[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I still don't know why they went with World War 1. It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5
File: fattlebield 3.50.jpg (56 KB, 620x360) Image search: [Google]
fattlebield 3.50.jpg
56 KB, 620x360
I still don't know why they went with World War 1.
It's just too boring, the most interesting part of the war and doable for an action driven fps is the Trench war and that's not that interesting itself.
Also the WW1 look it's just a coat of paint, it's the same gameplay, the same kind of guns, now instead of having an m16 you have a lewis gun (which according to dice it's an assault rifle now). they could have gone another road by adjusting the game to the era rather than adjusting their own gameplay to fit the era, it's a shame that they are literally sitting in a goldmine by having the chance to switch the era first than other companies but fucking it up by this "switch" being just aesthetic instead of changing the pace and such things of the game, more accordingly to a world war 1 game.
Mark my words, it will be the same battlefield as always, as cod aw is the same cod as always (the only difference being that cod doesn't do a half assed atempt at changing the era) and people will still go screaming around things like "battlefield 1 is exponentially better than cod because it's different!" and shit.
>>
>>343621938
Yes, we determined this a while ago. You're very clever though anon.
>>
k
>>
If you've seen any footage, it looks like the same shitty battlefield games that dice has shit out since after 2142 but with a different skin.

It's not like you'll get a good modern battlefront or battlefield ever again anyway.
>>
File: mrlDAqg0.png (348 KB, 401x401) Image search: [Google]
mrlDAqg0.png
348 KB, 401x401
>>343622035
sorry, I didn't knew.
I just didn't gave a damn then, but I watched the gameplays a few minutes ago and oh boy it looks like shit.
still since there are none now Battlefield 1 thread.
hopes, expectations, fears, you can post them all down here.
>>
>>343622308
This. I hate that people argue it's better than CoD when these days it's genuinely worse, as bad as CoD is.
>>
File: 1443420344820.jpg (129 KB, 1345x753) Image search: [Google]
1443420344820.jpg
129 KB, 1345x753
Concept art is likely going to be the best thing to come from this game.
>>
File: 1462769494295.jpg (378 KB, 681x900) Image search: [Google]
1462769494295.jpg
378 KB, 681x900
>>343622435
The open maps of conquest mode make it still better then cod and the squad systems.
>>
WE
>>
>>343623324
Conquest become terrible ever since Bad Company map design philosophy started.
Now its a headless chicken run to hug points.
>>
File: serbed.jpg (14 KB, 243x207) Image search: [Google]
serbed.jpg
14 KB, 243x207
Shit game. Historically inaccurate. Tries to make one of the worst points in history into feeling badass. WE WUZ SOLJAS. No French or Russians. Bolt action rifles are rare and everyone has automatics. America has main stage. Dev is a cuck. I could go on.
third times the charm
>>
>>343621938
WW1 was interesting outside of the shitty trench warfare in France. Most of today's conflicts in the Middle East were shaped by the events in that theatre, and you could easily do a game or two based on TE Lawrence's adventures. I'm sorta surprised that they didn't do that, since they could have been lazy and reused a lot of desert assets.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.