[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Suggestions /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 25
File: dragon-quest-8.jpg (338 KB, 1152x864) Image search: [Google]
dragon-quest-8.jpg
338 KB, 1152x864
What games are remarkably similar to DQ8 guys? I'm not a fan of jrpgs but this one seems to be the exception and I now consider it to be one of my favorite games ever.
>>
>liking DQ8
play 3 you amerigayfaggot
>>
>>343449267
>What games are remarkably similar to DQ8 guys?

This is the question everyone who played the game back then asked himself without ever finding the answer

There is no other game like DQ8
>>
File: 1467349685555.jpg (127 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1467349685555.jpg
127 KB, 768x1024
>>343449267
Yeah, I don't really touch jrpgs anymore, but DQ will always have a special place in my heart. Play 4,5 if you haven't. Then 3,6,8. THen 7 when that releases in September
>>
VII 3DS is probably the closest you'll get to the DQVIII "feeling".
>>
File: 1459407901858.gif (460 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
1459407901858.gif
460 KB, 500x366
Fuck guys
>>
>>343449672

I sometimes wonder if that's nostalgia talking or what. I played DQ VIII for the first time last September and while I thought it was great fun and one of the best in the series, I don't know if I'd say it's *that* special.
>>
>>343450895
I honestly don't think it is nostalgia. It seems like one of those games that just is "that good"
>>
>>343450895
Because you haven't played it you cannot know

I remember every game reviewers/people back then asked themselves if it was the best RPG ever made

Plus, have you ever found a game special past the age of 18 ?
>>
>>343452661

you havent played it back then* i mean
>>
>>343452661

>Plus, have you ever found a game special past the age of 18 ?

Sure I have.
>>
How does zestiria compare to other tales games? I'm considering getting it while it's on sale. For reference I liked Symphonia and Graces f, didn't like Xillia and Symphonia 2
>>
>>343449267
8 is one of my favorite games too.
I'd recommend Chrono Trigger, Grandia, Tales of Eternia and Terranigma.
>>
File: 1408008071056.jpg (201 KB, 627x885) Image search: [Google]
1408008071056.jpg
201 KB, 627x885
>>343449267

>similar
Other Dragon Quest games, especially IV and X
Chrono Trigger
Suikoden I-III
Red Dead Redemption for free roaming exploration
Diablo II for good item crafting

>the same
Nothing. DQVIII is so good because its one of a kind.
>>
>>343449526
3 is garbage compared to 8
>>
File: 1411502187801.jpg (9 KB, 251x192) Image search: [Google]
1411502187801.jpg
9 KB, 251x192
>>343449526
>>
>>343455113
>>343449526

Both games are good. Go make a FF thread if you want to compare your e-penis size relative to what game you like.
>>
Could someone please specify what exactly makes DQVIII good? The only thing that really stands out to me is the graphics, the overworld looked pretty nice for a ps2 game. The music is okay and the gameplay mechanics, enemy balance, storyline, characters, etc. are all subpar.

What part of the game did you enjoy most? Did you spend a lot of time planning boss battle strategies? Did you fight a lot of random battles? Did you kill metal slimes? Did you talk to NPCs whenever possible? Etc.
>>
File: 1466744141493.jpg (74 KB, 375x700) Image search: [Google]
1466744141493.jpg
74 KB, 375x700
>>343450895
I played 8 in my early 20s, and I was really impressed how simple yet good the whole game was. I was even more impressed when playung 4-6 as I had been a ff boy in my teens, and just how much better in every aspect dq was
>>
>>343454964

It's pretty shit to be honest. I haven't played it since it came out in Japan, but let's see what I remember...

- No shortcuts in battle
- Huge areas between town and dungeons with nothing in them. Not even as many enemies per area as in Xillia, and the areas are much bigger. Yet if you want to run faster to get through it a bit faster, you're forced to fight enemies to keep up your speed boost.
- Fast traveling costs ridiculous amounts of gald. Like, teleporting from one end of one map to the other end cost me like, 19000 gald I think? It's been a year and a half, but I think it was somewhere around there. You can do things to decrease the price, but still.
- Story isn't interesting, but hey, it's Tales.
- Characters aren't that interesting
- Dungeons are the same boring dungeons you've been playing through for years now with really simplistic puzzles, if any at all.
- Godawful camera. Not sure if it was fixed in the English version or not.

