[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ass creed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 173
Thread images: 10
Brotherhood > 2 > Black Flag > Revelations, 3 > 1 > Rogue, Syndicate > Unity > Liberation

is Metacritic right?
>>
never played any game in the series
should i bother starting with it ?
>>
>>343503694
maybe just play black flag
>>
>>343503620
Who cares, nobodies opinon is "right" fuck off with these threads
>>
File: 1_10 is best i can do.png (74 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1_10 is best i can do.png
74 KB, 400x400
>>343503620
>Ass Creed 3
>Better than anything
I guess they tried.
I also feel like 2 is slightly better than brotherhood just because it introduced the most new stuff and brotherhood is just 2 in another world with that team mechanic
>>
>>343503620
Unity > Syndicate
Syndicate was a downgrade in every way, specially in graphics and customization.

Plus, they tried too hard at making Jacob the new Ezio.
>>
>>343503620
How is Syndicate?
I saw that they brought back punching, it's absence being the worst part of Unity, but they kept the same Unity engine
>>
>>343503620
>Its another AC3: with more boats and tailing missions edition™ was good episode
>>
When's Jewbisoft gonna cash in on those RDR fans and make a wild west Assless Creed?
>>
>>343503896
It's a fucking mess, seriously, the combat in Syndicate is absolutely terrible.
Not only the AI is as challenging as ever, AKA, none, but you have to punch everyone so many times my hand gets numb, and the average player will probably end up with carpal tunnel if he plays the entire game.
>>
>>343503956
they will but not with AssCreed
maybe Far Cry 5, most likely even before RDR2 comes out
>>
No.

Brotherhood > Black Flag > 2 = Syndicate > Revelations > Rogue = Liberation > 3 > 1 = Unity

3 downwards is shit, Rogue and Liberation are okay, Revelations and 2/Syndicate are good, Brotherhood and Black Flag are great.

Have yet to play Chronicles, is it worth a go?
>>
Black Flag is fun whenever not actually doing anything assasin-related.
>>
>>343504018
>>343503956
They already have Call of Juarez for that.
I bet my ass that one will be one of the ''new'' games they'll announce at the next E3, an open world sandbox Call of Juarez, called only Call of Juarez, with a Assassins Creed-esque open world.
>>
>>343503620
Fuck no. Black Flag should be just before Syndicate, and Rogue should be ahead of III.
>>
>>343503620
>3 and 1 better than Rogue
Fuck off you hipster but iagree with the rest.
>>
>>343503896
It's fucking awful. Only worth playing for The Dreadful Crimes.

