[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hate Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 16
File: prerec.jpg (46 KB, 350x196) Image search: [Google]
prerec.jpg
46 KB, 350x196
These guys are like the least qualified to have opinions on video games. I mean, both of them have really narrow scopes of games they will even touch, and even then especially Jack doesn't seem to really get the games.

>Rich doesn't play jRPGs because you are just "trading hits"
>but has hundreds of hours logged in FTL

>they think Doom 4 is a faitfhul callback to classic shooters as though Serious Sam and Painkiller did not exist
>and blatantly ignoring the ill-fitting trends like upgrades out the ass and insta-kill moves

>Jack uploading that ridiuclously pointless "is rolling faster???" testing something that has already been patently known, tested, and applied thousands of times in various Zelda speedrun videos that litter the internet

Listening to them sounds like two old guys who haven't played anything that came out after 2000 and then found out they can make money reviewing games.

But it's fun to watch Rich's streams if he plays a turn-based strategy game with perma-death. Which he's good at. And seems to be all he does.
>>
Jack is like the appearance of Rich in the HitB Super review. He has opinions for all the wrong reasons.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR2Lq5Na3SM
>>
The worst thing is that they refuse to accept that difficulty is linked to the fun of a game.

The play games on easy like tlou, alien, and u4 and then complain that they are too casual.
>>
I'm generally fine with PreRec, but their Shovel Knight "review"/whatever was really, really painful for me to watch. They spent the whole time just thinking "is dis a gud gaem if you don't remember nitendy???" without ever arriving into any real conclusion. Seriously what? What about the GAME you fucks?
>>
File: JayBauman.png (69 KB, 200x280) Image search: [Google]
JayBauman.png
69 KB, 200x280
i sure as shit aint reading all of that but yes

they don't know a lot

Rich is stuck in his ways, he pretty much just likes Xcom

Jack likes games like risk of rain and showering with ur dad.

But i like to see it as just another RLM video for the week. If we didn't have these shitty vids there would be no risk of Jack, and pretty much a 1 week wait between HitBs. So its better than nothing.
>>
>>343521435
It's a valid argument.
Is it a good game if you have no nostalgia for Megaman 2 and Zelda II?
>>
>>343521491
risk of Jay*

because sometimes Jay shows up

Mike just sits in the car staring at his watch.
>>
They arent good but they got the right idea.
A show like theirs with actually knowledgeable videogame people that have good opinions would be really good.
>>
>>343521571
Yep.
>>
File: 1446666111571.png (647 KB, 618x618) Image search: [Google]
1446666111571.png
647 KB, 618x618
Here's some random fun facts about Jack
>Plays every game exclusively with a gamepad
>Never touched PC games until TF2 became available on mac
>Claims to loathe cutscenes and story focused "games", while at the same time loving Firewatch of all things
>Thinks that piracy is literally stealing
>Was in favor of paid mods and didn't get why people complained about them so much
>Thinks that internet anonymity is a bad thing and that people should have to use their real name
>>
>>343521589
I hope Mike never pretends to like vidya, that would suck.

But they should focus on more WHEEL of the worst. Vanilla is kinda shitty. It's just E movies with Rich having autistic fits.
>>
>>343521647
The Super Best Friends know their shit, and even when I disagree with their opinions, I can alway follow their arguments.
>>
>>343521571
It's a valid question but not something you need to dwell on for 15 minutes. Especially at the expense of everything else. They don't cover the gameplay at all and, like I said, they never even arrive into any real conclusion wether or not the game is good with or without the nostalgia. Spoiler: it is.
>>
>>343522013
I thought they just did lets plays
>>
>>343522035
The point was that the kids liked it.
They even did extracurricular activities based on the game, like drawing Shovel Knight pictures.
>>
>>343522134
Mostly, yes, but they analyze and explain what makes games good/bad, especially when they really love the game.

