[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What MMO should I start playing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: mmorpg_logo.png (442 KB, 4550x1355) Image search: [Google]
mmorpg_logo.png
442 KB, 4550x1355
What MMO should I start playing?
>>
I've been playing Wildstar on steam for some time now. Fun dungeons and raids. I recommend it, considerings its free and not pay to win either.
>>
>>343548349
Except Wildstar
>>
Eso is pretty good
>inb4 its bad
Its not
>>
I've heard Age of Conan is quite good
>>
>>343548207
Guild Wars 2, but it's necessary your find an active guild or a group of friends, find one on google or join the /vg/ one.

>but I wanna play alone

Then MMORPGs aren't for you
>>
>>343548207
Runescape.

/v/scape specifically.
>>
>>343549767
>but I wanna play alone
Star Wars The Old Republic does playing alone perfectly by giving you a companion that you can set as a tank, dps, or healer so you can even solo the PvE as a healer and be prepared for higher level PvP and instances
>>
FFXIV is the only real option out there for MMO players at the moment.

ESO is okay. I've played on and off since release, and well into endgame, but I always end up leaving with a feeling of "what the fuck was I thinking going back into that". I dont understand how they could fuck up an Elder Scrolls MMO so badly.

FFXIV is basically like WoW if WoW actually had good crafting/gathering and better graphics. Also the player housing is a million times better, and the music is top tier.

Otherwise... Black Desert maybe?

Whatever you do, do not play ArcheAge though. That game and Trion are fucking toxic.
>>
I agree with
>>343552521
ff14 for best wow-like BDO if you want something a little less on rails be but still theme-park, and I'll add eve online if you want to try a real sandbox
>>
>>343548207
what kind of mmo do you like?
For example, theme park or sandbox style?
Good theme parks would be:
>WoW, obviously
>Wildstar
>ESO (i don't dig it but it's way better than at launch)
>Warhammer online private server

Decent sandboxes would be:
>UO private shards
>private SWG server (most are dogshit, research first)
>EVE (obviously, but not everyone is into it)

Some mmos are kind of a hybrid between themepark style and sandbox, like:
>ArcheAge (COMPLETE SHIT, do not play)
>BDO (also shit but faggots will argue with you about this)

Of course there are tons of others I didn't mention, tho decent sandbox titles aren't as common. And no matter what you'll have a ton of faggots telling you to play final fantasy because they are faggots.
>>
File: mabi_slide1.jpg (268 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
mabi_slide1.jpg
268 KB, 1920x1200
>>343548207
ALl these shitters recommending shitty western mmos when the best sandbox is obviously mabinogi which is not as uninspired and brown as western mmos
>>
>>343548207
There's no really good MMO right now.
>>
>>343555786
I don't like mabinogi but i do agree with you. Both that most of these suggestions are 100% shit and that Mabinogi is definitely something different in the genre.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.