[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to believe it'll be good and usher in a new age of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 86
File: final-fantasy-xv.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
final-fantasy-xv.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
I want to believe it'll be good and usher in a new age of Japan leading the video game industry
>>
>>343492103
Too bad you can't.
>>
>>343492103
The early movie spoilers say the story is apparently highly political and morally gray. Considering how Japan is generally plagued with waifufaggotry and high-school shit, it's already doing something very unusual.
>>
It'll most likely be the first game to do open world corecctly and do it in a meaningful way. If the vibe and pacing I got from Duscae is the main game then it'll be a joy just traversing the plains and doing the missions and side stuff.

All I can think about is what they havent showed and I hope there some surprises
>>
I was looking forward to it until I saw the gameplay at E3. The player was choking hard but even beneath that it looked like trash.

>>343494263
It isn't too unusual. It's just smaller stuff pandering to the current demands. Titles with established fanbases don't have to conform as much.
>>
The Japanese are dying out. Time to move on.
>>
>>343494749
>looked like trash

compared to what? most rpgs don't have that great of combat.
>>
>>343492103
It will be.
>>
>>343494263
>plagued with waifufaggotry and high-school shit

so much this.

the fact there are no female party members is a huge risk they're taking. I'm sort of surprised honestly. but this looks sincere anyway. hope it turns out good. not like there's a lot of competition in the way of jrpgs these days.
>>
File: bloody immigrant scum.jpg (189 KB, 2047x985) Image search: [Google]
bloody immigrant scum.jpg
189 KB, 2047x985
>>343494263
>see we don't need any of you... immigrants, jumpin around, playing war hero.

PELNA
E
L
N
A
>>
>>343494914
They are imitating a gameplay style that isn't that often associated with RPGs, yeah. Their delivery if the type of gameplay they have gone for looks as though they poorly understood it.
>>
>>343495875
It's an Action RPG. Not sure what you are trying to say.
>>
>>343494620
>It'll most likely be the first game to do open world corecctly
You're actually insane.
>>
>>343496091
I'm saying it looks like an action rpg with really bad action.
>>
>>343495058
It's not a risk they're taking, SE just put their trust in Nomura because his games sell. Then they took the game away from him and it suffered.

A traditional FF made by the good folks who raised the series would be better for us but modern Square Enix just has Nomura and the other shit directors.
>>
>>343496205
It don't though.
>>
>>343495551
We social commentary now
>>
>>343496465
The game is turning out better right now because of no Nomura, if he was still around it would be a fucking musical or a billion sequels and delayed to 3098.
>>
>>343496640
False.
>>
File: E3 absolute shit game.webm (1 MB, 1059x529) Image search: [Google]
E3 absolute shit game.webm
1 MB, 1059x529
>>343496205
This.

>>343496562
The gameplay looks dreadful and it's boring to play.
>>
>>343496707
No it's true.

>>343496720
Fuck off Nomura-kun.

https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/E3%20absolute%20shit%20game.webm/
>>
File: Lunafreya KG.jpg (105 KB, 750x842) Image search: [Google]
Lunafreya KG.jpg
105 KB, 750x842
Dumping the Jap spoilers from 2ch and movie review sites. Take with a grain of salt, but it should be accurate to a certain degree. Don't read if you don't want to be spoiled, obviously.

http://pastebin.com/HQQ0Ksex

TL:DR: everybody did everything wrong.
>>
File: the sad story of XV-kun.jpg (4 MB, 4672x4848) Image search: [Google]
the sad story of XV-kun.jpg
4 MB, 4672x4848
>>343496759
Welp, time to disregard every post praising this game in this thread. It's bazztek aka xv-kun aka 1truth!
>>
>>343496720
Can you make a webm of the glitch at 38:28

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8MQh7nzO84
>>
>>343494263
>highly political and morally gray.
It's going to be a simple evil empire story but it turns out that Noctis' side did bad things in the past too but they're still good guys and oh what do you know the high ranking guy on the bad side is going to summon an evil god.
>>
File: nomura planning.png (8 KB, 575x130) Image search: [Google]
nomura planning.png
8 KB, 575x130
>>343496707
He literally said he wanted to turn it into a musical. It might have been a joke, but the guy is batshit insane.
>>
>>343496205
Honestly the action is turning out fine to me. It feels like it isn't trying to focus so much on being a tryhard ARPG. I would rather focus more on the other aspects of the game. Fuck, you guys act as if we don't get a shit ton of ARPG's per year now. Why would I want yet another generic ARPG?
>>
>>343496854
Fuck off Nomura-kun aka Pesmerga. Funny how you got banned from gamefags and are going all out here now.
https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/the%20sad%20story%20of%20XV-kun.jpg/
>>
>>343494620

>It'll most likely be the first game to do open world corecctly

Go fuck yourselve.
>>
i'll buy it if the main guy is gay with that blonde
>>
>>343496942
I'm legitimately never going to play the game because I'm just not interested. I'm just explaining how I feel about what I've seen.

You keep referencing it being relative to other titles.
Unless all games are trash then it doesn't matter.
The game in question is moving the franchise from one genre to another.
The new genre has specific tenets of good game design.
The game we are discussing does not seem to properly understand these tenets. Maybe it will be 'unique' in its lack of understanding, but the results of this appear only negative in this instance.
>>
>>343497349
First of all you have poor understanding of these "tenets" if XV somehow doesn't adhere to them when we already know it does.
>>
>>343496883
What glitch?

