[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So will this have actually online or they are just lying? Steam
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 5
File: header.jpg (42 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
42 KB, 460x215
So will this have actually online or they are just lying?

Steam says its Singleplayer only, no online modes at all.
>>
>>343636365
literally does anyone care about this shitty overhyped game?? wasn't it announced shortly after the fucking PS4 reveal? this game is going to be shit.
>>
It's getting released on gog without drm so it probably won't have a multiplayer component.
>>
>>343636797

isnt that false advertising then?

they flat out side the game has online and you can meet players just very slim chance
>>
>>343636365
I would rather they make the base game itself good first because literally anything is fun with friends. Them not having the multiplayer excuse to fall back on will make it that much clearer when the game turns out to be yet another boring procedural generation crap.
>>
>>343637534
Didn't they recently say that multiplayer wouldn't be in the game? Coulda sworn it was in one of the interviews in the past 1-3 months.

>>343636797
Don't see why DRM is required for a game to have online play.
>>
File: nms.jpg (339 KB, 1075x1366) Image search: [Google]
nms.jpg
339 KB, 1075x1366
Nope, no multiplayer.

You'll just see some sort of 'first discovered' by tags on planets and I guess you can name flora/fauna and people see that.
>>
>>343637534
>Flat out confirmed

I can't tell if this is trolling or just stupidity at this point.
>>
>>343637534
They're indie devs. They didn't realize you can't blatantly lie, you're only allowed to mislead and stretch the truth.

It was always a complete lie that you could meet other players.
>>
>>343637974

>devs you can meet others players just with very slim since
>ITS NOT CONFIRMED

you are retarded
>>
>>343636365
>No Man's Sky
THEN WHOSE SKY IS IT?!
>>
>>343636365
Look cunt, they never said the game had PLAYABLE online features.
>>
What the fuck do you actually do in this game? Serious question. Everyone jizzed their pants over it at E3 but all I've seen is going to planets, saying "hey look that shit is new" and then getting in your ship and going to another planet.
>>
>>343638089
Womyn's
>>
>>343636365
More like No man's Buy
>>
>>343638136

thats like saying Ubisoft never said you can play with those graphics you seen at E3
>>
>ANOTHER voxel game
Literally why?
>>
>>343638157
You walk around a planet harvesting minerals to upgrade your equipment.

You then fly to another planet which has the next tier of minerals needed to upgrade your equipment.

Repeat ad infinitum.
>>
procedurally generated walking simulator
>>
>>343638308
Not really. They literally, see: LITERALLY said the game didn't have online playability. It has some even lesser form of what Souls does.

Stop commenting on shit you didn't even bother to look up.
>>
>>343636365
It has online like Journey

We've been over this
>>
>>343636365
the "multiplayer" of no mans sky is just pretty much the dark souls soapstone messages system but the "soapstones" are just people naming planets, animals, plants and rocks
it's just streching the defintion of something beyond what it actually is
>>
File: gingernig.png (939 KB, 644x537) Image search: [Google]
gingernig.png
939 KB, 644x537
>>343637970
60 DOLLARS
>>
>>343638776
What was online for Journey? I haven't played it.
>>
The ONLY reason you would play this game is for bro op exploring the galaxy with your bro.

After 3 hours you will have seen every combination of the procedural generated bullshit.

Fucking garbage
>>
>>343639168
You can super infrequently see other players

Think of the ghosts from dark souls

The idea is you will visit a planet and even if a billion people happen to be there you might see 1 actual person off in the distance for a few seconds
>>
Remind me again why people are giving the devs shit for supposedly lying about multiplayer when it's always been very clear that it would be a very small part of the game if it was really in?
>>
>>343640067
Because shitting on games is more fun than playing games for most /v/ users
>>
>>343636365
Single player.

All the talk of 'oh shit the universe is so big you'll *probably* never run into another player' was horseshit PR talk. You aren't on a server together, you will never see or interact with anyone else, it is single player with planets named by other players if they get there first.
>>
The game does have multiplayer it's just that the chances of seeing anyone are so slim it might as well not be there. I imagine that's why it's all marked as single player. They're not going to give it the multiplayer mark when in reality it's not going to happen for most people. But yes if you do enter the same system as someone else you'll be put into the same "instance" as them and you can encounter them. Not to mention if you find a type of creature or a planet that someone else has discovered you'll be able to see their name and what they named their discovery, so it has that as well if you want to consider that as a multiplayer feature.

tl;dr: technically it has multiplayer but most people will be able to use it so it's marked as singleplayer.
>>
>>343638157
It's a sight-seeing game. Hello Games should be applauded for creating a new genre.
>>
>>343638087
>Dev sputters out some spaghetti and shit that the universe is big
>Never answers the question
>Steam and GOG directly say single player

HUH I WONDER WHICH IS FUCKING TRUE
>>
>>343640067
First because/v/ will use any chance they get to shitpost and exploit it.