Put a bird on it!
>>
>>343521571
I think Zelda2 is garbage and Shovelknight is dope as fuck.
>>
>>343521657
god what a fucking lowlife
>>
>>343521589
LINK ME TO AN EPISODE OF VIDYA TRASH WITH JAY ON IT
I NEED TO SEE MY GOOD FRIEND
>>
>>343522275
Pat loves and hates Silent Hill games, so it's a joy to have him explain why they are great or they suck shit while he suffers through them.
>>
>>343522352
wtf akairot does new faces now? or is it just cause it's turned to the side?
>>
>>343521657
You forgot
>named his son MYSON
>>
File: 0963 - vau6Xw1.png (171 KB, 326x326) Image search: [Google]
0963 - vau6Xw1.png
171 KB, 326x326
>>343519872
why make this thread if a new prerec isn't even out?
at least /tv/ only talks about RLM when there's a new episode out
A lot of what Jack and Rich say is utter bullshit but I like watching them.
I think I'm the only non-redditor that likes Jack more than beardfat. I can't stand that autistic fathead.
>>
>>343522730
That's an older image.
He kinda does, I don't care regardless.
>>
>>343523073
I drastically prefer Rich's opinions but he can't present them for shit. Jack is at least clear with his poor taste.
>>
>>343522846
>Not Mywifeson
For shame
>>
File: 1402801908977.png (140 KB, 460x374) Image search: [Google]
1402801908977.png
140 KB, 460x374
>>343519872
They just don't seem to play many games and whenever I listen to them I feel like I am more knowledgeable(and I am not very knowledgeable) about most stuff pertaining to vidya.
>>
>>343519872
>least qualified to have opinions on video games
better than 80% of the staffs of kotaku, rps, polygon, destructoid, and vice.

they are shit, they have shit opinions, and they are not entertaining.

stop viraling for them if you hate them
>>
>>343519872
>a turn-based strategy game with perma-death
Best taste.
>>
>>343522352
www.twitch*tv/previouslyrecorded_live/v/75316052
>>
They're great, watching them shit on Uncharted 4 and the resulting internet meltdown was fantastic, and their stream of the Order was fucking hilarious
>>
File: 1466748023869.png (211 KB, 524x546) Image search: [Google]
1466748023869.png
211 KB, 524x546
>>343519872
Rich is alright. He likes what he likes and that's it. I know that if he plays some random modern third person shooter he's not gonna like it.
He's reliably predictable and never really says shit I think is super outrageous, or at least nothing I wouldn't expect of him.

Jack is the fucking worst though. Jack's expectations change every single second based on whatever mongoloid article he just read on Kotaku.

>I hate cutscenes!
>Why do I have to listen to dialogue?
>This RPG sucks, it's slow and there's no gameplay!
>God Rich Evans you're a fucking faggot for liking XCOM
>I hate Stardew Valley because there's no shooting!

Then he plays Firewatch and thinks it's the greatest fucking thing of all time.
He'll wear his Firewatch shirt while talking shit on Superhot.
He'll wear his Firewatch shirt while saying Stardew Valley is boring.
He'll wear his Firewatch shirt while praising how great it is that the new Doomguy never listens to the walkie talkie guy who tells you the plot.
Even fucking Rich calls him out on this bullshit and he doesn't even care.

Jack ruins PreRec the same way he ruins Half in the Bag and Best of the Worst, by being a terminally unfunny balding cunt, though at least on PreRec Rich will call him out on his fucking shit.
>>
>>343519872
They're casuals who think they know a lot of about video games just because they're a pair of oldfags who been around since the NES days and decorated their room with pixel art.
>>
>>343519872
yeah, they're terrible, but besides matthewmatosis there aren't any other people talking about video games that are even close to being as interesting as they are.

also, if you watch the live streams with jay, it's just a good podcast.
>>
>>343519872
This is some autism.
>>
The problem is that too many people confuse game design with filmmaking. Especially those guys. I love em anyway though.
>>
>>343519872
Found the salty Sonygger

>b-but MUH MOVIES

fucking top kek
>>
>>343524246
I've seen somebody play firewatch all the way through and I've played superhot. Superhot is absolutely atrocious and firewatch is better.
Firewatch is still utter shite of course.
>>
File: jay star trek.gif (3 MB, 294x233) Image search: [Google]
jay star trek.gif
3 MB, 294x233
>Sonic is the most overrated game of all time because I don't know how to spindash
>>
>>343519872
>>and blatantly ignoring the ill-fitting trends like upgrades out the ass and insta-kill moves
oh for fuck's sake
>>
>>343524373
>, but besides matthewmatosis there aren't any other people talking about video games that are even close to being as interesting as they are.
Bunnyhop is good
>>
>>343524246
Jack's not that bad in HitB, I mean generally he's pretty bad, but even he has his moments.
Josh on the other hand...

