[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ace Combat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
File: 1313674892_20.jpg (736 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1313674892_20.jpg
736 KB, 1280x720
How do i get into the Ace Combat series?
Should i just play all of them in release order?
>>
no because half of them are bad

Play 4, then 5, then 0

Then try 6 if you feel like it

Then if you're really desperate hunt down the Japanese version of 3
>>
File: ace combat how to play.jpg (2 MB, 1500x3000) Image search: [Google]
ace combat how to play.jpg
2 MB, 1500x3000
See pic

Release order is good but you can start on the modern games (Ace Combat 4 onwards) if you want. It's good to appreciate the old games too though.

Also 3's official translation is fucked.
>>
>>343456231
>>343456298
Alright thanks, guess i'll start with 4 then and go from there. Can't believe for how long the series went past me
>>
>>343456482
You're about to enter a world of bliss. Enjoy it fucker.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haEoo0RHu-Q
>>
File: RM9KU0n.jpg (447 KB, 2384x1784) Image search: [Google]
RM9KU0n.jpg
447 KB, 2384x1784
>>343456298
As others have said, "The Holy Trinity" is 4, 5, then Zero. These games are so good, that opinion on favorites is split nearly even.

As far as I am concerned there is no greater hidden gem series than Ace Combat. Can you imagine an arcade air combat game evolved into having latin choirs singing for custom-composed orchestral soundtracks?

I will say that 4 is slightly older so it feels a little unpolished compared to 5, and Zero, but it's still a fantastic game.

6 is decent for gameplay and worth picking up, but doesn't hold the same amazing storytelling that you get out of the trinity. X on PSP is really good too.
>>
>>343456590
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZBoiW460nU

I still can't believe this is music from a game about fighter jets.
>>
>>343457351
That's fine, i don't really have problems with going back to older games
>>
File: ac5-solg.jpg (1 MB, 1800x2000) Image search: [Google]
ac5-solg.jpg
1 MB, 1800x2000
>>343457582
A chorus singing latin is the only real way to hype a final battle up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1Qkzj5bStU
>>
>>343457703
I mean they're all PS2 and graphically not much different from one another, but I just mean 4 was them getting their feet wet with the series, and 5 is when it really got refined. Definitely don't skip 4, you'll have a blast.
>>
>>343456298
Have they fixed the emulation issues yet?
>>
>>343458023
I won't, i'll probably also go and play 3
>>
>>343458161
It's a little better since that chart was made, but there are still some ground texture issues (still playable though)
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.