[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bastion Worst Hero
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 25
File: latest-4.jpg (60 KB, 593x604) Image search: [Google]
latest-4.jpg
60 KB, 593x604
Bastion seriously needs fucking help. He's not a crutch against noobs anymore and everyone and their mom knows how to counter him and he has zero chance functioning on his own. Yeah of course you have a team but in pubs every character needs to have some semblance of being self sufficient outside support characters (and even then that doesn't matter to Lucio). If his only usefulness lies behind a Reinhart shield then he needs his shield back and rebalanced. Or more armor or something. He is useless as he is now.
>>
yeay more overwatch threads ahah
>>
>>343518882
Why do you even like him?
>>
>>343518882
>He's not a crutch against noobs anymore and everyone and their mom knows how to counter him
So stop relying on crutches rather than skill and just play him differently, retard.
>>
>>343519120
Simple fun concept.

Plus all characters have the right to at least be sufficient.
>>
>>343518882
It's called positioning
>But what if they find me?!
Get up and move
>But what if someone is coming towards me outside of turret mode?!
Right click. Your primary weapon has great damage and is very useful.
>His repair ability doesn't do enough!!
You use it when the fight dies down, it is not a "fix everything" button
>>
>>343518882
you just need to learn to play him properly and not just assume you can sit in one spot all game holding m1 and win, you need to find new surprising spots after every couple of kills so that they wont expect you
>>
>>343519789
This. Also combined with a Rein he can still be quite damaging
>>
>>343520267
>It's a "protect the president!" episode
>your team won't change to any of their counters
Bizzard needs to add some kind of feature that gets people to actually switch heroes, YOU'RE NOT LOCKED IN TO YOUR DECISION FUCKING PICK A DIFFERENT HERO
>>
>>343519789
>weapon skins
waht
>>
>>343518882
He still has his uses
He's good for defending when they're just meters away from delivering the payload and you don't have to do much running to get set up
No matter how good the team, you can usually pick off at least one person before they kill you
>>
I don't play Bastion but I really wonder why people think Bastion is in this magical space of the world where he doesn't have to aim as much as the other heroes
>>
>>343519789
>Right click
Wait. What does his right click in mobile mode do?
>>
>>343520267
Point's already been made that he needs to have some sort of funcationally on his own without Reinhart.

>>343519517
I didn't say he needed to be a crutch character but he's not the OP powerhouse people thought he was back in the beta. In fact he's easily one of those worst heroes in the game. He gets shredded by anyone in seconds and we're not even talking Genji. Literally anyone.
>>
>>343519789
Oh, and if you have a Mercy buffing/healing you
Don't stop shooting to heal yourself when you get to 50% hp
>>
>>343520635
>Point's already been made that he needs to have some sort of funcationally on his own without Reinhart

Oh yeah my bad.
>>
>>343520470
They came with the competitive update

See that purple number? That's the new currency you get only for winning a competitive match.
You get 1 point per win.
You need 300 fucking wins to get a single weapon skin
>>
>>343520579
Nothing. In either mode. Not sure what he meant.
>>
>>343520579
>>343519789
left click*
>>
>>343518882
I've seen some ranked games with people doing weird strats with him. Mei boosting him in spots on control point you wouldn't expect is sorta fun.
>>
>>343520554
300 bullets can be fired without reloading. Point in general enemy vicinity and fire. They will die before you because your dps > theirs and because you don't have to reload.
>>
>>343518882
His ability to self heal means he's got tremendous harass power in a defensive role, but he's extremely weak solo.

I team up with a guy who likes to play bastion. I go tracer and to the annoying ranged harass shit that tracer can do, then I'll bait them into chasing me into a kill-zone with the bastion. It's disgusting how often people will completely ignore a bastion or even a torb turret to chase after a tracer that's been doing nothing but harassment.

People above braindead-tier but below "not shit" tier MMRs tend to ignore bastions because bastion's a noob character, right? Then they bitch and whine after the match when bastion gets POTG for mowing down four idiots chasing a tracer around the point. The sad part is it keep working even after people fall for it.
>>
He can still easily murder everything. People playing as him just need to learn to get up and move after a few kills
>>
Turret champs are cancer, no skill involved. Nothing sweeter than blocking a bastion to death with genji either.
>>
>>343521414

Nothing sweeter than baiting a Genji into blowing their wad early and getting railed
>>
>>343519789
Bastion is one of, if not the most underpicked heroes in competetive meta. Your bullshit talking points don't mean anything, he isn't as viable as you'd like to pretend. I pick him and do well too, that doesn't mean he's good, it just means regular people you play against are trash.
>>
>>343521623
>HE IS BAD BECAUSE I SAID SO!!!
Let me guess, d.va and zenyatta are also bad?
>>
>>343521862
>THEY ARE GOOD BECAUSE I SAID SO!!!
Meanwhile every player worth a damn can counter all three of those easily.
>>
>>343518882
Bastion is fucking fun when you get some one cooperate with you.

>Play match and ask someone to shield me.
When pretty much pubstomp everyone.

I wish i had a PC decent enough to play it on pc, the console version of the game is kinda bad.
>>
>>343522117
And those counters are as follows
>Kill them
Every single hero in the game can be killed just as easily as the next, what separates the men from the boys is how they're played, and you my friend are a boy while I am a man.
Bastion has his time and place, no amount of telling me how "bad" he is is going to make me play him badly.

You wanna know what "every player worth a damn" also thinks?
That McCree was over powered

Isn't it funny how a "scrub" like me is infinitely a better player than "every player worth a damn"?

But no that can't be true, if that were true then that would mean your baseless assumptions that you listen to because you're shit at the game would be wrong, so it's best to scream as loud as you can and plug your ears and until the mean people go away.
>>
>>343521623
>>343522117
>EVERY OVERWATCH MATCH IS COMPETITIVE
Shut up fag

That being said, playing in pugs, I feel like our team is gimped if we dont have a Torb
>>
>>343521862
Uh yeah. They fucking are.
D.va: she feeds alts, she's a shit tank, headshot zone the size of Texas, is better as Zero Suit Hana, can't kill anyone, too slow to kill anyone, has no alt-fire, worst damage fall off in the game, is a waste and detriment to your team on any game type or map.

Zenyatta: was the only character not picked a single time in a recent comparative event. Sure he's got ridiculous offensive prowess as a glass cannon but he's a thinnest glass ever to exist. He can only heal one character at a time but doesn't have the mobility that Mercy has. He's too slow and too weak. If he's going to be that squishy he needs to be faster like Tracer and Genji. Also the line of sight rule needs to be either removed or adjusted. In his current state it's difficult for him to stay on the front lines. Save for the offensive gods that some people manage to play him has but isn't his intended purpose.
>>
Always remember with bastion when you kill people you have about 10 seconds before you need to get up and start finding a new position or you'll definitely be killed.
>>
>>343520867
>200*
>>
>>343522624
On defense, right? Don'tell me you're one of those people who pick him on attack outside of KotH.
>>
>>343522584
>Every single hero in the game can be killed just as easily as the next
no that is not true at all, that is why you need a team comp.
for instance soldier 76 cant do much to a reinhart but tracer can, reinhart cant take out an elevated torb turret where pharah is the counter for turrets.
it is like a paper, scissors, rock situation with most chars.
>>
>>343518882
I'm not saying that you have to get good

but get good
>>
>>343522624
>I feel like our team is gimped if we dont have a Torb
I feel the same on defence, that turret locks down chokes and puts the enemy focus in 1 direction
>>
Make him tank
Shittier shield than Reinhardt but can move and shoot
Damage nerf
>>
>>343522636
>she's a shit tank
Aaaand post invalidated, thanks for playing the "Am I shit or not?" gameshow, but unfortunately you are the loser and that means you don't win anything.

