[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Don't Starve
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 438x370) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 438x370
How the fuck do I survive until winter? Every time the wolves attack I nearly die and our group keeps running out of food or it spoils. Fuck this game.
>>
>>343472878
Make farms, and drying racks to make jerky. Jerky lasts a shitload and restores hunger AND sanity. If you find any clockwork areas, kill enemies for their gears to craft a fridge. Also, warm clothing.
>>
Wolves are easy to beat.

Make a spear, some wood armor and you're set. Just bait an attack. After they miss, they bark twice. Go in and strike them down twice and then go back to step 1 until you win.

Alternatively, if you find a tree monster, lead them towards it and bait out an attack. High chance that the tree monster will hit a wolf, and the pack will then focus on the tree monster who will then fuck up the entire pack, giving you a ton of free monster meat.

Put that shit on drying racks, make a crock pot, and you're set.
>>
>>343473124
You can also get gears from digging up graves.
>>
Making a base near beefalo is really good, it lets you trap rabbits for food since there are lots in that biome, beefalo can protect you against hounds if you force them to attack the beefalo too. They also drop manure which is used for farms and also relocating things like berry bushes.
You can get protection and manure from pigs as well, but I prefer beefalo since you need to feed the pigs to get their manure.
>>
>>343473124
Farms are worthless during Winter.

>>343472878
First few days you should be exploring, you want to find resources and know where things are because when Winter does hit you can't just wander all over the place without proper winter clothes or a million fires.

>our group keeps running out of food
Playing on DST? Got room for one more? I'm kind of bored.

Yell at your base bunnies, someone should be getting rabbits, someone should be hunting, kill pigs if you have to. Gather berries.
3 berries + 1 meat in a crockpot = meatballs. Hell, you can even use Monster Meat.

Someone should be farming spiders anyway.

Grass Suit costs like 10 grass and means you reduce damage by 65%
Log Suit is 8 logs, which isn't too bad, and cuts off 85% damage.
>>
>>343475246
Sorry we don't want fags in our group
>>
>>343475246
You can leave food on the farmplot and it won't spoil though, if I recall.
>>
>>343475246
So there is no point in farming? I thought bunnies weren't infinite. Got 6 people already soz man

>>343475440
Fuck off
>>
>>343475246
You can still stockpile veggies in the winter

Also OP, if you're not playing wilson, it's best to craft some warm item if you want to go anywhere during winter. Koelefants are quite easy to kill with good armor and a weapon
>>
>>343475246
Farms are always worthless.
>>
>>343475693
Fuck you imposter
>>
>>343475693
Farms are nice, but they don't grow anything in winter. If you're playing with a bunch of people then try to do a lot of exploring at first, picking up berries and carrots on the way to share them. Building a crock pot early makes all your food a lot more efficient so you don't have to waste as much. With 6 people you need a lot of food so it's important to have people getting a bunch.
Also I think bunnies are infinite, it's just that they don't spawn at certain times, spring I think?
>>
>>343472878
Make a base next to a spider nest(s). Then get what you need to make a crockpot.
Then you farm spiders for monster meat. You can't eat monster meat without getting sick, but you can cook eatable food using monster meat and the crockpot.

Then you farm trees and other renewable stuff to keep a steady supply of renewable gear.
Then you venture out and gather rarer resources to up yourself in the tech tree, and get yourself better and better gear. Allowing you to venture out further and further. And hopefully you don't die along the way.
>>
>>343475693
Vegetables are nice supplementary to your food supply but mostly you want to have a fridge, requires gears, next to a crock pot which can make food superior to the ingredients involved. Meatballs is a good catchall and easy to make.

Bunnies are available til winter ends, bee boxes can only be made in autmn otherwise bees spawn angry/unusable.

There are tracks on the ground in random places, one person should follow them til they find a Kaolqphant which results in 8 meat and a trunk(used for vests).
Otherwise kill pigs, they regeneration every 3 days. You can feed them 4 monster meats and then kill them for 2 normal meat + pigskin( for helmets)
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.