[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw remembering all the hype What happened /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
File: Destiny-Game-2.jpg (443 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Destiny-Game-2.jpg
443 KB, 1920x1080
>tfw remembering all the hype

What happened /v/?
>>
No, because I was never interested and I knew it would fade quickly.
>>
File: 1466216950883.png (360 KB, 657x495) Image search: [Google]
1466216950883.png
360 KB, 657x495
>remember the fun I had playing Destiny before accepting that the game was aggressively mediocre
>look into returning to the game
>game is infested with microtransaction shit despite being hugely successful
>need to buy $70 worth of DLC to get back into it

Welp, no thanks
>>
>>343593586
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1QxSfMUujo
>>
>>343593586
So this game tanked as hard as to never have a sequel?
What made bungie games succesful while they were under MS control? was it just the giant advertising budget?
>>
>>343593586
it came out
the game is made by incompetent monkeys who dont know what they are doing
they only marketing tactic they have now is LOOK THE GJALLAHORN IS BACK
which is sad
>>
>>343593586
I thought the raids were good but stopped playing when Bungie basically said its fanbase was stupid and should buy shitty emotes
>>
File: 1467320831965.jpg (902 KB, 1300x1733) Image search: [Google]
1467320831965.jpg
902 KB, 1300x1733
>>343593586
it was shit
>>
>>343595302
Bungie is in a contract with Activision for 4 games. And they're releasing another expansion this fall. I can't imagine they'd just let it die without a sequel.
>>
>there are people who bought into the hype
>not buying the entire taken king legendary edition package for $40

You fucked up. It is actually a great game but buying into hype is where you fucked up.
>>
File: haha.gif (37 KB, 100x80) Image search: [Google]
haha.gif
37 KB, 100x80
>>343597113
>It is actually a great game
>>
>multiplayer hands out power weapons and one hit kill super moves like candy
>dozens of weapons but they can be boiled down to 4 or 5 types
>story is bland
>RNG that's slightly less terrible than Xenoverse
>bland enemies
>introduce DLC where new enemies are just the old enemies but see through
>bosses that are regular enemies but bigger
>no one has a mic, ever
What did I miss
>>
>>343597610
Don't forget

>microtransactions
>>
>>343597610
>first two DLCs are trash
>first real DLC is $40, upcoming is $30, both required to be up to date so your game is obsolete unless you pay $70
>>
>bought the base game disc for cheap
>finished it playing alone
>bought it again digitally with taken king and all other shit for like 60 for no reason other than I was bored
>played like 2h and never touched it

should i even get back into it? dont have any friends that play it, and never tried anything from any DLC
>>
>>343597610
>no map editor
>no theater mode
>no custom lobbies
>Halo had all of these
>>
>>343598540
Game suffers greatly from lack of shit to do syndrome. A Destiny fan's idea of fun is playing the handful of activities three times a week in hopes of nabbing a slightly higher level drop than what they have. This is the core gameplay which will never be fixed with expansions, no matter their contents.
>>
File: image.jpg (163 KB, 649x825) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
163 KB, 649x825
I knew something was fishy when the game required to be constantly online, right after I bought it.

Then the game just turned out to be the beta.
>>
They trashed this mans story because Jason turned into a jew.
>>
>>343595302
A sequel is actually in the works to be released in 2017
>>
>>343593873
I got if for 30 dollars with all the dlc it was on sale
>>
>>343598961
>I knew something was fishy when the game required to always be online
>being this retarded
>>
>>343593586
There was no real content until The Taken King, and even then there wasn't much. Missions are all "run down corridor, shoot mobs" - if you wanna do anything that isn't just shooting things in the face, you have to do raids, and nobody can listen. The hard mode raid for Oryx just makes the numbers bigger and doesn't force you to alter any strategies. The game is just one big grind, you have to use another website to find people to play with, and that's awful because the "end game" content like raids, Trials and now apparently a new Prison of elders don't have matchmaking. Bungie's idea of balance is to just nerf whatever's too good (except Sunbreaker Titans) so that something new becomes OP, instead of powering up weaker stuff.

Also if you're on a last gen console you don't get anymore content come September. I bet half of their player base is on old consoles, especially because even if they have next gen consoles, who wants to pay another 50 bucks just to transfer your account?
>>
>>343598589
Halo also had a lot of vehicles this game doesn't have shit for vehicles
>>
>>343593586
The same cunts turned around and did the same thing with The Division.
So if anything, what happened was the shitty cycle of hype trains and bullshit just continued unabated.

These fags will be back to eat up any new DLC for both Destiny and/or Division. These kind of people dont learn.
>>
It says it's not an mmo and while its technically not, it takes all the worse aspects from mmos
The intense amount of grind the game demands from you as well as the throttling to the grind itself is atrocious
>>
>>343599808
>raids, trials and prison of elders don't have matchmaking
>implying you would want to play with random shitters
>>
>>343599994
I played with a ramdom on Vault of glass one time he had a mic we told him what to do, shoot the oracles when he got teleported he would run around and not shoot the oracles and die. If people play that badly I couldn't imagine what it would be like doing a raid with a full team of matchmade randoms.
>>
>>343593873
The microtransaction shit is kinda funny.

Except for the current "season" of emotes everything can be gotten through normal place.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.