Anyone who has a human brain instead of a hamster running on a wheel knows that D.va is not a front line tank like reinhardt/roadhog/zarya

>thinnest glass ever to exist
Zenyatta can survive a lot more than you know.
>He can only heal one character at a time but doesn't have the mobility that Mercy has
Which is countered by his long heal range.
>In his current state it's difficult for him to stay on the front lines.
Probably because HE'S NOT A FRONT LINE HEALER, what part of ALL THIS RANGE did not clue you in on how to play him properly?

I eat people like you for breakfest, you don't give two thoughts about anything, you see "support" and assume everyone plays the same.

I bet you're one of those retards who thinks Lucio is good for every team comp and situation

>>343523106
>"no that is not true at all"
>goes on to say it's completely true
>>
File: mercyme.jpg (416 KB, 987x812) Image search: [Google]
mercyme.jpg
416 KB, 987x812
>>343520453
>defending hollywood
>bastion/rein/mercy(me) set up on the balcony straight ahead of the first choke-archway
>enemy comp can't do shit
>finally lob 3+ ults up at us at the same time
>mfw I survive & rez
>>
>>343523549
>not a front-line tank
Then what do you do with her
>>
>>343518882
No stationary assets should be present in the game. Not bastion, not torbs turret, not even symmetras. It's an already slow moving game, and that just slows it down more.
>>
just reduce his turret form damage and give him a small movement speed while he is in turret form
>>
>>343523723
You go around the map protecting your team and flanking the unlucky.
>things getting too hot for you
Fly out of there, nothing they can do to stop you
>some big projectile ult is going off
defense matrix that shit
>your whoever is off to flank the enemy team
Protect their asses
>some guy with 20 health is getting away
Sprinkle them
>>
>>343523953
Bitch do you even know what thread you're in?
This isn't retard hugbox general, this is a discussion on how to play bastion because there are people who think he's shit.

Talking about nerfing bastion in a thread where people think he's shit makes you look like a gigantic retard.
>>
>>343523549
>Tank class
>not a Tank

Aaaaand post invalidated. Fucking idiot.

Also
>I eat people like you for breakfast

You're one edgy nigger, I'll give you that, but still a fucking nigger.
>>
>>343524318
Symetra is support class, but I'm sure you don't play her the same as Lucio or Mercy.
>>
File: D.Va smack smack.webm (3 MB, 840x472) Image search: [Google]
D.Va smack smack.webm
3 MB, 840x472
>>343518882
>>
>>343524528
But she still fucking supports
>>
>>343524318
Your brain must automatically filter out words that hurt your feelings or something, because I never said she wasn't a tank
>>
>>343518882
he counters tanks, what's the problem?
>>
>>343524927
The problem is OP doesn't know how to get out of turret mode
>>
Turn more of his health into armor maybe?
>>
>>343524629
>D.va is not a front line tank like reinhardt/roadhog/zarya

There is only one kind of tank and that's frontline. She's meant to draw fire not be a only slightly more bulky flanker like Tracer and Genji.
>>
>>343525156
Yeah a tank that doesn't belong in the front is like a support that's not supposed to help their team
>>
>>343525156
I assume you think Winston is front line? If so you are a shitter. Winston and D.Va are rear line disruptive tanks. Both of their ults are based on disruption instead of kills
>>
>>343523549
autism
>>
File: 1458695852532.jpg (13 KB, 250x240) Image search: [Google]
1458695852532.jpg
13 KB, 250x240
>>343524609
>consoles.webm
>>
>>343525269
It's PC
>>
I'm high rank. No one plays bastion. They try on the first point, we destroy it. Doesn't matter if theres a rein and mercy on him.
>>
>>343525156
>There is only one kind of tank and that's frontline.
Which is where you're wrong, because neither Winston nor D.va are front line tanks.
>>
File: 1466252066790.png (89 KB, 479x350) Image search: [Google]
1466252066790.png
89 KB, 479x350
>>343523549
>Probably because HE'S NOT A FRONT LINE HEALER
>needs to maintain line of sight on allies AND enemies to do his job
>ult requires him to be right on top of his allies to do ANYTHING
>not a front-liner
lmao
everyone agrees Zen is shit right now because his design is so fucking bipolar and discord isn't a powerful enough boon to make him worth picking for just that
You'd might as well pick another 76 since he has better damage, better health, and nearly as good heals as Zen (if teammates actually fight on the fucking beacon)
>>
>>343524108
im talking about changing a completely unviable characher that only works on the 1st push of the enemy team
>>
>>343525156
>has boosters meant for closing the distance
>defensive matrix only lasts a few seconds
>500 health is nothing against sustained fire, even if 400 is armor
>cannons have the damage of a wet fart at any range
D.Va is clearly meant for rushing down specific threats and killing them quickly, not protecting the entire team's front line like Reinhardt.
>>
>>343525595
I'd say D.Va is for acting like a tracer, drawing fire through distraction cause her cooldowns on her flight ability is ridiculously low something like 2 seconds flight time 4 seconds cooldown.
>>
>>343525247
>>343525498
There are plenty of characters that are in wrong categories. They're just two of them. Only difference is that even Winston with the tickle gun is a better tank than D.va.

The only true tanks are Reinhart and Gutterhog
>>
>>343523549
just came into this thread to say that you type like a faggot
>>
>>343525507
Solider 76 ult doesn't win games.
>>
>>343526427
Any ult can win a game. Situationally.

That's a silly statement, anon.
>>
>>343526427
>gun down the mercy
>gun down the junkrat
>gun down the widow
>team mates mop up and cap
>>
>>343525507
>>needs to maintain line of sight on allies AND enemies to do his job
he can easily do this from the back because of his HUGE range
>ult requires him to be right on top of his allies to do ANYTHING
It's more of an "oh fuck" button than anything, use it to stop that genji/whoever from killing you

Did your team forget honesty? Run into that clusterfuck and ult, no one's going to die

Honestly it's not that hard to learn when and where you should be, you need to stop thinking that every hero is a one trick pony, because zenyatta has multiple tricks you really need to see.
>everyone agrees Zen is shit right now
Only bad players
>discord isn't a powerful enough boon to make him worth picking for just that
Becuase you pick Zenyatta for the whole defense support package, not just this or that

Zenyatta works best as a defensive support, you stand in the back dishing out damage and healing, tanks get SHREDDED if they're discorded which will more than not force the enemy team to back off because their tank(s) just got raped to death.

>>343525991
>Winston with the tickle gun
It's shit like this that tells me you're playing heroes wrong, like I said to the guy above, you need to stop treating everyone like a one trick pony, these miniature horses know how to do a lot more than you think they do.

Winston does a LOT of damage over time and it's super hard to escape even if just for a moment.
He counters slippery heroes really well and it goes through reinhardt's shield
>>
>>343526589
>go to gun them down
>they move behind cover
>>
>>343526427

Autoaiming highly mobile squishies has won me many games.
>>
File: 1407949753426.jpg (28 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1407949753426.jpg
28 KB, 512x384
>>343518882
>choose bastion
>literally everyone in the team is now screaming at you the whole game to change
>the game is now dependent on the bastion player
>alone in a corner or hotspot waiting for victims
>have more than 4 counterpicks
>get two-shotted by tankbusters
>get anally annihilated by everything and anything from a mile away
>lose match
>get blocked by everyone in the game including the enemies

I-I'll just stick to playing zarya and mccree
>>
>>343526767
I know exactly how Winston works. I'm a successful Winston myself.

That doesn't change the fact that the tickle gun is his primary weapon.

Did you know that you can understand exactly how something works and use it well but you can still recognize its flaws? Sometimes glaring ones?

