[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong, /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 212
Thread images: 17
File: Mgs4us_cover_small.jpg (18 KB, 294x339) Image search: [Google]
Mgs4us_cover_small.jpg
18 KB, 294x339
What went wrong, /v/?
>>
Hours and hours of expository cutscenes
>>
>>343594520
Terrible writing and shit fan service.
Glad the series is dead now.
>>
>>343594932
kys
>>
>>343594932

>The series is dead

But anon, V was the best one. And now Kojima is gone so future games will probably have less gay ninja shit
>>
>>343595110
>muh wedding
>muh snake on vacation
Kojima can't write for shit.
>>
>>343595446
>future games
>Konami

Pick 1
>>
Best final boss fight of all time.
>>
>>343594520
Bad game design, worse story.
>>
>>343594520
The half-assed way he tried to connect MGS3 to MGS4. Should have just left the patriots identity a mystery. It caused PW and V to have shitty stories because he couldn't figure out how to show static support characters turning into the people that caused everything.
>>
No gameplay past chapter 3
>>
File: 645657.jpg (30 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
645657.jpg
30 KB, 300x250
MGS3's ruined MGS4's story pretty badly. Not MGS3's fault at all; it was Kojima's.

Wouldn't be bad if the gameplay was good, but nope, the game drops off hard after Act 2. There are no vr missions like MGS1 or MGS2 which sucks.
>>
>>343594520
your birth
>>
Best bosses, best final boss, best level design, best action sequences, best atmosphere, best music, best codec calls, best MG theme, best fanservice, best areas in the MG universe, best REX fights

>waah why are they developing the story and aharacters so much

Just skip the cutscenes then you moron

>waah theres no gameplay then
Theres literally more gameplay in MGS4 without cutscene than the previous 3 installments

>waah i still dont like it and need to be contrarian to feel good about myself
Then just kill yourself.
>>
I liked it a lot, except that Paris chapter, that was trash.
Also
>That long ass install before every chapter, even when you're replaying the game
>>
>>343596105
>Theres literally more gameplay in MGS4 without cutscene than the previous 3 installments

Not even close.

MGS1 and MGS2 had hundreds of vr missions. And MGS3's "campaign" was a hundred times better than MGS4's.

Acts 3 and 4 have terrible gameplay. The bosses are a joke. I also like how you say best fanservice when it doesn't even have the proper MGS music theme.
>>
>>343595446
>less ninja shit
>100% more mobile shit
>>
>>343596367
I'm talking about the main story campaign, the one that's actually worth playing. MGS3 was a good but stop being a contrarian, MGS4 has a fuck ton of variety and new additions to gameplay and stayed true to the series core themes, gameplay, artstyle and overall game design
>>
People who never actually played MGS4 acting like the game was bad.

MGS4 was great. Cut scenes could have been shorter and the install times between chapters were bad.
>>
>>343594520
I liked it. Would have been near perfect if they removed every cut scene involving Meryl, Johnny, and Sunny.
>>
Terrible soul-less writing that gave up on all pretenses of intelligence for the sake of terrible pandering. Retarded cutscenes suffocating the actual gameplay worth a shit.

Easily the worst MGS.
>>
>>343596105
>best level design
lol
>>
>>343596891
>Easily the worst MGS.
are you talking about PW? because it definitely was the worst one and it negatively influenced V into being shit as well. MGS4 was the last TRUE metal gear solid game.
>>
>>343596592
>MGS4 has a fuck ton of variety and new additions to gameplay and stayed true to the series core themes, gameplay, artstyle and overall game design

Yeah, it has Middle East gameplay and more Middle East gameplay and then we're in Act 3 and it forgets it's supposed to be a game so we have no more gameplay other than boss battles.

Fuck right off. MGS 4 apologists are a cancer that needs to be chemo'd right out.
>>
I'm playing this right now for the first time. It's not bad, but I have a feeling it'll be my least favorite MGS game.
Too many cutscenes and linear levels, plus the environments are just boring. Still has that Kojima charm and polish though so I'm having a good time.
>>
>>343597002
No, the last true MGS game was MGS 3

MGS 4 was the brutal and merciless murder and rape of the series. It never recovered from that point.
>>
>>343597053
>Yeah, it has Middle East gameplay and more Middle East gameplay

You say this after praising 3 and V, what a fucking moron you are.
>>
>>343597164
t. someone who never played MGS4
>>
>>343597170
I'm not the person you were talking to before, you fucking moron. Believe it or not, there's more than one sensible person on /v/ that knows MGS 4 is trash.