>>343524615
>filename
I wish Mike would talk about Star Trek more often just so we can get Jay's reaction.
>>
>>343521797
Sometimes I doubt the wheel movies are truly chosen randomly.
>>
>>343524615
I actually agreed with them until I went back and played five minutes of those games now that I'm not a small child.

They're really, really not hard.
>>
>>343519872
>These guys are like the least qualified to have opinions on video games.
Said on a board whose average user wasn't even alive during the golden age of gaming.
>>
>following mainstream media coverage
>not small youtube channels that put a lot of effort into their little youtube videos
i wish all these big sites would just die already.
they never cater to my taste.
And i don't think normies would look up videogame websites.
so i never know who their content is made for.
>>
>>343524741
Jack's been getting better lately but for the longest time the second he opened his mouth it was the end of the joke. All fucking fun was over.
I swear to god whenever the joke was "we're going to all sit around looking awkward about what was just said" you could see Jack making what he thought was the funniest face in the world and start cracking up and fucking it all up.
>>
File: 1465338557885.png (105 KB, 540x243) Image search: [Google]
1465338557885.png
105 KB, 540x243
>Rich doesn't play jRPGs because you are just "trading hits"
>his favorite game is XCOM

This makes no sense
>>
>>343519872
>These guys are like the least qualified to have opinions on video games
You can apply this to a lot of youtubers out there.
One of the worst I can think of is that game grumps guy who said 3D zelda games are shit and are designed wrong, and then he does a wind waker playthrough where he flounders through the whole thing like a retarded five year old baby despite having a walkthrough open the entire time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp7f_nCKfFw
This is DSP's playthrough of the same game just for comparison.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaLyXgHcbec
>>
>>343524997

if you're trading hits in Xcom you probably suck at xcom
>>
>>343524997
he hates jrpgs really because he hates japanese culture. rich and jack are incredibly biased and rarely play anything japanese (besides platinum games, which are games made by westaboos)

jack likes anime though but rich has claimed to have never seen one anime.
>>
>>343524997
maybe he enjoys the extra depth all of the facets of xcom's gameplay provides over JRPGs.
>>
wtf makes someone "qualified" to talk about games. Hey guess what if you play games you are qualified to talk about them
>>
>>343524925
I agree, he tries to play himself up as some lanky clown but just comes off as forced and unfunny.

Like you said, he's been okay lately.
Maybe he'll fall back into his old antics but we'll see.
>>
For the few I watched I thought they had very good points. For the Shovel Knight episode they even acknowledged the issue if its just nostalgia making people like the game and tested it on with a kid to see. And at least they aren't afraid to openly shit on a game if that's how they feel about it. The uncharted 4 episode was great.
>>
File: dracula face.jpg (42 KB, 230x223) Image search: [Google]
dracula face.jpg
42 KB, 230x223
>>343522013
>The Super Best Friends know their shit

wew

they know about some games but most of the time they're just onoxious retards like every other LPer
>>
I just like the short fat guy who laughs like a gremlin. And taller fat guy who's without a doubt Jewish. And skinnyish but not bald guy who is also probably Jewish.

Lankystrangeman scares me in the same way an overly friendly schoolteacher does.