I don't care how good a D.va you are. If you don't think she's in the shit you're in denial.
>>
>>343526918
>they're now away from the objective
>your flankers can now take care of them easily while they're in enclosed spaces avoiding your ult
>>
>>343527027
ranked?
>>
>>343526767
>>everyone agrees Zen is shit right now
>Only bad players

Lol so every esports team right? Fuck you retards say some stupid shit, he was literally picked ZERO times in the latest overwatch invitational, ZERO. No one plays zenyatta and expects to win.
>>
>>343527168
>>
>>343525991
Even Roadhog isn't a true tank because he has no method of damage mitigation beyond his self-heal. He dies quickly against sustained fire and can't reliably defend his allies.
>>
>>343518882
>fast self heal
>decent dps with his handheld gun
>in-fucking-sane dps with his turret
>can turn into a turret mid air
>can turn into his turret in less than a second
>probably best offensive ult which heals him to full health and one shots everyone but a tank and two shots them
You are just bad OP. It is easy to do well with him and he is still good on defense if you don't just sit in one place
Play him like a sniper. Move after every kill or sighting.
>>
>>343527105
If you were a successful winston then you'd know he doesn't have a tickle gun.

>>343527140
>Everything is going to go perfectly 100% because that's how it plays out in my head

>>343527216
>Lol so every esports team right? Fuck you retards say some stupid shit, he was literally picked ZERO times in the latest overwatch invitational, ZERO. No one plays zenyatta and expects to win.
THIS GAME CAME OUT A FEW MONTHS AGO
Just because these people have BIG NAMES doesn't mean they're the authority on the game

For fuck sake they were picking TWO MCCREES ON BOTH TEAMS EVERY GAME because they FELT like he was over powered.
>>
A surprise Bastion pick rotation can be useful every once in awhile, especially depending on the lineup (if there's two Genjis and a Zarya, don't fucking bother).

Unlike Mei who is just pure trash.
>>
>>343525507

>Últ requires you to be near

This. He is ult should be an orb that he attaches to a teammate. That's it, his ult alone would make him a solid support.
>>
>>343527489
He dies to two hits, one hit from widow, get a fucking grip, you're not some god with zenyatta, post your fuckin stats so we can all laugh at you you piece of shit. Rank 20 shitter detected.
>>
>>343525991
Zarya is a tank retard. Her entire kit is about blocking damage. And she doesn't just draw aggro like rienhardt she actually blocks real damage that would hurt other players.
>>
>>343527489
>For fuck sake they were picking TWO MCCREES ON BOTH TEAMS EVERY GAME because they FELT like he was over powered.

He was overpowered you retard he had no damage fall off and could kill everyone in one rmb.
>>
>>343527550
mei is good for rushers.
we had two mei's for defense after a sudden death pick on hanamura and they pushed back the enemy by miles and it went really easy
>>
>>343527623
To be honest I forgot about her.

She's pretty tight.
>>
>>343525991
Winston's gun is really fucking good. Can pretty much obliterate any squishy character like genji, widow, tracer, even mcCree.
He charges up his ult super fast and especially on a koth map with death pits, has one of the best ults in the game.

Also his shield kicks ass
>>
>>343527489
But that's true. If nothing else a McCree and Soldier ult can be used for some zoning.
>>
>>343527550
>unlike Mei who is pure trash
Lol. No one has better zone control in this game than Mei. If you disagree with this fact you are retarded.
>but n-n-no one picks her
>h-h-her win rate is low
>>
Why was McCree considered overpowered anyway?

You could just kill him outside his flashbang range.
>>
he doesn't need help, he needs to be removed from the game.
>>
>>343518882
>Bastion Worst Hero
so don't play him. and when the devs see a significantly low pick rate for the hero, they might do something about it. why bother wasting energy by whining here?
>>
>>343528083
only shitters are triggered by basedtion
>>
>>343527995
Because one fan could kill literally every non-tank, and fan->roll->fan could kill literally everyone, and that's in addition to his primary fire being very good for mid-range sniping.
>>
>>343527995
His flashbang wasn't the problem
He had the most DPS in the entire game. He did more fucking damage than bastion in less than 1 second. He killed anything that wasn't an ulting winston. If you don't think that's broken you are an idiot.
>>
>>343527995
Overwatch maps are the physical manifestation of chokepoint
>>
>>343527995
see >>343527731
>>
>>343527610
>FUCK FUCK FUCK WHERE'S MY RETORT? OH GOD OOH GOOOD!!!!! Wait a second, I'll just call him bad and scream a random rank number at him! HA HA! I'M A GENIUS I WIN!!!
Nope you're still a retard who doesn't know how to play Zenyatta properly.

>>343527731
>pick any of his counters
>he stops being so powerful
>>
>>343527889
>No one has better zone control
Except that's -all- she's good for. Zoning isn't big enough to actually be of any considerable use in 99% of the scenarios though, especially over other abilities. Why bother with a wall in terms of a defensive ability, when you can just Zarya bubble someone instead? Why bother with a shell/self heal when you can easily again use other defensive abilities and heals in order to help the team, rather than just yourself. Her ult is also lackluster compared to other ultimates of others in the defensive category.

So yeah, Mei is "best at zone control" but zone control itself can be handled by a bunch of other heroes that also have other practical uses and abilities that are overall far more useful.
>>
>>343527995
The problem was that he could eat through tanks with stun-flash-rmb-roll-rmb. Incredibly too fast.

You can say "git gud" but the fact is that no hero had that much power with that little drawback like McCree did.
>>
>>343527731
>>343528220
>no damage falloff

But he does.
>>
>>343528297
Everyone counters zenyatta

>HURR I WONT POST MY STATS CAUSE YOU'LL SEE HOW WRONG I AM AND HOW SHIT I AM AT THE GAME IN MY SHIT MMR

Lol
>>
>>343528297
Complete list of McCree counters pre-nerf:
>>
>>343524609

Are you proud of that? That Bastion was just bad. You're not good.
>>
>>343528298
>zone control isn't important
>when every game mode is about holding zones
Famalam if there is a team deathmatch put into the game sure she would be shit for that but as long as half the games are KOTH and another quarter are defense she will be useful for holding the line.
>>
>>343523549
Christ I'm glad I'm not you
>>
>>343528520
Zarya kinda. She is pretty much a soft counter to anyone that has high damage.
>>
>>343528529
He's showing that PC faggots can't aim for shit.
>>
>>343518882
In all honestly he can be one of the best characters in some levels and situations, people are just retarded to use his advantage.

Just place him in a place were long range attacks can't hit him and your team already has a ridiculous advantage.

The trick is forcing the enemy team to have to kill him first, if he can only be targeted by medium or close range characters like phara, widow, hanzo stop being able to counter him.

His other counters would be, Zarya, Genji and Roadhog and Junkrat. The first two can be raped from behind before they manage to kill your Bastion.

Roadhog too but he at least can take him out of turret mode with his hook. And junkrat needs an advantageous position, which if he has it would mean the bastion positioning was incorrect. Tracer and others like reaper can also kill him but none of them will have it easy and at the very least it would be a trade off.

What makes Bastion shit is a combination of a team that don't know how to use him and bad bastion players.
>>
>>343528615
I never said it wasn't important, cockrag. What I said is that she is -only- good at zoning. Her primary and secondary are lackluster offensive options, her self-heal is an ability that only applies to Mei and has no practical uses for your team, and her ult is weak, especially compared to others even within the same group.

She's only good at zoning, but useless at everything else. Meanwhile, other heroes can still zone without much of an issue but are capable of bringing OTHER bits of their toolkit to the team. This is why Mei is useless. She offers NOTHING besides zoning. This also means that if she fails her zoning, she has literally been nothing more than a detriment.

I'd love for Mei to get reworked or buffed, but as it stands right now she just isn't worth picking over any other hero. Everyone else just has more to offer.
>>
>>343528319
His drawback was the fact that IF he killed your tank, he is now front lining as McCree, which means he evaporates into a fine red mist.