>>343496942
>It feels like it isn't trying to focus so much on being a tryhard ARPG
Is this a joke? The majority of the game is involving the shitty action combat.
>>
>>343496823
It's reviewing really well in Japan too.

https://filmarks.com/detail/47684
>>
>>343497583
teleporting big guy
>>
>>343497457
Oh okay. I must've forgotten to damage my eyes to the point that I would require glasses to see properly and then forget to put on said glasses before I watched FFXV gameplay footage.
>>
>>343497583
He's going to pretend that Gladio being warped to Noctis's location before he does the attack is a glitch.

>The majority of the game is involving the shitty action combat.
You must have played different demos to the ones I played because the action in them was already good and much more involving than any of the action in KH games.
>>
>>343497720
>pretending it's a glitch
Are you saying that's a """"feature""""?
>>
File: quality programming nippon.webm (725 KB, 1059x529) Image search: [Google]
quality programming nippon.webm
725 KB, 1059x529
>>343497653
Holy shit how did I miss that.

>>343497720
>he's literally defending this
HAHAHAHHAHA
>>
>>343497662
>Watched
So you are admitting you haven't played it. If your entire basis is from the MS showing then that was already confirmed to be Mat playing like shit, which everyone pointed out including both people who played the Titan demo themselves and others on the dev team.
>>
>>343497823
fuck off xv-kun he's completely right.
>>
>>343497817
No I'm saying that party members are warped around the field to be near Noctis before doing team up link attacks.
>>
>>343497821
Oh look it's Pesmerga again ignoring that party members are warped to Noctis's position before doing link attacks.
>>
File: faggot teleporting.webm (3 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
faggot teleporting.webm
3 MB, 720x404
>>343497892
>npc freezes in place
>teleports 20 feet away to do literally nothing
>"ITS A FEATURE GUYS"

Kill yourself shill.
>>
>>343497891
Fuck off Pesmerga you lying cunt.
>>
>>343497954
How do explain the retard shooting at literally nothing in the background?
>>
>>343497972
He wasn't frozen, he was teleported to Noctis where they both do a link attack on the dual horn, you can literally see it in that footage.

And in your footage it literally shows Ignis going and healing Gladio
>>
>>343497823
I said "looked" from the beginning of this thread.
It doesn't devalue my opinion as a potential customer.
Sure, it might be more fun to play than it looks; but to me it clearly looks like something I don't want to play for the gameplay. While other titles of the same genre do look good to play.
>>
>>343497954
They aren't doing a link attack and that's not a good thing anyway you freak. A complete lack of polish, and party members freezing in place is a bug.

>people will literally buy this unfinished game
Laughing out loud.
>>
>>343498065
Uh you do know there are monsters that are off screen if you aren't facing the camera at them, right?
>>
>>343498165
Could you make a webm of those monsters?
>>
>>343498086
It actually does since you are talking out of your ass instead of from experience.
>>
>>343498089
Why are you lying Pes? We know they are doing a link attack because we can literally see them doing on because Noctis hit the behind which is the enemy weak spot which is allowing for link attacks to be initiated.

Nothing was "frozen" either, why the fuck do you try so hard with your lies?
>>
>>343497349
>You keep referencing it being relative to other titles.

Sorry to confuse you. The post that this is a reply to is a separate anon from all those other posts.

>The new genre has specific tenets of good game design.
Honestly I don't care for playing FF as an ARPG. I enjoyed Nier, but it also didn't try to be a great ARPG. If I only had a few ARPGs to play at a time, then I would want each one to be outstanding, but since I have so many to play, I just get tired of them. I can't bring myself to play half of the games I own because I don't feel like playing an ARPG, and if more of them failed as an ARPG, like Nier, then I would have an easier time playing them. I just want companies to branch out in genre, instead of making ARPG the end-all-be-all.

>>343497583
>The majority of the game is involving the shitty action combat.
I felt like exploration and items, and other such things were big parts of the game from what I've gotten to experience. The action felt like it was just a part of the equation. A means to an end. If I just held down X to win, I feel like there is other parts of the game that I may still get to enjoy, kind of like Kingdom Hearts.
>>
>>343498198
Why does it matter if we can't see them in that specific footage? We can see Prompto shooting offscreen meaning there is an enemy target there. Have you even played the game demo of even seen any footage? It's a real time Action RPG where monsters are always roaming the field, new monsters can also join up in battles you are already engaged in
>>
>>343498232
No it doesn't. The only person talking out of your ass is you, defending a game that looks(and is) fucking bad.
>>
>>343498525
Pesmerga just stop. You got banned from Gamefags because everyone called you out on your shit, you think you can get away with it here because of Anonymous because anyone can tell your autism and posting style from a mile away because you've been doing it for fucking years now.
>>
>>343498437
Nope, nothing but rocks there.
>>
>>343498232
No. You see I decide how valuable my observations are when it comes to consider purchasing something or not.
Unless somebody has a gun to my head in a hypothetical situation where I'm being forced to buy a game I don't think looks fun by somebody who does.

>>343498394
Yes, concentrating everything into a single genre leaves a poor taste in your mouth if it's drying out other genres. It unfortunately makes a lot of sense from a marketing standpoint though.
I'm not saying it should be an ARPG, and I'm not saying ARPGs are a better genre than others. I'm just saying that FFXV does not look like a particularly good ARPG.
>>
File: god awful.webm (3 MB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
god awful.webm
3 MB, 852x480
>>343498437
>>343498305
The damage control is real....

This is fucking pathetic.
>>
>>343494263
Have you watch the fucking anime? The one that involved the main characters the most? Its filled with all the shit you called out to.

>it's already doing something very unusual.

One of the excuse they make for this movie existence is that it would eat up their development time if they try to shove everything in to the game.
Out of everything, they choose this 'political' and 'morally gray' aspect of the world and cut it out from the main game and turn it into the movie.