I know there are more things to complain about, I just don't remember what.
>>
8's definitely one of the most derivative of the series, it doesn't do anything new at all, other than the low detail 3d world, it's also got slower pacing due to the typical look-at-my-stupid-fucking-story forced cutscenes

its also got good, but not great, music

approximate order of quality

best: 5/3
very good: 4/8
good: 6/7
ok: 1/2/9
>>
>>343456008

Yeah, same here. FF kid in my teens, and last year, at 27, played the DQ series. I wouldn't say it flatout steamrolls FF, at least, not most of the pre FF X games, I still love those. But still, DQ is pretty cool, and modern DQ is unquestionably better than modern FF.
>>
File: Jessica_barrel_roll.jpg (36 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Jessica_barrel_roll.jpg
36 KB, 640x480
>>343455776

The thing that first drew my attention was the music and the world. The first time I walked outside the starting city and saw the huge open world, I felt like I was in for something special.

But you could say the same thing about a lot of games. I had a similar feeling when I first started FFX or XII for example. But as I kept playing those games, they proved to not be as open as they initially looked, while the world of Dragon Quest VIII just kept getting bigger and bigger the more I explored. In other words, Dragon Quest VIII did open world exploration correctly in my view.

Aside from these things, it ticked off pretty much every other thing I want in an RPG. Item crafting, turn based combat, excellent NPC interaction, good story flow, etc. Its all there. The graphics are actually the least important part for me. But even then, Dragon Quest VIII managed to use graphical advancements to improve gameplay. One of my favorite things to do in the game is just checking every barrel/pot/cupboard/hanging basket/well I can find. Something about the combination of how your character takes its time to stick their hand into a basket, then get a reward was just perfect. In this way, graphics actually helped encourage me to explore every single thing possible. And the 'simple' style of Akira Toriyama made it easy to tell where you could explore something (as opposed to a FF game which could have a room full of dozens of objects, but no way to tell which can be interacted with, if any).

tl;dr: It did everything I wanted in an RPG. And I have yet to see a game surpass it after 10 years.
>>
>>343456675

>The graphics are actually the least important part for me. But even then, Dragon Quest VIII managed to use graphical advancements to improve gameplay.

They do look pretty nice. I'd kinda like to play the PS2 version, but then I'm really used to the 3DS version, I'd really miss certain features.
>>
>>343456675

>as opposed to a FF game which could have a room full of dozens of objects, but no way to tell which can be interacted with, if any
Like under South Figaro in FFVI. A basement full of literally hundreds of boxes, pots, plants and cupboards. And the only thing you can interact with is a single clock...
>>
>>343457094
Hah, I haven't played that game in ages and I remember that.

I started to rewatch Yuusha yoshihiko a few days ago. That have done serious fun moments. Highly recommended.
>>
>DQ threads will finally liven up once DQ VII 3DS comes out
>By then it'll have been more than a year since I played it and my memory will be hazy.

It figures. Well, at least DQ threads will be more active.
>>
>>343454964
Xillia 2 is my favourite Tales and I think Zestiria is really mediocre.
It's not as bad as some say but it's also far from good.
It also doesn't help that the first 10-20 hours are extremely boring because everything is slow
>>
File: she_sees_your_sword.jpg (6 KB, 69x137) Image search: [Google]
she_sees_your_sword.jpg
6 KB, 69x137
>>343459752

Or everyone will be playing the game that no one comes here. I know that's what I'm gonna be doing.
>>
>>343459752
There have been daily dq threads for some time now
>>
>>343460396

Yeah, but nothing interesting going on lately.
>>
>>343460598
Like what? Were not getting any game the next few months. People seems happy with the changes they did to 7, so no reason to replay it
>>
>>343461449

Yeah, that's the point, nothing really to talk about for a few months.
>>
File: princess_chen.png (19 KB, 255x163) Image search: [Google]
princess_chen.png
19 KB, 255x163
>>343461691

We can always talk about Dragon Quest X
>>
>tfw no Dragon Quest Heroes 2
>>
>>343463030
DON'T
YOU'LL SUMMON HIM
>>
Moonbrooke is such a cute!
>>
>>343463294
we can only hope
>>
File: Chen 'IMPLIES' things.jpg (3 KB, 125x84) Image search: [Google]
Chen 'IMPLIES' things.jpg
3 KB, 125x84
>>343464713
>>343463030
>>
File: Spoiler.gif (7 KB, 130x142) Image search: [Google]
Spoiler.gif
7 KB, 130x142
>>343466937
Chen pls
>>
>>343466937
FUCK
>>
File: 1415867019694.jpg (104 KB, 600x1078) Image search: [Google]
1415867019694.jpg
104 KB, 600x1078
>Dragon Quest X comes out in CHina soon
>they are unable to implement IP locks because of various Chinese regions
>mfw this puts pressure on SquareEnix to finally cave in and release the game with NA and EU servers
>>
>>343468074
that would be the dream

>tfw you kinda don't want X to come out here because it would destroy your life
>>
Why does every DQ hero get fucked by the plot harder than the previous one?