Or you could just hook him and kill him as Roadhog.
>>
>>343529229

Nah men that need was well deserved. He got needed twice and it's still a highly used character in the high competitive scene.
>>
>Reindhardt kills me with a firestrike and a left mouse click
>D. Va stops all my bullets
>Winston chokes me to death with his tickle gun
>Zarya absorbs all my bullets, then Melts me
>Tracer and Genji in every fucking game
>Roadhog in every fucking game

IM HAVING SO MUCH FUCKING FUN RIGHT NOW WEEE HAW
>>
File: 1356136667164.gif (693 KB, 220x258) Image search: [Google]
1356136667164.gif
693 KB, 220x258
>>343528494
And this is why a ranked system was a bad idea
Because all you're ever going to use it as is a tool to deflect criticism against your ideals.

If a random number I'm assigned is officially how good I am at the game, then how were these "professional players" considered good before there was a ranked system?
Either they weren't good at all or the ranking system has nothing to do with skill.

You can keep screaming about ranks and all that, but it's not going to make you a better player, it's not going to make Zenyatta stop kicking your ass, Bastion isn't going to stop being useful.

This is my last reply to you, you're clearly getting too belligerent to deal with, have a nice day and I hope you get good.
>>
Bastion isn't a hero so much as a turret you can control. That's 90% of his kit problems. You can't balance around that.

Either he is what he is now, incredibly overpowered in terms of damage when deployed but otherwise a pile of crap, or he's just a shitty Soldier 76 or a Torb that has to sit inside his own turret.

Or, like in the betas, he's just broken and basically invincible unless you really go out of your way to get behind him, which may not even be possible depending on the location.

He's just a poorly designed hero. They didn't think about how to balance him when they made him because they were too infatuated with the physical design of the character.
>>
>>343529632
>gayji
click on him to bait his deflect, wait for him to phase through you then turn around
>>
>>343529727
AHAHAHAHAAHAHA THIS SHITTER THINKS HE KNOWS THE GAME WHEN HE'S ONLY RANKED BELOW 20
>>
>>343523549
Son, Zen can die in two reaper shots, not even a full tracer clip, an ez as fuck headshot with any sniper, etc... Not discrediting your opinion, but Zenyata is stupid easy to kill.
>>
File: 1463041736562.jpg (90 KB, 816x524) Image search: [Google]
1463041736562.jpg
90 KB, 816x524
Actually Hanzo is worst hero.

Anyone who piss shoots from miles anyway should die.
>>
>>343529887
>Zen can die in two reaper shots
So can Torbjorn, D.va out of her mech, tracer, Hanzo, Genji, pretty much anyone who isn't a tank and not armored up by Torb.
>>
Is it just me or do the level up loot boxes always contain items for characters you play the least?
>>
>>343525339
PCs don't have turn rates. Unless maybe if you're a moron who's trying to use a controller on PC. Not sure since I've never been or known someone that stupid.
>>
>>343518882
He's not bad at all. Noobs don't know how to play him. His recon mode is abusable and you can get away with semi tanking and being pushy and aggressive. His turret mode is generally over used and people don't try to catch people out with it.
>>
File: Reaction_ep02_59.jpg (62 KB, 600x473) Image search: [Google]
Reaction_ep02_59.jpg
62 KB, 600x473
>>343530027
>not getting play of the as hanzo by sniping 5 heroes with 5 headshots
Baddies desu senpai
>>
>>343527105
This is /v/ we're talking about. Where everything is shit while also simultaneously being secretly overpowered, but only in the hands of the individual poster. The vast majority of posters in these threads are morons.
>>
>>343530027
*miles away

fug
>>
>>343528319
>>343528215
I started playing McCree a lot after he was nerfed and my god does fan the hammer suck now. They cut the damage in half which makes it hard to kill even squishy characters with it. I find it easier to aim for a headshot with M1 so I at least get a good initial damage, then unload with M2. Even that's not enough to kill 200 HP chars if you miss even one shot. It's fucking annoying.

His damage drop off is also annoying. Can't even shoot a Pharah out of the air without going through 2 or 3 reloads.
>>
>>343520664
Too bad mercy got nerfed
>>
>>343523958
>Things Tracer can do better
>>
>>343530727
>Tracer can fly
>Tracer can negate projectiles
>Tracer can tank
>>
>>343530027
Boy am I tired of seeing faggots insta-locking Hanzo. Every. Single. Match. There is always a Hanzo, and he's always a terrible loser that sits in the back lobbing arrows at corners hoping his bus hitbox with an arrow model clips people for a one hit kill he didn't earn.

Oh boy, time to ult! Better fire it in any direction at all because it doesn't particularly matter what the situation is! Oh no, they're capping our point because I'm not actually doing anything to contribute to the objective! Time to run away so I can get more kills from a distance! Then I can bitch about having a bronze in damage and not being able to carry the whole team!

Every Hanzo.
>>
>>343530639
>His damage drop off is also annoying. Can't even shoot a Pharah out of the air without going through 2 or 3 reloads.
Minimum damage at farthest range is 35 per shot. 35 * 6 = 210. Conclusion: learn how to aim.
>>
Who's literally the best hero? my vote goes to tumblrina and soldier 76
>>
>>343520509
Junkrat does this, but better.
>Bomb to knock people off the PL or fly there himself to block
>Trap to keep people off the PL and set up kills against quick bitches like Lucio
>Can roll grenades underneath the PL to hit people on the other side
>Blows up on death, potentially saving the game if he dies near the PL
Plus he's not a sitting duck who's unable to move if he starts taking heat.
>>
>>343531106
bast
>>
>bastion on their team
>perfect co-operation between him, tanks and healers
>damn near impossible to do anything about it
>get shredded the entire game
>bastion on our
>hurr I'll just place myself here in the open with 2 flanks right next to me
>no one is working together
>everyone's falling apart one by one
>the bastion didnt kill anyone and never tried to move
>lose the first point in less than a minute
>>
>>343531106
76, Bastion and Lucio.
>>
>>343531264
>Temple of Anubis defense
>literally every attacking team tries to dash into the left path as quickly as possible, expecting turrets and bastions on the ledge
>park myself in the left room
>BRRRRRT
>"Team kill!"
>>
>>343518882
>zen and bastard
>>
>>343530924
I don't understand why /v/ posters are always so adamant about widely accepted underpowered weapons/heroes/etc always being amazing but only when they use them. No one else, just them. Even when even the developers admit that they're weak and going to get buffed.

The whole class thing in Overwatch is stupid. We all know DVa is not a tank, Junkrat is whatever the fuck he wants to be, and Zenyatta is not a healer. They just wanted four people in four categories.

But all heroes in Overwatch have to deal with the same problem that has existed in any military application, since the beginning of time. There are roles on the battlefield, and you're going to find the weapon, person or asset that will best fit that role, even if it's very niche and has few applications beyond it.

Specialization has always been the rule of war. And DVa doesn't specialize in anything. Her damage is very low, even at close ranges, her tanking ability is subpar for various reasons, and while her mobility is nice, since the game is about kills and holding objectives, since she can do neither, her applications are limited to deploying her to destroy turrets and trying to pick off snipers. She's not wretched, but the things she CAN do well are things other heroes do better, even if they're more limited in other areas.