Not having a Van Helsing mission(s)/outfit was a missed opportunity; instead, we got a bunch of gay top hats and steampunk shit.
>>
>they didn't make a next-gen port of Rogue
Too sad that PS4 and XONE don't have a single decent AC.
>>
>>343503874
>Plus, they tried too hard at making Jacob the new Ezio
It's ironic that you'd say that, considering it applies much more to Arno.
>>
>>343504057
Chronicles is alright, combat is more challenging than mainline games because the game rewards you for stealth.
>>
>>343504341
Idk why they would. It's probably the best-running AC game on ps3/360, and it looks great.
>>
>>343504341
AC hasn't been decent since 2.
>>
>>343504057
I can only vouch for China, but yes. The Russia one seems good too, but I hear it's more linear.
>>
>>343504426
Fuck off, homo.
>>
Rogue was fuckin' fantastic. Better than 4's story but not it's gameplay. Shame no one played it.
>>
>>343504351
Arno is so damn shit.
He ruined Unity for me, game has plenty of problems but Arno was the worst.
>"Oi m8 wiwi me Templa gf"
>>
>>343503750
Maybe just kill yourself.
>>
>>343504426
Fuck off my man
>>
>>343504541
It's weird that they paired Black Flag with Unity instead of Rogue since Rogue is actually related to Unity
>>
>>343504341
AC4 is alright
>>
>>343504541
>Rogue's gameplay isn't as good or better than IV's
What?
>>
>>343504643
Oh true, forgot about that one.
>>
>>343504681
It's only an AC game in the last few minutes
>>
>>343504643
It's pretty shit, actually. Too many tailing missions, a lame story and characters, and glitches and bugs out the ass.
>>
>>343504754
inb4 "muh pirates"
>>
>>343503956
Just play Rogue with the Frontiersman outfit
>>
>>343504754
>glitches and bugs out the ass
That's literally every AC game (on release). I've played every single one months/years after they came out, after they were done patching, and they were all fine. Minus Rogue, actually. I'm guessing they pulled every guy off that as they all went over to fix Unity's bugs.
>>
File: away.jpg (60 KB, 480x386) Image search: [Google]
away.jpg
60 KB, 480x386
>>343504754
>Actually my opinion is the fact
>>
>>343505259
I played Black Flag just this year and have experienced more issues than any other AC game I've played - all but Unity.
>>
>>343505345
>too many tailing missions
>opinion
No, it had a shit-ton of them.
>>
>>343503620
I want to like black flag but it runs horribly on my new-ish pc. GTX970 and everything.
>>
>>343505345
>experiencing technical issues in a game = opinion
A lot of modern /v/ posters are retarded
>>
File: 1464981469702.png (23 KB, 557x605) Image search: [Google]
1464981469702.png
23 KB, 557x605
>>343505416
>>343505572
>It's pretty shit actaully
>This is not an opinion
>>
File: 1362339049120.jpg (120 KB, 530x611) Image search: [Google]
1362339049120.jpg
120 KB, 530x611
The Co op in Unity was a lot of fun. Like most time the co op parts were funner then the main single player parts of the game.
>>
What the fuck is up with AC4?
I remember pirating it and it was pretty much stable, but I just bought and it feels like it's much more unpolished than before, and it has a fuckload of bugs that I never met before, plus, for some reason, it's always raining or there's fog, which means I can see shit when sailing, there's almost NEVER sunny weather.
>>
>>343505646
consider suicide
>>
>>343506367
>it's always raining or there's fog, which means I can see shit when sailing, there's almost NEVER sunny weather.
Sounds like ocean sailing.
>>
>>343506546
It was never like that before back when I pirated it, it was mostly Sunny, with ocassional rain, now it's constant rain/fog, which is retarded because I either have to put up with the waves, or I have to put up with not seeing shit 5 feet in front of me.

Don't know if there's some update that broke the game or what, but I had to quit quite a few times already because of how unpolished the game is.
>>
>>343503620
I agree with the first 3. Revelations was garbage and I didn't care for Rettlekettlekorn or whatever in 3 at all. Haven't played the rest.

>>343505438
Then you have a problem somewhere. I have a 560ti and it runs fine.
>>
Gotta say, AC4's controls are some of the worst i've ever experienced, down there with Just Cause 3.
The parkour is a fucking mess that almost never makes you go where you want to.
Sometimes you just want to sprint, and Edward just starts jumping around the fucking place like a spastic retard.
Sometimes you get in the boat and for some reason he gets on top of the canons when I just want to get in the fucking wheel.

Don't know who the hell tested this and told the devs that it was good enough for release, but i'm baffled that it was never fixed.
>>
>>343506628
>too much rain/fog
>unpolished
Fucking please, anon.

Try having Edward spaz out nearly everytime you board an enemy ship, or have guards magically detect you through obstacles in a restricted area.
>>
>>343505438
Turn off Vsync.
It makes it so that if your FPS fall even a 1 FPS below 60, it pulls it down to 30.

>>343506895
It wasn't like that before.
And seriously, for once i'd just like to sail in peace and see the surroundings.
It's a beautiful enviroment that I can't fucking see because there's always fog and rain everywhere for some reason, when this wasn't like that before.
It's annoying as fuck, although it's just one of the many annoyances of this unpolished crap.
>>
>3 better than 1 and Rogue
>Unity not at least equal to 3 after that.