So the question is...what left in the game?
>>
>>343498613
I'm not sure what you are trying to prove by posting this because in case you didn't know Prompto uses guns, which is long range, and we simply aren't seeing the enemies around him because the camera didn't focus or show that enemy.
>>
File: 100.jpg (52 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
100.jpg
52 KB, 480x640
>>343498626
>this guy is so mad he's still posting this webm and shitting up FFXV threads
>>
File: jumpin back up.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
jumpin back up.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>343498626
Not sure why you keep posting this as if it proves anything? You can literally just walk 5 meters down and jump back up the ledge.
>>
>>343492103
I want to believe it'll be good too, but the battle system is garbage.
>>
>>343498686
Have you not watched the ATR footage? That's literally the only enemy in the area. They even congratulate themselves after they kill it and gun boy runs at it like a retard a second after shooting at the ghosts you're describing
>>
>>343498674
Uh no, the game focuses on all that to, the only think Kingsglaive focuses on is the events that happen in Insomnia during the invasion. The game accounts for all of that while dealing with Noctis becoming king and the other story aspects such as the plague, the summons, the kings of the past, Niflheim and all that.
>>
>>343498626
What is this webm trying to show?
>>
>>343498837
>>343498930
You can't parkour in this open world game.

What a joke.
>>
>>343497821
I hope someone draws a bunch of art with Noctis fucking these wild animals in the ass.
>>
>>343498930
he can't get back up by grabbing onto the ledge and climbing up which I'll admit is annoying but he can literally walk 5 feet to the left or right and get jump back up
>>
>>343498975
oh ok...
>>
>>343498621
>I'm just saying that FFXV does not look like a particularly good ARPG.
Yes I understand that. I'm also saying that if it is a poor ARPG, then I get to focus less on the A, and more on the RPG. I want to focus on the side quests, exploration, story, so on. One reason I liked VIII so much was because of triple triad, and smaller shit like getting the GF's and doing the chocobo forests. Hell, even finding the UFO's was interesting. I'm hoping like hell that I get that with XV, and that it isn't 100% action and 0% everything else.
>>
>>343494263
>The early movie spoilers
Where would one find these?
>>
>>343498926
We don't know just yet.
Even if the game want to deal with all the aspect, the overall tone will dictate which direction it will drag the game to.

It will be FF'ish that for sure, but I won't count on them to deliver a good quality exposition and world build seeing that they are dumping a large aspect of it out of the main game.
>>
>>343492103
>usher in a new age of Japan leading the video game industry
ah, anon, i think you posted the wrong pic. here, this is the one you were looking for
>>
>>343492103
>and usher in a new age of Japan leading the video game industry
Considering they're just following in the footsteps of western design here I doubt it.

Plus it's already fucked up the open world aspect by making it nigh barren.
>>
>>343498882
Yes I have and that footage only showed them looking in one direction without circling around showing the entire scape.

>They even congratulate themselves after they kill it
Which they already do in Episode Duscae even before the entire battle ends regardless of there being more monsters or not, it's just whatever they say after being individual enemies, that entire clip doesn't even circle around it only shows the same viewpoint the whole time.

The fact that Prompto was shooting off screen means there was anther target off screen where they didn't pan the camera around to show.
>>
>>343498930
His shitty running animation
>>
>>343499112
It was made in a thread where the person who responded to me said that you could jump and climb back up any ledge.

Basically he's a liar, you can see him in action right now>>343498686
>>
>>343499267
They did pan the camera I just fucking posted a screenshot, there was nothing there.
>>
>>343499128
Fair enough. I couldn't understand your position until that post. My bad.

I'd still feel that quite harshly though. Hard to know just how bad the action will be or how much of it you'll be doing, but too much of a bad thing can in the end completely subtract from nearly everything else being good.
I don't think that will be the case for most though, but it probably will for me.
>>
That's precisely why even if it is good reviews will tear it apart and do everything they can to make it look bad.

The west runs the industry now. A Japanese resurgence would lose the western industry money in the long run, and Square's current run is the biggest threat to that. Just look at Star Ocean 5. Certainly not the best JRPG ever, but certainly not a 5 out of 10 for some crappy AI and a short length, which reviewers NEVER mark down for.They have a clear agenda.

FFXV may be good, or even great, but I guarantee it will critically bomb and be treated as a flop.
>>
>>343492103
Each time I've played it, it's gotten better.
(Episode Duscae, Platinum Demo, and E3 Titan demo)
But given the current state of Japan? I'm not sure much will change them, I hope to be wrong though, I miss the PS1/2 days.
>>
>>343498975
Except you can. Stop lying already Pes.

>>343498930
Some faggot is trying to act like you can't get up the ledge, even though you can just run down the side 5 meters and jump up it.
>>
>>343498674
The Kingsglaive events are part of the setting and take place right at the very beginning of the game. It's pretty much a super-long opening cinematic, not unlike FFXII's opening movie. Not sure how you've managed to come to the conclusion that a movie that utilizes the game's world building, characters and backstory somehow "cuts it out" from the game.
>>
>>343499208
Nice post, I'm a bit late in replying to it because I didn't see it immediately. Took a while to pop in.
>>
>>343499406
>Y-You CAN jump back up the ledge, you just have to go to a different ledge to do it!
>>
>>343499320
How is it a lie when you can jump up by literally going 5 meters down and jumping up as shown here >>343498837
>>
>>343499179
See >>343496823.
>>
>>343499347
Not him but it's not hard to tell, there is literally hours of gameplay footage.