You were the one to bring up diversity and additions to gameplay while conveniently forgetting the fact that there's no fucking gameplay for over half of the damn game.

Kill yourself.
>>
>>343594520
Honestly? Not much
Aside from MGR it's my favorite post-snake eater metal gear game
>>
>>343597219
t. someone who never played MGS4
>>
File: msl_11223.jpg (44 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
msl_11223.jpg
44 KB, 512x288
>V didn't have the classic L and R item and weapon select and instead had load outs
Literally why
>>
>>343597150
>Too many cutscenes and linear levels
You'd hate the entire metal gear series in that case.

What is wrong with linear levels even? This is basic game design 101 that allows you to create meaningful levels, it's the way MGS has always been, it's not even that linear even, the starting maps in the middle east are quite huge and open have some decent vertical scaling to them, especially the part where you meet that girl you will know who
>>
>>343596356
Jesus. Almost sold my ps3 after that because I thought thats how all ps3 games were going to be.
>>
Any Metal Gear game that isn't Snake's Revenge >>> MGS 4

Right now the favorite thing MGS 4 shitters like saying is that it's at least better than MGS V. Here's three reasons as to why that isn't the case:

>STORY
Both games have fucking horrible stories, but MGS 4 is a far bigger offender not only because the story is more retarded, but also because it was the story that ruined the rest of the series by fucking up characterizations and events from the previous games including Ocelot, the Patriots, The Boss, Zero, Para-Medic, Sigint, Merryl and Eva. MGS V, by comparison, can't ruin what is already ruined beyond repair and merely told its own retarded wacky story that is really not that important to the overall continuity, let alone ruinous to it.

>GAMEPLAY
MGS V has better gameplay by virtue of having any gameplay at all. Whereas 4 has good systems, it doesn't use those systems properly anywhere, there are only two hours worth of core stealth gameplay at the very most and then there are the boss fights (which are admittedly pretty good), stupid action sequences and then of course the "gameplay" by which I mean the cutscenes, codec calls, microwave hall, all of Shadow Moses until the boss fights, all of Act 3 until the boss fight, etc. It doesn't even have fucking VR missions so the only way you can experience any of the gameplay is by playing MGO (Which always was and always will be nothing but a novelty that isn't really that fun to play). By comparison, MGS V also has pretty great systems which you actually get to fucking use while traveling on the open world and accomplishing missions. The mission where you rescue Kaz already accounts for all the stealth gameplay in all of MGS 4 and that's fucking pathetic. "MGS 4 is a movie" is an exaggeration, but it's very much founded in reality.

>GRAPHICS
MGS V looks better not just in polygon count but also in artstyle. 4 was the epitome of brown and/or washed out.
>>
>>343596729
Thisss and otacon crying over Naomi through the Mk. Made me want to barf
>>
>>343597290
>le no gameplay meme
Daily reminder MGS4 had more gameplay than 1,2 and 3. Get BTFO again and get some taste you fucking pathetic contrarians. Even on top of that the gameplay was improved in almost every way with new additions, gadgets and shit to use. Fuck off
>>
Nothing other than long cutscenes that can be paused or skipped.

Gameplay, hell even the multiplayer, was 10/10. If IV had come out for PC it would be one of /v/'s golden games it never stops talking about.
>>
>>343597565
Daily reminder that you consider following a whistling man in Prague gameplay. That's why no one takes you seriously when you quote meaningless amount of hours.
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1334x750
>>343597365
Checkmate
>>
Too many cutscenes!
>>
>>343597669
I'm sure you're right. PC mustards wouldn't give a fuck about the tenacious raping of the series story that MGS 4 does. They'd be just the kind of guys to go "OMG RAY VS REX, I KIND OF RECOGNIZE THESE TWO THINGS FROM YOUTUBE!!!!!!! THIS IS SO EPIC :')"
>>
>>343597493
This
>>
>>343597672
Daily reminder you will only focus on parts that are less gameplay focused in MGS4 and conveniently overlook the other barely passable gameplay moments in every other game in the series before it because it suits your MGS4 bias.