>>343504562
>Acts like he's trying his hardest to be Ezio without having any character for himself.
>Wants to get his dick wet with Elise and somehow convinces the Assassin Order not only to accept her, a Templar, to their HQ where all the major players are while also seeing their faces and knowing for certain who in high places of life is now an Assassin, but then agrees to give her a chance even though she has no chance of turning to their side.
>His special power is channeling Alex Mercer when he kills a high value target and seeing their memories while also having normal eagle vision that can see through walls.
>Ends up getting so many of his comrades killed because of his need to bang Elise.
Arno was so bad, I can't believe we went from pretty good characters outside of most of Connor's game to this.
>>
I'd play Syndicate if it didn't run like garbage on a fucking GTX 1070.
>>
>>343506882
I'm surprised no one has tried to defend this yet, considering how many "Black Flag is my favorite AssCreed xD" faggots browse this board.
>>
>>343507194
>playing Syndicate
>get in a carriage
>drive 30 feet
>game image freezes, but sound still plays
>keeps happening every 30 feet
>apparently it's the game loading the open world
>this happens on a i5 3570k and a GTX 980 Ti

Who the hell made this fucking engine and why was it used more than once?
>>
>>343507120
Syndicate has some terrible characters too. Evie and her granddaughter are both "progressive" cunts who try way too hard to be cheeky.
>>
>>343507317
Apparently this game runs like garbage on everything.

A 1070 will barely pull 45 FPS outdoors with the gameworks garbage on.

You literally need a 1080 to run this garbage at max/1080/60.
>>
>>343507460
What's worst is that the performance is much more unstable than Unity, even though the graphics were heavily downgraded.
>>
>Brotherhood
>Better than anything

Yeah look here's the thing, you're fucking wrong and you should off yourself.

This is the proper order:

Black Flag > Rogue > 2 > 1 > Syndicate > Unity > Literally everything else is garbage
>>
>>343507368
I also wonder why they made a big deal of the crossdresser in ACS when AC4 already had one.
>>
>>343507513
Kill yourself immediately.
>>
File: 1418860531980.png (73 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1418860531980.png
73 KB, 306x306
>mfw Nolan North once spoke of the original AC3 and the plans for the franchise
>mfw instead we got turd after turd until the franchise died
>>
>>343507549
The one in Black Fag was an actual historical figure and had a reason for crossdressing.

Syndicate's was just written up by some spineless fag at Ubisoft for SJW points.
>>
Black Flag is terrible though.

TAILING
MISSIONS.
>>
I finished Brotherhood on the PS3 yesterday and if that's supposed to be the best in the series I'd rather cut off my thumbs than touch any of the others. Retarded interactive movie shit with atrocious gameplay and controls.
>>
>>343507653
>Nolan North
>not playing Rogue
What a queer.
>>
>>343507368
Man, that part with Churchill. Jesus christ the game got cringy. They didn't even bother changing anything about their models. There's just a hairstyle swap.

And all the whole Evie shitting on her brother because he's a white guy and he's always fucking it up. Never mind let's go with the poo man over there because it's completely historically accurate.

Fuck I know AC is not exactly good with realism, but they never get away this much from reality.
>>
File: acs_1920uh.png (19 KB, 582x648) Image search: [Google]
acs_1920uh.png
19 KB, 582x648
>>343507460
THE WAY ITS MEANT TO BE PLAYED

Which is apparently on fucking consoles because this thing is less optimized than a nuclear warhead as bread warmer.
>>
>>343507745
Rogue was AC4-2, and AC4 already had a fuckload of issues like tha absolutely abysmal controls, or the grinding.
Plus, being a pirate got old really fast.
>>
>>343507723
>he's used to "hold R1/RT to traverse anything"
>and "spam square/x and occasionally press circle/b to kill"
>>
>>343507723
Don't let his garbage opinion taint your experience. Play IV. Anyone who says brotherhood is the best is just doing it so people stop playing the series.
>>
>>343507782
>that part with Churchill
Stop reminding me.

Syndicate was just the worst. Even Unity was better, and that's saying a lot.
>>
>>343508031
IV is shit, though. Definitely the worst AC before Unity came out.
>>
>>343508057
Unity was much better than Syndicate.

>first combat improvement in the franchise since AC2
>no ''smash X 60 times to punch someone to dead with sped up Mortal Kombat X animations''
>can customize the entire outfit, instead of just belts
>better graphics
>no SJW crap
>all DLCs are free

Shame about the floaty parkour and fucking disaster of the launch, but it's still better.
>>
>>343508136
That's like someone saying Sticker Star is the best one out of the Paper Mario series. It just doesn't work, man. Stop that.
>>
>>343508204
The dlc was only free because of the piss-poor condition it released in. Also, AC doesn't need customization to such an extent. It's not an MMO.
>>
>>343508310
More options are better.
Also, AC has always had customization, here it was just a goddamn belt and the few premade outfits.
>>
>>343508363
>AC always had customization
I never argued that it didn't.