What we know for a fact:
The world is empty like any other open world game not made by Rockstar
The combat sucks
The boss fights suck
The characters suck
The graphics for the most part suck

Pretty sure the game is going to be bad. The only things that could make it great would be the story but I highly doubt it will carry the rest of the game.
>>
>>343499470
But it is the same ledge, you go to a point of it 5 meters down and jump up it because that is the part that is within the jump arc. Why is this even a point of contention? What the fuck are you even trying to achieve?
>>
Not enough cute girls, its going to flop hard in Japan.
Only fujoshi can save it.
>>
>>343499208
This.

>>343499406
You can't jump over anything higher than 5 feet. Stop defending a shit game you autist.
>>
>>343499487
Thanks, I was too much of a dumb ass to scroll down before posting that.
>>
>>343499507
Nothing you said is true.
>>
>>343499358
It was pretty hilarious to see reviewers mark SO5 down for length after giving a ton of 10/10s to 2 hour long indie walking simulators.
>>
File: final-fantasy-xv-jump[1].gif (4 MB, 600x326) Image search: [Google]
final-fantasy-xv-jump[1].gif
4 MB, 600x326
>>343497972
I really hope there are GUI settings that allows you to get a clean look like these early gameplay snippets show.

The UI in the later gameplay videos, along with the lock-on reticles and damage numbers and whatnot is a little crowded and messy "korean MMORPG" looking.
>>
>>343499590
>>343499590
>You can't jump over anything higher than 5 feet.

And this matters because?
>>
>>343499416
Because the dev says it so?

All these side project and spin off that splurt out before the game even comes out is because they dev said that it would lengthen the already super long game development and have to cut it out into other small project.
>>
>>343499652
It's all true.
>>
>>343499704
You can turn off the UI and they mentioned something like the ED UI is also in the main game.
>>
>>343499776
They said the ED control scheme would be available, not the UI famalam
>>
>>343499590
You can't even manually jump in Ocarina of Time or FF7 yet those are considered two of the best games ever made.
>>
>>343499764
No it isn't Pes. I wonder why you try so hard, so much so that you have been doing this for literally 2 years. I remember when you first started doing this shit it was complaining about the LOD of the grass back in 2014.
>>
>>343496205
it looks "flashier" if that's what you mean.

honestly just looks like xenoblade, but with more input. if that's the case I'll be more than happy. go play dark souls or whatever you consider good if you hate it so much.
>>
>>343496465
>A traditional FF made by the good folks who raised the series would be better for us

speak for yourself. this looks better than some generic medieval ATB garbage. besides, those guys have all moved on/retired/lost their touch.
>>
>>343499718
Because it's lazy as fuck?

>>343499846
They aren't open world games made in 2016.
>>
>>343496854
I"m sick of all the hate this is getting. if it was a spinoff like originally it wouldn't be receiving so much.

no wonder devs don't know what to do with a series past a certain point. the fanbase becomes so unruly/shitty, they literally don't know how to please anyone.
>>
>>343499902
To me it looks like a teleport-heavy version of Kingdom Hearts combat with slower, more pronounced animations.

Looks pretty good so far, especially the fire spell is cool looking as shit, but I won't really know how it FEELS to play until I play it.

For all I know the combat might be stiff and awkward as hell.
>>
>>343498626
this isn't asscreed.
>>
>>343500101
It feels like pure shit. Aiming the magic feels like you're playing a tech demo and the button mashing combat is clunky as fuck.

It's absofuckinglutely nothing like Kingdom Hearts or any ARPG for that matter. It's its own brand of shit.
>>
>>343496823
Hold on a sec.

This says Crowe dies in the movie but Crowe was listed as Being in FFXV itself. A whole week before Uncovered XV event in March happened a character named Crowe was listed as being in FFXV game on it's IMDB page, and she would be voiced by Alexa Khan, at that same time D.C Douglas had a listing on XVs IMDB too for a character named Weskham Armaugh, and that character was confirmed during E3 to be an actual character too. We also know that Drautos is in FFXV game too as we see him in the intro cutscene.
>>
>>343499208
nintendo don't know how to make good zeldas anymore.

shame they didn't hand it off to from. a grittier Zelda would've been amazing.
>>
>>343500084
Lazy compared to what?
>>
>>343500320
Almost every other modern open world game.
>>
>>343500101
still better than turn based combat.
>>
>>343500190
Nice try Pesfag. You can instant cast magic with L1+O and combos feel good if you actually know how to play. It's also better than KH since there is more inputs and things to do in combat.
>>
>>343500338
overworld mechanics have always been stiff and awkward in this series. how is this news?
>>
Why does it feel like this game suddenly dropped off a cliff in terms of quality, did the team that produced Episode Duscae just abandon it and this is the cobbled remains of whatever inept retards they could pull together to finish it?

Episode Duscae was genuinely impressive but now it feels like they turned the project around in a complete 180 and nosedived it into the ground.
>>
>>343500528
how so?
>>
>>343500262
Drautos/Glauca survives just fine, so obviously we'll see him in the game. As for Crowe, the person might have been mistaken or we get to see her in a flashback of sorts. Noctis seems to reform the Kingsglaive towards the end of the game, so their unit and what happened to it will most likely play a fairly large role.
>>
>>343500338
And how many of them have monsters this big? With battles as free flowing and dynamic as XV? Guess you are also ignoring that you have warping.
>>
>>343499507
I'd not exclude Rockstar titles from the list of empty open worlds.
The combat is what appears subpar to me and started this discussion yes.
The boss fights are an extension of the combat.
I don't know enough about the characters to judge them but they don't look interesting enough to invite me to inquire further.
The graphics aren't top of the line but I have no issues with how it looks at all.
>>
>>343500528
Not sure what you are on about since the game looks better now than it did from ED and we've seen a lot of improvements combat wise, performance vise and visually since ED.
>>
>>343499831
He's right about the HUD, though. You can turn it off.
>>
File: 111.gif (1 MB, 285x212) Image search: [Google]
111.gif
1 MB, 285x212
>>343500279
I love the Souls series myself, but this is exactly why most people hate you fucking Fromdrones.