Zenyatta has the exact same issue. He heals but it's terrible. He can deal damage but other heroes do it more reliably. He can support but other heroes are dedicated to it. He has no utility abilities, and his primary fire doesn't cause knockback or any other physical application. He's just a debuff machine in an environment where most heroes can die in one hit, and the ones that can't either have a shield, can fly away or can easily kill him. He's not a terrible hero, but he has no specialization, and so no applications over other heroes competitively.
>>
>>343531036
>I'm a hanzo
>but I'm self aware of my little contribution to the team but just don't give a fuck.
get fucked you fucking loser
>>
>>343531968
D.Va specializes in being qt as fuck
>>
>>343528908
>Roadhog
Bastion shits on Roadhog hard. All it takes is noting there is a hog on the other team and positioning accordingly, and you can effectively render him useless.
>>
>>343531968
>No one else, just them.
But I see plenty of people doing just as well as me, why are you trying to pick me out of a crowd?
>Zenyatta is not a healer.
Oh so you're a retard, okay.
>>
File: zarya_tem.gif (2 MB, 1007x1462) Image search: [Google]
zarya_tem.gif
2 MB, 1007x1462
>>343528520
Zarya.

Her shields literally make you immune to stuns like McCree's flashbangs and knockback attacks from Reinhardt.
>>
>>343532465
For 2 seconds, and is useless if McCree flashbangs you before you pop it or after your shield ends. The main reason why Zarya is OP right now is more to do with people not adjusting their playstyle around her, which is basically "don't shoot her shields."
>>
>>343532345
Zenyatta is as much a healer as Soldier 76 is.

Except Soldier 76 actually gets picked as one on KotH maps, since he doesn't die from a sneeze and is very strong in other areas as well.
>>
>>343532345
Is soldier 76 also a healer?
>>
File: 1341627432508.jpg (106 KB, 756x772) Image search: [Google]
1341627432508.jpg
106 KB, 756x772
>My face whenever I see somebody complain about players zeroing in on Bastion and dunking him while they just fucking sit there in sentry form expecting nothing bad to happen
Bastion can swap into recon form in something like a fifth of a second, and can change into sentry form on the move. Moving around constantly, even if it's just a bit, removes so much bullshit off Bastions shoulders, not the least of which is that people can no longer effectively corner poke you. If you're sitting in sentry mode for more then a few seconds at a time, you're not playing Bastion to the best he can be.
>>
>>343532607
>Zenyatta is as much a healer as Soldier 76 is.
Like I said, you're a retard, because Zenyatta heals just as well as Mercy does.
>Except Soldier 76 actually gets picked as one on KotH maps, since he doesn't die from a sneeze and is very strong in other areas as well.
Well okay but this isn't about 76, this is about Zenyatta.

Zenyatta is bad for KotH maps because he dies so easily and you need to be on the point, Lucio or Mercy are better for that situation.

>>343533116
No he's an offense who can heal his teammates.
>>
>>343521862
Zenyatta is literally the most useless character in the entire game. He needs an entire rework to be made viable even in casual games.
>>
So I decided to venture into the cesspit that is ranked.

7 in and I have yet to finish a match without someone leaving. 3 of those games have ended with our defense getting REKT, then its literally me and someone else getting baseraped for 5 mins.

My last match we attacked first on hanamura, I was Reinhardt because shield is good and helps team. I ended up with gold damage... as fucking REINHARDT. Other highlights included Reaper watching an empty almost capped point after a big teamfight.

I have no idea what sins I have done to deserve these teams.
>>
>>343533443
>He's bad because I suck
Read through the entire thread to find out why you're wrong.
>>
File: 1297666148243.jpg (27 KB, 295x353) Image search: [Google]
1297666148243.jpg
27 KB, 295x353
>>343533250
>retard!
>Z-Z-Zenyatta heals just as well as Mercy does!
>being this assblasted and delusional
>being so autistic and obsessed with a hero to believe whatever he wants
>>
>>343518882
>he has zero chance functioning on his own

Well gee, maybe you shouldn't be trying to Rambo the other team. You have a team, too, work with them.
>>
If Zen has an active Orb of Harmony up, he's healed for 30 health per second. If Zen has an active Orb of Discord up, his health acts as armor.

There, Zen is more durable but the durability requires him to actively use his abilities and he's still countered by anyone with a high per-shot damage (snipers, Pharah, Junkrat, etc.)

>>343533250
>Zenyatta heals just as well as Mercy does
Zen heals 60% as well as Mercy.
>>
>>343533591
I did, but all I found was one delusional autist
>>
>>343533591
I don't need to its always the same terrible argument over and over again and just because you're vocal about it doesn't make it right. He does nothing right. He has high damage but at the disadvantage of slower projectiles. He has zero mobility despite having the lowest health in the game. His heals are garbage and his discord orb is decent. His ult isn't very good considering he has zero mobility so if he wants to make it out after he has to make sure he's by a nook or something he can run into. He's literally useless and every other character does what he wants to do but better. I would never ever want a zenyatta on my team over any other character in the game. If you play zenyatta you're actively helping your team lose and are selfish.
>>
>>343533129
Too bad every Bastion picker doesn't fucking realize he shouldn't play Bastion when there's Zarya double Genji and, Pharah/Widow, and Roadhog, and refuses to change when he's getting constantly shit on.
>>
>>343532345
>But I see plenty of people doing just as well as me, why are you trying to pick me out of a crowd?
Not him, but probably because you brought it up? It's the consensus that d.va is worse than other characters and needs buffs, and the reasons have been provided several times before and in this very thread also. You, on the other hand, are just being contrarian and haven't given any explanation for your reasoning beyond "she does things" and "im gud"
>>
>>343521623
>Bastion is one of, if not the most underpicked heroes in competitive meta.
>competitive meta

The current meta fluctuates in and out of heroes that her performs well and horribly against. Bastion is actually a solid pick when facing Winstons, but strong Genjis and Tracers, high picks in the current meta, Bastion is less effective against.

Outside of hard meta, Bastion is a good counter against tank-heavy compositions. Of course, everyone loves to focus on the hardest of hard competitive meta compositions, so of course you won't see him that often.
>>
Reminder that there is a tier-list and not following the meta outside of Quick Play makes you an asshole, not a fucking trailblazer.
>>
>>343518882
>basically make every character the same fuck their uniqueness

I dont understand why people bitch so much about rebalancing characters in overwatch. Since the game has come out there has been only one character who is totally broken and they fixed him. The rest are either strong or a little underpowered, which is just fine.
>>
>>343534106
Jesus christ could you be more of a fucking collectivist brain slave?
>>
>>343534106
As someone who just played his first placement match and got a useless Mei and Bastion, I agree so much.

If you want to be a selfish cockrag and pick shit heroes, go ahead that's what you can do in quick play or against AI with your friends. But don't waste my fucking time in comp mode.
>>
>>343523023
>he doesn't know how useful attack Torbjorn can be if he can set up with the help of his team

I frequently run with a fellow who enjoys Attack Torb, and we support him to make it perform. Payload turrets scaring away ADD jumpingjack ninjas and dancing bebop black men away from stalling the payload.
>>
>>343534103
>...but strong Genjis and Tracers, high picks in the current meta, Bastion is less effective against.
And seeing how ubiquitous those heroes are in every match, means Bastion is relegated to trashcan tier

>Outside of hard meta
We don't discuss shitter league here

Overwatch is very similar to competitive TF2: The most mobile classes are better than the rest
>>
>>343534427
Fuck you, tryhard.
>>
>>343533934
Genji is in a weird place for Bastion. On one hand, Genji counters Bastion harder then any other counter in the game, but on the other hand, Bastion can easily smear a bad Genji across the floor all match long, and most Genji players are bad.

