[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why aren't there any modern day 2D games that use the fact
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
Why aren't there any modern day 2D games that use the fact that it uses relatively low resources (compared to 3D games) to include a shit ton of content in it. Like a SoTN style game with crazy replayability and content, but on a day scale
>>
>>343503624
Because the modern game industry thinks games should all be about cinematics, QTEs and masturbation over the graphic potential of the consoles.
>>
>>343503624
Lack of manpower and funds.
>>
Actual quality 2D art assets are much harder and time consuming to create than quality 3D stuff.
>>
>>343503907
Tell that to WayForward.
>>
Because usually the art team and the level design team aren't one and the same. Performance has absolutely nothing to do with game length.
>>
File: Odin.jpg (120 KB, 868x385) Image search: [Google]
Odin.jpg
120 KB, 868x385
>>343503624
>any
There's one released this one that's a real masterpiece and no one fucking cares.
>>
Because normies wouldn't like it, and that's where the money is.
>>
I feel that they could do this but with something more like having tons and tons of enemies in screen at once. Think legendary dark Knight
>>
Because 2D is more expensive than 3D. Needing to draw each individual frame to animate vs using a single modrl you can manipulate is a l ot harder
>>
>>343503907
>tfw sculpts take over 2-3 weeks
i think you're blowing shit out your ass senpai
>>
>>343505298
Yo, shit's awesome on my PS3
>>
>>343507423
That sculpt is likely way more flexible though and can be used for a lot of things.
ofc it's easier to create on still 2d image than a full 3d model, but keep in mind that animating things with only 2D sprites is an absolute bitch to do.
There are poppong up some utillities like spine and shit, but animating 2d is still a boatload more work intensive than animating 3d.
>>
>>343503624
3D is cheaper than 2D.

3D you make a model once and you can reuse it everywhere, 2D requires redrawing everything
>>
>>343503858
like always, first reply, best reply.
>>
>>343504314
>WayForward.
>let's tween everything
yeah that's not quality 2D
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.