I just think that a choice of a handful of outfits is more than enough. No seperate hood, chestpiece, belt, etc.
>>
Admit it: you're playing for the quite engaging story not because it's challenging or even fun.
>>
>>343508363
>More options are better
>quantity > quality
>>
>>343508474
I used to.
Back with AC2 it was actually interesting, now they are just doing filler to drag it out.
AC4's modern story was so fucking boring.

>AC3
>THANKS FOR LIBERATING ME, I'M GOING TO INVADE EVERYTHING

>AC4
>THANKS FOR HELPING ME, BUT I NEED MORE SHIT

>ACU
>story of a fucking assassin boat

Seriously, what the fuck.
>>
>>343508545
Don't see how the Unity customization lacked in quality.
Plus, Syndicate lacked in both quality and quantity, it was just a bunch of stereotypical brit outfits.
>>
>>343508617
Syndicate's outfits were fucking awful, I know. One of Unity's outfits is literally an Altair robes recolor.
>>
File: IMG_0185.jpg (60 KB, 638x350) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0185.jpg
60 KB, 638x350
3 was fine, I have no idea what the freshest meme on the block is all about. You may not like the more serious personality but Connor's strength fighting style and axe are really cool. I will admit the LEEE and forced "he was part of everything" plot isn't good

/v/ is wrong about Mario Sunshine, Assasssin's Creed 3, and Uncharted 4. A couple other games too

You know what game sucks ass? Syndicate. Man that was bad
>>
>>343509012
Uncharted 4 sucks eggs, but I agree with you about III.
>>
>>343508617
My main problem with Unity was three things.
1. The story was shit. Probably the worst in AssCreed history, both the modern day and historical one.
2. Arno is the worst character in the series, even worse than Connor and Evie
3. The level design is really REALLY bad. While the map is super detailed, there's lots of interiors and such and it's probably the most impressive city Ubisoft has made, the issue comes from the mission to mission level design. Most of the areas are specifically designed for co-op play, so they feel boring and shitty when you play them solo.

Meanwhile, while Evie (though Jacob is an enjoyable cheeky cunt) was shit in Syndicate, while the combat and freedom of movement was a downgrade, and while the graphics and city was less detailed, it was more focused in its gameplay design. The levels felt very tight with lots of options to play them, the story was very simple but enjoyable like with black flag and brotherhood, and they don't shove the modern shit down your throat so badly.

Syndicate has its problems to be sure, and it's certainly far less ambitious than Unity was, but at least it has some proper design to it.
>>
>>343509012
The problem with 3 is that it has the second worst map in the series for ass creed gameplay (4 is the worst, but it makes up for it with the sailing). I love colonial America, I think historically it has the most interesting potential for the plot, but the buildings are just not tall enough in that period for an ass creed game.

They need to do a civil war era or late 1800s era US, not fucking colonial era.
>>
>>343509212
>Syndicate's story was simple
That's putting it mildly. It was like a saturday morning cartoon, but with awkward violence and DESIGNATED romance.
>>
>>343509386
I would love a Civil War AC, if they managed not to fuck it up yeah right. Ubisoft would want to avoid any pro-white racism, so they'd definitely go with an Adewale clone.
>>
>>343509402
Well, yea, but you could say the same about 4 minus the romance.
Unity tried to be super serious and make Arno Ezio 2.0 but they failed horribly.

Remove Evie and Syndicate has top tier characters. I think Evie was a last minute addition to appease feminists bitching about Unity at E3 2014
>>
>>343509514
>>343509386
This is why they'll fuck up their egypt game hard.
4 could make up for the small far spaced buildings with sailing.
What the fuck are they going to do with a setting that takes place in like 2000 - 1000 BC?
>>
Is the wiiu version of black flag good?

Never played an asscreed game before.

