[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just played and beat this for the first time (I had a PlayStation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 3
I just played and beat this for the first time (I had a PlayStation growing up). I have no nostalgia googles, and I can confirm it was pretty good. Egoraptor is a faggot.
>>
>>343524409
master quest was better
>>
Well, it isn't considered one of the best games ever by so many people for no reason anon.
>>
>>343524507
This.

Anyone who let Egoraptor influence thier opinion and spout the "waiting meme" needs to fuck off.
>>
The only people who try and claim that OOT was a bad game are hipster faggots just hating on the fact that it was popular.

now try Majoras Mask OP
>>
>>343524656
>now try Majoras Mask OP
Yeah, that's next on my list.
>>
Not OP but I'm playing through majoras mask now, what should I play after majoras mask? is windwaker any good? I've heard mixed things about it
>>
majora's mask sucks dick. don't play it, and don't play wind waker either. ocarina of time is the only good 3D zelda game.
>>
Nintendo faggot here, who moved from the SNES to the N64 and played the Playation as more of a side system.

I gotta ask, having never played FF7 back in the day, how did the console war even exist? I know Playstation won anyway, but the margin really wasn't that large and there was tons of fanboy shitflinging even back then. As an N64 faggot, it boggles my mind that FF7 is a fucking 32-bit game with pre-rendered backdrops that still manages to span 3 fucking DISCS. Three. Fucking. Discs. For a game that's not as technically adept as an N64 title, that implies an assload of content. It would have spanned like 10 cartridges if it was released on the N64.

Whenever an N64 vs Playstation argument crops up, why doesn't the bare mention of Final Fantasy 7 shut that shit down immediately? As a fan of N64, I'd be hard pressed to counter that objectively without saying some shit like Mario 64 having some of the most robust platforming physics in all of vidya, to this day.
>>
>>343525118
Wind Waker is great. Huge open world. The best combat of any in the series so far. A quest that often requires looking at clues instead of just being told what to stab next.
>>
>>343525295
Because people would say that FF7 is a shit game.
>>
I did the same and even though I must say it aged badly, it's still great.
>>
>>343524816
>>343525118
good, MM is fucking amazing.
WW is really great too, have fun Anon.
>>343525280
>L-look Mommy, I po-posted it again!
>>
>>343525417
I don't think it aged bad at all cause new games are complete trash

The graphics maybe, but I kinda like them
>>
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 1280x1025) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 1280x1025
>>343524409
Who the fuck lets youtubers influence their opinions of a game ? Outside of reviewers ? And Yahtzee doesn't count
>>
>>343524409
>I had a PlayStation growing up
I'm so sorry for you.
>>
>>343524816
You using the Gamecube collection?
>>
>>343525295
Aren't most of the discs taken up by audio and full-motion video?
>>
>>343525543
fuck off faggot. if you think wind waker was good then you were probably a very young child when the gamecube came out. you weren't intelligent enough to compare it to ocarina of time in a sensible manner. and majora's mask is even worse.
>>
You should play Majora's Mask next.

I played OoT and MM for the first time this year as well, they are both fucking superb but MM is even better than OoT.

I know this has been a debate for decades, it's like mustard and ketchup.
>>
File: kirby_stamp12.gif (336 KB, 320x270) Image search: [Google]
kirby_stamp12.gif
336 KB, 320x270
>>343524409
People have different tastes and some people are more open to different kinds of games than others. I believe this game is pretty great, but I won't deny that it has flaws. Egoraptor just likes simple games that you can pick and play with no story or any cutscene. I find his taste boring and I don't agree with his criticism but I can understand where he's coming from.
>>
Is majoras mask on wii u?
>>
>>343525735
No, the actual N64 cart. I got a nice CRT with s-video, it doesn't actually look that bad.
>>
Is it shameful how hard MM is for me? Like I had an easier time with Duck Tales with hard pogo
>>
>>343526012
As a download it is.
Personally I'd emulate it on a PC, even though I own the physical media.
>>
>>343525596
controls wise, basically.

its just a bunch of small stuff that piles up over time.

barely any control over the camera, slow and fucked text boxes, bad z-targetting controls, auto jumps...
>>
>>343525892
Ww isn't bad though.
>>
>>343525892
Okay, I'll bite.
What is so wrong with MM and WW other than they're not OOT?
Sure they're not perfect, but saying they're shit?
Try leaving subjectivity out of it.
You don't need to answer.
>>
>>343524409
Jesus christ. I don't like Arin, but he has pointed out literally thousands of times that he LIKES the game. He said it's not perfect, and that people get way too defensive if you say it's not perfect.

You know, people like you.
>>
>>343525295
>how did the console war even exist?
It didn't, really. The arguments back then were more about game vs game, and which ones were more enjoyable. The N64 was also able to target a slightly different market due to it's 4 control support. The console wars mostly began when xbox entered the scene, as a lot of PC exclusive players who refused to buy PS/N64 were attracted to a microsoft based product. And by this stage, the internet was far more accessible as a platform for fanboys.

We had a PS and N64, and we regularly played both. PS was great for single player content, whereas N64 was better for multiplayer like Smash Bros and Mario Kart.
>>
>>343525892
OoT is bland and has no atmosphere or aesthetic.
>>
I like LTTP & Majora's Mask much more, but OoT is still good.
I have the 3DS remake sitting around collecting dust, maybe I should go play that
>>
>>343525660
Who the fuck lets ANYONE influence their opinions of a game? Even a reviewer? Even your fucking siblings and friends?

