[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lisa Thread ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8
File: movie.293x165.jpg (19 KB, 293x164) Image search: [Google]
movie.293x165.jpg
19 KB, 293x164
So I finished Lisa and imo it was better than undertale is the dlc worth is or will I still be left with a sense of emptiness like I do now
>>
DON'T play the DLC. The Painful was my GotY when it came out, you are better off enjoying the feeling you have now, the DLC ruins it.
>>
Buddy is a sjw cunt

Rando did nothing wrong
>>
File: Rando.png (3 KB, 135x135) Image search: [Google]
Rando.png
3 KB, 135x135
>>343504063
>Imo it was better than undertale
I'd agree

The DLC is worth it, but don't expect to feel any better by the end of it than you do now

Buddy had a hard life, and she's pretty fucked up as a result of it
>>
>>343504153
This.

But you're faggot for creating this thread nevertheless
>>
File: lisa&buzzo.jpg (152 KB, 1223x1020) Image search: [Google]
lisa&buzzo.jpg
152 KB, 1223x1020
>>343504063
>is the dlc worth it
Yes
>will I still be left with a sense of emptiness like I do now
Yes

Screw the naysayers, the DLC actually provides some closure on the story, even if it is a bit too short.
>>
>>343504206

Was Buzzo really a bad guy though ?
>>
>>343504353
Yes, why would you even question that? I agree that Brad and Buddy a shit, but don't forget that Buzzo was working for Yado.
>>
File: BUZ ZO.png (2 KB, 156x156) Image search: [Google]
BUZ ZO.png
2 KB, 156x156
>>343504353
He's not without blame given the shit he pulls on Brad, but he's just another victim in the big cycle of abuse that spans the entire LISA cast for the most part

Pretty bad, but not as bad as Yado by any means
>>
>>343504507
Okay next question
Did joy mutant brad kill buddy or will the dlc go into depth
>>
>>343504602
The DLC starts immediately after the ending scene of LISA, so yes.
>>
File: Dad.png (2 KB, 174x242) Image search: [Google]
Dad.png
2 KB, 174x242
>>343504602
Play the DLC and find out for yourself
>>
File: lisa party.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
lisa party.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1600
So what party did you guys use?
I generally liked to switch up party members every so often, but my endgame party was Birdie, Bo and Crisp.
>>
>>343504987
rage, terry, and bo
god what a depressing fight
>>
>>343504063

>>343504153
>>343504261
Don't listen to these faggots

The DLC is good in its own way, no where near as good as the base game, but still good.
Its ending is packed with some really conflicting feels.
>>
>>343504987
Tiger man, Fly, Bo
>>
>>343504602
The DLC will answer that question.

Honestly I think the DLC would've been damn great if you had party members, even if it was just one like Rando the whole way through or something because while I did get used to the timing of throat lunge and decisive stab, the fighting felt a lot less satisfying in Joyful

I wanna talk more about Joyful since I actually just beat it a couple of days ago, but I don't want OP reading it, really.

>>343504987
Terry, The wrestling guy, and the guy with the duffel bag. I felt ripped off when I grinded at the wrestling place for a while to get Terry to be good only to find out that you won't be needing your party members anymore after area 3.
>>
What is this game even about? I saw it pop up once and it looked somewhat interesting but the way people talk about it, it just seems like it'll be another one of those tumblr meme games.
>>
>>343505404
I'm actually flattered you don't wanna spoil it thanks man
>>
>>343505530
Its the exact opposite of Tumblr game like this doesn't pander to the sjw demographic at all
>>
>>343505530
It's a post-apocalyptic RPG, a bit reminiscent of Earthbound with a gritty and depressing story. You play as a drug addict going on a quest to rescue his daughteru.
It's pretty great, I don't see how it could be tumblr shit. If anything, it's probably one of the most 'triggering' games out there.
>>
>>343505703
>>343505771
Cool, I'll check it out. I've been super paranoid about this shit ever since I bought Gone Home on launch thinking it would be a spooky haunted house simulator.
>>
>>343505350
The DLC is just Buddy being a cunt and finally realizing that Brad was just trying to be a good dad and protect her. That's all he was trying to do.

We learned this in the first game and didn't need a DLC of her being edgy before relearning it.
>>
>>343505813
>He bought Gone Home
>>
>>343505813
Not the anons you spoke to. Hearing how you got duped by Gone Home I urge you to play LISA, you deserve to be pleasantly surprised.

I mean that in how good it is, the game is wonderfully depressing.
>>
>>343505940
Her increasing edginess is what makes the end parts of Joyful so much sadder, especially when she comes to realize what she meant to Brad and Rando.
>>
>>343505404
I really enjoyed the DLC and I'm glad it gave us some backstory for Buzzo

It was a bit too short and felt more like a boss rush than an actual story, but it had some great moments.

The only thing I didn't like was Buddy clarifying that Sticky never raped her, which was a real important plot point in Painful. Balance could've been a bit better, because you're generally just scraping through, even moreso if you abstain from Joy like I did, then you get mend and poison and the difficulty deflates immediately.

This moment was on par with anything in Painful, though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQaVtC_NRZY
>>
File: bradbuddy2.jpg (390 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bradbuddy2.jpg
390 KB, 1920x1080
i tried drawing brad but it's not very good

also i felt cheated when i did my first run as a painful mode/ no joy run and didn't get the no joy achievement
>>
>>343506126
Great work anon. I'd just suggest more of a frown on Brad to make him look harder, but looks awesome otherwise.
>>
Is Life is Strange actually good? My friends on FB seem to like it but she's a lesbian so I wont take her opinion into account.
>>
>>343506269
Who gives a shit. This is a Lisa thread.
>>
>>343506268
that's really kind, thanks anon
>>
>>343506126
I think you need more confidence in the lines. Try completing the outer form with longer, single lines. For the expression, one thing you can notice from the sprite is how his eyes work, how sunken and emotionless they look, because of the straight line on the brow, it's almost like he's glaring straight ahead.

But it's a cool start, keep iterating and you'll find what works best for you
>>
>>343506113
>Sticky raping her
I must've missed it, forgot, or something, but where did this idea come from? I don't even remember her clarifying she didn't either.
>>
>>343506583
She was alone with Sticky for a while, and he told Brad he taught her what it was like to be a grown woman. Brad kind of loses his shit because of it.
>>
>>343506474
Thanks anon for the feedback i appreciate it.

I do need to work on finishing drawings, I'm still practicing but I just tend to sketch something until it looks vaguely like what i wanted and move on.

The eyes bothered me too, I'm gonna practice those today i think!
>>
>>343506269
It's tumblr-core but it isn't bad. Get it cheap if ya want.
>>
>>343506583
from the scene when Brad reunites with Buddy, at the end of the second crossroads, before Buzzo fucks everything up. She says something like "It's alright, Sticky showed me", then later in the scene Brad passes out from the joy consumption and hallucinates that he's fighting a gigantic phallic Sticky while he gloats about saving the human race.
>>
>>343506631
>>343506719
Oh I remember that now, honestly I instantly believed her when she said he didn't do anything. I was really wondering what that boss fight was all about too, I was thinking Sticky was the guy that Brad beat with the club. Forgive my retardation
>>
>>343504153
LISA the Joyful was pretty bare bones, but if you liked LISA the Painful you should still play it for the story, as it closes a lot of loose ends.
>>
Is their a plac4 I can download this and the dlc?

I cant tell if thw torrwnts have the dlc or not
>>
Should I buy this game?
>>
>>343508123
Is that rhetorical
>>
>>343504987
Birdie, Mad Dog, and Fly
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.