Descendant of Erdrick simply gets to level 21 and kills some pussy wizard that can turn into a dragon. For that, he gets the princess and three kingdoms. Lucky bastard.

Prince of Midenhall becomes king and probably ends up fucking his cute purple-haired cousin, but he has to go through Rhone and grind like a mofo. He has it good, but god damn that place was hell.

Erdrick spends the game with his harem of sluts and becomes a legend at the end. But he has to watch his father die in front of him (he barely knows him, but it's still sad) and ends up trapped in Alefgard forever, with no way to see his mom and grandfather again. That's pretty cruel. At least he can marry the cute female fighter from Jipang I guess.

Solo's village is destroyed and every person he ever knew is murdered trying to protect him, including his cute elf girlfriend. That's way worse than what happened to Erdrick. Oh, and he has to meet Master Dragon and show respect to him, even though that bastard killed his father with lightning. At least he revived his girlfriend in the ending, if that wasn't just some sort of hallucination.

Abel's life sucks ass. Everybody knows that already. 10 years of slavery is bad enough, but the worst part is when Jami the horse rapes his wife.

But the DQ6 hero has it the worst in my opinion. Yeah, his life is great compared to Abel's and he's a super saiyan god super saiyan, but he loses all the chicks one after another. His cute loli sister died for some unexplained reason before the start of the game. Tania ends up marrying that fucking blonde idiot from Lifecod. Milayou/Muriel/Mireille/Milly was raped so many times as a sex slave in Gandino that she isn't interested in men at all. And literally the BEST girl in the series disappears at the end even though she had the hots for him. What the hell, Horii?

I haven't played 7 yet. Does this trend continue?
>>
>>343469696
There are so many things wrong with this post it's ridiculous.
>>
Time to revive this thread with an age old tactic that works every time.

Bianca
Nera
Deborah
>>
File: 1405226834364.jpg (262 KB, 500x521) Image search: [Google]
1405226834364.jpg
262 KB, 500x521
>>343468540

I thought I was the only one. The last 3 years I've wasted playing games. Would have been perfect for DQX to be out all that time. Now I have a job and it would be the worst time for DQX to come out. I'm barely gonna have time to play DQVII.

Don't get me wrong. SE better fucking release it. I'd probably still sub for it every month even if I didn't play.
>>
>>343470723
Nera
>>
>>343469696
>Does this tend continue?
Only if tsunderes piss you off.
>>
>>343470723
Flora.

Deborah isn't even an option because she only exists in the shitty, piss-easy, pun-infested DS remake.
>>
>>343469696

>Why does every DQ hero get fucked by the plot harder than the previous one?
Considering the worst it gets is DQV, I don't see your point. DQVIII, the hero isn't even important to the plot. And its everyone else who gets fucked over.
>>
>>343469696
Ashlynn stinks.
>>
>>343471186
You mean Barbara.

She is criminally underrated and better than Jessica in every way. Why is Tittica so popular even though she' just a Barbara ripoff?
>>
>>343471641
She's kind of a useless shit until late in the game, where's she's still nothing amazing
>>
>>343471047
>Piss-Easy

It's like significantly more challenging than the SNES version
>>
breeding monsters in DQM is fun
>>
was the tension system a mistake?
>>
>>343471047
Anon, your idiocy is showing.
Dragon Quest games are full of puns even in Japanese. Get educated.
>>
>>343473393
It is a pretty dumb mechanic in all honesty. It's incredibly useful for scouting monsters in the DQM games though so I can't really complain.
>>
>>343473393
>shitposter has reached a state of super-high tension!
>>
>>343473769

