[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will From be able to top these 2?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 14
File: itsokwhenmiyazakidoesit.jpg (156 KB, 637x700) Image search: [Google]
itsokwhenmiyazakidoesit.jpg
156 KB, 637x700
Will From be able to top these 2?
>>
They already did with Sullyvan.
>>
>>343631190
I really didn't think Soul of Cinder was that good of a fight

Twin Princes was better
>>
>>343631190

There are no bosses in Dark Souls 3 that is better than Ludwig.
>>
File: dark-souls-artorias.jpg (302 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
dark-souls-artorias.jpg
302 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>343631478
He has a godly moveset diversity and thematically he's as great as Gehrman.
>>
>>343631478
I love his moveset tbqh famalam
>>
>>343631440
Lol, Sullivan was easy as fuck, it had a nice gimmick but still. Basically a double battle where the other opponent copies the other's exact sae moveset at the same time but has a major input lag. Also there was next to no presentation into that battle.
>>
File: cutest trap of all time.webm (610 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
cutest trap of all time.webm
610 KB, 640x640
I just hope they don't do any more impossible bosses like High Lord Wolnir
>>
>>343632062
Are make-ups the greatest thing human has ever invented?
>>
>>343632062
>Implying the hardest boss of Dark Souls 3 isn't the Cursed Greatwood
>>
File: 1438571144152.png (657 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1438571144152.png
657 KB, 1280x720
>>343631440
>every attack is a 7 hits long combo man
>good
>>
File: 1467431272243.jpg (459 KB, 718x709) Image search: [Google]
1467431272243.jpg
459 KB, 718x709
>when the piano starts
>>
I would say Twin Princes was the best boss in Dark Souls 3, topping SoC in both mechanics and presentation.
>>
>>343631190

>Soul of Cinder?
Really? I wouldn't even say he't the best boss in DaSIII.

Best bosses in the series are:
>Gehrman
>Ludwig
>King Allant
>>
>>343631776
Dark Souls 1 can easily be plowed through Post-Anor Londo by just wearing the Havel armor set and using an Ultra Greatsword.

>Game tries to be all epic and shit with Artorias' fight
>I'm just tanking every single one of his hits no problem and chunking a good 6th of his health ever hit.

Dark Souls 1 may have been atmospheric but holy fuck was poise and armor broken as shit.
>>
>>343632412
Artorias is a great fight if you don't cheese him.
That's like calling Biggie Smalls bad because you cheesed them with magic like a casual.
>>
>>343632587
It's not my fault that one of the best looking armors in the game absolutely breaks it.

If it makes you feel any better I've gone back and played every DaS game (besides 3 because holy fucking hell) with a faith build.
>>
File: 1328036157357.png (27 KB, 120x196) Image search: [Google]
1328036157357.png
27 KB, 120x196
Why isn't Champion Gundyr even worth a MENTION from you people? He was the one bossfight from the game that I remember being excellent in gameplay, music, scenery, lore, EVERYTHING. It's just the boss fight that feels like it has the most effort put into it, despite it being a fucking reskin.
>>
File: 1465283771328.jpg (54 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1465283771328.jpg
54 KB, 1280x720
>>343631190
hard to say whether SoC was the best boss of DaS3, but i'd say that he was arguably the most fun boss in the entire game

the hyper-aggression and large moveset also reminded me of arty which is another fun as fuck fight
>>
>>343632412
Artorias is a simple but great fight though.
>Five years after release
>People know how to cheese DkS after several thousand hours of playing
Gee It's like people really like the game or something.
>>
File: 1367523985341.jpg (32 KB, 706x530) Image search: [Google]
1367523985341.jpg
32 KB, 706x530
>Want to play again to fight that fun boss i really like
>Remember there's no Ascetics in the game
>Don't want to play the entire game again just to fight him once
>Game gathers dust
>>
>>343632412
really any boss can be cheesed with the proper preparation, but post anor londo really is a joke.
>>
>>343632986
That's what your white soapstone is for.
>>
File: FIREMAN.jpg (453 KB, 878x472) Image search: [Google]
FIREMAN.jpg
453 KB, 878x472
>>343632758
>Aggressive with big weapon
>Uses kicks and grab attacks
>Easily parriable
They already did that boss famalam
>>
>>343632758
So how does the Untended Graves work? Gundyr made his way to Firelink Shrine to a Firekeeper who wasn't there and a Bell that wouldn't toll. And then he turns around and some dick from nowhere kills him. But we fight him during the tutorial where he made himself a sheath for the Coiled Sword and the Age of Fire is still degrading. So are we in the future? Or the past?
>>
>>343632986
Good changes DaS2 made that FROM removed in 3 for some retarded reason