Also, Bastion shits on Roadhog and Pharah. I still cannot comprehend how people think Pharah is any sort of good choice against a Bastion that isn't a complete baddie.
>>
>>343534417
Oh yeah, YOU, anon, YOU are definitely unique with your useless hero picks. YOU out of all people. All those useless Meis, Roadhogs? Nah. YOU'RE the fucking game-changer.
>>
>>343534446
Attack Torb can be really nasty, especially when paired with something like double Zarya. Just ignore anything turret related until you get the payload, moving forward with the team and supplying armour and supplementing with his fair damage. After you take the payload, drop a turret on it and stay close by with your team and just pave on through.
>>
>>343534569
Back to Quake, cuckie.
>>
File: 1459491239015.jpg (14 KB, 320x246) Image search: [Google]
1459491239015.jpg
14 KB, 320x246
>Competitive mode
>Two bastions
>Sigh. Mercy it is.
>Keep these stupid shits healed as they won't move.
>Damage boost, not that it matters, they are fucking aim.
>Every time one of them dies they complain about a lack of healing, never once moving out of turret mode to get into cover
>>
>>343534506
Not only this but anyone who didn't see this coming is a fucking retard.

Overwatch follows the, while hillarious stupid game design, rule that anything that is harder to play should have higher reward. In theory it's balanced but in practice on anything but a shitter MMR it's actually a terrible idea because it makes half of your cast awful?

Why should I play Torjborn on Defense for 100% accuracy when 80% accuracy as Soldier 76 is just as good?
>>
>>343534532
>Bastion shits on Pharah who can easily go in and out of cover popping rockets into his face, or someone who can outright hook him out of his position and eat him for breakfast
>A bastion can shit on a bad Genji even though anything then could shit on a bad Genji up to and including a bad case of diarrhea!

Shit Bastion instalocker detected.

>>343534517
That's what comp mode is for? If you don't want to try hard, don't play comp. That simple.
>>
>>343520579
Console players pretending to know mouse buttons.
>>
>>343534532
>Bastion shits on Roadhog
Not true, if there's a roadhog on enemy team you lose a large a portion of good deploy spots, since if you're in hook range he can pull you out of turret mode.
>>
>>343534790
>Why should I play Torjborn on Defense for 100% accuracy when 80% accuracy as Soldier 76 is just as good?
???????????????????????
>>
>>343523723
>Then what do you do with her

Same thing you do with Winston.

Play beefy aggressive bully, abuse 5 second CD flight to fly onto soft targets, gun them until they realize at the range you've forced them into, they won't eat through your 75% armor healthpool before you deplete theirs.

At this point (assuming you aren't a fucking idiot and boosted onto a Reaper or Roadhog or another tank-eater), the enemy team might have turned around to damage you enough to shield yourself until your jet CD is up to run away, heal, and return to try again. Or the target you are tracking runs, which you can easily follow most of the time with jet.

She's basically a Winston with beefier armor pool, and more controllable low-CD movement ability and a 2nd life, but lacks his combat movement and easy-track ticklegun. Fair tradeoff, as unless you're trying to kill a jittery Tracer or dancing black man, D.Va can hit well with good aim.
>>
>>343531049
It's hard hitting her while she's in the air, flying around erratically, shooting rockets at you since his gun leaves a big, obvious trail, and hitting her with all 6 shots before she goes back to ground to get healed or behind cover.
>>
How come the faggot nigger mods dont delete these threads? There's a general. They would delete if there was this many Dota threads and a million other games.
>>
What reason is there to play genji? He doesn't do anything it seems like.
>>
>>343533821
>Zen heals 60% as well as Mercy.

That's not even considering Mercy has more health, can fly across the map (mobility and escape option), can also damage buff and switch targets much faster. Her gun also does 100 damage per second, so it's not as though she's helpless either.

Zenyatta deals 112.5 damage a second, in contrast. With a 1 second higher reload speed. And he's supposed to be the damage based healer. The only thing he has to remotely make him more threatening than a fucking Mercy is his discord orb. Even then, he's only dealing 67.5 damage an orb.

You can also compare that to Soldier 76, who is a psuedo-sniper, can deal 170 damage per second, 120 with a helix direct hit, has a mobility option, auto-aim and heals 40 health per second in a radius. That's 10 more health per second than Zenyatta, for anyone on your team. No line of sight required, technically.

People trying to say Zenyatta doesn't have issues are delusional on a whole other level. I can understanding liking his concept, or doing okay with him. But getting PotG one time and an okay ratio of kills to deaths does NOT mean something is balanced. Zenyatta has a broken kit and is completely outclassed by multiple heroes. He has no place in the meta, and needs a lot of work.
>>
>>343534532
>bastion shitting on pharah
yeah nah
i ruin bastions frequently with my floaty waifu
>>
>>343535292
baddies like to pretend he's a bastion counter
>>
>>343534874
>Play Bastion
>Enemy team has a Roadhog
>Note this and position accordingly
>Roadhog is now 100% ineffective
Or
>Play Bastion
>Enemy team has a Pharah
>Have the rare and not-oft used ability to press shift more than once
>Pharah can no longer corner poke me in any meaningful way
>Even if she does, I can just press fucking shift and not die
>She can't do much of anything else either without getting melted
>>
File: 1355656309806.jpg (28 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1355656309806.jpg
28 KB, 600x450
>>343533679
>stuttering meme in an attempt to deny something he can't
>namecalling
>namecalling and saying I'm wrong without anything to support the claim
This isn't how you win an argument.

Listen you don't have to make a fool of yourself, you're anonymous here, if you stop replying no one will know it was you who posted this, you can learn from this and be right next time the topic comes up.

>>343533902
He's not bad just because you suck with him.

>>343533919
>and just because you're vocal about it doesn't make it right.
You're completely right, which is why my arguments are supported by facts and reason.
>He has high damage but at the disadvantage of slower projectiles.
They're actually really fast, they're not instant like many others, but they also have no falloff so you can sling them from across the map with no problem.
>He has zero mobility despite having the lowest health in the game.
His mobility is fine and his health goes along with the rest of his kit and how he's meant to be played
>His heals are garbage and his discord orb is decent.
His heals are actually fantastic and his discord orb is godly
>His ult isn't very good considering he has zero mobility
It's situational, when the situation comes up that you're going to need it, you'll be able to get there.
>He's literally useless and every other character does what he wants to do but better.
lucio and mercy have two entirely different playstyles form Zenyatta.

You're trying to look at Zenyatta like a replacement for Mercy or Lucio, but he's his entirely own thing.

>>343533996
>You, on the other hand, are just being contrarian and haven't given any explanation for your reasoning beyond "she does things" and "im gud"
Good thing that's not true and I've given valid reason and fact for my posts.
>>
>>343531968
Why does every hero have to be the same? Is there not room for a tankier support scout? Does every healer need to be a direct heal class?
>>
>>343535507
Literally didn't read. Zenyatta is bad. If you use him you're only hurting your team.
>>
>>343534532
Genji isn't that hard a counter. He just has one ability that can counter a Bastion faster than the Bastion can react to it, unless it's known that ability is on cooldown. Otherwise, the Genji dies more easily than most heroes.

Genjis are awful though. The worst players in the game are always kids playing the damage centric "cool" heroes.
>>
File: 1451078854691.png (231 KB, 402x420) Image search: [Google]
1451078854691.png
231 KB, 402x420
>>343520737
>You need 300 fucking wins to get a single weapon skin

so thats likely to be 600-700 games if you are solo queing with tards
>>
>>343535292
There isn't one. People just gravitate to heros that are the hardest to play (regardless of whether their reward is worth that difficulty) and try to act all special snowflake.
>>
You're complaining because Bastion is situational?

Why not complain about Symettra being useless on attack then
>>
>>343535375
That's not really surprising.

