[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are half the fucking games on Steam 2D indie platformers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
Why are half the fucking games on Steam 2D indie platformers with pixel graphics?
>>
Even a big developer Insomniac is making some pretentious 2d shit to put on Steam.
>>
File: 1464327123860.jpg (36 KB, 334x400) Image search: [Google]
1464327123860.jpg
36 KB, 334x400
>>343640149
Because pixel art is something that's easy to produce at home, and 2D platformers are one of the easiest types of games to produce due to readily available resources that everyone has access to.

What other answer do you even expect?
>>
>>343640149
because pc retards don't care for quality
they want quantity to justify their 800 dollars gpu
>>
>>343640149

That's an interesting way of spelling point and click adventure
>>
>>343643075

>dogs don't like fish because butterflies smell chocolate

Basically makes as much sense as the words you just vomited onto the screen
>>
>>343640708
>What other answer do you even expect?
gee i don't know, some kind of quality control maybe? like any other publisher on this fucking planet
>>
>>343643316
think for a fucking second you retard
look at the kind of games that steam hipsters play

do you think developers would put human effort into good games if they can release any shit and still sell?
>>
>>343643568
still this has nothing to do with high end GPUs, since those are the last thing you'll need for playing pixel shit
>>
>>343643660
Anon, think for a fucking second again you retard

PC gamers play 1 "MUH GRAPHICS" game and 10 indie shit
>>
>>343643940
i'm thinking. this stilll has shitall to do with PCs having high end GPUs in them
>>
>>343644249
As long as they have 1-2 games with good graphics they don't care if they spend the next 5 years playing 8bit pixels
>>
>>343643568

I don't think people buy those games in the quantity you've convinced yourself they do.
>>
>>343643940

Keep making wild assumptions, you're bound to get it right eventually.
>>
>>343644429
you never had a capable PC, didn't you?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.