>the Japanese games have some puns for spell names and the occasional NPC joke
>the western version tries to make everything a pun, even stuff that wasn't a pun in the original

fixed for you
>>
>>343473393

Tension is basically like using a buff. You sacrifice a turn to make an attack in a later turn stronger. RPGs have been using it since the NES days. Its not a mistake so much as a recycled idea done slightly different. For fuck sake, even Final Fantasy IV used Focus.
>>
>>343473959
Yeah, no. There are puns every fucking where in japanese Dragon Quest games.
>>
File: 1385413266206.jpg (99 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
1385413266206.jpg
99 KB, 1200x675
>>
>>>/vr/3310165
/vr/ thread for those who don't know about it and want to keep talking about Dargon Quest after this thread dies.
>>
>>343474276
>>343454981
man its just not the same without the toriyama artstyle
>>
>>343471824
The early and mid game had the pacing ruined in the DS version. You level up too fast and the enemies' stats were lowered. Those parts of the game feel inconsequential as a result. This didn't happen in the PS2 version.

It may be more challenging in some parts, but the parts that were ruined go by too fast and just don't leave an impression on the player.

The same thing happens with the DS remake of IV, but even worse. The altered pacing is still a shitty decision, but at least the original version compensated it with party chat. If you use it for every npc and event, the game doesn't feel that rushed. But since they removed it from the game, the pacing of the game suffers even more. Again, none of this crap happens in the PS1 version.

DQ6DS was the only DS remake that did the "rebalancing" correctly, but it reuses the DQ7 sprites for the third time in a row and that makes it look stale and boring.

The original version was beautiful and interesting to look at. Don't believe the rumors, it's 100% playable. Only a late game optional scene in dream world Amor when the two old geezers turn into children, all the boring dialogue in the second town after you defeat Mudo, and two random people's dialogue in the dread realm is left untranslated. Everything else is fine.

The "game breaking bugs" that everyone talks about only happens if you back out from certain menus that nobody uses (party status) instead of pressing A.

If you ignore that and are aware of the bug so you don't accidentally trigger it, it's a much better experience than the DS remake. The graphics are gorgeous, the battle backgrounds are beautifully drawn instead of being ugly 3D garbage, the music sounds much better and you don't have to deal with puns every five minutes. Oh, and Madante (Barbara's signature spell) is actually usable. In the DS version, its damage formula is your remaining MP x2, but originally it was MPx3.

(cont.)
>>
>>343474797
I simply don't enjoy the remakes as much as the originals. Only the GBC versions of 1 and 2 are decent remakes. 3 ruins everything with the OCD-triggering personality system.

By the way, I played the first six games as remakes before playing the original versions. I kinda regret it. So it obviously has nothing to do with nostalgia.

This is just my opinion, no need to lynch me.
>>
>>343449672
>There is no other game like DQ8
Except the 400 other dragon quest games.
>>
>start playing IV
>pretty obvious that all characters will join together in one chapter
>decide to go maximum jew with that merchant
>brown semen demons join hero party
>no gold added
>well, Maya probably lost it all by gambling
>get the merchant
>no gold added

Was I supposed to hoard the fucking items (weapons/armor) and sell them when I get him in chapter V?

>>343474998
>OCD-triggering personality system
What's so bad about it?
I only started the SNES version once and shut it down after it told me that I'm a fantastic person
(I thought to start with IV instead, which is the first of another trilogy and go back to 3 after I played 1->2)
>>
File: Dangerous Bustier.jpg (65 KB, 568x700) Image search: [Google]
Dangerous Bustier.jpg
65 KB, 568x700
>>
>>343473959
This.

Where did that fucking rumor come from? It just won't die.

Also, the spell names are mostly nonsense words in japanese. Only a few are based on sounds and onomatopeia. All this woosh and frizz crap is total bullshit.

And even then, Japanese is known for making up sounds for everything, they even have a sound for smiles. Using onomatopeia as spell names in English sounds much more ridiculous and cringeworthy than in Japanese.
>>
>>343474797
The DS "remake" of IV is actually just a port of the PS1 remake.

And what rumors? Everyone knows the patch for VI is incomplete but playable to the end. The only patch that has problems is the one for II's side of I&II. And even then, it's the same deal, if you know about the bugs, it's easy enough not to trigger them.
>>
File: 1379283341459.png (2 MB, 1028x1262) Image search: [Google]
1379283341459.png
2 MB, 1028x1262
>>
File: skullcrack.jpg (72 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
skullcrack.jpg
72 KB, 620x400
>>343475402
>The DS "remake" of IV is actually just a port of the PS1 remake.