Fucking kill yourself.
>>
MGS4 is the only MG I have actually played through and beaten multiple times to unlock the bandana and stealth camo
>>
>>343597715
Post your other games anon :)
>>
File: 1426485492391.jpg (69 KB, 405x750) Image search: [Google]
1426485492391.jpg
69 KB, 405x750
Can someone please explain in detail how it "raped" the series?
>>
>>343597672
Daily reminder that you consider climbing up a giant ladder or walking down a river ''''''''''''''''''''''''gameplay''''''''''''''''''''''''
>>
>>343597927
Prob because its the easiest one. You can beat it in three hours skipping all the cutscenes. Even if you don't know what you're doing.
>>
>>343597565
>the gameplay was improved
It streamlined some of MGS3's bullshit, but otherwise it carried most of MGS3's balancing issues and introduced some new ones what with shooting your way through everything being easier than ever and MkII/III being a nearly risk-free invisible tool that trivializes knocking out enemies.

The level design is pretty weak, too. The first two acts are maybe the best, but they suffer from emphasizing being cool setpieces over interesting environments to sneak through or explore. They're cool conceptually, but that's about it. Then the game drops the ball entirely up until the brief beginning of Act 5 which happens to be the only halfway worthwhile sneaking in the whole game.
>>
>>343597898
MGS 1 has VR missions, MGS 2 has VR missions, MGS 3 has a longer campaign than MGS 4, MGS V has a million times the gameplay than 4

The fact that 4 has the least gameplay of the games and that almost half of that gameplay is terrible and then you add in the 11 fucking hours of cutscenes is already damning enough, but then you add in the fact that 4 has the worst story of the entire series, a story that manages to destroy nearly everything established in the previous games in a single fell swoop, is more than enough to declare MGS 4 as unequivocally the worst MGS "game".
>>
>>343597974
Your pic is a good example
>>
>>343598145
>V
>facebook menu simulator
>waiting for the helicopter to pick you up and drop you off in an identical camp
>gameplay
>>
>daily reminder that there are no mgs4 fans, only mgs2 fans that come out of the woodwork so they can shit on mgs1, 3 and V
>>
>>343598145
>MGS V has a million times the gameplay than 4
>literally making you replay the same missions over again to make it look like the game has content
>>
Various things but if you dont think the game was still good you have utterly shit taste at everything
>>
>>343598269
>>343598381
>I hate that there's these boring missions where you actually have to walk around and not get caught and do shit. Where are my 1 hour long cutscenes of something incredibly retarded happening? :(
So fucking glad you MGS 4 fags got fucking annihilated with MGS V. I hope you keep crying about V forever. You deserve it.
>>
>>343598145
>MGS V has a million times the gameplay than 4

Le raid copy and paste ouposts and fulton enemies to hit an arbritrary quota because the game is so fucking desperately lacking of any story and/or contex = gameplay

Keep your baron empty open world sandbox raid simulator to yourself, MGV had better controls, it's gameplay is wasted on a terrible, repetitive, unfinished game without a story. It literally feels like a AAA desert explosion simulator, I can re-do missions in MGS4 I already completed to I wanted to yet I wouldnt have the audacity to call that disgusting shit gameplay.

MGS4 has better level design, better fucking boss fights for gods sakes, better action sequences and is themtically true to the series.

Funny you'd probably consider the fucking jeep ride in MGSV as the pinnacle of gameplay just because it suits your pathetic argument.
>>
>>343598404
>you have utterly shit tastes
>trying to sound intelligent
>>
File: 1466154227060.gif (632 KB, 500x267) Image search: [Google]
1466154227060.gif
632 KB, 500x267
I loved the cutscenes in MGS4. Was a nice break from the action to kick back and relax with a smoke.

They did cram way to much shit in the game for "muh MGS lore and rendered [spolier]MGSV's plot moot.

I did buy a PS3 just for this game and played MGS4 at least five times. Had fun, though.
>>
>>343594520
they put all the effort into making the best multiplayer ever created
>>
>>343594520
Fukushima died and Kojima can't write for shit.
>>
>>343598645
and then it was cut short by konajews
>>
>>343598645
>tfw you never got to play MGO
>>
>>343598530
>MGSV
>stealth
It's cute that you keep having to make things up just to try and make fun of an objectively better game that you never actually played because you didn't buy a PS3
>>
>>343598803
It was awful dont worry
>>
>>343598543
It's certainly more gameplay than mashing buttons to pass through a microwave hall, you stupid faggot.
And way to ignore every single other argument in that post. It's understandable, people are unable to defend MGS 4 when presented with solid logic on why it's shit.
>>
>>343597898
seconded
>>
>>343594520
Nothing probably my favorite of the series next to 2
>>
>>343598803
Was literally headshot city with a bunch of leet faggots dressed in all red. It was ok, generally very frustrating.
>>
>>343598353
MGS2 is pretty straight forward in terms of themes, though. It's more complex than the other games, but it's not that much more subtle. I've never understood the idea that MGS2 is only well-regarded because of online analyses explaining it. Those explanations might make the game's unique meticulousness more clear, but the game more or less spells everything out to the player.
>>
>>343598817
In what fucking world is MGS V not stealth? You know what, you can drop it right now. You're gonna say some stupid shit like "Oh, you get a bullet time thing if you have the casual option turned on so it's not stealth" or something like that.

