[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone have any tips on using the Charge Spear? How should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
File: Hwk0TxB.png (646 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Hwk0TxB.png
646 KB, 800x600
Does anyone have any tips on using the Charge Spear?

How should I go about using this thing? And what's the best shield type to use with it?

I just started and I love spears but I'm embarrassing myself. My friends seem to be having a much easier time
>>
>>343440779
Yea, put it away and use superior hammer or scythe
>>
>>343441025

Is it that bad? I have to admit scythe felt way more effective. But I just really like spears.
>>
File: 1459104214598.jpg (1000 KB, 1000x1399) Image search: [Google]
1459104214598.jpg
1000 KB, 1000x1399
>>343440779
As long as you're comboing the spear remains "unlocked". Backflips and dive attacks are considered part of the combo and keep the spear from closing so so chain into backflips and dives attacks and repeat.
Shields are preference. Personally I always run bucklers because of that quick deployment time, but for some enemies you should definitely run anything but a buckler.
>>
>>343441554
Are you playing GER or RB? Spear is kinda bad in GER.
>>
>>343444065

GER. Taking a break right now because I was actually humiliating myself.

If scythe is that much better, I guess I can switch for a while and see if my performance changes.

>>343442465

Thanks a lot.
>>
Anyone know if the PC version will be linked with the Sony versions for online? I'm guessing no but I have a small hope.
>>
Why the fuck is the pre order not up on EU PSN?
Is it not coming?
>>
>>343446029

Not going to happen. There is cross play between Vita and PS4 though I think
>>
File: ge2.jpg (425 KB, 639x960) Image search: [Google]
ge2.jpg
425 KB, 639x960
>>
File: CmS3rv1XEAEMcla.jpg (256 KB, 1200x850) Image search: [Google]
CmS3rv1XEAEMcla.jpg
256 KB, 1200x850
>>343447134

The press release says same date for Europe, you can't just change the store region or something? Been hearing others have same issue. Probably a Sony fuck up
>>
>>343447541
aren't they releasing god eater for pc?
>>
>>343440779
How did you get that PS4??
>>
>>343448250
Yeah.
>>
>>343449613
What is importing?
>>
File: 1459103684913.jpg (142 KB, 511x550) Image search: [Google]
1459103684913.jpg
142 KB, 511x550
>>343442465
I wanna hug Ciel until she gets flustered
>>
Im playing GER
I tried spear but its shit
Scythe seemd to do jackshit to big mofos with really strict weak points
Claymore is a poor hammer
Knife is uselesd

So what the fuck Am I supposed to use?
>>
is this a multiplayer game?
>>
>>343453043
I'm using the scythe as well and it does seem to be sub par.
>>
>>343448250

Yes but not until August 30
>>
>>343440779
>Sony TV

you fucked up son
>>
>>343453043
>SB is useless
>BB is a poor hammer
Short Blade is incredibly good for active playstyles, and has higher mobility than every other weapon.
Buster Blade has hybrid slash/crush, whereas hammer only has crush. Some aragami have incredibly high crush resistance, making hammer not-so-great to use as your only weapon.
Scythe is incredibly good against some monsters, and complete ass against others.
Spear is just bad in GER, but it's not so bad that you can't use it if you like it.

Spear/Hammer/Scythe were added in GE2, and are balanced around the Blood Arts, so they're not exactly implemented perfectly into GER.
>>
File: 1459104138696.png (287 KB, 550x628) Image search: [Google]
1459104138696.png
287 KB, 550x628
>>343453743
You can play is solo or with other people.
>>
So probably a stupid question but can I cross save on a vita and re-download it on a pstv? I want to play on my TV but don't want to buy the ps4 version since I have the physical pre ordered.
>>
GER is my first God Eater game.
What does Hibari mean when she say my Burst Level is low?
>>
>>343456470
When you devour you go into burst mode which is pretty much a buff that lasts like a minute.
Hibari tells you when it's about to run out so you can devour again
>>
I'm super confused, I had never heard of these god eater games before but I'm really interested in the idea of a ps4 monster hunter. The release dates I Google all say they came out last year, but Resurrection just showed up and I can't find Rage Burst for the life of me, and nobody on the internet is saying anything about reviews and shit.
>>
>>343457487
The west only had one God Eater game released and that was Burst which was 6 years ago. Resurrection is an HD remake of that game that was released in Japan. Rage Burst was also only released in Japan a year and a half ago. Bamco decided to release Resurrection and Rage Burst to everyone else only recently. Resurrection is out now for North America. Europe gets it in August along with the worldwide release of Rage Burst for everyone else.
>>
>>343458524
So when does rage burst come to NA? I heard you get resurrection free if you preorder rage burst but I can't seem to find Rage Burst on the NA psn. Or should I buy resurrection just to see if I like them?
Thanks for answering my dumb questions anon btw
>>
>>343458772
Rage Burst comes out August 30th. It should be up for pre-orders for PS4.
Resurrection is out now for NA for 20 bucks.
>>
>>343458931
Could you maybe give me a rundown of gameplay? I like what I've seen but it looks super confusing to me other than anime monster hunter
>>
>>343459259
Basically if you've played a MonHun game you know what you're getting in to. You take on missions from a hub and hunt down whatever monsters you gotta kill and you use materials you get to craft. Unlike MonHun though there's no armor so you're basically crafting just weapons and costumes. Monsters have set drops from a table and then you get others from mission performance and doing stuff like breaking a monster's body part.
It's faster than MonHun and focuses more on action and movement. Instead of multiple small areas you hunt in one big map.
You get 6 melee weapons and 4 guns. Unlike Monster Hunter, you can bring one melee weapon and one gun with you on missions and can switch between them while hunting.
>>
>>343456062
Probably.
>>
How do Blood Arts make spear any better? I mainly use spears, and If they get any better than this I'll be pretty happy.
>>
>>343463085
Blood Arts change the move properties or the moveset altogether.
>>
>>343459259
there's a free demo on the JP psn store
>>
>>343464703
So I don't have to charge and slide, but I can do a different charge move?
>>
>>343465024
No IIRC the charge and slide is pretty much the staple move for the charge spear. What blood arts do if they change your square and triangle attacks and can add different properties to them.
Here's a video of them in the base version of 2.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mByRFcbIMLA
>>
>>343454916
Sony makes great TVs.
>>
When should I start worrying about custom bullets? Right now anything I make from the wiki uses too much OP to where I either get one shot or can't even fire it.
>>
>>343465412
That's pretty cool. Maybe I can actually keep a combo going now. I'm not sure if thrust> thrust> devour> thrust> thrusts is working.
>>
Wait, GE 2 came out? Is it Jap only right now, or released in US?
>>
>>343465969
Right now isn't a big deal. Maybe make a basic one or something.
Near the endgame chapters is probably when you should start considering them, especially when doing those chapters online.

>>343466779
Yeah. It initially came out in 2013 and then Rage Burst, the G/U version, came out in 2015. They're finally localising Rage burst for everywhere else. Comes out August 30th.
>>
>>343455356
Who are these qts?
>>
>>343453875
Scythe is good once you learn how to use its Extend Bite move. Even on larger aragami, the snap back finisher will rape their weak points

Short blade is great for vertical combat
>>
>Use Divine Aztec scythe on Oroborous
>Extend bite
>Hit multiple limbs for 200+ damage
>Kill it in a little under 6 minutes
I like spear, but damn is scythe good.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.