You want every fucking thing to be "muh gritty dark fantasy" now. The new Zelda looks beautiful and has a very fitting artstyle for a Zelda game.
>>
File: quality.webm (591 KB, 1005x494) Image search: [Google]
quality.webm
591 KB, 1005x494
>>343500585
>With battles as free flowing and dynamic as XV?
lol.
>>
File: 1465778085381.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1465778085381.webm
3 MB, 960x540
so dynamic.
>>
>>343500262
>>343500583
To add, the scene that shows Drautos in FFXV takes place before Noctis leaves Insomnia and Niflheim's invasion. He has no reason not to be there.
>>
>>343500676
OOT was exactly that though. I'd like dark souls better if there were actual side quests/towns/more whimsy and lighthearted elements, instead of grimdark 24/7. that's what OOT/MM succeeded at so well. I'd love if the series returned to that. but instead we get.... well, whatever SS was supposed to be.
>>
funny, everyone in these threads is still going to buy this and play it.
>>
>>343500583
But how can Glauca be Drautos when Glauca is the military general of Niflheim and from Niflheim, while Drautos is the commander general of the Kingsglaive and in Lucis?

Does that mean this face which showed up in the E3 2013 trailer was Drautos/Glauca all along?It shows up when the faces are flashing where it shows Regis + his right hand man, then this face and Iedolas
>>
>>343500882
You're kidding yourself. There's almost no hype for this game.
>>
>>343500752
Yes not seeing the problem here, it's clearly just a bug from a quickly put together E3 demo.

>>343500752
And here Mat as already confirmed just played like shit.
>>
>>343501035
Why do you keep spouting lies Pes?
>>
>>343501012
IIRC Drautos does not actually handle day to day command duties in KG, Luche Lazarus does. Spoilers mentioned that Drautos has supernatural abilities that do not come from the Caelum powers. He's not a normal person.
>>
>>343501420
I always thought it was weird that he doesn't have a last name listed but everyone else did.
>>
>>343500262
I wouldn't take an IMDB listing as fact
>>
>>343492103
Nah it's going to be the epitome of everything wrong with modern Square Enix, more-so than the FFXIII trilogy.
>>
File: 1129.gif (625 KB, 376x282) Image search: [Google]
1129.gif
625 KB, 376x282
>>343500805
>I'd like dark souls better if there were actual side quests/towns

I agree with this, but I think the grimdark edgyness is part of the charm of Souls.

I also agree with what you said about OOT and MM though. It was just kind of hard to read into what you meant with "I want it darker like Souls". OOT and MM struck the perfect balance between dark and light hearted/adventureous.

I still think Breath of the Wild looks fine and pretty as it is though. I judge a game more on its gameplay than its looks anyway.
>>
>>343501578
It was listed a whole week before Kingsglaive was even revealed, and specifically had Crowe listed as for FFXV. And Weskham turned out to be a real character too.
>>
>>343501012
Kingsglaive entered production in 2013, so yeah, it's almost certainly him. And this is one spoiler that is pretty much 100% confirmed. Even non-spoiler reviewers noted that although it's very subtle, you can tell who Glauca is if you listen to his voice carefully. The Nip twitter also had angry "Fuck you, Drautos, fuck you!" reactions after the screening.
>>
>>343501912
Well since Glauca was confirmed to be a character in the game back in Jan guess that is why Drautos is in the game too.
>>
Loved ED
Hated PD
Liked the E3 gameplay even if visually its just awful. Looks like fairly solid 30fps which is better than both previous demos by quite a bit
>>
>>343495551
REMOVE

...uuuh

who we haitin' here?
>>
>>343502338
>29 posters
>145 replies

Kill yourself xv-kun
>>
>>343502724
There is this thing called conversations, it's a miraculous process were people exchange thoughts and ideas by conversing, often on an online forum such as this one would make multiple posts with another fellow while engaging in discussion.
>>
>>343502637
same here.
Fucking up mechazombiesoldiers with my katana teleporting behind you at a stable 30 fps? count me in tabata
>>
>>343502637
>9th generation of consoles
>STILL having to cap fps in games at 30

I didn't mind the last couple of gens due to the hardware limitations, but now its getting fucking annoying.

Please tell me this is coming out for PC too. Not that I'm not gonna get a PS4 eventually, but fuck that 30 fps bullshit.
>>
File: we built a great wall.jpg (203 KB, 1267x813) Image search: [Google]
we built a great wall.jpg
203 KB, 1267x813
>>343502670
REMOVE IMMIGRANTS AND POOR PEOPLE
>yfw ordinary Lucians are a bunch of Trump voters
>>
>>343503554
PC probably sometime next year
>>
>>343494263
Nothing says more high school shit in Japan than a boy band.
>>
>>343503902
Doubt it'll be that close. Earliest is 2018.
>>
File: smile.gif (971 KB, 232x226) Image search: [Google]
smile.gif
971 KB, 232x226
>>343503902
Oh fuck I had on idea. I thought this was supposed to be a PS4 exclusive.