Second because in order to know most there is to know about the game you need to watch about an hour of interviews since they talk very little of game mechanics in their presentations and previews. So someone who has only seen their E3 demo has no idea what's in the game other than a ship and colorful planets.
>>
>>343636365
They've said that the multiplayer aspect will be seeing objects that other players have seen and named. Not direct interaction.
>>
File: 1467557816022.jpg (40 KB, 418x467) Image search: [Google]
1467557816022.jpg
40 KB, 418x467
repostan spaghetti

>if I travel to a planet on my game and at the same time, my friend goes to the same planet on his game, would we be able to play together?
>yeah, so, ahh, multiplayer for the game, actually ehh we've always said, is kinda, not really eh a big focus...

>so you are saying that if my friend travels to the same place I am at, we could play together for a while?
>n-no...

https://youtu.be/1ORFgfhj_hM?t=2m37s
>>
>>343641414
>Yeah so, ehhh multiplayer is not a focus ehhh, mmos and deathmatch games are out there, ehh, people are rare, ehhh
>>
>>343641302
Ok then, mr. totally-not-a-marketer, what is there to know about the game that we are all totally not getting at all?
>>
>>343641414
If you actually watch the video you posted he says that being at the same time/place as another player is incredibly rare. So that pretty much confirms what many of us are saying, it's there but it's not going to happen for most people.

https://youtu.be/1ORFgfhj_hM?t=3m19s
>>
File: 1467257579781.jpg (24 KB, 481x270) Image search: [Google]
1467257579781.jpg
24 KB, 481x270
I'd say the game is looking like total shit, but no one has seen fucking anything of it.

No substantial gameplay presentations. MGS V got a few fucking hours of gameplay feature presentations.

How could anyone be hyped for this? Nothing of value has been shown.
>>
>>343641863
>If you actually watch the video
We all fucking did and we could all clearly hear how much dancing he was doing around the subject and how much effort he was putting into never actually giving an answer to the interviewer's goddam question. He also seems to have the word "multiplayer" confused with the word "deathmatch".
>>
>>343641863
>Another player being in the same space at the same time is incredibly rare

Nowhere does he say you can directly interact with people. He says it is rare to be on the same planet. Fucking christ you are stupid. I don't think I've ever seen such desperation to jump through hoops as I have seen with the faggots defending this game.
>>
>>343641754
Considering how guys on /v/ still spam "b-buit what do you do" in nms thread whenever there's one, not much.

Tbh I heard some pretty crazy things against the game, like how the devs are assholes for not making yet another space MMO doomed to fail and that procedural generation is shit because Spore was made 8 years ago and it totally sucked. I think most of the people shitting on the game like you are just shitposter at this point, you just caved in to /v/'s hivemind.
>>
>>343642190
>Nowhere does he say you can directly interact with people
Nowhere does he say you can't directly interact with people.
>>
>>343642190
You must not play Elite: Dangerous. The forumdads there are something else.
>>
>>343642051
>See this post
>Wonder if this is true, if a game due to come out this summer has no gameplay shown
>Go on youtube
>Type "no man sky gameplay" because I'm an unimaginative man
>First video is this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-uMFHoF8VA

I guess it doesn't qualify as "substantial" then, how?
>>
>>343636365
You can see other players you just have to find them first. Everyone starts in a different place.
>>
>>343642215
Yes, Spore is the sole evidence we have that procedural generation is shit and clearly any negative views towards this game are all just the shitposting /v/ hivemind because /v/ is single person.
>>
>>343642362
I do play ED, well I used to. I stopped because there's nothing to do. I know the forum dads very well, but they're not delusional to the point of literally making up bullshit about features existing because the developers didn't deny that they don't exist. They're just shitty people that are inhibiting the development of the game.

>>343642336
Kek, sure thing buddy. Have fun spending the next 100 years trying to find somebody in your "massive" universe.
>>
>>343642190
People expecting this game on the whole don't really give a fuck about the multiplayer element of it, since Star Citizen more or less promises to be a MMO way more ambitious than NMS in regard of multiplayer.

It's just you and a couple fags in this thread acting like they lied about a major aspect of the game, which is retarded.
>>
>>343642591
>Spore is the sole evidence we have that procedural generation is shit
Well yeah, since it's the only exemple people ever give when talking about how procedural generation is shit.
>>
>Will your friends show up on the map?
>Yeah, but they will be a long way away.

> What we can do is, like many games that you have at the moment, where you are flying around with an open lobby. People are coming into that lobby and leaving it – like if you play Watch Dogs or something like that. Effectively, we have players joining your discrete space.

