[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone here have a health condition or disability that affects
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 10
File: adaptive-gaming-800.jpg (81 KB, 800x519) Image search: [Google]
adaptive-gaming-800.jpg
81 KB, 800x519
Does anyone here have a health condition or disability that affects their ability to play games?

I have Autism and have been kicked out of numerous guilds in Warcraft. I find it difficult to play any games that are heavily reliant on communication. I tend to play single player games now like Pillars of Eternity
>>
>>343617858
Plenty of Autism
>>
>>343617858
You don'y have autism anon.

You're just shit.
>>
File: 1393926968479.jpg (71 KB, 522x648) Image search: [Google]
1393926968479.jpg
71 KB, 522x648
Yeah, I have depression.
>>
>>343617858
That nigga looks like Kano
>>
File: HAW.jpg (34 KB, 348x308) Image search: [Google]
HAW.jpg
34 KB, 348x308
>>343617858
laughed so hard i almost woke my roommates tbch
>>
Diagnosed Autist here, I've played WoW until cata and have been banned 6 times because I would never ever talk or join a group/guild, go on DND right after logging in and ALT+F4 everytime a GM started a chat because of the anxiety.

I've heard WoW turned much more into a single player game and I think I would be more interested in that but I don't have the time to play anymore.
>>
Not a huge problem but in certain situations my colorblindness affects my performance. Mostly puzzle and certain squad based shooters that fuck with my perceptions of color.
>>
File: 1463890103260.gif (2 MB, 250x141) Image search: [Google]
1463890103260.gif
2 MB, 250x141
I'm a girl
>>
>>343620996
Make bucks out of stupid virgins, it's retardedly easy.
>>
File: 1427260534132.jpg (106 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
1427260534132.jpg
106 KB, 600x900
>>343617858
>dat kid wavedashing in the back
>>
>>343620996
>be a girl
>get showered with attention
>get whatever you want from lonely dumbasses
how is this a problem
>>
>>343617858
i have bursitis in my right shoulder and it forces me to use the mouse left handed

already had it operated on once, but all they said was the tendon looked fine, not even sure if they did a busectomy or not. that was 3 years ago and its worse now:

>cant swipe phone
>handwrite/draw
>run
>getting to sleep is hard

fucking games with orbit cameras bound to right click drag. I wrecked whatever controls that in the shoulder.
>>
>>343617858
I'm pretty sure 90% of this board including myself is on the spectrum.
>>
Mild CP, mentioned it a few times in these type of threads

The right side of my body is weaker and slower than average and my right hand can't hold most things as easily as the left.
When I'm playing something that requires QTEs I need to remove both of my hands from the controller, lay it down and quickly click on the buttons with my left hand. Playing with a wiimote + nunchuck is nearly tourture (my right hand will have huge red marks and pains when I'm done playing because I can't hold them correctly).
>>
Chronic fatigue and joint pains.

I used to be big into handheld gaming but my elbows made it so i can only play very small amounts on handhelds.

Controllers don't give me this problem.
>>
>>343617858
>That stick
What in the fuck?
>>
>>343618056
You're not alone anon
>Sleep at 4am
>Wake up at mid-day
>No friends, anxious about going out of the house, on disability allowance
>Put on 150lbs due to lack of exercise and eating garbage
>Vidya takes my mind off things but even now I can't play for more than a couple of hours
>A few years ago I was popular and with gf

At least I haven't had a stroke
>>
>>343622507
>Tim Curry

That picture makes me really sad
>>
Chronic Migraines.
I have no idea when I will wake up with one. No amount of medicine will get rid of it and all I can do is lay down and cry.
It is the most amount of pain I've ever felt and my appendix burst a few years back
>>
>>343623646
I hate it when I'm working with people and they say "I've got a really bad migraine today" and carry on working

I've had 4 migraines in my life and they always started with the zig zag aura. After that I'd get knocked the fuck out, I'd have to lock myself in a dark room under my sheets with a bucket to throw up into. The pain is absolutely ridiculous and you can't function for at least a day.

Fortunately I havent had one for a few years, but I really do sympathise bro
>>
>>343622507
>eating garbage
why you do dis though? Now you've given yourseld a physical disablility on top of everything
>>
>>343623191
I believe he's recovering
>>
Disabled in a wheelchair due to spinal/hip issues. Can stand/stumble but not without pain and effort.