In all my time playing this game, I have yet to see single Bastion player who wasn't trying to break ground on how bad a player can actually be.
>>
>>343529632
>>Zarya absorbs all my bullets, then Melts me
This doesn't happen
>>
>>343535628
Knowing Blizz they're going to come up with something retarded like 20 comp coins for every rank so everyone who even tried gonna end up with 1 or 2 golds.
>>
>>343529632
You forgot pharas, lucios and roadhogs on koth maps going for those sick environmental kills.
>>
>>343535612
Genji counters Bastion because of what all of his tools add up to, not what a single one does. His reflect isn't even that great. It's a combination of his reflect, not being a predictable retard with his dash, being a small and fast target that can double jump, and that his shurikens shit out damage when right clicked point blank against a big target like Bastion.
>>
File: 1463843796643.png (153 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1463843796643.png
153 KB, 700x700
>>343532592
shes op because of the maximum charge bug unless they fixed that in the last 2 days.
>>
>>343531968
>all these terrible assumptions

I don't even know where to begin telling you how wrong you are about D.Va and Zenyatta, Zenyatta in particular. D.Va performs her intended role well, but she is receiving a buff in the near future because she slightly underperforms weighed against her direct comparison hero, Winston.

Zenyatta excels and being a support while never having to stop dealing damage. Harmony is literally a fire and forget heal that needs no other input when placed, lasts for as long as your teammate is in your LoS (which as a squishy support should be 100% of the time). Discord is also a fire and forget huge debuff that also reveals enemy location to teammates and is essentially a giant FUCK THIS GUY UP sign to your entire team. Melts priority targets effortlessly.

He can do all this while never having to stop shooting his long-range, high-magazine orb attacks. Good Zenyatta's work best with a team aware of the possibility of flanking, and the Zenyatta player needs to recognize his position to avoid flanks. Any further utility without taking away from his current kit would make his broken as fuck. No other support dishes the damage he is capable of at the distances he is capable of. He specializes in heavy suppression attacks that he doesn't have to stop to apply his healing or outright vile debuff in order to perform.
>>
>>343535473
>I've now forced myself to go into a long range to avoid the Roadhog, which further makes me more predictable in location and far more vulnerable to Widow/Hanzo and Pharah
>Pharah doesn't dunk on me when she starts damaging me, then forces me to flee which means I'm no longer in turret mode or doing any damage, and now taking time to repair, reposition, and just have her fucking do it all over again while their team is now effectively 6vs5ing us

Yup. Just as I stated. Shitty Bastion autolocker.
>>
>>343534532
>>343533934
Why doesn't anyone say Junkrat?

Junkrat floors Bastions like nothing. That's why I always pick Junkrat if I even know there's gonna be a Bastion
>>
>>343535602
>Literally didn't read. Zenyatta is bad. If you use him you're only hurting your team.
You're literally saying he's bad because you said so.

You don't have to reply, you can just stop, you don't have to keep going, no one is going to associate your posts with your real identity.
>>
>>343530414
The fucking ult says "Q".
>>
>>343536104
Because Junkrat is a good hero just overall. He's not so much a direct Bastion counter as much as he's just good at weeding out players who aren't mobile, and flushing them from their hiding spots.

Don't get me wrong, that does make him effective against Bastion, but it's not a tactic that only really applies to Bastion. Meanwhile you can't really just corner peek rocket spam with a Pharah on heroes other than Bastion/Torb turret, you catch my drift?
>>
>>343536104
Junkrat is like Hanzo, dangerous, but not counter-tier.

Being aware a Junkrat is around and not just sitting in place to let him lob grenades at you mitigates his threat.
>>
>>343536104
junkrat is good for those corner grenade bounces unless hes across the map. It's a bit harder to land your grenades at that range.
>>
>>343518882
>He's not a crutch against noobs anymore
What? Yes he is. This is the designated "oh fuck we have to stop the payload" hero you pick for 2-3 minutes to wipe the opposing team and then switch back to something useful.
>>
>>343535292
>What reason is there to play genji?

He is actually good at ganking and can be incredibly difficult to kill with the amount of mobility he has only second to Tracer.

His ult is one of the strongest in the game due to the fucking range on the sword and the fact that it can hit multiple heroes at once - considering his dash goes on cooldown after a kill this nigga is jumping around everywhere during it.

It's hard to find a genuinely good Genji, but they are a nightmare when you face them.
>>
>>343524609
>find myself mechless against Reinhardt who has a sliver of health left
>he just keeps backing up while holding his shield
>walk through it and bop him in the face
>>
>>343535519
Don't be so binary. Point being, if you're using a hero in a specific way, they'd better be good at THAT job. The map can make a difference, as well as the enemy teamcomp.

DVa's main problem is that she's used in a similar way to Winston: being deployed around frontlines to deal with problem snipers, turrets and the like. So she needs three things: enough damage to deal with her targets, the health to survive the attempt and the mobility to get there. Winston does all these things better than DVa does right now, as he can fire with his shield up and his weapon needs to be in the same general range as DVa's (to deal damage at all) but he can target multiple objects at once and it has no real damage dropoff, and can track better. While DVa is slightly more mobile and can eat ults while Winston can't, her inability to attack at the same time combined with her other weaknesses mean that while she can achieve her goals, a Winston is known to deal with it better.

The problem isn't that she's not enough like Winston. It's that she's currently too much like him but worse. That's why they're considering either making her tankier or increasing her damage again.

The problem in the betas was that she was so incredibly mobile and powerful that she could burst people down from behind in a second and then fly away, and there was almost no way of stopping her. Right now, her mobility is too good to warrant her dealing that much damage. Yet, making her tankier isn't going to solve anything since once she reaches a target in her mobile assassin role, she can't kill it. Plus her hitbox is broken enough that giving her more health won't actually achieve anything.

Again. The problem isn't needing to be the same. It's that she doesn't do anything unique to her own role yet.
>>
>>343536643
>His ult is one of the strongest in the game
now there's a unique opinion
>>
>>343535628
It's a very ugly skin though. Thank god, as I have no desire to do ranked. I know I can identify jackasses now, though, by their hideous gold spraypainted weapons.
>>
>>343532181

Roadhog is a counter for Bastion tho, i wouldn't call him hard counter.

It depends on the hook, but Bastions high HP should allow him to survive the first shot. If Roadhog has a good team behind him he should win easily after he nailing the hook.
>>
>>343536652
>walk up to him to do so
>smacked with the hammer and die
>>
>>343536089
Pharah even being able to damage Bastion without exposing her self and getting melted is a worst case scenario that is not hard to prevent from happening.

Even if it does, it's Bastion being pushed out of position for all of two-three seconds. Unless you're in a 6-man group and the Bastion was the sole factor of the defense, this doesn't amount to much.
>>
File: 1439021290050.jpg (739 KB, 1228x1600) Image search: [Google]
1439021290050.jpg
739 KB, 1228x1600
>Think that Bastion whiners are just shitlers
>Play as Roadhog
>Step out of cover for two seconds
>Instantly killed by Bastion while at full health

There wasn't a Zenyatta on the enemy team, so that doesn't seem right. The killcam showed a literal two second death so I don't think it was lag? This is fucking me up I didn't think Bastion was that big of a deal.
>>
>>343536087
You're not naming off anything anyone here isn't aware of. We're not executives sitting down for your Zenyatta pitch. We're all aware he's weak and is being outperformed by other heroes. You can continue being impressed by nothing; but as for the rest of it, we have more sense than you do.
>>
>>343537069
You played Roadhog so you're just as bad.
>>
>>343535292
An average Genji is useless.
A good Genji can be useful.
A very good Genji is almost cyberbullying.
>>
File: Ignore the reapers.png (62 KB, 973x95) Image search: [Google]
Ignore the reapers.png
62 KB, 973x95
>>343533679
Zenyatta heals just as much as mercy.
>>
File: 1458080817418.gif (823 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1458080817418.gif
823 KB, 200x200
>>343534757
I got to heal two bastions on attack at route 66 for my last calibration game.

Two fucking Bastions on attack.

JUST
>>
>>343537029
Getting hooked in the first place is something Bastion shouldn't be allowing. This doesn't just mean staying outside of hook range either, just not fucking sitting in one place all damn game and otherwise being a predictable shitter.

