[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your favourite game community? Which one do you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9
File: maxresdefault.jpg (110 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
110 KB, 1280x720
What's your favourite game community?

Which one do you feel most at home with?
>>
/v/
>>
File: 1464641904659.png (750 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1464641904659.png
750 KB, 1920x1080
>>
The offline community
>>
slash vee slash
>>
/egg/
>>
I can't tell you because more people will join it and it will become cancer
>>
none, they're all shit
>>
Definitely not this shithole
>>
Probably tf2 as I've spent the most time with it.
>>
Online games would be better if they require a check of the actual age of the player, not just a "are you 18? [YES] or [NO]"
>>
Red Orchestra 1.

Squad leaders on mics. People following orders. Tactical movements from squads. Pincer attacks on occupied high rises.
>>
>>343619965
I find the more people shit on an MMORPG the better the non-guild/randoms community

>World of Warcraft = garbage
>Star Wars The Old Republic = alright
>Rift = Not half bad
>Elder Scrolls Online =great

The majority of Overwatch PC has been surprisingly calm, cool, and helpful; even in competitive. At least in my experience.
>>
>>343620152
also filter out people who watch anime
>>
>>343618727
None. I like dota's community when they're snarky and fun to play with but that's like 10% of all games. Beyond that, niche genres tend to be somewhat enjoyable, things like Dorf, RTSes, Flight sims and Grand strategy
>>
File: tumblr_n8h89cJgnD1tzixowo1_500.gif (95 KB, 500x384) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n8h89cJgnD1tzixowo1_500.gif
95 KB, 500x384
none.

>tfw dont' feel like fit in anywhere.

too bad I'm not autistic enough to want to invest 5000000 hours into a game.
>>
>>343620246
Oh god so many great memories and battles. I've had nights and servers like that only a couple times in Red Orchestra 2 but it's rare to see there, especially if you're not in a hardcore mode server (Though there's literally no reason to play non-hardcore)
>>
>>343620152
I'm 25. I don't want to play with teenagers. Proper age brackets would be nice. Select you own even, so I could opt for 18-25, 21-40 etc. on a slider.
>>
>>343620391
>21-40
and why do you think people older than you would want to play with your cancerous ass?
>>
>>343620441
To try and pick up that frat boy dick
>>
File: PSO.jpg (137 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
PSO.jpg
137 KB, 1280x960
>>343618727
Phantasy Star Online
>>
>>343620101
Best casual community imo
>>
File: 1443785108186.jpg (22 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1443785108186.jpg
22 KB, 640x480
>>343618727
The old school gaming community. I admit a lot of them certainly get autistic when it comes to CRT nonsense, but that's about as bad as it gets. I can think of much worse from other communities.
>>
>>343620441
They don't have to. That's the point. I just don't want to play with meme spouting degenerates like you.
>>
>>343620526
Hahahaha that's a good one anon
It's funny because there isn't one
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_101115_074034.jpg (459 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_101115_074034.jpg
459 KB, 1920x1080
Even though I'll never play the game again my favorite community is Wyrmrest Accord's on World of Warcraft.

Wyrmrest Accord is a bit of a bizarro world in WoW because when you kill someone in Stormwind they'll log onto an alt to apologize for bleeding on you.
>>
/v/ and r/Games
>>
Chivalry. Nothing like receiving that nod of acknowledgement from players that know you, and are good. That proceed to start raping your teammates while you rape theirs because you know a fight between each other will go for 15 minutes.
>>
Quake Live and /v/
>>
>>343621497
The chaos of old Age of Chivalry mod with source engine physics was amazing. Chivalry standalone has a majority cool community but I'll always have a huge nostalgia spot for those old Age of Chivalry mass sieges and man-at-arms rushes with a few brave foreigners leading the charges in broken English over the voice chat
>>
>>343621861
Those were the golden years though. Source modding was the epitome of fun. Now it's just autism.
>>
Arcades and LAN parties when they were a thing.
>>
TF2 surf community circa 2010

Fuck those were good days man, I miss the server I used to play on.
>>
runescape and old /a/
>>
TF2 2007-2010
>>
>>343618727
I used to post on a couple of Dark Forces 2 modding forums. I suppose because they were the first communities I discovered on the internet they became home for me. I felt at home with them even though I didn't make many friends there, although I still creep the facebook's of a couple of really great guys I met on the farm. And I still miss a lot of people I lost contact with and often wonder what they're up to with life. That's what happens when you let your hotmail die and lose all your msn messenger contacts. I even remember that girl I used to cyber with on ICQ when I was like 15 or whatever. Those were the fucking days, man.

I slowly stopped visiting the forums because eventually it got to a point where most of the people posting there were new people and they all seemed to have a clique going on that I just didn't understand. And after that I eventually stopped opening up mIRC every day to lurk chatrooms filled with people I didn't know, talking about things I didn't understand or care about.

And once you've spent ten years experiencing 4chan it's almost impossible to join a 'normal' online community. One of those modding forums I used to visit used wordfilters that at one point extended to cover words like damn. You can't go back to that kind of thing after spending years in a place where casually calling someone a cock garbling faggot is just every-day vernacular.
>>
>>343618727
high ranking CS:GO games were decent, not great but decent. Before the rank slide I was about to be global and everyone for the most part was chill and/or goofy. I remember smurfing nova just to play with my friend, holy shit what a fucking nightmare. It was like a distilled audible underaged shitpost.
>>
File: gunsLogo.png (203 KB, 467x181) Image search: [Google]
gunsLogo.png
203 KB, 467x181
>>343618727
Not playing it often atm, but I know will get back into it eventually like many times before.
And I will be welcomed back by the chillest, comfiest community ever.
And yes, I acknowledge that this is also due to the game being on life support, but ~200 players are more than enough for me, if they are all real bros and not the human garbage you finde elsewhere,
>>
>>343618727
eithermonster hunter or animal crossing without all the furshit
>>
Some German CS:S community that had a lot of different servers for each game mode like deathrun, minigames and all that shit. Every time I came from school me and my friends would instantly turn on our PCs and play on those servers till it's night. Normally I hated CS:S since I was a 1.6 fag but I loved those non-competitive game modes. After some months they shutdown the servers though. ;_;
>>
Fighting game community > everything else
>>
File: 1455215751106.jpg (290 KB, 640x644) Image search: [Google]
1455215751106.jpg
290 KB, 640x644
>>343618727
The Earthbound community has always been a safe haven for me,
especially Starmen.net and the like.

Mother threads on /v/ without shotaposting are one of the best threads and are max comfy

Shoutouts to the mother fanbase, soon we will get our threads back when Undertale shitposting is completely gone
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.