Unless the DS games count.
>>
>>343509540
Remove Evie, the main Templar enemy, and his bitch. That mustache twirling faggot was insufferable, along with that cunt in the tiny hat.
>>
>>343503620

>Unity that low
>B, 2 and Rev that high

topkek
>>
I really liked Kenway as a character. AC Rogue story was good, but really short.
>>
>>343503620

>great AssCreed games
AC1
AC2

>shit AssCreed games
Everything else

>great pirate games
Black Flag
>>
>>343509631
I just want Ancient China, Fuedal Japan, or Nazi Germany.
>>
>>343509929
>great AssCreed games
>AC1
>AC2

the only good and actuall AssCreed game is Unity
>>
>>343509012
I was willing to accept AC3, but Sunshine? Who tampered with your mind? There is just no way.
>>
>>343503620
I'd put unity post patch higher, syndicate lower, rogue higher, 1 lower
>>
>>343509785
God no. No version of Black Flag is good.

>>343509827
>>343509929
>M-My opinion is more correct!
Kill yourselves. While IV and Syndicate are obviously shit, trying to shout your opinions on the other games in the series - here, of all places - is juvenile.
>>
>>343509978
see
>>343509212
Unity has a nice city, most detailed they've ever done, but the story and level design is ass.

The best missions in the series belong to Brotherhood. That's why it's remembered so fondly. I replayed it recently and Rome is far worse than Venice, much like London is far worse than Paris, but the mission and level design of Brotherhood just puts it on another level, just like how Unity's ass shit level design puts it on bottom tier.
>>
>>343510128
>4
>shit
Edward is the best character in the series
It has the best music in the series
It has the best costume design of the series, with the only believable post renaissance outfit we've had.
And it has the most enjoyable combat in the series (Unity has the most complex combat, but it's not as fun as 4's chaining system, dual wielding, and gun combos)
>>
I haven't found anything more relaxing yet than listening to a podcast and sailing the fucking seas
>>
I was going to buy 4, but then I remembered:

1. Ubisoft won't make a third piratey shippity saily game
2. Online must be dead and I don't even know if it's good at all
5. I don't have money in my bank account right now. Bad timing.
>>
>>343510287
All of those points are your opinion.

I think Edward is shit. Not the worst in the series, but still shit.

II and Brotherhood have the best musoc, imo.

What makes any of the previous costume designs unbelievable?

>the most enjoyable combat
Easiest, you mean.
>>
>>343510391
Online isn't dead, but it isn't fun either. Plus, it's a big fucking grind.
>>
>>343510287
>And it has the most enjoyable combat in the series
It has literally the worst. The absolute worst. I liked the game because the setting was great but the missions and the fighting were dreadful. Controls were a mess, especially on the boarding phases.
>>
>>343510521
Oh alright.

I wonder how it runs on an i5 4460 with... a 6850HD. I had to sell my previous GPU. Probably be picking up a 1060. In a few months.
>>
>>343510563
Christ. I can't tell you how many times Edward has just stood there like a dumbass on an enemy ship, waiting to get hit as I try to figure out why he isn't attacking anyone. Or I'll be in the middle of fucking a guy up and a crew member will get in the way - stopping Edward dead in his tracks.
>>
>>343510459
>I think Edward is shit
fuk u m8
He's a cheeky cunt that doesn't want to get involved with all this political and hero shit, he just wants to live his life. It's seeing him be developed into a hero, and be betrayed by those he considers close, which is a fun and interesting story

>what makes the previous costume designs unbelievable
I said post renaissance, that's key here. Ezio and Altair are fine because of the time they take place in.
However, Connor having robes is just stupid in Colonial America. A hood? Whatever, that's fine, but robes are stupid. He should have had colonial style armor with the hood or something, or an actual native american style outfit. Arno's robes also make no sense, he should have had a french style outfit, and jacob / evie should have had suits or something. Edward is the only time they said "well what would they have actually worn at that time?" for a character since Ezio.

>easiest, you mean
Brotherhood has the easiest, since once you get 1 kill you've instantly killed everyone else you're fighting with how the chaining system worked in that.
>>
>>343507817
>being a pirate got old really fast.
I think this could have been mitigated by just not having the shanties get cut out any time you got into battle(Which was pretty much always). You'd hear like 30 seconds of a shanty before it was cut off abruptly due to an NPC speaking, a battle, or you having to dock. It was the worst in Rogue since everyone was so trigger happy, NPCs talked for ages every single time you docked on an island and them came back to your boat, and thanks to all the glaciers it was so easy for enemy ships to be triggered when you were just trying to actually pass into an area. Then when you shot a swivel or the Puckle Gun at anything they stopped singing as well to shout at you.
>>
>>343510581
Get ready to have your ass handed to you by people with better skill settings. Even when you do well, don't expect a proportionate amount of xp
>>
>>343510776
Hey dumbass, Edward is literally wearing robes.