You made my day anon.
>>
>>343503616
Which demo is this?
>>
>>343494620
The fact that they're hiding newer build Duscae and a few other areas, worries the crap outta me.
>>
>>343504225
The E3 demo.
>>
>>343504340
The dev team said they're trying to keep the marketing from spoiling the shit out of the game and locations until close to release. Considering the FFVII marketing for example managed to spoil everything including Aerith's death and the very ending months before the game was out, it's probably a good thing.
>>
>>343504724
This. The map picture is after all hueg as fuck. And we have no idea how many or how large underground areas there are.
>>
Kingsglaive seems good at least
>>
>>343504724
Behold the spoilerific FFVII commercials. The American trailers also didn't show a single second of actual gameplay; it was all CG movies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDz9A4ByHIQ
>>
File: 1323141444171.jpg (407 KB, 885x876) Image search: [Google]
1323141444171.jpg
407 KB, 885x876
I want to lick his nose!
>>
>>343504340
How would it be anything else but improved though?
>>
>>343492103
>Gay Party XV: Rise of the Queer Prince

Nope.
>>
>japan leading games industry
LOL.They barely make games for pc or xbone
>>
>>343505171
....and?
Those two platforms are irrelevant.
>>
>>343500084
>They aren't open world games made in 2016.
You can't do it in Witcher 3 and it's regarded as one of, if not the single best open world game ever made right now toddler.
>>
File: CmWljheVYAAxINa.jpg large.jpg (86 KB, 993x575) Image search: [Google]
CmWljheVYAAxINa.jpg large.jpg
86 KB, 993x575
This big rocky place we see in the uncovered trailer is called "The Rock of Ravatogh". There was some fan meeting in Japan where they got to play the titan demo and just had some of the concept art books for them to flick through.
>>
>>343496895
Fucking this, man.
This is one of the reasons I liked XII. The story is more multifaceted than the overdone teenagers save the world from ancient demigod trope.
>>
>>343505450
None of the characters in XV are teenagers and the story in XV is dealing with Noctis becoming king. There is no indication that the villains we know about have anything to do with demigods at all either.
>>
>>343505450
yeah, but I admit I would have liked to go destroy the occuria at the end of the game or the final battle wasn't just me destroying Vayne, who did absolutely nothing wrong
>>
>>343500805
>instead of grimdark 24/7
There's light hearted elements mixed into character sidequests.

If you made it a Marvel quipfest it would ruin the atmosphere.
>>
>>343504026
It's not confirmed that there's gonna be a PC version, it's just something that can be reasonably assumed.
>>
>>343502724
>you should only make one reply in a thread then leave the thread forever like typical shitpost-kun here does
>conversations are forbidden!
>>
File: CmWoR11VYAAv9PX.jpg large.jpg (19 KB, 346x245) Image search: [Google]
CmWoR11VYAAv9PX.jpg large.jpg
19 KB, 346x245
>>343505356
Some other never before seen concept art.
>>
>>343504724
This. The map picture is after all hueg as fuck. And we have no idea how many or how large underground areas there are.
>>
>>343505781
I wonder if the actual world is really as big as that map. Even if we assume that a lot of it is just space that exists to be driven trhough it'd be pretty huge... we've seen absolutely nothing of Niflheim and Solstheim yet.
>>
>>343492103

I hope it'll usher in a new age of Japanese games too, Anon.

But, sadly, I doubt it. Persona 5 has a higher propability.
>>
>>343506201
>Persona 5
literally irrelevant
>>
>>343506201
>Persona
who?
>>
>>343506101
Some people speculating that the scene we see them driving in the E3 2016 trailer at night might actually be Niflheim.
>>
From all the spoilers I can conclude this.

This game is a mangled mess. Obviously most of the story is still based on Versus XIII but all of the changes tabata made and the decision to make half of the game as a movie really makes me wonder how mangled will the game feel like.

Noctis is turning out to be a sheltered baby that everyone sacrifices for. What a bad idea to have as a main character.

FFXV will be to Versus what Game of Thrones is to A Song of Ice and Fire. An adaptation made by morons that didn't quite get the original version.
>>
File: z109q.jpg (472 KB, 1502x995) Image search: [Google]
z109q.jpg
472 KB, 1502x995
>>343506101
We might have seen something of Niflheim already. The huge industrial areas and snowy mountains in the Uncovered and Environment trailers? Pic related comes from super early (cca 2008) concept planning notes for Versus. The lower left concept art looks pretty much identical to the industrial areas we've seen recently. The notes on the whiteboard also mention Niflheim.
>>
>>343506657
We already know that he's about as non-sheltered as an Insomnian citizen can get. He was also presented as more hotheaded and childish in the 2011 trailer than in XV.
>>
If Hooded Guy isn't a recurrent villain like Seymour/Wiegraf I'm gonna be mad
>>
>>343494263
Kojima said that too.

>u will be ashamed
Lolright

LAFFIN at final fantasy faggots: totally not sasuke edition
>>
>>343506914
I get the feeling that he and Glauca die in the movie.

Ardyn is going to be the big bad guy
>>
>>343506948
This was said by the movie reviewers, retard.
>>
>>343506948
The amount of meme in this post is too staggering.
>>
>>343506994
how can he die when he's in a cutscene from the game after the invasion?
>>
>>343506994
We already know Glauca survives the movie.
>>
>>343506657
Fuck off retard, it isn't a mess at all. Nothing you said is even remotely true. Take your memes back to what ever Nomura cocksucking forum you crawled out of.
>>
>>343505295
Yes you can.
>>
File: ardyn_izunia.png (201 KB, 350x351) Image search: [Google]
ardyn_izunia.png
201 KB, 350x351
>>343505594

Well, pic related seems likely. It's speculated (rumors), that he might be a summon, "Astrals" they call them in the game, disguised in human form. The same might go for Gentiana aka Himecut, who's considered as Shiva. It's hinted in the second Brotherhood Anime Episode, in which she seems to be around the same age as ingame.
>>
>>343506994
He won't because Tabata already confirmed white hood man is in the game just before E3.

