[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This to me is the most underrated game I've played. Yeah
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: Darkness_cover.jpg (48 KB, 367x458) Image search: [Google]
Darkness_cover.jpg
48 KB, 367x458
This to me is the most underrated game I've played. Yeah the game play isn't the best, but the story and concept has stuck with me for years. Underrated game/The Darkness appreciation thread?
>>
Agreed Jenny was great.
>>
D2's gameplay is great, needed co op

I never played the first one
>>
Played both, loved both.

Got me so interested in the franchise I've even bought a couple of the graphic comics and a signed Silvestri comic.
>>
I dare to say its sequel is more underrated because it sacrificed having an open world for a stronger narrative. So many people write it off.
Jackie was better in TD1 but the presentation of 2 was better as a whole.
Not being sure of which life was reality and eventually going back to hell to save Jenny and we all know how that went was great.
>>
>>343431838
>Yeah the game play isn't the best, but the story and concept has stuck with me for years

I can't even fathom this bullshit.

Why are you playing games for their stories? It is the worst possible medium to go to if you are looking for a good story.
>>
We get one moment, Jackie. That's all they can allow.
>>
Im playing 2 right now, and its just so fun lol
>>
>>343431838

> PCucks will never ever have this
>>
>>343432381
>It is the worst possible medium to go to if you are looking for a good story.

You can't deny that there are exceptions to this.

In order to keep the gameplay going, there's a need for there to be a story. And it just so happens that this story and its elements allow the gameplay to flourish to great results.
>>
>>343432880
god I feel the pain, I would give my left nut for it on pc
>>
>poking your guns around corners
>enemies having actually scathing taunts
>Jackie's based as fuck grandmother
>Mike fucking Patton

This game was actually really good despite the obvious edginess to it.
>>
>>343432992
>You can't deny that there are exceptions to this.

What? Bioshock? The Witcher 3?

Even the absolute best video game story ever is only on par with TV, at best, and is absolutely destroyed by film and literature.
>>
>>343433329
Red Dead Redemption.
You lose.
>>
>>343433515

Are you joking?

Even if you ignore that Rockstar are a bunch of hacks that steal all their material from TV and films RDR still isn't as good as something like Seraphim Falls, a mediocre western, let alone something like Unforgiven or the Dollars Trilogy.
>>
>>343433706
And why is that?
>>
>>343433329
Well all TV shows have to do is tell stories. Games serve many different purposes. So it's kind of a apples to oranges comparison.

Im pretty drunk so I might be missing the point.
>>
>>343433815

Because it's an incoherent clusterfuck of shit stolen from about a dozen different westerns.

That you would seriously put that on a pedestal shows just how bad stories in video games are.
>>
Why didn't Starbreeze develop the sequel?
>>
Going to be picking 1 and 2 next paycheck as well as some other games, probably dark void and vanquish.

What is the gameplay like?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.