And you just described IV's combat.
>>
>>343503620
Clearly not, Rogue was almost as good as Black Flag, only shorter.

Meanwhile the drop in quality with next-gen Asscreed games is fucking insane. I actually loved the series until Unity despite how casual it was.

I barely beat Unity and gave up on Syndicate after 2 hours, it was so shit it was unplayable. All story and lore raped into a shitter, horrible graphics, horrendous combat animations.
>>
>>343510757
Or you move towards one guy to attack him, press the button to attack and he jumps in the opposite direction to attack some other guy. Unity was an improvement but it still removed hand to hand and hidden blade only fighting. Brotherhood has yet to be matched combat wise.
>>
File: 1466948811943.jpg (18 KB, 350x335) Image search: [Google]
1466948811943.jpg
18 KB, 350x335
>>343506414
Oh shit what a compelling argument you trigerred cunt
>>
>>343510925
Edward is wearing a coat you retard.
The bottom only goes down to his knees, not his fucking ankles. It also looks more like armor than any other of the 'robes'
>>
>>343510963
I went through Syndicate because while I saw the criticism, I usually dislike just giving up on a game early because it gives me the impression that there might be something good within and reviewers are just not putting time into it enough.

So I did, I spent several hours on it. And it was hot garbage. What a waste of time. Don't spend a single fucking cent on Syndicate if you have any self respect. Pirate it if you want but god damn it's awful. Only redeemable aspect is the hook thingie that you can use to travel around and it ain't that amazing.
>>
>>343511074
He's wearing Assassin robes with an armor vest and shoulder pads.
>>
>>343510776
>Arno's robes also make no sense,
Considering the amount of possible customisation, it's you that don't make sense here.
>>
>>343511004
>Brotherhood has yet to be matched combat wise
Oh yes, the "glorious" brotherhood combat.
>take out hidden blade
>counter attack
>mash the attack button to chain every other enemy to the first kill, instantly killing all of them
Brotherhood was shit. At least in 2 the hidden blade counter attack had a small parry window, in Brotherhood it feels impossible to miss it.
>>
>>343511172
What's weird to me is that the general consensus seems to be that Syndicate was bad, but not as bad as Unity.

Meanwhile to me Unity was shit, but playable, it had its moments, the graphics were actually good, the combat wasn't completely ruined and the story wasn't completely raped. Unlike it was in Syndicate.
>>
>>343511275
Nah man, 2 was when it started being impossible to miss with a Hidden Blade counter which meant using any other weapon was a waste of time. 1 was the only game where there was actual thought involved in the counter timing since it was really small and enemies would constantly fake you out before attacking.
>>
>>343511348
Unity had frogs in it, though.
>>
>>343511181
Google pirate coat.
Because that's what it is. The assassin he stole the outfit from was using a pirate coat style robes.
>>
>>343511348
The story in both are shit. Unity just doesn't cram SJW shit down your throat every time you try to do a mission.
>>
>>343511348
The story was far more raped in unity than syndicate.
Remove the parts with poo and evie (or jacob's granddaughter) and it has really enjoyable characters and a simple comic book story.

Meanwhile Unity tries to have a deep character but fails horribly and he becomes an unlikable whiny cunt that thinks only with his dick, and the story is literally "lol nothing happened whoops"
>>
>>343511469
They're literally referred to as "Edward Kenway's Robes" in Uplay. Literally.
>>
>>343511504
That's another thing, Unity at least still tried to be like older AC games plot wise (politics of the revolution etc.). The execution was terrible, but there was at least a trace there.

Meanwhile Syndicate is literally SJW themepark.