Also the cast listing for Kingsglaive on the official website confirms that Yuichi Nakamura is voicing a character named Ravus Nox Fleuret, the white hood man was voiced by Yuichi Nakamura in the E3 2013 trailer which means the white hooded mans name is Ravus Nox Fleuret and is related to Luna.

Ardyn is just a red herring and will be one of the fake out villains, like Rufus in FF7. We already know Glauca is in the game too since he was first revealed as a character in the game in January earlier this year.

Ravus was directly talking about the world ending in the 2013 trailer and we also see him commanding a Niflheim soldier. We know that the plague of the stars is ending the world and that it's Luna's job to try and stop the plague that is ending the world.

>>343506914
He is most likely one of the central if not the central villain.
>>
>>343507451
Doubt it'll be Shiva, if there is any truth in it, it'll be Leviathan. There's a fan speculation video on youtube that I really liked. Even as far as to speculate the connection between XV and VII.
>>
File: CmWtEqgVYAAqZRJ.jpg-orig.jpg (30 KB, 466x290) Image search: [Google]
CmWtEqgVYAAqZRJ.jpg-orig.jpg
30 KB, 466x290
Insomnia for ants.

>>343507451
She's not speculated to be Shiva. There's a far older speculation that she might be Leviathan's human form, since Leviathan is confirmed to be an elegant female and we see a dark-haired woman with a fish tail embrace somebody who's speculated to be Bahamut in the Cosmogony painting.
>>
>>343507451
Those "rumors" were already debunked and proven fake, it was just bullshit someone made up on /v/.

The theory of Gentiana being a summon had existence ever since we first saw her standing next to Luna and holding the Trident, and if she does turn out to be a summon in human form she would most likely be Leviathan.

Nothing is "hinted" in brotherhood either, she has 2 lines in that entire episode and it was just about reaching out to Prompto to thank him for finding the Pryna.

There is no basis for Ardyn being a summon in human disguise at all.
>>
File: ertwert.jpg (464 KB, 897x611) Image search: [Google]
ertwert.jpg
464 KB, 897x611
What about side quests? Witcher 3 spoiled me in this regard and but I haven't heard anything about side quests tor FF15
>>
File: CmWHgoqVIAEgCMZ.jpg orig.jpg (440 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
CmWHgoqVIAEgCMZ.jpg orig.jpg
440 KB, 2048x1536
>>343507751
Top left looks like what might be Noctis's house interior
>>
>>343507617
so it's Ravus huh?

It was pretty obvious he was related to Luna or at least Tenebrae looking at the Fenrir pauldron he wears, probably her brother.
>>
File: 1426587796895.png (2 MB, 1365x767) Image search: [Google]
1426587796895.png
2 MB, 1365x767
>>343507692
>>343507751
Shiva is blonde/white-haired, while the fish-woman has black hair. If Gentiana is one of those two summons, it's more likely that she'd be Leviathan.
>>
File: ffxv hunts.jpg (490 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ffxv hunts.jpg
490 KB, 1920x1080
>>343507850
There is 4 kinds of quests. Main quest, which is the main story, regional side quests, which are side quests from region to region, for fun quests, which are quests based on minigames like fishing and chocobo races, and monster hunts which work like in FF12.
>>
>>343507940
And Tabata made it a point to specify that Leviathan was a female.
>>
>>343507870
Damn, talk about bleak. Looks like a hospital.
>>
File: Stella.jpg (78 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Stella.jpg
78 KB, 1280x720
I want a Stella model dlc for Luna.

Do you guys think I should have hope ?

I really hate how Yuna-ish Luna looks
>>
>>343497035
This desu senpai
>>
>>343508262
Fuck off with this Rinoa2.0 slut.
>>
>>343506725
Could be, I guess. It's just that from everything we've heard so far we were lead to assume that Niflheim has a more medieval look to it.
>>
>>343507940
>>343507751

Then why we're seeing Luna fighting against Leviathan? It makes sense what you both said, that she might Leviathan, but she has to fight her bodyguard? Which gave her the trident in an artwork, if I recall it correctly.
>>
>>343508328

>implying that Rinoa is still not lightyears ahead of Yuna
>>
I've never played FF, downloading FFVII right now. If it's bad I'm going to kill you all.
Just letting you know.
>>
>>343508330
I think they may have been talking about the characters and their military structure rather than the design aesthetic of their kingdom.

Niflheim seems to be medieval mixed with mechs in terms of design aesthetic. But Niflheim are also said to be the ones who invented cars in XV, and we see they also have airships, tanks, trucks, Magitek.
>>
>>343508331
Maybe she is being tested.
>>
>>343508331
She's not fighting her, but arguing ("Bear witness, for the King shall prove himself worthy.") IIRC they put it as "Luna stares down Leviathan".

The whole summon thing is still pure speculation, though.
>>
>>343508451

I can dig that. I'd actually prefer kind of a dieselpunk looking area to a generically medieval one.
>>
>>343492103
But it's a fucking action game.
The very least they could have done was rebrand it or keep it a spinoff instead of a mainline number.
>>
>>343508451
Yeah. And Niflheim has had magitek, super airships and mechs since the Versus days.
>>
File: leviathangentianaluna.jpg (1 MB, 1765x1723) Image search: [Google]
leviathangentianaluna.jpg
1 MB, 1765x1723
I would also like to point out that the Trident Luna has evokes the image of Leviathan. The headshape of Levi resembles the three prongs on the Trident, also Gentiana's "flowy" dress scarf thing sort of evokes the fins on Leviathan.