MGS 4 lets you use a robot to walk around and paralyze enemies at will and makes you literally fucking invisible. As if that wasn't enough, in Act 3 all of the enemies are easily dispatched with chaff grenades

Fuck outta here, if MGS V isn't stealth, then MGS 4 sure as fuck isn't either.
>>
>>343598353
>15 years later, there are still retards who don't understand MGS2
Pretty easy to tell how underage /v/ is
>>
>>343598884
It's certainly more gameplay than mashing buttons to pass through a torture scene, you stupid faggot.

It's certainly more gameplay than climbing up a ladder, you stupid faggot.

It's certainly more gameplay than pressing x and waiting for your base to be built just to increase the number of your resources that don't matter you stupid faggot.
>>
>>343598145

As someone who has played every entry in the MG/S series, MGS5 is a perfect example of when a game with good controls cant redeem an entire game when one of it's most important elements being it's story is regulated to cassette tapes and when it completely shits the bed in an empty, baron and lifeless world.

The series once flourished with open-ended linear based progression which allowed kojima to design interesting and unique levels that provide a much better platform to push the story and actually gives context and reason to individual gameplay mechanics/interactions and characters. There is no connection to rescuing faceless kidnapped hostage number #25 while performing the same repeat missions over and over. The fact that they decided to throw in liquid the way they did is just an insult.

The fact that MGS5 decided to throw out one of it's most iconic features being codec calls that sets the pace of missions, explores characters, and is thematically important to the series shows of how badly MGSV fucked up. Also gone are the series long line of epic boss battles and also gone are epic action sequences. The only thing it managed to keep in MGS5 was it'sa few nice gadgets and good controls and that alone doesn't make a game weather you want to realize it or not.

MGS5 is very much a AAA desert explosion simulator made for people with the iq of a fingernail. It's basically a tech demo of what the game should've been, except, it remained as a empty, substanceless, thematically devoid game with cut content, copy and paste missions, 1 boss battle, no fucking story oh but you can fulton meaningless npcs and shoot bazookas. Nah.
>>
>>343597501
My bad, forgot to add Otacon to that list. What a shitty character.
>>
>>343599046
>MGS 4 lets you use a robot to walk around and paralyze enemies at will and makes you literally fucking invisible
MGSV let's you call in a dog or sniper to automatically paralyze enemies for you. At least you have to control the robot in 4, bullet time is literally a get out of jail free card for babies who didn't play the previous games.
>>
>>343598353
MGS3 has a fucking awful story, and was the beginning of the series descent into narcissism and endless self-referential pointlessness.

MGS2 isn't even my favorite MGS, but the story is leagues better than MGS3.
>>
>>343599309
Glad I wasn't the only one
>>
>>343599337
So I guess that's it, both games aren't stealth. Good job with your retarded reductive arguments.
>>
>>343599372
Classic mgs2 fan always saying something like
>mgs2 isn't my fav BUT
>>
>>343599049
Not helping mgs2 fans out any with this post
>>
>>343599469
>wahh stop making fun of my first stealth game, I can't actually refute your points
I don't understand you people . Do you get paid to defend MGSV?
>>
>>343598803
imagine 3rd person counter strike, with mouse acceleration and a controller

it was great
>>
>>343598604
faggot with shit tastes detected
>>
>>343599594
MGS 4 lets you turn invisible and also has a robot that paralyzes enemies without it being of any risk to you. I have already shown to you how your retarded reductive argument is just as effective on the shitty game you're trying to defend.
>>
>>343599496
MGS2 is my favorite Metal Gear game (tied with maybe MG2), but for the gameplay more than the story.
>>
>>343599046
>You know what, you can drop it right now. You're gonna say some stupid shit like "Oh, you get a bullet time thing if you have the casual option turned on so it's not stealth" or something like that.