Fatmcbeardman probably deserves more recognition.
>>
PreRec are only good when they're playing through Cinematic games since they tend to see through the blatantly scripted shit (unless it's Arkham Creed combat)

anything else is unwatchable since they're both awful at real video games
>>
>>343525167
>made by westaboos
Every single cultural creation of japan made after the second world war is west worship
>>
Mhm mhm. Mhmhmhmhmhm.
>>
>>343524997
comparing xcom to jrpgs is like comparing starcraft to clash of clans or something similar
>>
>>343521571

Yes because I hate Zelda 2 and I have no childhood nostalgia for Ducktales or Megaman 2. I didn't play those games until my teens. SK can be judged on its own merits.
>>
>>343524331
Rich actually does know shit about the very limited number of games he's good at. Although even then he tends to jump the gun sometimes

>Snipers in XCOM2 are underpowered
>I never used jetpacks in the first XCOM
>>
File: 140269852886.jpg (237 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
140269852886.jpg
237 KB, 1024x768
>>343525431
>taller fat guy
>without a doubt Jewish
>>
>>343524246

the shit is Firewatch and why is it bad?
>>
>>343525579
>>Snipers in XCOM2 are underpowered
Compared to what they were in the first game they definitely are.
>>
>>343524496
Their views on video games are actually pretty regressive. They refuse to call anything a game if it is story focused and the gameplay plays a supplementary role. Although Jack inexplicably loves Firewatch because he's a moron.
>>
>>343522013
Their Silent Hill Homecoming playthrough was fucking atrocious. Sure he "hates" the game like a 'good' fan, but it's fucking boring watching him suck ass at it and rant and rave about the most superficial shit. Not sure which of them was the loudmouth during this play, but holy shit how cringy.

It was really no better than Arin's bullshit during the Game Grumps OoT play.
>>
>>343524749
No, no, no anon the wheel is clearly the most fair means yet devised for distributing shit VHS moviefilms

I'm too damn lazy to sift through all the episodes to find them blatantly cheating as jokes, anyone have webms?
>>
>>343525479
i don't know if you're actually serious man. the 50's-70's were the time that japan took in the world culturally (look at the formation of anime, heavily disney influenced onto tezuka onto world masterpiece theater) but past this period japan is creating heavily original works that are very culturally japanese.
>>
>>343524825
>said a faggot who wasn't alive during the times of Shakespeare

Who allowed you to communicate in writing?
>>
>>343525813
I've seen a few where they blatantly cheat, but I just have the suspicion that every selection is scripted.

They should also try more ways to randomize their selections for variety, like Plinketto.
>>
>>343525178
Go back to playing FTL, Rich.
>>
>>343525737
It's a short walking simulator where you get friendzoned by your walkie-talkie buddy while you investigate a story that seems like it may be interesting halfway through but ends up really disappointing. Has a fairly pretentious and distinct art style but is overall okay.

>>343525813
I know they straight up chose exploding varmints out of its specific wheel episode.

>>343525658
>Mike 'Third Reich' Stoklasa
>Jay 'What did you think, Mike?' Bauman
>>
File: 1456103270684.jpg (389 KB, 1284x980) Image search: [Google]
1456103270684.jpg
389 KB, 1284x980
>>343526118
very nice rebuttal
four stars
>>
I tend the disagree with a lot of the shit they say but I still somewhat respect them more then the average reviewer just because they aren't afraid of stating their opinions and calling someone shit, even if it's for dumb reasons.

In a world where an 8/10 is the average it's a breath of fresh air to just see someone to be actually be honest and admit to not liking something even if the fanbase behind the game is rabid and will witch hunt anyone that thinks their favorite game deserves anything less then a 10/10.
>>
>>343524997
The thing is, I can't think of any jRPGs that are just about "trading hits" except maybe Pokémon, but even those games are about minimizing your own losses while doing more damage to your enemy. You know, like FTL.
But generally the most basic jRPGs revolve around maintaing a strategy that lets you negate critical debuffs and heal yourself while attacking. It's not about just trading hits, it's about staying at full health as much as possible.
>>
>>343526082
What I've always thought they did was actually select movies at random, but film themselves watching them first then film the wheel picking those movies at "random" and script the jokes/gags they do before heading off to watch.
>>
>>343525658
That's a fun photogimmy. Taller fat guy still looks and sounds like a Yid.

