[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: Myst.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Myst.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
What went wrong?
>>
>>343586808
The price.
>>
>>343586874
This
>>
>>343586874
Yup
>>
>40 dollars
>>
>>343586874
That's its only problem, because the game itself is incredible. Wish it had a better price so more people tried it. $30 would still be a little bit expensive. $20 would be perfect.
>>
>>343586808
The talos principle
>>
>>343586808
Fucking nothing
>>
>>343587129
Another problem was really the fact of its difficulty. Forever fuck the entire tetris block zone of the game
>>
>>343587129
>incredible

Stare at your roll of toilet paper while taking a shit. It's far more stimulating.
>>
>>343587187
Yeah, they're both puzzles game with a beautiful environment, but in Talos Principle the puzzles have you interacting with the environment rather than zooming in on some little screen. Also Talos has a story.
>>
>>343587361
I don't think it was that the difficulty was a problem, but because the game is open and you're free to go anywhere you want, the pacing and difficulty curve is all out of whack, though at the same time, you can just leave and try a different place if it's too difficult.

Still, I agree with you. Fuck everything related to the tetris blocks. It's the only mechanic I absolutely hated in that game.
>>
>>343586874
first post best post
>>
>the same puzzle 100 times
>over priced
>>
>>343586808
its all right here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZokQov_aH0
>>
>>343587129
I've been watching the sale since start hoping it would drop to 20$.

I just can't justify paying more than that for a puzzle game
>>
there was no actual variety to the puzzles

there was no point in having a bunch of crap to explore, certainly not at the snail-on-a-turtles-back walk speed that you were given

no attempt was made to make the game interesting immediately like braid
>>
>game consists of nothing but linepuzzles that could have been on a mobile device
>$40 price tag
>no mobile version with slideshow presentation or something
>Jonathan Blows
>>
>>343586808
Jonathan Blow is a pretentious sperg.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.