>you're going to criticize a major feature that made the game casual so you're not allowed to mention it
kill yourself dude
>>
File: 1420750887353.gif (471 KB, 415x340) Image search: [Google]
1420750887353.gif
471 KB, 415x340
>>343599496
I'm trying to start a discussion. Are you not able to argue why MGS3 is better without memeing me?
>>
>>343599667
Keep it up mgs2 lover, you're so superior. C'mon Plato, what's you're next groundbreaking post?
>>
>>343598863
>>343598998
git gud n3
>>
>>343599805
stop samefagging, fag.
>>
>That chapter two in the jungle those nice colors and helping the npcs with their goal and being able to walk around freely
>That chapter three paying tribute to mgs3/snatcher in that nice comfy setting, ocelot boat cut scene at the end
>That chapter four throwback to mgs1
>That final boss fight arguably the most hype final boss fight ever

This game was loads of fucking fun especially if you don't just rambo your way through it. The only low points for me is the boring as fuck middle east and how short outer haven was. Other then this game was fucking amazing.

Its a fucking shame MGSV just didn't expand on what 4 was. Fuck that open world shit. Just give us a variety of huge different areas with lots of shit to do and explore full of easter eggs.

Its suck a fucking let down because GZ did exactly that. V came out and shitted on everything.
>>
>>343599680
MGSV gives you a hat that makes you invisible if you fail a mission too many times

MGSV let's you call in a dog or sniper to automatically paralyze enemies for you
>>
>>343597053
>South America is the Middle East
Is this the power of American education?
>>
>>343599680
>STOP CRITICIZING MY FAVORITE GAME YOURE NOT ALLOWED TO POINT OUT THE FLAWS
Grow up
>>
>>343599959
Are you ignoring the fact that I'm not the retard who said "MGS 4 isn't a stealth game"? Someone else said "MGS V isn't a stealth game" and I'm showing how those kinds of arguments are retarded and apply to MGS 4 as well if you want to be willfully dishonest about it.
>>
>>343599915
Cant argue worth shit. Lol you lost
>>
>>343600074
>My favorite game
MGS V is not even in the Top 3 MGS games.

Is it better than 4? You bet your fucking ass it is. Literally every game but Snake's Revenge is. This isn't a high bar. It's an exceedingly low bar. You can do a million fuck ups like MGS V did and still be three times better than the trash that is 4.
>>
>>343600084
>hurdur i jumped into the middle of an argument that wasn't me!!!
classic
>>
>>343600178
MGSV was an open world meme sandbox trash with no meaningful gameplay.

>wow i can fulton completely meaningless npcs and enjoy pseudo rts elements in a game that has zero story and doesn't even feel like a metal gear game anymore
>b-but mgs 4 was trash

Why haven't you comited suicide yet?
>>
>>343599578
Sorry you're literally retarded, the story isn't complex at all, it's literally explained to you
>>
>>343600258
No, you fucking idiot. I've been in this argument. I didn't fucking say that MGS 4 wasn't a stealth game because that would be a retarded thing to say. It was the other faggot (possibly you) that said that MGS V wasn't a stealth game and I turned around the argument to point out how retarded it is.
>>
>>343600162
you had no argument to begin with, mgs3 babby :^)
>>
I enjoyed every cutscene and gameplay segment that wasn't in Act 3 and hold the game as one of the best MGS titles along with MGS2. Can totally see why some people don't like it though and that's perfectly ok.
>>
>>343600412
>no you fucking idiot i didn't jump into the middle of a conversation I jumped into the middle of a conversation
kys
>>
>>343600347
MGS 4 is barely a game cinematic trash with barely any meaningful gameplay (I'm not gonna hiperbolize to extremes like you)

You know what game feels the least like a Metal Gear Solid game? Probably the one that raped the franchise's story. It's called 4: Guns of the Patriots. Might have heard of it.
>>
>>343600526
Show me a post of me or anyone here saying that MGS 4 isn't a stealth game.

