[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I started Final Fantasy 10 last night because I heard it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: final_fantasy_10-2_hd_remaster.jpg (73 KB, 640x799) Image search: [Google]
final_fantasy_10-2_hd_remaster.jpg
73 KB, 640x799
I started Final Fantasy 10 last night because I heard it's one of the best if not the best Final Fantasy game in the series, but it's pretty disappointing so far (just won the blitzball match), even worse than FF8. Being unable to skip the extremely long cutscenes certainly isn't helping.

When does it become good?
>>
File: yuna2.webm (261 KB, 1314x1050) Image search: [Google]
yuna2.webm
261 KB, 1314x1050
>>343613408
It's not good because you're playing the god awful remaster.
>>
>>343613560
The graphics are the least of the game's problems though. In fact they're the game's biggest strength.
>>
>>343613408
You heard wrong.
It's alright, and ranked fairly high when considered against the other 3d FF games. But no where near considered the best.
>>
>>343613408
>When does it become good?
it was the first ps2 ff, the first fully 3d ff with voice acting. it was huge at the time.
>>
>>343613408
Near the end ... kind of, there is some world building, but people get so focused on the forced romance plot the game shits the bed.
That's the problem with 8 and 10 and 13, too much character development not enough world development.
I would say move on to a different final fantasy.
>>
>>343614985
That's not what he asked
>>
>>343615330
I think I might just do that. Is FF9 any good? I'm thinking about playing that one next. I've already played through FF7, and even though it's overrated I still enjoyed it.
>>
>>343615519
Well if graphic style doesn't bother you, then yes, play that.
The story in 9 is a classic style story with new elements thrown into it.
Characters are enjoyable and actually have negative things about them that make them more enjoyable.
Story wise it's good, it does well with its narrative and had one emo scene that only lasts 10 minutes compare to some other characters that last the entire game.
If you like 7's story then you will like 9's. They are both different but both have good writing.
>>
I did not enjoy 10. 9 was the last numbered one I enjoyed, although I never did play 12. That one has very mixed opinions, but people seem pretty positive on it now.
>>
>>343613408
It becomes good after Zanarkand. So pretty much at the end. It's really fun breaking the game after that though.
>>
>>343615519
9 is great, at least in my opinion.
I'd recommend playing X-2 next though. I consider it better than X. It's not great but it's fun and there's a bit to do on the side if that floats your boat.
>>
>>343616010
It has great gameplay, but it's universally panned everywhere else. It's really bad.
>>
>>343615898
I'm actually doing the Don Tonberry thing right now
>>
>>343615806
I was able to deal with 7's blocky lego people so I think I can stomach 9's chibi style.
>>
>>343616116
The characters can be a bit over the top and it has some heavy magical girl influence to it but I have never understood the hate it receives.
It's biggest flaw is when people try to 100% it in one run, and need a guide to do so.
>>
>>343616496
Probably from people who loved FF10's story hated what 10-2 did to it.
>>
>>343616403
Then there you go, really the only complaints of 9 was the art style and battle speed. After that it's just people sitting on 9 for being a well made final fantasy.
>>
>>343616582
I think 10 and 10-2 are a really nice combination.
10-2's whole overly happy atmosphere is a nice companion to 10's constant depressive atmosphere. I can't think of anything about it that really goes against the story for 10 either.
>>
>>343615330
>That's the problem with 8 and 10 and 13, too much character development not enough world development.
13 has plenty of world development. It's just not good things and largely relies on saying fal'cie and l'cie as often as possible.
>>
>>343616959
Aside from the fact that it undermines 10's ending by bringing back Teedus
>>
>>343617151
Well world development means there is explination, 13 just said made up words and expected you to do vocabulary home work to understand what they were talking about. World building means you fit it into the main story and dialogue to make the story flow and move forward better. 13 didn't do that.
>>
>>343617437
I never saw that as the real ending, even though it was the "perfect" one.
Rather the imperfect, the one most people are going to see on their first playthough, has her accepting that he is gone
>>
>>343613560
Is the re-master for PS3 or PS4, or does she look like that in both?
>>
>>343613560
Is the after shot from PS3 remaster or PS4 remaster?
>>
>>343613560
She looks better before the HD remake...
>>
File: JUST.webm (318 KB, 1418x1022) Image search: [Google]
JUST.webm
318 KB, 1418x1022
>>343617747
looks like that in both.

>>343617903
it's comparing ps2 to ps4.

same here, ps4 makes characters look better and fucks up a lot of other things like the sky.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.