[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are These Worth Playing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Platinum.png (4 KB, 331x152) Image search: [Google]
Platinum.png
4 KB, 331x152
The current state of the industry has made me fatigued and frustrated with the industry, too many games aping movies, too many trying to be the game equivalent of Oscar bait.

So I figured I needed a pallet cleanser and so I looked to the games I didn't try last gen and I noticed I missed a lot of stuff from Japland. Japs tend to make more gamey games right?

I've added a bunch of games I've never played but heard good things about to my Amazon basket, are they all worth getting?

Lost Odyssey
Bayonetta
MGR Revengance
Vanquish
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Devil May Cry HD collection
Dragon's Dogma
Valkyria Chronicles
Ni No Kuni

Any one of these shit?
>>
Lost Odyssey
Bayonetta
MGR Revengance
Vanquish
Dragon's Dogma
Valkyria Chronicles

Good games.
>>
>>343596983
solid choices, but get dragon dogma on PC
>>
>>343596983
Ni no Kuni is kinda meh, other than that it's a pretty solid list.
>>
>>343597258
Well it's about the only on on that list that's getting a sequel any time soon.
>>
>>343596983
Lost Odyssey
>Haven't played it
Bayonetta
>Pretty great. Best on WiiU
MGR Revengance
>Really hype. Loved it
Vanquish
>Kinda fun, but probably one of the less good platinum titles. It's really fast paced, but it's repetitive and the bosses are shitty by comparison to other platinum titles.
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
>Haven't played it
Devil May Cry HD collection
>Fun
Dragon's Dogma
>Fun, but feels overwhelming. I didn't put much time into it.
Valkyria Chronicles
>It's ok. Probably worth getting at $15 or less
Ni No Kuni
>Haven't played it
>>
Good taste I've played almost all of those games. I would say get DMC4 special but it seems like you have a PS3 instead of a ps4 or lack of a current gen console. I'd also recommend NIER and you'll have a lot of fun with Lost Odyssey, great story.
>>
Since you have Lost Odyssey on there I assume you have a 360, so I'd recommend getting Ninja Gaiden Black instead of Sigma since it's slightly better.
>>
>>343598574
Oh I have a PS4 and have played it's offerings. And this is the pallet cleanser.

And of course a big reason I want to catch up on Platinum's stuff is Nier Automata looks amazing.
>>
>>343599319
There's a Ninja Gaiden 'Black'? And that's another remake of the original?

I thought Sigma was the only way to get Ninja Gaiden on 7th gen. What a way to confuse our customers.
>>
>>343599935
Your*

I... don't work for tecmo
>>
>>343599609
>And of course a big reason I want to catch up on Platinum's stuff is Nier Automata looks amazing.

HAHAHAHA you are for a ride
>>
>>343599935

Black is for original Xbox, it works fine with 360 backwards compatibility though.

Basically there was Ninja Gaiden for Xbox, then there was an improved version a year later called Ninja Gaiden Black, then there was a PS3 port years later and that's Sigma.

Sigma makes a few changes people tend not to like. The biggest of which there are three mandatory new chapters where you go through recycled environments using a slower character that isn't much fun to play as. It also suffers from pretty bad load times which is killer in a game as fast as NG. Not all the changes are bad and it's still mostly the same game but I'd recommend Black over it.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.