I'm actually surprised that I like them as much as I do. Their Best of the Worst/Wheel of/Plinketto are easily the best.
>>
>>343526610
Plinkett Star Wars will always be the best
>>
>>343525224
Sounds like you only watched their Machinima videos.
>>
File: 1462230432021.jpg (61 KB, 850x1035) Image search: [Google]
1462230432021.jpg
61 KB, 850x1035
>>343519872
And /v/ is more qualified? These guys may have awful opinions, but at least the express them. On here, if you post any opinion at all, you'll get 10 ebin reaction faces, 3 guys calling you an autist or saying to kill yourself with nothing else to their post, and maybe one guy actually telling you why you're wrong. I don't even give a shit if you disagree with me. I just want you to argue like an actual adult instead of just labeling anything you don't like as gay and making a funny face.
>>
>>343525740
>in the first game they were overpowered which means they are underpowered now durr hurr hurr
>>
>>343519872
It's a videogame equivalent of your coworker showing you a funny cat picture from 2009
>>
File: 1415643046981.jpg (20 KB, 379x279) Image search: [Google]
1415643046981.jpg
20 KB, 379x279
>>343526995
we're not talking about /v/ though you cunt dragon, don't derail the thread
>>
>>343527112
This is an off topic e-celeb thread anyway. Besides, glass houses. It would be like you people making fun of some fat, sweaty nerd you saw in gamestop, despite that being most of you.
>>
>>343526995

AIDSmoby pls go and stay go
>>
>>343526995
kill yourself gay autist :^)
>>
>>343527227
>you people
brother, you're in here with us
and none of this makes PreRec not shit, so have another go if you want
>>
>>343526995

/v/ shouldn't even be in the conversation, 4chan has the absolute worst opinions on everything
>>
>>343519872
They should stick to movie reviews, even still Rich Evans has shit taste in film. They have the shitest taste in vidya it's a shame they're so cancerous because red letter media is great.
>>
I haven't watched them in a while. After watching their Firewatch video I don't think I'll bother coming back again because of how awful Jack is.
Everything they did with The Order was pretty great though.
>>
>>343526082
they have blatantly cheated in front of the camera once or twice but i'm convinced the rest were legit.

They equated to shitty episodes and they just seem to let it be like 'it is what it is'.

Think of the Shoji one. They had to watch 5 hours of that shit. Everyone was almost asleep and then Shoji comes out and is a terrible stuttering moron. It was godlike. I guess his violin or whatever was ok though. My point is anything they pick is going to be shitty, i don't think they are scripting it.
>>
File: 1441554546171.gif (1023 KB, 265x260) Image search: [Google]
1441554546171.gif
1023 KB, 265x260
>rich evans won't play vampire bloodlines because "there's no way an rpg about vampires can be good"
>>
>>343527934
>anything they pick is going to be shitty
The osteoporosis dance was pure art
>>
File: Doubtful mandrill.png (171 KB, 508x555) Image search: [Google]
Doubtful mandrill.png
171 KB, 508x555
>>343524246
>I know that if he plays some random modern third person shooter he's not gonna like it.
Rich loves Vanquish tho.
>>
>>343524749
Do you really want to get exciting about a new BoTW only to see it's another Dunkin donuts training video?
>>
>>343528175
>15 straight minutes of "we're going to hell" old people jokes

Mike was like a kid in a candy store.
>>
>>343521589
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOdgtCemWj8
>>
>>343528263
Vanquish doesn't count as a random modern third person shooter though, let's be real. I don't even like third person shooters and I like Vanquish.
>>
>>343521435
The fuck are you talking about?

They loved the game.
They asked whether or not their enjoyment was due to nostalgia.
They tested the game with some children who don't have any nostalgia.
The children loved it.
>>
Jack and Josh are easily the worst parts of RLM. The problem with Pre Rec is that when they're right, they knock it out of the park, but then they follow it up with four incomprehensibly bad videos. Jack is the show's weakest link and their clear bias against Japanese games shows. The Dragon's Dogma video was a cringefest because of how fucking retarded Aidsmoby was. They claim to want games that embody what previous generations did but then they gawk over Firewatch (at least Rich had the balls to shit on it) and ignore everything that isn't indie or AAA. They're generally fine on BotW and HitB except Aidsmoby is just bad in any context.

The best way to sum up PR is that it's frustrating. They have the potential to be great but constantly get held back by bias.
Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.