>>343511617
The portrayal of Templars and Assassins and all the AC bullshit like pieces of Eden was still a lot better in Unity.
>>
>>343511720
Yes, because all of the assassin's creed outfits are "assassin robes".
It's still just a pirate coat with a hood.
>>
>>343511275
>Brotherhood was shit
Am I supposed to take you seriously?
Brotherhood had the moat diverse range of weapons, hidden blades, swords, spears, hidden gun, crossbow, even other assassins. You could disarm guards and kill them with their own weapons, kill one guy with your sword and shoot the next, you could even throw the spears into guys. Black flag doesn't measure up to Brotherhood.
>>
>>343511785
Stay in denial, then.
>>
>>343511763
The only SJW shit in Syndicate was Evie and Jacob's granddaughter. That's it.
The portrayal of Templars in London, as intertwined with the governing leadership, was far closer to their portrayal in 2 and 1.

In Unity they fucked up the characters badly. There's not a single character that's even likable. While Syndicate had annoying shits like Evie and Marx, it also had good characters like Jacob and Dickens.
Unity had nothing. There's not one character that I liked in all of Unity.
>>
Also, who the fuck came up with the "enemies stay alive and stare at you until you finish tem off" bullshit? Moreover, who the fuck decided that it was a good idea to carry this shit over from Unity to Syndicate and even give it more relevance?

This has to be the dumbest and most pointless shit I've ever seen in a video game, it ruins the entire point of killing enemies effectively in streaks from previous AC games.

Also Syndicate seems to be the first game where you literally can't avoid button mashing, there is no alternative to it. From 1 to Rogue you could button mash like a retard, or you could counter kill, chain kill, disarm etc. etc. In Syndicate it seems you are actually forced to play the game like a fucking idiot.
>>
>>343511846
So what? In the end, killstreaks completely ruin the combat. You have the option to make combat look cool and all, but why do it when you can fucking press a button and move the stick in one direction
>>
>>343512026
You're english, aren't you?
>>
>>343511846
The combat was shit, I loved the game.
Yea, brotherhood had the most diverse stuff (aside from Unity), but none of that mattered when you could just chain fucking everything together and everyone was dead within 10 seconds if you used hidden blade. You had to purposely gimp yourself to explore the combat in the game.
>>
>>343512026
Strange because I only played for 2 hours and I remember seeing a poo in the loo, a strong womyn driving a train and a cross dressing cop. Also children who were apparently enslaved by evil capitalists? Sure, children were abused as workers but nobody fucking forced them to work. Life forced them to, but Syndicate instantly makes it look like they are actual slaves because they thank you for freeing them.
>>
>>343512104
When are they going to release another assassin's creed game where you can't just kill someone in the middle of a street with guards and walk away like it's nothing
>>
>>343511846
Not him and pretty unrelated, but they took that out in Syndicate. Your only options are (1) approach stealthily and kill with hidden blades, (2) in open combat, hit and/or stab the enemy 10+ times until he finally dies, or (3) shoot them or throw knives at them - it will almost definitely take more than one
>>
>>343512026
There's a made up crossdressing dyke who gives you missions. Also, interracial romance with a POO.
>>
>>343512127
Nah, I'm American, which is why I hate that we'll probably never go back to the US with these games just because they were idiots that chose colonial America (which to be fair has more potential story wise) rather than Civil War America.

Everyone in Paris is too fucking serious and grim, while also all being fucking retarded. Even Ezio for all his seriousness about avenging his family or bringing back the assassins had a good sense of humor and happy attitude.

>>343512228
Children aren't even part of the plot, that's just a side activity. The first two hours are ass story wise, then you can play 60% of the game as Jacob and ignore all the SJW shit.
Though yes, whenever Evie has a required mission or they do a mission together you can expect to cringe, but Jacob is a great assassin, it's just a damn shame that Evie is weighing him down.

>Evie keeps blaming Jacob for doing everything wrong and not thinking when literally every tie he assassinates a head templar it's what any other assassin in history would have done
What a dumb fucking cunt.
>>
>>343512104
There's even a fucking combo meter.
>>
>>343512104
Button mashing seemed to be the only way on PS3. Input lag, tearing, slowdowns made any sort of timing impossible
>>
>>343512237
>or (3) shoot them or throw knives at them - it will almost definitely take more than one
If you never upgrade maybe.
Upgrading the knives skill makes it so a knife headshot always kills unless it's a boss.
The highest power guns also always kill with headshots
>>
>>343512516
Sure but the point was that there is a ton of SJW shit, which is irrefutable.

