only Arkham game i've never played. So best to skip it is what you guys are saying?
>>
>>343649576
Origins felt like a whole lot of wasted potential. They don't really do much with the assassins besides some throw away fights. This also could've been a chance to have a game be about Jason's death, to get ready for Knight.
Knight was great. The story was fairly weak, but it felt like a proper finale, never really letting go of the pace. The worst thing about the game was the boss battles
>>
>>343655360
Its decent. The combat feels weird and off, and none of the additions were good, besides the ninja enemies.
Doesn't really tie into the other games at all
>>
City > Knight > Asylum > Origins

Asylum was probably the best entry to a new Batman series that anyone could've asked for.

City's move to a more open world environment was a good step; not to say that Asylum's more linear approach was bad, but having a more open area to patrol and find side quests in made it more enjoyable to me.

Origins was essentially an expansion to City that wasn't nearly as polished as City was. It introduced some nice things like better detective mode mechanics and new enemy types, but it was very buggy and managed to be uninteresting. Whenever I played it I just wished I were playing City instead.

Knight pushed the Batmobile way too hard and suffered from not having boss fights, which Rocksteady showed they could do well in City (after dropping the ball in Asylum by making each boss fight a fight against Bane). Having said that, the Batmobile *was* a nice addition to the game, the added gadgets were great, they all felt considerably versatile in their utility, the increased mobility to stealth sections was awesome, and the larger and more vertically-orientated map was excellent to traverse. Sure the Arkham Knight's identity twist was predictable as fuck but it's hard to fault this specific game for that specific thing considering the inexplicable boner the series has had for putting Joker in the villainous limelight with literally every installment.
>>
>>343649735
this honestly, best backtracking
>>
>>343655386
>but it felt like a proper finale
with Batman faking his death AGAIN? no. can people please stop ripping off the Dark Knight Returns?
>>
>>343650538
Wasn't year one. It was year two.
>>
>>343655696
The whole game felt like a proper finale, not just the ending. The pace never let up, and there was the overwhelming sense of ending here.
I actually liked the ending too. Thought it tied into Asreal was really well, and liked that he became a terror again. Though I may be bias a little
>>
>>343649576
Asylum was a 3D Metroidvania, and since Metroidvania is an objectively superior world design compared to open world, Asylum is the best
>>
>>343650343
Batmans first year was dealing with the mob and falcone though. Joker really was a minor "year 2" character and not that big for a long time.

Hugo Strange arguably had a shot for a while as being at least as big a villain. I'm just saying that it isn't inconceivable to not shoe horn joker in.

Although, I think they did it well. I liked Origin.
>>
Story and Level, basically everything design: Asylum>City

Combat:Asylum<City

Not to say that City is poor in any of those aspects however, I didn't like Origin as much, and I haven't played Knight.
>>
>>343649576
I like asylum more, but I'll admit that city is probably better. Never played the other 2.
>>
>>343656041
I thought batmobile did mess up pacing. Too many times you are getting ready to do something and its "stop! get the batmobile and do some puzzle."

What I will say is that there are times when Arkham Knight definitely made it seem like Gotham was turned into an absolute warzone. This wasn't batman slowly and patiently stalking his enemies, taking them down one by one-- Arkham Knight was batman in an all out war that has engulfed the city. For that reason alone it will have a special place for me.
>>
Asylum is the best, city went too open world which is a shit thing remember?

The others dont compare.
>>
Asylum > City > Literal garbage > Knight > Origins
>>
>>343649576
Asylum is the best batman game of all time.
>>
City has a more versatile gameplay, which is good, but Asylum is a much tighter package, making for a better "game flow" overall.
>>
>>343657489
It's also the best 3D Metroidvania of all time, although there isn't much competition.
>>
>>343656142
>>343657714
what the hell is a 3D Metroidvania
>>
>>343658857
A Metroidvania but 3D instead of a sidescroller
>>
>>343649576
because it wasnt a batmobile it was a bat tank
>>
>>343659151
the Knight batmobile looked cool as hell
>>
>>343652746
>Asylum
>best story
>Joker wants to make everyone huge