Here's a post of a retard saying MGS V isn't a stealth game:
>>343598817
>>
>>343600407
Not getting the post at all
>>
>>343600551
>ou know what game feels the least like a Metal Gear Solid game? Probably the one that raped the franchise's story. It's called 4: Guns of the Patriots. Might have heard of it.
t. someone who didn't actually play MGS4. PW and V feel the least like 1, 2 and 3.
>>
>>343600258
Why the fuck are you on an anonymous imageboard if you're triggered by people joining your "private" conversations you sperg?
>>
>>343599049
oh here we fucking go; just shut the fuck up and call it a night kiddo
>>
>>343600719
MGS 4 is an atrocity and a slap in the face to the series that preceded it.
>>
>>343600727
because you're acting like I should have known all along that you weren't the person I originally replied to and that was a good reason enough for you to not make an actual argument
>>
>>343600551
MGS4 completely feels like MGS, though. Moreso than MGS3, in fact.
>>
>>343600856
This is my first post in the thread buddy, although I'm sure you'll claim otherwise.
>>
>>343600856
You're illiterate. I'm not gonna pretend to be surprised at this revelation. You're a MGS 4 defender, after all.
>>
>>343600852
>MGS4 is not like the other games
>it actually is
>w-well I don't like it!!!!!
ok, neat
>>
>>343597390
Because it was trying a system tied to its gameplay instead of pandering to cheap nostalgia. How many times did you have the solid eye occupying your item slot in 4? I'm willing to bet it's for a good 80% of the game, in detriment to all the other items it had.
>>
>>343601009
>Probably the one that raped the franchise's story. It's called 4: Guns of the Patriots. Might have heard of it.
Try to keep up, kid, you're just embarrassing yourself at this point.
>>
If thet stuck with the original tragic ending you fags would be screaming 10/10 saddest ending ever this game traumitzed me and changed my life. Its the same reason why shit like RDR, and the Titanic are praised. Games/movies with tragic endings usually leave a lasting effect on people.
>>
>>343594520
>what went wrong? /v/

Exactly
>>
File: MGS Opinions.png (3 MB, 2720x2044) Image search: [Google]
MGS Opinions.png
3 MB, 2720x2044
MGS4 is a good game Act 3 aside and if you disagree you're wrong.
>>
>>343601027
I'm willing to bet it was a good 20% of the game since the other 80% were codec and cutscenes.
>>
>>343601103
>MGS4 raped the story, not MGS3 and every shit big boss game that came after it (PW, V)
Your hatred for MGS4 is making you really irrational.
>>
>>343601147
I agree. V was better though.
>>
File: 7r2wjeg.gif (845 KB, 460x259) Image search: [Google]
7r2wjeg.gif
845 KB, 460x259
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_lIdiMM0Tc

Someone shit on this, I liked the game until I came to /v/ and this is the only thing I have left.

Please just end it now
>>
>>343601147
>muh liquid scene is so epic
Yeah, just the kind of retard that would think MGS 4 is anything other than a pile of shit.
>>
>>343601247
Actually MGS2 raped the story. And then a bunch of pseudo-intellectual faggots propped it up and started claiming it was "deep".
>>
>>343601317
Yeah yeah we get it you don't like the game. You've expressed yourself clearly this entire thread, you can fuck off now.
>>
>>343600961
>>343601317

>you dare like something I don't
>uncultured swine, this cannot continue
>I'll tell them that my opinion is fact, that will show them
>>
>>343601317
>>muh liquid scene is so epic
It was tbqh famalam.
>>
This game was comfy as fuck at times

>Listening to One Night in Neo Kobe City on the ipod while Otacon is telling me shit via codec as I hope the milita secure the mansion and the gardens
>>
>>343601282
It controls like ass, more or less like the fight at the top of the Metal Gear REX in MGS 1 felt only with added QTE's and cinematic moments. Any narrative enjoyment from it is lost on the fact the story has been absolute shit so far and is about to become even more shit in the cutscenes following it.
>>
Did the people who enjoyed V and PW actually play the other games in the series? I feel like they're the wrathbabbies of the mgs fanbase who weren't around when the game was at it's peak and pretend that the first game they played was better.
>>
>>343601247
MGS3 was on its own is fairly unobtrusive, aside from dismissing some irrelevant Big Boss back story and tying the game's events into the creation of the Patriots (which was maybe a little excessive, as was Ocelot's parentage).
>>
>>343601381
How did MGS2 rape anything? It made a direct sequel difficult, but it wasn't supposed to have one. I don't see the issue.
>>
>>343601487
They were certainly more fun to play than 4 was, the only thing 4 did better were boss fights.
Story-wise, they're all trash, but 4 is easily the worst.

