[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody here tried this demo? It looks pretty decent despite
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: 20160703164406_1.jpg (372 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160703164406_1.jpg
372 KB, 1920x1080
Anybody here tried this demo?

It looks pretty decent despite being unity shit, and the combat is horrible so it's a faithful recreation of the original.

Also, can anyone tell me where the circuit I need to open the door is?
Or how to use the grenades?
>>
>>343645216
You need to press E on the screws and to make it light up to connect it to the end.
>>
>>343645521
oh well I feel retarded.
I was assuming you had to look for something to connect it
>>
File: 20160703170002_1.jpg (349 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160703170002_1.jpg
349 KB, 1920x1080
Still not sure how to use the grenades, liking this so far though.
I never thought a remake could happen, same goes for third game
>>
File: 1453618059094.jpg (102 KB, 500x395) Image search: [Google]
1453618059094.jpg
102 KB, 500x395
>RPG elements
>>
>>343645216
>unity shit
nothing wrong with unity if you actually know how to build on it.
>>
>>343646513
Yeah, it's a System Shock remake, of course it will have that.

>>343646693
Almost every game I've played on Unity is unoptimized as shit
>>
>>343645216
Did anyone actually enjoy playing the original? I tried but doing anything was awful.
>>
>>343646513
kill yourself
>>
>>343647307
the remaster is actually really good. Plays smooth and has god tier exploration and atmosphere
>>
>>343647307
yes.
It was good for it's time, though admittedly it's a bit painful now.
SS2 is much more accessible
>>
Where do I find the fucking circuit board?
>>
>>343645787
Dont worry mate i did the same thing, glad i know now though.
>>
>>343647349
no u
>>
I bought the Enhanced edition recently, anything I need to know before I start it?
>>
>>343647252
>Yeah, it's a System Shock remake, of course it will have that.
But System Shock didn't have that.
>>
>>343647586
Huh, I never played the remaster.
Seeing that it has mouselook, makes me want to replay it.
>>
>>343647586
Doesn't SS have respawning enemies? That's outright bullshit in any game except probably EYE.
>>
>>343648084
Did it not?
what about the hacking stuff?

>>343648209
well at least I recall the whole elevator ambush didn't respawn, maybe some did though.
>>
>>343648549
Hacking in System Shock is like a first person flight combat thing. It had no skills or classes or any kind of typical RPG progression. The extent of RPG mechanics in SS was an inventory, if you can consider that an RPG mechanic.
>>
>>343648816
I guess so.
Still I see nothing wrong with skills like in SS2
>>
>>343645216
it's more of a proof of concept than a proper demo
I don't like that it's obvious they just wanna turn it into ss2 especially with rpg elements being a stretch goal
>>343648019
edit one line in the controls.cfg to use the original layout and force yourself to play it for at least an hour
write down codes you see
open your map once on each floor and enable all the functions also leave notes
>>
>>343649108
It doesn't strike you as odd that you can't operate a simple handgun until you spend modules on it, but you still can't do the same action of pulling the trigger of a shotgun or assault rifle until you spend even more?
Shit makes no sense, and the original game was a reaction against that kind of thing in other games, so including it here would be a strange choice (it was in SS2 as well).
>>
>>343649995
that skill tree was bullshit, yes, but I don't see why the whole thing should be ruled out due to that.
As it is the combat is very dull and skill bonuses might be a good idea
>>
I can't play it because Unity is the worst engine ever written. I'm single digits on a machine that could run Metal Gear Rising at solid 60.
>>
>The user interface, game mechanics, enemies, and puzzles will be updated to reflect modern aesthetics and sensibilities

>The user interface, game mechanics, enemies, and puzzles will be updated to reflect modern aesthetics and sensibilities

>>
>>343650486
I wouldn't mind giving the player more abilities but SS1 already did that. It was like a Metroid game rather than an RPG. Instead of reaching an arbitrary skill level to unlock new abilities, you found hardware while exploring the ship. You didn't need to level up agility to move incrementally faster, you just explored until you found a pair of rocket rollers skates. Then you could find an upgrade for those that made them work like a jetpack (or maybe that was another piece of hardware).
It worked well as it was, there's no need to tack on some contrived progression system on top of it.
>>
>>343650782
This game at the very least has some heavier lighting and particle effects than MGR. MGR doesn't seem that demanding.

>>343650889
Could be good, could be bad. Just play the original if you want everything in tact. Updating the combat seems pretty sensible, and then you'd have to update the enemies to keep it balanced. Hopefully the devs understand what made SS1 fun and keep it in mind while updating that stuff.

Changing the puzzles seems kinda bullshit though, unless there's some that are universally hated
>>
>>343650889
>>343650889
Constant clicking on UI for the simplest of actions wasn't the part that made these games fun, gramps.
>>
>>343650782
I had lag down to 30fps, nothing that bad

>>343650889
>puzzles
That bodes poorly for it, but the rest are good
>>
>>343650782
PBR global illumination is why it runs so badly
>>343651393
you learn hotkeys for most things also it is what makes it special because you are interacting with things in the world and UI buttons/tabs
>>
>>343651393

HERESY
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.