So possibly if Gentiana is Leviathan, then she has been guarding Luna for a long time and she gave Luna that Trident. And later on when we see her showing down against the Leviathan it is Luna being tested by her to see if she is truly worthy, sort of like how Noctis also gets tested by fighting the summons.
>>
File: dropped.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
dropped.gif
2 MB, 400x225
Honestly hope the game just flops, even though I know it won't.
>>
>>343509226
ebin
>>
>>343508634
They didn't do it for FFXI or FFXIV.
>>
>>343498626
>2016
>open world
>not able to do simple climb let alone parkour
>>
>>343509752
>muh parkour
Go to bed, Ubisoft.
>>
>>343509752
Why are you samefagging again Pes? I mean you were already proven wrong in this thread and in every other thread you spouted this shit in >>343499406 >>343498837
>>
>>343509752
Fuck off Pes.
>>
>>343492103
It won't.
But it might be a good game overall.
That will do for me.
>>
>>343497972
Holy fucking shit how can this be after all those years in the making ?
You know what, I think I'll wait for the debuged/fixed fps PC version. I don't care anymore I can wait 5 years more, I just don't believe in this game, it still doesn't look ready at all.

Unbelievable
>>
>>343511067
You realize that's a months old debug version right?

>all these years
It has not fucking been in dev for 10 years on a single build, it hasn't even been 4, stop with this meme already.
>>
>>343511187
>You realize that's a months old debug version right?
Keep telling that yourself. Game's out in a few months.
>it hasn't even been 4
Still, it's lame.
>>
>>343511304
That footage was literally recorded from the debug dev build that was quickly put together in May. I don't think you know anything about game development or how optimization, debugging and polishing works.
>>
>>343492103
Game looks more gay than the Backstreet Boys.
>>
>>343512580
Why are you talking about yourself?
>>
>>343512580
>Backstreet Boys
>Gay

You're fucking retarded and have shit taste in music
>>
>>343509490
And they suck too. But at the very least they aren't action games.
>>
>>343512739
>>343513740
They do look like a boy band I am sorry if that triggers you XDDD
>>
File: fugoff.jpg (47 KB, 504x449) Image search: [Google]
fugoff.jpg
47 KB, 504x449
>>343513935
>XDDD
>>
>>343492103
Looking forward too it, hated lightning series.
>>
>>343513860
FFXI was fine and XIV was great.
What you got against action games? Too fast for you?
>>
>>343514520
>What you got against action games?
Too far away from Final Fantasy. Is all.
I love action games though. But keep that shit far away from Final Fantasy.

So yes. I don't consider action games to be too fast or anything. But I certainly considers it too much for Final Fantasy in particular. Fuck the idea of mainline Final Fantasy being action games.
>>
>>343514829
It's an Action RPG. It's still an RPG. The entire point of FF is change, be it CRPG, MMORPG, ATB, TB, RTB, CSB, CTB, AXB as Action RPG.
>>
>>343514921
This guy gets it.
>>
>>343514921
ATBs are still turn based. Don't go all anal and try to argue otherwise.
>>
File: triggered.jpg (36 KB, 600x685) Image search: [Google]
triggered.jpg
36 KB, 600x685
>>343495058
>no female party members
>effeminate men all over
>dlc is literally clothing

c-can't we just go back to sexy grillls and blue mages??
>>
>>343515076
No it isn't, ATB is time based.
>>
File: gladio-face.jpg (416 KB, 932x934) Image search: [Google]
gladio-face.jpg
416 KB, 932x934
>>343515249
>effeminate men all over
>dlc is literally clothing
The only DLC clothing is a suit for Noctis which is his dads suit, the other DLC is weapons from other FF games and alternate skins for the car.
>>
>>343514829
Chocobos were at one point too far away from FF; they were only introduced in FFII. Summons and moogles didn't exist until FFIII. Most things that people consider to be FF staples haven't been there since the beginning and only appeared later. The series has been building and reinventing itself for 30 years, so saying that something is "real FF" and something is not is pretty much meaningless.
>>
>>343515076
It's more accurate to say that ATB is delay based. It doesn't have real turns; the enemies can attack you forever if you don't act. What it does is inserting mandatory delays before every action.
>>
>>343515841
Not acting is just the equivalent of passing your turn.
The math behind the systems are the same.
>>
>>343514921
What was FFXII called?
That seemed liked the biggest change to FF, not counting XI being a MMO.

I just don't want random battles and loading screens for battles, those are both extremely dated at this point.
>>
File: worse than the holocaust.png (2 MB, 1358x762) Image search: [Google]
worse than the holocaust.png
2 MB, 1358x762
>>343515490
>one guy out of 4 is normal looking
>this negates that the others look like boipussy slinging pop stars

k

>dads suit

you mean this crime against humanity?

>car skins

basically the same as clothing, equally retarded anyway
>>
>>343516092
ADB (Active Dimension Battle). FFXV has AXB (Active Cross Battle).
>>
>>343497653
pshh
for you, kid
>>
File: Regis-30s.jpg (250 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Regis-30s.jpg
250 KB, 960x540
>>343516275
>you mean this crime against humanity?
How is that a "crime against humanity"? It's an expensive and based as fuck suit.

Ignis and Cor look nothing like pop stars either, and Noctis and Prompto both have common as fuck JRPG hairstyles both of which have been in FF before.

>basically the same as clothing, equally retarded anyway
What the fuck is your problem exactly? That DLC is cosmetic just like it is in pretty much 99% of DLC in other games?
>>
>>343516275
>instead of creating original costumes, they got some shitty clothing designer to make generic modern clothes for them
Fuck this game.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 86

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.