And I Love it.
Because of the rairity of my condition i got to stay in GOSH after 18+ and spending weeks in sensory rooms playing vidya is fucking a+
My wheelchair is comfy af with Cupholder and tray for max laziness.

Don't own a console above a ps2 though because it's pretty difficult to change disks and such. I don't feel like putting tables around my telly for loads of console.
>>
File: spy is not one of ours.webm (1 MB, 568x426) Image search: [Google]
spy is not one of ours.webm
1 MB, 568x426
this thread is hella depressing
now my arm doesnt seem so bad
>>
>>343622507
>Have all that, and actual diseases that will kill me in 20 years
>I get no government help

T-thanks.
>>
>>343625093
Well if you're disabled and in a wheelchair you deserve to be comfortable.
>>
I'm getting into shape lately and dropped 17 pounds. Now I'm a 140 pound 5'9" manlet, but it feels great to be in shape so I can play vidya for hours on end.
>>
>>343617858
Lost my peripheral vision in my right eye. I can still play games except I suck at Guitar Hero and other rythm games.
>>
>>343625317
Out of curiosity, how did it happen? My dad has the same problem, when I come up to him from his right he regularly gets startled because he doesn't notice me immediately.
>>
>>343625127
>150 lbs overweight

He'll be good as dead in ten years
>>
>>343625127
My parents sent me to England for a reason.

Also
>Legally classed a terminallly ill
Talk to charities. Even if they are in the country next door. Worth doing the paperwork / emails.

>>343625216
Sadly lots of wheelchairs are utter shit. First thing I did when i got my first paycheck was upgrade my wheels. There's rich kids who automatic ones with plugs, radio and shit. I'm jelly of them.
>>
ONTOPIC: HF Autism, OCD and either Dysthymia or Cyclothymia, shrinks can't pinpoint it.

I'm basically the guy who does other people's builds (back when I used to play mmos). Otherwise my performance is unstable as fuck cause my mindstate greatly affects my energy. I've won actual tourneys (with prizes) and yet on a bad day can be the worse shitter you've ever seen. Otherwise nothing noticeable, I tend to be at worst slightly above average at about anything I play regardless of the situation, unless drunk.

>>343623646

I envy you having had those only 4 times in your life.

>>343624085

I've had an appendix rupture and also suffer from migraines. There's much worse pain to be felt, try pleurisy aka it only hurts when i breath or orchitis aka i feel like im being constantly kicked in the balls for weeks.
i get summer migraines, whenever the heat is over 25 degrees or so my head hurts and I cant focus on work or else. Usually helps to be in a dark room with a ventilator, but not doable at work.
>>
>>343620996
honestly anon, what are the hitches when playing as a grill? Is the meme attention as annoying as it seems like it would be?

>girl talks on mic
>derails entire fucking game
come the fuck on.
>>
>>343622507
fucking casual i go to bed at 7 am and wake up at 7 pm

git gud
>>
>>343617858
i have to take a huge diarrhea shit about once every 40 minutes. you have to go into the basement to not be able to smell it.
>>
>>343617858
Haven't been diagnosed with anything, but if I get too excited then my heart starts freaking out. Usually doesn't happen more than once a week, and it only makes me stop playing for about 30 minutes at a time.
>>
Crushed my left hand at work (a major hospital said it was the worst fracture they had basically ever seen, the bones in my hand were literally smashed to dozens of fragments) and now it's pretty much fucked. can bend my fingers a little bit which allows me to type, but i'm heaps slower at playing games now.
>>
File: 1461735328506.jpg (76 KB, 960x836) Image search: [Google]
1461735328506.jpg
76 KB, 960x836
>be me
>playing sf3 on fightcafe
>playing wid an amazing urien player pretty much taught me how to play urien
>i asked do u play any other chars ?
>he said yes and picked all charge chars one by one
>i asked "why charge chars "
>he said i have carpel tunnel syndrone
>mfw
>>
File: 1448504981295.png (665 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1448504981295.png
665 KB, 800x600
>>343625823
>>
i have autism but nintendo made smash games so i'm okay
>>
Previous injury prevents me from rotating my left arm fully.

My wrist always approaches the keyboard at a strange angle, and makes it a little difficult to reach some keys. Fatigue is the real problem, where the outer wrist bone takes all the force when resting my wrist. It becomes really painful, and locks up my whole arm. Gamepad support is a blessing.
>>
>>343617858
Nothing is wrong with me outside of just being a pathetic human being.

I guess that sometimes doesn't help
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.