>Ascetics to respawn bosses
>Able to use a weapons full moveset in the left hand
>Powerstance
>Upgrading shields improved their stats, not just the stability
>Depleting your stamina caused your character to breathe heavily
>You didn't lose your momentum from falling down 2 feet
>Poise wasn't as retarded as in 1 or as useless as in 3
>Fun NPC invaders that didn't act like just another enemy
>Interacting with the environment unlocked secrets, like lighting all the scones in The Gutter
>Other secrets like the pig and pickaxe
>Lockstones and Fragrant Branches manipulated the environment
>Getting wet reduced your characters lightning RES while boosting your fire RES
>NG+ added new enemies and items
>rolling in poison made your poison build up continue even on dry land because you were still covered in it
>rolling in snow/poison/water covered you in it and it slowly disappeared
>You could activate several pools of blood at once, resulting in hilarity
>You could be invaded even while hollow and if the boss was dead, but at a lower chance
>You could burn an effigy to block invaders but you blocked summons as well
>Poison builds were not only viable, they were useful
>You could roll in more directions when locked on
>Hexes were fleshed out
>White phantoms couldn't Estus with an invader in the world
>Small soapstones if you wanted help with the area before a boss, without having to BC to solo the boss
>Drinking Estus in a fight was a gamble thanks to the slow speed
>Twinblades
>Lances
>Fists were viable
>Corrosive urns, so you didn't need pyro to break equipment
>Broken armor and weapons got a broken texture
>Chests could be broken, making hitting them to see if it's a mimic risky
>Trapped chests
>Attacking with no stamina made the swing slow, making stamina management more important

Now see how "BEE TEEM" memers deny that these were good things that should've been included/expanded upon in 3
>>
>>343633185
I swear I've seen this screencap before
>>
>>343633104
And ganking the boss is nowhere near as challenging or fun
>>
>>343632062
god i want to come on her face and slap her around a bit
that pissed me off, fuck cutesy chicks who KNOW they're attractive and cash in on it
>>
I don't know about all the details, not a lorefag or anything, but an explanation I heard is that much like how Souls of Cinder represents people who beat the game, Gundyr represents people still on the journey. Something about him missing a window to link the fire or whatever, so he stands guard as a test.
>>
>>343633329
>>343633182
>>
>>343633185
from unfortunately only had year to make dark souls 3. i think if they took another year or two it would feel like a more complete game
>>
File: image.png (3 KB, 156x166) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3 KB, 156x166
>>343633185
I was disappointed with Dark 2 on the whole when it came out but I'm not refuting there was a lot of good stuff in there, they just needed something more compelling than the Drangleic shenanigans to apply it onto, and Dark 3's end of an age type stuff would have been perfect.

Fuck you for ruining my Sunday
>>
>>343633123
See, I wouldn't know anything about parrying, cuz I'm not a bitch.
>>
>>343633185
Agree with all of this, but would add:
>Transgender coffin
>Softcapped re-specs per NG instead of hard limit of 5
DaS 3 dropped the fucking ball, and 2 is actually more fun to replay than 3
>>
>>343633527
one year*
>>
>>343633539
My only real gripes with DaS2 was that nothing seemed to have anything to do with anything and the world wasn't cohesive. The rest I didn't necessarily have a problem with. I don't do pvp much so SM didn't affect me as much as others though I can see how that'd get annoying
>>
>>343633182
Stop trying to logic it.