Is PW and V better than the original trilogy? No. But they are miles ahead of the pile of shit that is 4, that's for damn sure.
>>
>>343601628
No they aren't, sorry.
>>
>MGS4 is 8 years old
>>
>>343601628
PW guards were completely blind, and V killed the stealth system that had been fairly consistent throughout the series by chucking it out the window altogether.
>>
>>343601628
>I enjoy facebook games
You must be an xbox owner who didn't get a chance to play MGS4
>>
>>343601698
They are, sorry.
>>
baka the cell was a piece of shit desu
it'll stay on ps3 forever and never EVER get a remaster
still a fantastic game
>>
>>343601770
Nope.
>>
>>343601617
No idea. I actually really like MGS2 (although it's a mid-tier entry IMO). I just like saying that things were raped.
>>
>>343601769
>I enjoy movies
I can meme too.
>>
>have played 1 and V
>trying to emulate 2 and 3 halfassedly and not really working
>have watched all the cutscenes in 4
I did like 1 except for shit like the sniper rifle, and I liked the gameplay of V. I also really liked MGRRRRRRRRR NIGGERS
>>
4 is the worst game in the series. Don't even try to debate this.
>>
>>343601892
Just play MGSV
>>
>>343601487
I started with the NES port of the original game back in 1990 or so and played every Solid at release. V was great.
>>
>>343601919
I'd rather play MG1
>>
>>343599805
>mgs2
what? I'm talking about mgs4 you faggot. that IS what this game is about you shit.
>>
>>343601846
You don't enjoy movies?
>>
>>343601972
>game
thread, whatever fuck.
>>
>>343601892
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgnQFUssHxE

it counts
>>
File: smiling snake.png (243 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
smiling snake.png
243 KB, 500x281
>>343601919
>People pretending MGS V is even close to being worse than 4

Z E L D A

C
Y
C
L
E
>>
>>343594520
Nothing. Only people who have never owned a PS3 dislike this game.
>>
MGSV was trash, you could've named the game anything other than Metal Gear and it would've been okay, because it wasnt a metal gear game, the controls are also conveluded for the sake of being different. The OG mgs weapon loadout was the fucking best
>>
>>343601919
MGS V is a masterpiece compared to 4.
>>
>>343601892
No, that's Peace Walker.
>>
the parts of MGS4 that you could actually play were great. it felt like an actual metal gear solid game.
>>
File: 1446953626655.jpg (34 KB, 240x413) Image search: [Google]
1446953626655.jpg
34 KB, 240x413
Have you forgotten the true enemy /v/?
>>
>>343601892
It's better than the PSP games for sure. Worst of the console games? You're probably right. I still enjoyed the hell out of it though.
>>
>>343602169
Shame they barely lasted and were suffocated by all the shit cutscenes.
Such a shit game.
>>
>>343602169
All 2 hours of them!
>>
>>343602234
>>343602245
t. ADD xbox babbies
>>
>>343596105
Fuck off, Hideo
>>
>>343602097
>>343602127
Sorry that I prefer a game with a beginning, middle, and ending, good gameplay, and actual boss fights superior to your precious walking simulator.
>>
You think 4 was bad? I darw you to watch every last single V trailer then return to this thread without at least appreciating that 4 tried.

Hard mode: play gz then watch every trailer
>>
I'm not a lore/storyfag so I skipped through all the cut scenes and had a great time.
>>
File: woops.jpg (26 KB, 455x625) Image search: [Google]
woops.jpg
26 KB, 455x625
>All these newfags pretending 4 is good now
If 2008 /v/ was here to see this... What a damn shame.
>>
>>343602234
>>343602245
A fuckhuge cutscene to gameplay ratio is not the same as no gameplay.
>>
>>343602342
>watching a trailer suddenly makes the game worse
Not being close to trailers wasn't the main problem of V, fuck off
>>
>>343602342
>at least appreciating that 4 tried.
Tried to do what, ruin the story of the series? It tried alright, a noble try. A try so good it succeeded.
>>
>>343602342
You honestly think 99% of the people here didn't do that already?
>>
>>343602349
literally only buttmad people who didn't own a ps3 hated it so much
>>
>forcing you to replay the same missions over again because the rest of the game was scrapped
>Vfaggots will defend this
>>
>>343602349
what's wrong with it again?
>>
>>343602364
Yeah it is.
>>
>>343602432
And MGS fans who didn't appreciate how badly they fucked the series up. Your newfag is showing.
>>
>>343602457
I owned a 360 so I didn't get a chance to play it
>>
>>343602126
> the controls are also conveluded

Oh, anon...
>>
>>343602490
No, it isn't. Do your fucking maths homework, Tim.
>>
>>343602364
I didn't say it had no gameplay, so I don't know why you're quoting me.
>>
>>343602490
how about making you replay the same missions over again because the rest of the game was never finished?
>>
>>343596367
>The bosses are a joke

This is the one thing ill disagree with you in your post. No. Maybe in terms of character but in gameplay they're the best bosses in the series.