>How many people could be there theoretically?
>The lobby that you carry around with you now can, it's almost like I don't wanna say because people will just test it, it can carry a few people.

>If another human player flies past you, will their username pop up or will you not even know that it was another player?
>At the moment it doesn't, and I would like to keep it that way.

>Even if players can’t run into each other on purpose essentially, can they communicate across the galaxy?
>We are going to have a way for players to communicate with each other.

Full interview here: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2014/12/10/stop-thinking-of-no-man-s-sky-as-a-multiplayer-game.aspx

So it does have multiplayer, it's possible. But it's not likely to happen.
>>
>>343637534
meeting other players was a lie, there is prolly some scoreboard where you can check who discovered what if you are online. But i think this game will be huge flop. You will probably be able to finish this game in few hours as well. And flying and discovering new "species" is boring and not fun. Might as well play Kerbals and actually built interesting spaceships and shit.
>>
>>343642704
>don't really give a fuck about the multiplayer

Kek, look at that video that anon linked you retard. Half the comments are

>Why can't I explore with my friend?
>>
>>343642818
That's from 2014. Back then they obviously planned to code multiplayer into the game.

Go look at interviews from 2016.
>>
>>343642657
>literally making up bullshit about features existing because the developers didn't deny that they don't exist.
Must suck to type this up three posts above this: >>343642818
>>
>>343642970
Must suck to type this one post below >>343642959
>>
>>343642818
>2014

Honestly judging by how secretive they've been about it, there's chances that what was told in the interviews changed as development progressed. Although I don't really see anything in what was said that sound technically out of reach for an indie team. Maybe they're just trying to go full damage control because they're afraid people will think of the game as a MMO and it comes off as >>343641414 pointed out where it's like "yeah but no but kinda but not really".

Doubt any of my buddy are really interested in the game so I don't care, would be nice if it was true though.
>>
>>343642949
>Youtube comments

I meant people interested enough to plan to buy or even preorder the game.
>>
>>343641146

>>Dev sputters out some spaghetti and shit that the universe is big

You are one of the most autistic, fuck face, moon crickets I have ever had the sad misfortune of meeting on the internet.

the DEVELOPER of the game literally said "Yes you can meet people in the game but our universe is so huge it is a very very slim chance"

So the DEVELOPER says you can....sorry if people want to believe them over steam and GOG
>>
>>343642959
They haven't really talked about multiplayer though. They keep saying basically, "it's possible but it's not going to happen for most people." They're setting expectations. Post an interview from 2016 where they said it's no longer possible.

>>343643187
>"yeah but no but kinda but not really".
That's pretty much what they've said the entire time though.
>>
>>343643282
>That goalpost moving

The desperation is delicious. Keep posting. I am enjoying myself.

>>343643373
No he didn't. He immediately says no, you can't do that.
>>
>>343643409
>That's pretty much what they've said the entire time though.
Assuming that's true, and it isn't, as >>343642818 shows that in 2014 they had a vision of mp way more clear, I dont really give a fuck because they still clearly said that multiplayer wasn't a central element of gameplay.
>>
For one there's no multiplayer in the sense that you can interact with other players, like a bunch of people here have said already it sounds like it works like Journey or Dark Souls white ghosts. People thinking otherwise just haven't paid enough attention to the game and haven't seen the interviews like I said.

The game has a point beyond just exploring, you have to upgrade your ship to reach the center of the universe. This is why you mine resources, they are needed for upgrade. I'm pretty sure you can also upgrade your weapon and spacesuit to be more effective and to withstand harsher environments.

As you get closer to the center of the universe the creatures you encounter start becoming weirder and more alien. And sentient aliens actually give you quests if you can learn their language. They may reward you with more advanced technology to help in your journey.

In space you can encounter trader vessels which can be attacked, either by you or pirate NPCs and you can choose a side in the battle, fucking up with traders and life forms can also make the space gestapo to go after you.

I'm not a marketer I'm just genuinely interested in the game and have made the effort to watch every interview out there.
>>
>no multiplayer
Dead on arrival.
>>
>>343638157
Nothing, same with The Last Guardian.
Video games are a joke.
>>
>>343643373
The only time they mentioned multiplayer was early on. Since then they've backtracked and basically said it's like Spore. No direct interaction. Maybe you see people affecting the universe.
>>
>>343647340
>Every game needs multiplayer

Fuck this board, fucking casuals
>>
>>343647830
You can see planets and animals people named. That's literally it.
>>
>>343648121
At one point they mentioned seeing like crashed ships. Have they backtracked from that or was that just an example people made up but have since found out isn't even int he game?
>>
>>343648363
I've never read anything about that so I have no idea.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.