The story is purposefully incoherent.
>>
File: image.jpg (160 KB, 600x833) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
160 KB, 600x833
>>343633741
Yeah I'm a huge PvEfag and what bothered me most was that the world seemed really modular.
Clearly all the areas were developed independently of each other, but what I imagine Miyazaki doing on the other games is being that guy at a higher level in the process, fitting everything together from an experience point of view rather than pure gameplay, and it's what made Demon's/Dark/BB work so brilliantly for me
>>
>>343633185
>Corrosive urns, so you didn't need pyro to break equipment
You can't even break stuff with Pyro in DaS3.
Everything just has way too much durability to ever break when playing normally and AFAIK acid surge can only reduce durability on most items down to half when using ALL your manaflasks.

I miss rolls costing stamina.
That was pretty great.
Sure they can't do it now because shields are basically useless and too many enemies attack too many times in a row with fast attacks that potentially even have hyperarmor and great movement to manage without the insane amount of rolls you get.

I miss your bloodstain just appearing where you started the invasion.

I can't believe they actually kept Giant's seeds in the game when the invader is so fucked anyway and undead rapport exists.

I also can't believe that DaS1 is the only game in the series with tailcutting.
I died to Oceiros my first time because the only thoughts going through my head were:
>This guy uses magic crystals
>He has a tail
>He has several attacks where the best spot to attack him is his tail like his crystal mist
>This game has frequently made reference to tailcutting
>I'm going to cut his fucking tail and get my MLGS

But no.
It was not to be.
I wasted my Estus and that pushover with his glitchy ass attacks killed me and then I got the MLGS from his boss soul.
>>
>>343634095
>DaS1 is the only game in the series with tailcutting.
That is rather strange. It was pretty important in DaS1 too, then to go from that to literally not even any conditional drops?
Well, at least 2 had the extra boss soul drops in NG+, so that was fun
>>
>>343634994
Apparently it was an unpopular thing for some reason. Miyazaki said in an interview before III that the game wouldn't have it because of all the complaints they received about it.
>>
What's the most faceroll pve build in DaS3? I want to get the platinum trophy but i'm a shit player so i'll need a good build.
>>
>>343635512

Be a knight, get a dark sword, r1 faceroll everything
>>
>>343633309
read the file name anon....
>>
>>343635635
Didn't it get nerfed in the latest build?
>>
>>343635701

oh fug idk I haven't played in a quite a bit
>>
>>343631496
*There are no bosses better than Ludwig
>>
>>343631190
>>343632797
Champion Gundyr, Lord of Cinder, Twin Princes and Abyss Watchers were all top-tier fights.

>>343635701
Dark Sword is still OP for the sheer amount of damage it does and little stamina it drains.
>>
>>343635423
That's really weird.
It added this whole new layer of approach to the bossfights if you wanted those weapons since fights could be tuned to be harder than normal if you wanted to cut that tail since you were always going to have to be located in a very specific spot, often at a very precarious time.

Probably valve playtester's fault.
Couldn't handle the sanctuary guardian's bullshit raised tail.
>>
>>343634095
>I miss rolls costing stamina.
>That was pretty great.

Wait wait wait, hold up. I've just plowed through Demons Souls, Dark Souls, and Dark Souls 2 100%.

Did they make rolls cost no stamina in DkS3?
>>
>>343636087
Yeah, I was baffled when I read it.
>>
>>343636182
It costs fuckall stamina
>>
>>343636182
The combat is faster paced than in the previous games so rolling takes up barely any stamina.
>>
>>343636361
>>343636610
Jesus, really? That sounds like it's gonna make the game a lot easier. My personal policy going through the past 3 games has been "no shields, dodging only" so once I get used to i-frames I almost never get hit. If I can roll all willy-nilly like that then something tells me DkS3 will be the easiest one of the bunch.

Is there anything like Covenant of the Champions to keep it reasonable? I really enjoyed that in DkS2.
>>
>>343636205
Got a link?

>>343636182
You can roll somewhere around or in excess of 11 times before running out of stamina if you do it back to back.
I'd have to check back on DaS2 and DaS3 to see just how much of a difference but DaS3 is definitely tuned towards just rolling through everything as opposed to all other methods of damage avoidance or reduction.
You can parry too but the game expects you to roll consecutive attacks and it's the more risk free option with no significantly lost reward.
And the missed parry almost puts you more at risk than just taking the hit because it consumes pretty much your whole stamina bar.