It was such a shitty payoff
>>
File: harleyquinn.jpg (288 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
harleyquinn.jpg
288 KB, 1920x1080
reminder that Arkham Knight finally brought us this gem
>>
>>343649576
Knight would've been GOAT with better bosses, less tanks and better gadgets
>>
>>343649576
Origins on PC was the best. People say its shit but it's only real problem is the long ass bridge and the FPS

It has the second best atmosphere and best story in the series and the most iconic moments
>>
Is the fact that more people like Asylum mean gaymers prefer a narrative experience more than actual gameplay?
>>
>>343662334
It's nostalgia
>>
City>Arkham>Origins=Knight

I liked City for more to screw around with. Only reason. Arkham was OG tho. The other two were meh.
>>
File: 1447806442111.jpg (72 KB, 756x960) Image search: [Google]
1447806442111.jpg
72 KB, 756x960
Asylum is the only one worth playing, it's just one of those games that doesn't benefit from sequels or at least the open world shit they shoved it into. The cool feeling from gliding around isn't worth the typically shit open world level design.
>>
>>343661407
So basically if it was a different game.
>>
>>343662295
This. Gotham at Christmas Eve with everyone too scared to come out of their houses was a great atmosphere. A section of downtown Gtham tunrned into a huge prison was just stupid.
>>
Knight > City > Asylum >>>>>>>>> ur mom > Origins
>>
Knight wasn't a bad game, it was just a horrible PC port
>>
>>343664540
they went WAY overboard with the whole Christmas theme by the end. The final Joker v Batman confrontation having christmas bells playing in the background was dumb
>>
>>343649576
This is just a lame meme. Almost everyone here have Said this before and "Mr freeze was best boss ever". You probably havent played them all and you are a lazy fuck with nothing to say about the games.

Why not talk about the bio of the characters? The illusions in City, the costumes and DLC missions? Why not talk about what we want in the next game made by these guys?
No. Just a fucking meme ranking were you put the latest game at the end like it was shit:
>asylum>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>shiit>>>>knight xD
>>
>>343661203
perfection
>>
>>343649576
Correct.
>>
>>343665085
>using Christmas themes in a Christmas setting is dumb

O-ok
>>
>>343666963
there's using them, and then there's HEY GUYS DID YOU KNOW THAT TODAY IS DECEMBER 24TH, CHRISTMAS EVE??????? WELL, IN CASE YOU DIDN'T, HERE'S A REMINDER. I'LL STOP BACK IN A FEW MINUTES TO MAKE SURE YOU DON'T FORGET
>>
Is Arkham Knight still a shitshow on PC to play?
>>
>>343668395
yes
>>
>>343668395
>>343669654
lel it's running flawless on my shitty r9 380
>>
>>343665046
I played it on console as with the rest of the arkham games
It was a bad game
>>
>>343667196
and a pool with 10ft high walls can be filled with 10ft deep water. just because your mental walls that store christmas shit are tiny and leaking doesn't mean everyone else's are you joyless fuck
>>
>>343670675
that just might be one of the dumbest analogies I've ever heard
>>
>>343670749
sounds like your analogy pool is actually just a butterfly net

cuck
>>
>>343670648

Bad is an exaggeration. It's very polished and the plot is interesting. The forced Batmobile sections left a bad taste in everyone's mouths. If they'd cut that down to about a quarter of what it was in game and included more sidequests, it would be a great game.
>>
>>343670963
>unironically cuckposting
opinion forever disregarded
>>
>>343671181

finally. I can finally assert my opinion that mars is a much better planet for housing life than earth because awesome red > shit green and faggot blue

damn that's liberating
>>
>>343670995
Cool opinions bro
>>
>>343668395
They released a patch several months back that fixed it for me.
>>
Knight is probably my favourite, but then again I enjoyed the batmobile. I'm a sucker for explosions and fast stuff I guess. I can recognise why people find it retarded though. I also loved the improved mobility in Knight, with the upgraded grapnel boost. Had some great side quests too. I think they ruined the predator encounters though. There were too many and they were overstuffed with all the gadgets and minigun guys. Was sick of them by the end
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.