Fuck off.
>>
>>343602495
You have at least 20 posts ITT with this same exact statement but nothing to back it up. PW is bad because of being on PSP and V is bad because it's an unfinished open world turd. Nothing more, nothing less.
>>
>>343596367
The boss fights are, along with Act 1, the one redeeming thing of the otherwise complete shitshow that is MGS 4, IMO.
>>
Best Metal Gear is non canon
>>
File: heh.jpg (15 KB, 612x528) Image search: [Google]
heh.jpg
15 KB, 612x528
>>343602658
>Your statements aren't being properly backed up
>Now here are mine, end of story
>>
File: 1433279315639.jpg (63 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1433279315639.jpg
63 KB, 633x758
>>343602658
KYS SONYGGER
>>
>>343602495
>lel u r a newfag unlike me the ultimate memester i been here the whole summer
>>
>>343602349
people talked shit about 4 in 2008 for movie gear solid, quit acting like you were here
>>
>>343602698
Brilliant game.
>>
MGSV was great. I really liked having to replay the same missions over again and watching a cut scene that shows a bunch of cool things that I never got to actually play
>>
>Replay value
>Cool octocamo
>Fun codec conversations
>Weapons galore
>Many subtle easter eggs
>Best gameplay in the series
>Perfect length for a game if played proper as opposed to Rambo'ing even if you skip the cutscenes.
>Should you watch the cutscenes, they're very informative and charming.
Best final boss fight ever

vs

>No replay value
>Repetive select a mission in the style of PW which was also shit
>No codec calls only cassette tapes with no facial expressions or charming conversations
>Brain dead mute Venom Snake has zero personality
>Shitty fucking weapons nothing stands out you can win with anything
>Meme tier chicken hat horse shit lel poop big boss is so awesome soldiers
>No boss fights
>Boring open world
>Not even finished, no proper ending

If you think V is better than 4 then kill yourself
>>
>>343603017
That and the retarded plot which we were thorough to dissect in all of its shitty-ness.
Good times.
>>
>>343602698
No one ever hears me out when I bring this up irl.
They don't even believe it exists.
>>
>>343602698
t. hipster
>>
>>343603105
metal gear plot has always been fucking retarded.
>>
>>343603067
>Replay value
MGS 4 is the game I only finished once.

>Best gameplay in the series
MGS V has better gameplay, MGS 4's gameplay is great but woefully under-used

>Perfect length for a game if played proper as opposed to Rambo'ing even if you skip the cutscenes.
If anything, the gameplay might feel better if you skip the cutscenes, but it's still far from being perfect length either ways.

>Should you watch the cutscenes, they're very informative and charming.
I respectfully disagree with you, I think the vast majority of the cutscenes in MGS 4, are, in fact, really bad.

>Best final boss fight ever
It's not even the best final boss fight in MGS: Solidus and The Boss are better.

>No replay value
Certainly more than 4, in my opinion. I replayed missions to get the best ranks while in 4 I was too tired of the bait and switch and the outright lack of gameplay in the second half of the game to give it another go.

I ignored your other arguments either because they're right, or, in the majority's case, because they're irrelevant.
>>
File: DD_bait.png (121 KB, 553x585) Image search: [Google]
DD_bait.png
121 KB, 553x585
>>343603067
>>
>>343603318
Not him, but it's a top 3 Metal Gear game for me. It has great level design and is very well-balanced. My only gripes are that the story isn't terribly interesting and the gate puzzles were a bit tedious.
>>
>>343603105
there's a metal gear without a retarded plot? must not be one of the mainline games.
>>
>>343602698
I played this at release, still have my original cart, but I never got the love for it. It's an okay game and an impressive achievement considering the hardware, but it's extremely overrated.
>>
>>343601147
>2 and 4 are my favorite

How can one person's opinions be so trash?
>>
>>343603475
>MGSV
>better gameplay
fuck no. Snake in TPP controlled great but the stealth mechanics were pretty weak and the level design terrible.
>>
>>343603993
MGS:GBC had a good plot.
>>
>>343603067
>Solid Snake
>personality

Don't make me fucking laugh. 90% of his dialogue was some question that lead to expository bullshit.
>>
>>343595446

V isn't even better than GZ.
>>
>>343609367
This. GZ is so much better than TPP it hurts.
Thread replies: 212
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.