By contrast to rolls the efficacy of backsteps is basically nil now.
>>
>>343635701
Its still a good weapon, but people are gravitating towards the Astora GS, that weapon is amazing.

Also there is one thing i dont understand, why does it takes forever to be summoned as a darkmoon/blue sentinel and even Farron Watchdog, but when i equip the Aldrich covenant i cant even move without being summoned as an invader?
>>
File: 1466897772250.png (439 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
1466897772250.png
439 KB, 750x500
>>343632675
>Havel' armor
>good looking
>at all
>>
>>343636974
Fuck off Guts at least Havel did had a raped til retardation waifu
>>
File: 1457432213303.jpg (93 KB, 585x675) Image search: [Google]
1457432213303.jpg
93 KB, 585x675
>>343632005
>hard=good
when will this meme end
>>
>>343636808
Good thing I suck at parrying then. I don't know how I can dodge perfectly but blow at parrying since its a similar thing with a tighter window (press button just as enemy is about to hit you), but I just can't do it very well.
>>
>>343635679
I'm not falling for your >she memeing, faggot.
>>
>>343632005
>Also there was next to no presentation into that battle.
why the shit would that matter?
a good boss battle is fun.
a lame cinematic is not fun
>>
They're boring as fuck. Hyper aggressive bosses are easy to deal with. I'd rather have a boss with an interesting gimmick instead of a boss that charges you like almost every other enemy
>>
>>343634095
>Sure they can't do it now because shields are basically useless and too many enemies attack too many times in a row with fast attacks that potentially even have hyperarmor and great movement to manage without the insane amount of rolls you get.
Awww. I wanted to get into DaS series for some board and boarding.
>>
well theres two dlc's on the line, one of them is bound to have Gertrude as a boss who might be god tier.

i would say sully is my favorite though, shame hes got such low hp and can be parried, buffing his hp and removing the ability to parry him would make him much better.
>>
>>343638382
>shame hes got such low hp
I feel like almost every boss didn't have enough HP.
>>
>>343633185
The lore is better in DaS2 as well
>>
>>343632587
Dumbest post yet. Every Diablo 3 boss is a great fight if you don't cheese them.
>>
>>343631190
As much as I loved the Soul of Cinder fight, he was kinda too easy. Nameless King was miles harder than SoC.

Soul of Cinder wins by having the best (and most) moves and diversity. When we get a SOTFS-like edition, I hope they amp up his difficulty. If he can be as hyper aggressive like Flamelurker or Manus, he would easily be one of the hardest bosses in the Soulsborne universe.
>>
>>343638585
aside from yhorm and the wyvern, i agree. even nameless king has pitiful hp. doesnt help that ng+ scaling is extremely low, at ng+7 pontiff has around 11k hp, compared to someone like ebrietas in bb, who has 12k in BASE ng.
>>
>>343638382
>Gertrude is a mob boss that reuses several enemies found throughout the game
>It's an egg of the new world world knockoff that uses all the Mozguz disciples knockoffs in the game
>>
>>343632062
wat

I beat High Lord Wolnir on my first try. Is this bait?
>>
>>343631896
>>343631937

What boss did you guys fight? The music sucked ass and his moveset was ridiculously simple
>>
>>343639357
>Every Diablo 3 boss is a great fight if you don't cheese them.
Oh good. The casuals are back.
>>
>>343631478
I agree. I would rank them as:

>Twin Princes (also best music) > Champion Gundyr > Soul of Cinder
>>
File: nmh.gif (503 KB, 398x398) Image search: [Google]
nmh.gif
503 KB, 398x398
>>343631190
>the kiln of the first flame isn't even a kiln anymore it's just a big wasteland with a bunch of swords for edge and grimderp factor because so dark fantasy
>Ludwig is just a mess of corpse and limbs and people didn't actually care about him just the MLG, and people say he "regains sanity" when all he does is just start attacking you with a sword he only regains sanity after the fight.
Gee wizz I wonder how something like No More Heroes can make a fight in a parking lot seem like the greatest thing ever but for you guys even though it has 9 years worth of tech behind it you still get defensive and insecure about how horribly boring the bossfights can get in these games.
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.