If Roadhog can't just slide out of cover and instantly hook a Bastion, then the Bastion can KILL Roadhog before he gets a chance to.
>>
>>343537189
Not him, but Roadhog is just a good and reliable hero.

If you hook any hero that isn't a tank they're dead, you have 285 damage from your combo.

Bastion is just a poorly designed noob bait hero which any retard can shut down.
>>
>>343537361
Except he doesn't. Mercy heals 20 more HP a second than Zenyatta, almost twice what he heals for.
>>
>>343534532
Pharah counters bastion by having very accurate, high damage rockets, which she shoots from across the map or by popping in and out of cover. There's not even need for good aim as bastion is a large, stationary target and she has descent splash damage. Any Pharah who knows there's a Bastion will shit on that fucker all day.

Roadhog will only kill him if the bastion can't see him coming, because his hook pulls him out of sentry mode. Roadhog's not a counter, but has a viable way to beat Bastion if that's all the team's got.
>>
>>343530414
>says press q to alt
>says to use mouse clicks to cancel defense matrix
>not pc
>>
>>343537069
>thinks 2 seconds is a short time
try not being bad
>>
>>343537598
It's easy to make corner poking against you as Bastion a very difficult thing to do. Moving about and not just letting enemy players zero in on you goes a long way to reducing the effectiveness of poking, and really dampens Pharah's ability to harm Bastion.

Also, if Pharah is shooting Bastion from far enough away that he can't just instagib her, he can still chew through her healthbar, then just move out of the way with at best one rocket hitting, then be back to full health almost immediately. Corner poking is the only real threat Pharah presents to Bastion, and Bastion can deal with poking.
>>
>>343537506
No his point is Roadhog is a broken piece of shit that needs a nerf.
>>
>>343528802
looks like his mouse sensitivity was really low
>>
>>343523549
>Tank
>Not frontline
She's been put in the wrong class, she is a shit tank considering tanks are supposed to pull aggro from opponents and she can't do that if her suit suddenly exploded and then has to wait for a new one.

She's a shitty tank, anything she does Winston outclasses.

Zenyatta isn't viable against people who can actually play, whenever I see an enemy Zenyatta I just laugh, pick Genji and ensure they never make it to the battlefield.

They usually end up switching, also as Zen if you stay too far back someone can run up and kill you before any allies can react to help, but if you stay near you'll get melted anyways.

TLDR; They're both shit heroes who need tweaking.
>>
>>343537067
>A worst case scenario
It's more like an all encompassing scenario. Again, he's not just pushing you out of position for his team to move up, it just means the second you reposition and set up he can just do it again.

Best case scenario? You die and repick. Worst case scenario? You keep getting bullied out of position and give Widow/Hanzo/Pharah more charge on their ultimate and keep wasting your team's time while you're incapable of doing anything.
>>
Obviously it has everything to do with skill you tard, strategies and character choices that work on low level ranks might not work on higher leveled people.

Considering people of the highest level never pick Zenyatta, that should tell you something.

Everything Zen does aside from Orb of Discord, everyone else does better. Mercy even has a damage boost as well, better survivability, and a better ultimate.

He cannot be the only healer on the field because for a single target heal, it doesn't heal fast enough.

>random number
It's not random.

>Bastion or Zenyatta useful
Genji effectively shits on both, as does Tracer.

Don't get me wrong man I love Zenyatta, his concept is great and I like him as a character but he is definitely shit.
>>
>>343539349
There's a reason you can't just corner poke other characters all game long. They move, making poking not practical. I know pretty much anybody that plays Bastion is a baddie that just sits in one place and waits for death, but Bastion can move around just as much as any other character. Transforming into sentry form is the only thing that takes any amount of time, and it can be done while moving.

If you're effectively poking a Bastion into submission, it's on that Bastion for being a shitter and allowing it to happen.
>>
>>343527473
It's longer than a second to go turrent

It's going back to sentry that's less than a second
>>
>>343530087
Was thinking the same
>>
Bastion is fine in recon. 300 HP with armour, a self heal and a great pinpoint accurate assault rifle. But the transformations take way too fucking long now. I don't care if they cut the damage in sentry mode, he just feels fucking awful to play when switching modes takes longer than upgrading torb turrets.

Rocket jumping with his ult is kind of ridiculous though, but I guess he needs it since even that transformation is slow as molasses.
>>
>>343539341
>anything she does Winston outclasses.
She can fly to places Winston can't leap to
She can control her flight beyond just the direction
She can completely negate projectile damage where Winston can merely block some
She can completely refill her own health after depletion of her main pool

These are things that D.va does that Winston cannot
Winston also does things that D.va can't, but this isn't about him.

>whenever I see an enemy Zenyatta I just laugh, pick Genji and ensure they never make it to the battlefield.
So you spend the entire game going after Zenyatta instead of helping your team?
>discord genji
>hit him when reflect wears off
>dead genji
or alternatively
>press Q and move towards my team
>you either have to abandon your mission and do something useful
>or wait around for it to stop so you have a chance to kill me
>>
>>343537528
Zenyatta can keep an orb on someone for the entire game while being far enough away to just see them. If you can keep your orb on them the whole time, you could easily have just as much healing in a whole match as Mercy.
>>
>>343524609
>mfw I was caught by a bastion as mercy and just strafed, his mouse sensitivity was so god damn low he couldn't turn fast enough
>>
File: 1378914707832.png (269 KB, 569x304) Image search: [Google]
1378914707832.png
269 KB, 569x304
>just played a match on watchpoint gerbil
>enemy team had a bastion
>hid behind the boxes facing the payload at the start
>I'm 76
>he's doing damage, but we get around to fucking him up
>has no idea where to stand, always out in really obvious spots
>oblivious to people flanking him
>at one point he jumped down in front of me from a bridge, instantly tried to set up turret mode
>shot him so fast he couldn't do anything
>don't think he ever got to use tank mode

>next round I pick Bastion
>know exactly where to sit so that I draw the least attention and that enemies have the least amount of time to react
>always looking behind me in case of flanks
>when the enemy gets a good spot to shoot at me from, I get up and find a new spot
>Actually use my primary weapon when needed

They didn't need to say anything, I could feel the anger and confusion
>>
>>343543485
Playing Bastion against people who aren't just average pubslime requires strict positioning and good spacial awareness to continue doing well, which a lot of people are not capable of doing. I don't think I've ever seen a Bastion that actually played well by other people.
>>
D Va best girl
>>
>>343535292
your combo does 200 damage uninterrupted. You have to aim though.

>open with the left click when they don't know you're there
>swordswipe
>are they still alive? Right click them to finish them off, or jump above their head and rightclick *it's basically a meatshot for genji*

Always focus the squishes first then when people notice you hit E and then swift away.
Right click for engagements, left click to start and back off engagements.
>>
>>343518882

Replace his self heal with a self shield. Allowing to survive for a few seconds against an attacker would be enough for him to punish them. Just make sure the cooldown is long enough.
>>
>>343545310
The proper combo is
>Left click while closing in/diving on them
>Right click
>Melee
>Dash
The last three parts are meant to be done as fast as possible, and you'll end up with a massive damage spike that will kill half of the characters in the game, and reset your dash.
>>
>>343545676
>Taking away the self heal
Please no. That's like taking away Roadhogs heal. Bastion is a massive damage magnet even when you're using him well, and he requires being at full hp at all times. taking the repair away would make Bastion incredibly frustrating to play.
>>
>>343542191
I got so much better with every class in this game when I turned up my mouse sensitivity. Should have done that a long time ago. This shit ain't counterstrike.
>>
>>343546263
Or just give him heal in recon
>>
>>343546409

I could accept this. Heal in recon becomes shield in turret mode. This would also teach the bad Bastion players to get up and move a bit.
>>
>>343546409
In exchange for the shield? I'd take that deal. I almost never repair in sentry form anyways.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.