It's a worse port.
I don't know what happened but the DS games are fucking ugly. At least the sprites and animations are really good.
Also, they cut out the party chat in the western localization of IV DS.
The SNES games are overall a better experience, except for V where the PS2 version is the best (If I'm not mistaken the only content it lacks compared to the DS version is a shitty wife)
>>
File: Angelo and Jessica.jpg (33 KB, 384x288) Image search: [Google]
Angelo and Jessica.jpg
33 KB, 384x288
>>
>>343475970
You can have your opinions, but I was just correcting you on that one matter.
>>
>>343474998
>3 ruins everything with the OCD-triggering personality system.
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks so. Don't get me wrong they are still great remakes nonetheless.
>>343475208
>What's so bad about it?
Personalities affect stat growths. Some are terrible, some are okay, and some are just straight up amazing. IMO the real problem with the personality system is that it's just unnecessary and some of the better personalities are so good it can completely fuck up the balance of the game. Like Hyper for example which has no downsides and also increases your agility growth by absurd amounts. Agility not only determines when you get your turn but your defense as well. Also they decided to make the Fighter class COMPLETELY broken this time around. Back in the original Dragon Quest 3 for NES Fighter was a class that has a bad early game, mediocre mid-game, and a great late game. For some reason this time around though they decided to give Fighter incredible weapon and armor options. It makes the Warrior completely redundant because Fighters have far higher strength and really good weapon options this time around and not only that they are better tanks as well because they have really good armor options this time around. Not as good as a Warrior's heavy armor of course, but when you consider the fact that Fighters have like 100 times more speed it's pretty damn broken.
>>
>>343476135
Wow I said "this time around" like 4 times in one post. Well you get my point hopefully.
>>
>>343475402
It's not just a port. As I said, a lot of monsters' stats were altered in the DS versions of 4 and 5, breaking the pacing. The PS remakes were fine.
>>
>>343474998
You do realize that personalities mean nothing, right?
The game has a system in place where if a character's stats are lower or higher than a certain threshold for their class, the game will start giving them more or less points AFTER the diceroll to bump them up to par.
So in the end the personalities will just give you a couple of points more or less in the stats they affect.
A negligible effect.
>>
>>343474174

[citation needed]
>>
File: 1351823320976.jpg (63 KB, 579x700) Image search: [Google]
1351823320976.jpg
63 KB, 579x700
>>
>>343476418
I disagree. I feel that personalities have a pretty damn notable effect. Like I remember one time my Warrior had around 120 HP before I fought Kandar and I wasn't even overleveled or anything.
>>
File: Sancho.png (101 KB, 256x347) Image search: [Google]
Sancho.png
101 KB, 256x347
>They doesn't like trying to decipher Sancho's very heavy spanish accent

Plebians. The lot of you.
>>
File: Bunny..jpg (187 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Bunny..jpg
187 KB, 800x800
>>
>>343475402
I always hear people talk about how SNES VI as if it's unplayable and DS is the only option, which is total bullcrap.

About those I&II SNES patch bugs... I actually enjoy them. I don't like how dull those remakes look and prefer the GBC versions, but the bugs are hilarious.

A Cannock doppelganger that can erase Moonbrooke princess from existence if you talk to him. The world tree leaf bug that triggers a text loop unless you change Cannocks name at the title screen... I don't know, I love them for some reason.

But the best one only happens in one version of the patch. There is a version with the original town names and one with the nes names. I don't remember which one I played, but a fucking nun trapped me into an infinite text loop right after I beat the game and was trying to leave Rhone through the traveler's gate. I was pissed off, but the idea of a nun working for Hargon and forcing the heroes to reset and fight him again just sounds hilarious.
>>
>>343476910
Uncle Sancho, make me the paella!
>>
When I play 3, I barely change classes at all. I simply use the book to turn my priest or mage into a sage and that's it.

I dislke how the characters completely change their age and appearance after a class change, so I always try to explain it somehow. Like: "girl priest took off her hat and became a sage" or "this old wizard guy became young again after becoming a sage" or "he was actually a young man that was turned into an old person and the book of satori broke the curse". Shit like that.

I also love the female merchant. She's not that bad in any version of the game and only suffers a bit in the late game. Merchants are basically worse soldiers with worse equipment.