Again, I only played for 2 hours but I didn't really like Jacob. He seemd like a dumbfuck that's meant to make his sister look smart in comparison. He couldn't shut up about making a gang for a straight hour.
>>
>>343503620
Swap Black flag and Revelations, 1 and 3 and I'm in. Remove everything after black fag
>>
>>343512531
You must have a shitty ps3. Aside from some frame-rate drops and IV being hot garbage, I've never had any issues from an AC game on ps3
>>
>>343512638
Only if undetected, iirc.
>>
>>343512524
That's been around since 2

>>343512659
I would recommend playing more and using Jacob exclusively. He's a really likable character, and it's clear that he was meant to be THE character of the game until E3 2014 where they probably realized they should force a girl into their next game to appease the feminists.
Literally every single one of the "Evie fixes Jacob's mistakes" missions feel like they were meant to be Jacob coming back to London after a time skip, being more mature, and fixing his own mistakes as a more developed assassin.
>>
>>343512798
Nah, it's just harder to aim when they're walking towards you, but I've done it plenty of times.
Jacob's automatic headshot counter is great if you're using the most powerful gun, auto kills anything below level 9 IIRC.
>>
>>343512659
THE ROOKS

I actually kind of like him. Everyone else was terrible.

I thought he became a Templar in the Jack the Ripper DLC, judging from his outfit. Turns out, he just likes Templar-like clothing in his later years.
>>
>>343512858
>There are "Evie fixes Jacob's mistakes" missions
Well, if you actually wanted to make me play it more, you failed.
>>
>>343512915
Ah, my mistake then. That reminds me though, why the fuck did they add a level system?
>>
>>343512953
You can do what you want m8
But yea, those are the most cringeworthy part of the game because it's a big "wahh the violent male is stupid" despite him doing basically what Altair or Ezio would have done in his situation. He's a great character though, and he probably would have been the best if he was the one coming back to fix his own fuck ups without his dumb sister, but instead we get an actual mary sue in Evie. Fortunately that's only a small part of the game.

>>343513007
Because microtransactions and the ever constant attempt at "cutting off content for late game" They haven't figured out how to limit progression right yet, so now they tried to make late game enemies sponges that absorb your attacks early game.
>>
>>343503620
such shit taste.
3 is the best AC, yet the most hated.
Americans are just stupid.
>>
>>343503750
that's the most mediocre game in the series
>>
Syndicate should've just had Jacob and less faggy top hat outfits.
>>
>>343513483
That's why I used Edward's outfit with him. No top hat, but still stylish.
But I am 99% sure it was originally just Jacob. You can remove Evie and the Poo from the game, have Jacob do all of Evie's missions, and literally nothing changes plot wise.
>>
Half way thru 4 now.
wtf is the intellius office shit it brings me back to?
I just want to be a pirate, not a hacker or whatever.
Never played any others
>>
>>343513384
>3 is the best AC, yet the most hated.Americans are just stupid.
t. American false flag
>>
>>343503896
they fucked up unity so played it REALLY safe with syndicate
>>
>play AC2 and nothing else
>good game
>many years later play Black Flag
>expect some kind of improvement since there's been a gorillion games since AC2 to Black Flag
>the combat and climbing is somehow simplified from an already simple system

And that's when I understood why AC sucks.
>>
>>343514490
What I will never understand is people who play AC games expecting good combat.

No. Not even AC 1 had good combat. It was mostly stealth based. Black Flag was barely an assassin's creed game. Some people loved it -because- of that
>>
>>343503620
Brotherhood > 2 >3 >Revelations > 1 > Rogue>Unity >Black Flag> Syndicate > Liberation
>>
>>343514748
The climbing was simplified too. No lounging, no puzzles. One sprint button, no run/tackle and sprint.
>>
2>Brotherhood>>>Black Flag/Rogue>>>>>>>>>>Anything else
>>
>>343505665
>Ass N' Dick Fag
Thanks anon, gave me a giggle
>>
>>343509012
3 was shit and you are shit.
>>
>>343516631
I find the 0 minutes of gameplay funnier though
>>
>>343513447
wrong.
Thread replies: 173
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.