[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Zelda TECHNOLOGY thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8
File: 1302954741972.jpg (733 KB, 2500x2420) Image search: [Google]
1302954741972.jpg
733 KB, 2500x2420
Why do you think Blue Bubbles are attracted to Bombs?

Any theories.
>>
They were Muslims in their past lives.
>>
They're cold and want to be warm
>>
File: just.jpg (155 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
just.jpg
155 KB, 1280x1024
great theories
>>
A bug in their tracking AI. For whatever reason they "think" the bomb is the player.
>>
>>343563552
Look mom I posted on 4chan again!
>>343564058
I'll take it.
>>343564523
Why only Blue Bubbles? Red and Green don't follow, sure. But White Bubbles do.
>>
>>343563475

Why the fuck are these enemies called Bubbles? They are the furthest thing from bubbles I can imagine.
>>
>>343566032
Pff, I bet I can think of something ever furtherer than bubbles than you can.
>>
File: 1302954365757.jpg (967 KB, 1955x3259) Image search: [Google]
1302954365757.jpg
967 KB, 1955x3259
Why can you only kill a Skull Kid if you Z-target and thrust or slash it vertically (without holding the stick)? If you horizontally slash it that means Link could also not be Z-targeting.

The only implications I can think of are pretty damning.

Since they're dead Kokiri, you can only kill them while a fairy is nearby, because it makes them whole again. Kinda like Homunculus in FMA 2003 (the good one), can only be killed when they're near their real bodies.
>>
>>343563552
kek
>>
Why can you use your shield in the water, what the fuck is up with that, you never have to use it to kill an enemy or solve a puzzle.
>>
>>343568020
Did you finish the game?
>>
>>343568020
Lots of enemies can hurt you underwater. What are you talking about?

Even Morpha can force you to defend yourself underwater.
>>
File: BubbleLoZ.png (266 B, 42x48) Image search: [Google]
BubbleLoZ.png
266 B, 42x48
>>343566032
because they essentially were bubbles in the earlier games.

The designers took away the circular design in favor of flames, but kept the name because japan.
>>
>>343568248
>>343568020
Oh, I think he's talking about why you can use your shield while you're wading in the water, if you never have to use it against an enemy or puzzle (since you can't do anything else while on water).

the answer is, it looks cool.
>>
>>343568316
I know some of the games called them anti-fairies and gave you a fairy if you killed them with a boomerang
>>
>>343563475
What does that have to do with TECHNOLOGY?
>>
>>343568316
>>343568571
Not you guys, but OH SHEE-IT!

I just realized that they're not supposed to be called Bubbles, but "Buboes."

They're a reference to Bubonic Plague, which is where the Grim Reaper originated from. Legends about people on the outskirts of town before a plague.

Bubbles look like reapers, and if they touch you, you're "cursed"/infected.
>>
How did no one ever think to implement a 'fast equip/unequip' button for the iron boots in the water temple?
>>
>>343568939
Not the guy who asked either btw. He seemed like a jerk so I didn't quote him.
>>
>>343569030
They already had the UI set up.
>>
>>343569030
>>343569123
Miscommunication between Aonuma, Koizumi, and the Super Mario Team probably.

Koizumi - did the UI.
Aonuma - created the map of the dungeons, directed boss fights, and coordinated everything to make sure it came together.
Super Mario team - created the actual courses themselves for adult Link.

It is kinda funny that they made the Iron Boots without realizing that you would only ever need them for very situational circumstances outside of the Water Temple.
>>
>>343569565
Who did the sound design because all of OOT's sound effects are fucking phenomenal.
>>
>>343565689
Reds just pop up from lava and Greens go in a set pattern. Blues actually track the player
>>
>>343570245
http://zeldawiki.org/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Ocarina_of_Time/Credits
Yoji Inagaki
Takuya Maekawa

No sound director, just Koji Kondo as composer
>>
What';s the most obscure OoT glitch?
>>
>>343566032

A lot of "unique" names in old franchises were made by Japanese writers coming up with stuff that only made sense to them, then when the game came overseas the script landed at the desk of some guy who hopefully knew Japanese and had to translate the mess.
>>
>>343571764
Nude Zelda
>>
>>343571764
At the beginning of the game, there's no jar inside Link's house.

But the moment you leave and re-enter his house, there's suddenly a jar inside.
>>
>>343571934

>jars only regenerate when you leave the area
>Link broke it, found nothing then crashed into sleep

Checks out
>>
This seems more like an enemy thread than a technology thread, so I'll bite. What's the deal with Stalchildren? They only have 2 canon appearences, OOT and MM, in OOT they only appear when Link's a kid and they themselves share child-like tendencies in MM. Also in MM, it's said that they were previous soldiers of the ikana King. I'm not looking for some convulated tumblr theory, I just wanna know what's up with these guys and why they're even called stalchildren
>>
>>343572680
They are kids, as opposed to full grown Stalfos.
>>
>>343572680

They're probably skeletons of dead soldiers in both games. In MM they were Ikana soldiers, and before OoT there was some huge ass war that Link's mom had to flee from.

Ganon probably got rid of them somehow after he took over. The murderous Peahats are also gone, and the only things left are Big Poes who want no trabbu.
>>
File: Blue Fokka.png (161 KB, 405x395) Image search: [Google]
Blue Fokka.png
161 KB, 405x395
>>343572680
>complaining about them only having 2 appearances
>most of the Zelda 2 enemies will never return, at least not neutered of their difficulty because the modern Zelda fanbase would cut their wrists if met with challenge
>Fokka, Iron knuckles that know how to fight, red wizards, Daira, and even smaller things like Myu and the fireball pirahnas will never return

At least they're stalfos and have a place in the main series. There's so many interesting enemy types that this series simply abandons. Hell even the magic and items could use a return from that game, or any game that hasn't seen a returning item, like Roc's cape.
>>
>>343572680
They're not called Stalchildren, they're stalbabies. Stalchild is just a name NOA made-up. Why? Who knows.

But the fact that they're babies, implies that they're born from Stalfos. Remember how in the Forest Temple there are two special Stalfos that can regenerate?

Stalchildren are probably regenerated Stalfos. Yeah, there was a whole war fought against Stalfos throughout Hyrule Field in the past.

This is the backdrop of Breath of the Wild, and why they are so prominent you can use their limbs as weapons, and that Stallord is the very first """"living"""" thing you see in the trailer.
>>
>>343572680
>That giant Stalchild that appears after you kill enough of them
>>
>>343571934
Pretty obscure
>>
>>343573926
>not called Stalchildren, they're stalbabies.
The difference is?
>>
File: 1400933825859.jpg (233 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1400933825859.jpg
233 KB, 800x600
>>343574415
They're programmed to never stop growing if you kill enough of them. They also drop three red rupees once you get beyond category 2. But you can only get to a category 4 with everlasting night glitch like this guy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3KWZmJ-YRI

To even get a category 3 spawn, I believe requires that you spend a night killing them, so that the very first spawn on the next night you get is a big one.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.