Whenever I play the NES version, I do my best not to choose my beloved female fighter and go with the merchant girl instead. She has blue hair in that version (even though it's pink in the artwork) and looks exactly like Bulma. Not only her clothes, face and hairstlyle, but hair color as well! That's the best thing about the NES version.
>>
File: Dragon Quest III Classes.png (36 KB, 470x370) Image search: [Google]
Dragon Quest III Classes.png
36 KB, 470x370
>>343478134
>>
>>343478134
>I dislke how the characters completely change their age and appearance after a class change, so I always try to explain it somehow. Like: "girl priest took off her hat and became a sage" or "this old wizard guy became young again after becoming a sage" or "he was actually a young man that was turned into an old person and the book of satori broke the curse". Shit like that.
That's really autistic but I guess I'm autistic too because that bugs the ever-loving shit out of me as well. Still, it's simply because the game is old and they couldn't implement an entire character creation screen. I'm fine with what we got for the most part.
>>
>>343478274
That Female Fighter bikini sprite is adorable.
>>
>>343476910

I am Mexican. His accent offended me.
>>
>>343449267
im so sorry anon, no other game will give you that feel of comfy adventure, but you might try breath of fire IV, it gave me a similar feeling even tough they are quite different
>>
You know what sucks about both the PS2 and DS remakes of DQV? The scene where you are turned to stone. Hell, Gema/Ladja in general. They try to make him even more evil and detestable than he originally was, to the point of overshadowing the final boss. I prefer how the original version did it.

In the original, he kills Papas and you don't see him again until the dragon tower, much later in the game. You spend all that time wanting to take revenge, but the coward just won't show up in front of you.

When you finally find him, he was on a mission to hide the dragon's eye or something, he wasn't going out of his way to harrass you. The only reason you find him is because you are trying to help Master Dragon.

And when you finally kill him, there's no epic death scene or anything like that. His death and boss battle and given the same level of importance as that other boss (the pig-dog guy, one of his underlings) that had the other eye. You finally avenged Papas, but it still feels bad. That Gema bastard simply died... without suffering as much as he deserved. It's a bittersweet feeling.

How does the petrification scene happen, then? Jami the horse (one of the guys that killed Papas), after being defeated, uses his last breath to create a magic smoke or whatever that turns you and your wife to stone. I think this power fits him because he's all grey and those muscles make him look like he is made of stone or something. Also, it makes him more memorable.

In the DS version, he just dies and Gema shows up instead to petrify you. He was stalking you the whole time I guess? It makes sense that Jami can do something like this using his last bit of power and having that statue-like appearance. It's like a curse that kills the user. But why the hell can a perfetly healthy Gema do it in the remakes? Can't he just do it again whenever he wants and ruin your adventure? I don't like the change.

(cont.)
>>
File: this machine deports mexicans.jpg (86 KB, 400x285) Image search: [Google]
this machine deports mexicans.jpg
86 KB, 400x285
>>343480573
>>
>>343482105
How does the crocodie guy die then? You fatally injure him and he summons Mildrath's power asking to be healed, but Mildrath kills him because he's useless. In the remakes, Gema is still alive after the battle in the dragon tower and shows up AGAIN because he is always stalking you. And he kills him for reasons I don't remember. I like the original scene better, with the guy believing that Mildrath will save him and being killed instead.

The scene where your mom dies? She tries to sacrifice herself to sacrifice herself to weaken Mildrath or something but Mildrath kills her before she can do anything. It gives you more reason to hate Mildrath and to want him dead. He killed your mother. In the remakes, Gema shows up and kills her, stealing the spotlight again. What did Mildrath do to you, personally? Nothing, because fucking Gema did it for him. You don't hate him as much as you hate Gema. It takes away from the impact of the final battle in my opinion.

The original game only allows three people in battle, which sucks if you want to use Sancho after being unpetrified because you have to take out one of your kids. Same with the wife when you save her. But I think the story is better for all the reasons stated above. Each villain has enough weight and you hate them all, not just Gema.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (113 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
113 KB, 1920x1080
Why was dominico such an asshole
>>
>>343482105
It would have been nice if he had threatened to kill one of your kids, just like he did to make Papas surrender. It would be an optional scene that only happens if you take your kids to that tower, obviously.

I love how you can leave your human characters in Granvania castle and talk to them as NPCs if you decide to use a monster only party. It makes them feel relevant even though you aren't using them.

Try that in DQ6. Barbara can't be taken out of the party, you can only kill her and put her corpse in the wagon. And the other characters stay in Ruida's bar, where you can never see them as NPCs. Using a monster party in that game makes it feel like every other character has disappeared from the face of Earth.
Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.