[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we talk about Sonic Riders?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: Sonic Riders.jpg (22 KB, 200x253) Image search: [Google]
Sonic Riders.jpg
22 KB, 200x253
>Favorite Character

>Favorite Extreme Gear

>Favorite Course

>Favorite BGM

>Favorite Aspect
>>
>>343454169
Cream
Light Board/Berserker/Grinder
Digital Dimension/White Cave
Babylon Guardian/Digital Dimension
>>
>Favorite Character
Sonic

>Favorite Extreme Gear
Blue Star II

>Favorite Course
Babylon Garden

>Favorite BGM
Sand Ruins

>Favorite Aspect
wtf is this
>>
>>343454169
>Shadow
>Shadows' Shoes
>The water one, forget which.
>Babylonian and Green Forest
>Probably it was a rewarding game, and the strongest bike had the hardest penalties.
>>
>>343454865

>Favorite aspect: wtf is this

What itch did it scratch for you
>>
Try and win a race with Cream using the Gambler board. I fucking dare you.
>>
Jet

High Booster/Darkness/That one bike that can't ride air current other people make

The one with the waterfall at evening I forget the name

Drop out of specialized shortcuts midway for even bigger shortcuts.
Like dropping on the 100 Ring path on that forest stage that isn't white, or just fly all the fucking way to the tunnel on the other side at the noon waterfall stage
>>
>>343454169
>Favorite Character?
Ulala.
>Favorite Extreme Gear?
Slide Booster orHang On/II.
>Favorite Course?
Sega Carnival.
>Favorite BGM?
Digital Dimension or Splash Canyon
>Favorite Aspect?
The way tricks and boosting worked, I guess. Riders lost any kind of depth it had after the first game.
>>
>>343455489
Shit forgot BGM.

Astral Babylon/that one Boss for ZG, don't remember much of the first.
>>
>>343454169
This fucking game is the reason why my GameCube controllers don't have the rubber on the joystick anymore.

Shits hard, never could beat the final boss.
>>
File: 1445112114887.png (653 KB, 680x686) Image search: [Google]
1445112114887.png
653 KB, 680x686
>>343454169
>game will never be sold on PC again
>game will never have online
>pc port came out of the blue, so no mods at all
I'll always be mad
>>
File: 1462976416698.gif (747 KB, 408x172) Image search: [Google]
1462976416698.gif
747 KB, 408x172
>>343454169
>Pirated this game thinking nothing of it
>It was fucking amazing

A pity the jungle level could be cheesed to the point you did whole laps ahead of your opponents.
>>
>>343454169
Does Sonic Riders Wii have online?
If so we should play it

I never played the Wii one
>>
>tfw when I've only played Zero Gravity and only played Free Riders once at a friend's house
I was a sonic fag so I have no idea whether ZG was good or not
Free Riders sucked major ass though
>>
>>343456278

The skill curve was pretty difficult but once you get the hang of timing your ramp jumps and boosting, it gets easier.

>>343456508

General consensus is basically what >>343455729 said as their aspect
>>
Sonic Riders Zero Gravity for the Wii is probably the most baffling game I have ever played.

I didn't at a single point feel as though I was controlling the character. The whole way through it felt like the brief moment where one may find himself pushing buttons while watching a demo that had come on the screen, and not being exactly sure whether or not you're controlling it but not sure of it being a demo either because some movements just happen to correspond with the buttons you press. That's Sonic Riders Zero Gravity.
>>
>>343456508
ZG was okay, but pales in comparison to the original riders which is already a flawed game. The tracks were pretty and the music was nice at least.
>>343456351
It doesn't, sorry anon. You could probably get a netplay session going with Dolphin though.
>>
>>343456819

This. The gravity gimmick was cool and all but after a while it just going boring.

>>343456916

It was a nice breath of fresh air at the time where everything was a mario kart clone. Shame it only went downward after the first and Jet Set Radio died...
>>
>>343456916
I wouldn't want to play a racing game with minor input lag.

I'll still play it eventually, loved the gamecube one. Might just be nostalgia though
I should replay that too
>>
>>343456334
Like, pretty much every level could be cheesed by a specific type with the right gear.
High Booster on the first level is unstoppable with a Power character for example, and any Speed character wins Red Canyon by falling into that small hill and boost jumping straight to the wheel thing from there.

>>343456508
1 was good
ZG was eh
Never played Free but from what I saw on youtube i ain't missin anything
>>
literally all free had to do was make the controller optional instead of being kinect exclusive. it wouldve been really solid had it not been for that. fuck. to bad they didnt go back and patch in controller support
>>
>>343454169
>Favorite Character
Sonic/Shadow
>Favorite Extreme Gear
Turbo Star/Darkness
>Favorite Course
Green Cave
>Favorite BGM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZjXJ_pneqg
>Favorite Aspect
BOOSTING

Shit I'm gonna boot up Zero Gravity right now, thanks OP
>>
>>343457530
>he doesn't like touching hands with someone while playing a sonic game
what are you gay
>>
File: 1464550252530.jpg (8 KB, 249x247) Image search: [Google]
1464550252530.jpg
8 KB, 249x247
>Call it Sonic Free Riders
>Most restrictive game in the series
At least the music was nice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6LEhd6TEtk
>>
>>343458123
oh yeah, free had split screen, thats right. i remember playing it with my bf back then all the time. holding hands and then watching the characters hold onto each other in the game was actually pretty cool.
>>
Underrated music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am11U7NPjkU
>>
>>343458813
real talk, the sci fi/futuristic music and redesigns were really cool. kobayashi took over the music for this game and it shows. (music director for pso/psu)
>>
>>343454169

>Jet

>Slide booster because it was crazy broken if you knew how to snake and it matched Jet's color

> SEGA Carnival

> Digital Dimension

> Its was faster than sonic adventure, 2 battle, and heroes for me and the tricks were pretty fun to do
>>
>>343454169
Holy shit, a Riders thread. Best racing game and this is indisputable, fuck watcha heard.

>Fav character
Sonic and Jet. But more often than not I played as Sonic.
>Fav Extreme Gear
Heavy Bike was my fucking baby. It was. My first experience with 'weight' in a game and was pretty much the perfect vehicle. That chrome finish, whew lad
>Fav Course
Splash Canyon easily, but SEGA Carnival day is a very close second.
>Fav BGM
>I'M GONNA
>I'M GONNA
>I'M GONNA SHOW YOUUUU
Or Splash Canyon if that doesn't count.
>Favorite aspect
The story. Holy shit the story in that series is so unappreciated. Visuals as well.
>>
>>343454169
>>343454169
>Favorite Character
Knuckles
>Favorite Extreme Gear
Grinder
>Favorite Course
Splash Canyon
>Favorite BGM
Splash Fucking Canyon
>Favorite Aspect
Much more lighthearted in tone than other Sonic games at the time. Racing involved skill instead of getting lucky with items. Eggman technically succeeds in beating Sonic in this game.
>>
>>343454169

It's been too long, but I'd have to say NiGHTS.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.