If you let yourself be swayed by someone else when it comes to a movie or a game you're pretty useless.
>>
>>343526459
majora's mask is boring and wind waker is insultingly easy, that's why they are worse than ocarina of time. and a lot of people say they never died in ocarina of time so it's easy, but they probably got caught in gerudo fortress, which counts as dying since you can do the whole thing without being seen.
>>
>>343525385
But it is.
Pacing is bad
Art is bad
Only good aong is sephiroths theme.
AERIS DIES is literally meme tier cake is a lie shit
Dialogue is shit.
Gameplay sucks and isn't fun.
>>
>>343526512
>The console wars mostly began when xbox entered the scene
SNES vs. Genesis, dude.
>>
>>343526776
Dude the pirate base in MM makes gerudo fortress look like shit.
>>
>>343525295
i honestly didn't know of some super fancy console war. when i was a kid, i would always go over my friends house and play ps1, we would play Supercross 2000 and gran turismo 2. GOAT games btw. and he would come over my house and play super smash and zelda ocarina. really fun shit. it wasn't a war, it was "our parents are poor and we can only afford one system" dealio
>>
>>343526979
>Aeris Dies

You know, that never really bothered me. I didn't like Aeris. Everyone mentions it was one of the most "shocking moments in video game history" but was it?
>>
>>343526984
SNES vs Genesis is a meme. Nobody cared except their respective marketers.
>>
>>343526776
3D zelda games are pretty easy anyway.
I asked you to leave subjectivity.
>MM is boring
And that's all you could come up with.

You're pretty bad at this ____kid__
>>
>>343526512
Xbox was even more unpopular than Gamecube though. Except in the US alone where Xbox was slightly more popular.

Bottom line: PS2 ruled that gen so much that calling it a console war of any kind is a joke.
>>
>>343527215
Yeah it was pretty shocking but keep in mind we weren't inundated with shit like now but fucking everyone played FF7.
>>
>>343526984
They were competing against each other, yes, but it was still an argument of game vs game. It was nothing like it is today.
>>
>>343527440
>Xbox was even more unpopular than Gamecube though
It's always the minority that makes the most noise.
>>
>>343527242
How the fuck can anyone be this clueless? Sega vs Nintendo was 10 times more fierce than anything Xbox could ever cause.

Now 360 on the other hand was when shit hit the fan. Especially since PS3 had a bad start and Wii sold more than anyone could have imagined. That gen was a haven for console wars shitposting because every platform had a respectable amount of sales for once.
>>
>>343526979
>Only good aong is sephiroths theme.
Aerith's theme is great
>AERIS DIES is literally meme tier cake is a lie shit
gaming community is shit, not the game's fault
>Dialogue is shit.
I disagree, it's great
>Gameplay sucks and isn't fun.
Opinions, turn-based is my shit
>>
>>343527307
i'm not gonna sit here and discuss zelda with someone who considers wind waker a good game. that would be like discussing chess strategy with a checkers player. also i am undoubtedly older than you.
>>
>>343527747
Nice meme.
>>
>>343526296
Maybe it's because i grew up with it, but there's nothing wrong with the controls at all. Camera isn't as bad as other games. You can increase the speed of text boxes, and usual skip all the unimportant ones. Idk how z targeting is bad. And the game doesn't need a dedicated jump button.
>>
>>343527781
>Only good aong is sephiroths theme.
>Aerith's theme is great
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow_4QBhwI5w
>>
>>343528089
Keep shitposting kid, doesn't make you any less clueless.
>>
>>343527913
OoT is barebones as fuck they were just learning how to 3D Wind Waker has an aesthetic right down to its menu sounding like a harp on the wind which is appropriate for the setting it's much better than OoT in fact everything is better than OoT even Twilight Shit. Don't come around here no more.
>>
>>343528361
>I'm an expert I learned all about video game history from old magazine ads
>>
>>343528393
who the fuck cares about aesthetic? gameplay and story is all that matters. and while wind waker may have a good story the gameplay comes up short. and cel shaded graphics are gay as fuck.
>>
>>343528482
Unlike you, I had friends and classmates with a different platform.
>>
>>343528594
Wind Waker has better hookshot better gliding that you can do in more places than just kakariko for one quest better swordplay with more moves and even lets you pick up enemies swords and use it against them a better mode of travel so you're wrong on that count. Also let me tell you aesthetic is important it ties the whole experience together what ties OoT together other than looking and sounding like shit? Have you honestly ever gotten laid in your life.
>>
>>343526069
Is the time management throwing you off? That can trip people up if they never played a game with that sort of mechanic.
>>
>>343525321
>The best combat of any in the series so far
I don't strictly agree with anything in your post but this is a flat-out lie. TP did it better with hidden skills, and despite the motion plus shit from SS the swordplay could actually be fun during mini-boss fights like Stalmaster and Dreadfuse.

But yes, Wind Waker is still pretty great.
>>
>>343529107
a better mode of travel? sailing is easily the worst mode of travel that's ever been in a zelda game. just another case of nintendo trying to fix something that ain't broken. the swordplay is exactly the same as it was in ocarina and majora. and why even bother picking up enemy weapons when you can do more acrobatic moves with your own sword? waste of time. aesthetic doesn't matter to me at all, i can play Crysis one minute and then Zork the next.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.