[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Want to play it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: Revelations- Persona.jpg (95 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Revelations- Persona.jpg
95 KB, 500x500
but I heard that the ps1 version has a questionable translation and that the psp version has a weird soundtrack compared to the original.
What I do?

And don't just say "don't play it" because I will.
>>
>>343532024
>And don't just say "don't play it" because I will.
what options do I have? play it?
>>
>>343532494
Play the psp port and listen to the originals ost if it bothers you that much
>>
>ps1 version has a questionable translation
So do 99% of other JRPG's on PS1 but that never stopped people from praising titles such as Final Fantasy 7.

Go for it.
>>
>>343533010
This one isn't questionable, it's fucking retarded
It also removed an entire route and some playable characters
>>
>>343533342
just play the fucking ps1 u nig
>>
>>343533482
I'm not OP you fuck. I've played both. The PSP translation is so much better it's not funny.
>>
>>343532024
>>343532024
IIRC Theres a mod of the PSP version to include the PSP improvements but adds PS1 versions OST
>>
>>343533576
PS1 is the real deal.

PSP is for nu-male hipsters.
>>
>>343532024
>questionable translation

It's basically a made up new story with features of the original game removed. Entire characters were changed, as were several major events. Honestly PS1 US Persona may as well be a different game entirely.
>>
File: 1457730532313.jpg (680 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1457730532313.jpg
680 KB, 1024x768
>>343533704
THIS GUY GETS IT
>>
>>343532024
There is actual a patch for the ps1 soundtrack for the psp version
There best of both
>>
>>343532024
>Rated K-A
Really?
>>
>>343534360
yeah, the 90's was great
>>
What were they thinking?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPHJJY8GhMY
>>
>>343534861
I like it over the PS1 version OST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpzqq1XjF8E
>>
>>343532024
Play the PSP version.
Download OST for the PS1 version and listen to it afterwards.
It's THAT simple.
>>
>>343533704
Wouldn't hipsters prefer the PS1 version because it's older and crappier? You know, for "irony" or whatever.
>>
>>343535117
It's not crappier, it's the real deal.

The PSP version is like you went to air brush Mona Lisa, sure it looks a bit prettier but it's not better and all it's original charm and value has been lost.
>>
>>343535520
The PS1 version in English is airbrushed Mona Lisa you cockmongling subhuman nigger.
Unless you're talking about the Japanese PS1 then you're a literal cancerous hipster and should get cancer and literally die.
>>
>>343535740
desu Japanese is babby tier easy to learn so there is no excuse.

If you are so lazy that you won't even bother to learn a language to enjoy a weeb game then you should suffer the bad translations without bitching.
>>
>>343536261
PSP version has a perfect translation so how about fuck you? :^)
>>
File: best girl.jpg (124 KB, 540x2322) Image search: [Google]
best girl.jpg
124 KB, 540x2322
>>343532024
Basically OP, the american release of the original is NOT worth playing. It wasn't just a bad translation, it also changed the characters to make it more 'ameican', has lots of missing content (the ENTIRE alternative route, actually), fucked up demon and spell names, among other things.It's like a crappy american anime that changes rice balls for hamburguers or some stupid shit like that.

PSP version, on the other hand, has a quite good localization and fixes some issues the original gameplay had, like the battles going to slow and high encounter rates.

The new OST is not BAD, i personally like it, but it creates a different kind of atmosphere than the original; I don't understand why they had to change it, but it won't ruin the game for you to play it with the new music.

If you really want to, I believe some anon from /smtg/ made a patch to put the original music into the PSP version, go look that up. I think it might have issues with the volume, though.

Don't pass up on the game, though; it's really good.
>>
>>343536483
*american anime dub, i am retarded.
>>
>>343536483
>some anon
I made it and it doesn't restore the entire PS1 OST.
It only replace PSP version's 34 tracks with 34 tracks from PS1 version.
Problem is, PS1 version had ~100 tracks.
I can't add more than the PSP version has, I can only replace what it already has, and so I did.
>>
>>343536334
Perfect translation maybe but the rest of it's aspects are ruined and mutilated.

It's not the real deal, you are a nu-male hipster.

It's like taking Citizen Kane and smearing color all over it to make it look "prettier".

It's nu-males like you why all we get these days is remakes, remakes, remakes and remakes and after another.
>>
>>343536810
Spew some more memes
>>
The PS1 version completely cuts out the entire Wrath of the Snow Queen storyline (literally NEARLY HALF THE ENTIRE GAME). That in and of itself is a disgrace.
>>
>>343537127
To re-iterate: This is only a problem with the international version "Revelations: Persona".

The original Jap version "Megami Ibunroku Persona: Be your True Mind" is just fine. Is there a translation patch for the original Jap version?
>>
>>343537362
I don't believe so. I don't recall ever seeing one because persona psp and revelations exist. Maybe someone can port the psp script over to that?
>>
Have any of you heard of the Japanese PC release? It apparently has some changes but I don't know what they are. I wonder if it's a good middle ground between the PS1 and PSP versions though (for those who can read Japanese).
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.