[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I the only one that finds Kingdom Hearts really cringy. It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: 1459621217938.png (1 MB, 513x1117) Image search: [Google]
1459621217938.png
1 MB, 513x1117
Am I the only one that finds Kingdom Hearts really cringy. It's pretty much a FF and Disney fanfiction.
>>
File: my god.gif (4 MB, 389x225) Image search: [Google]
my god.gif
4 MB, 389x225
Heres a gif because that picture is silly
>>
>>343412382
no you aren't
>>
>>343412382
No, you"re not the only one, anon.
>>
>>343412382
>He doesnt understand muh complex story
>Its too convoluted it doesnt even make sense
Flawless plot. Most complex story in a video game I've ever seen.
>>
>>343413059
I had a friend on Facebook that started playing that game, he became so obsessed that all he did was talk about that fucking game and urge me to play it.

I had to delete him from Facebook and Steam.
>>
>>343412382

It's incredibly cringey. But the gameplay of the second one was pretty okay.

Every other game in the series is garbage, though.
>>
Are you talking about the actual games themselves or are you just talking about the concept/premise of the series?
>>
>>343412382
I think it can be at times but I still love the series to death. I have fun with it.
>>
>>343412382
I dunno about that, there are other games that take shit super seriously and they just come off cringier. Yeah there's a lot of LIGHT, HEART, and DARKNESS, but most of the arcs (at least in 1 and 2) are just short stories about conflicts in each Disney world. I think it gets worse as the series goes on because it gets too edgy with all the Nomuraface characters. Plus it gets convoluted as hell as they dive deeper into the mechanics of it all and expect you to buy into fanfiction tier heart/soul mechanics.
>>
>>343412382
>It's pretty much a FF and Disney fanfiction.

It is precisely that. Except it isn't really *fan*fiction when the creators do it.

I love it all the same. It's proof that a stupid premise can be great if you execute it well.
>>
It started out as a FF x Disney fanfiction
>>
>>343413059

Even the first game's plot made no sense. At this point they might as well just release it in Japanese with no subtitles because trying to follow what the fuck is happening is pointless.

When you got Donald Duck as one of your main characters and the plot requires hours of reading Wikipedia articles, you know you have a problem.
>>
>>343414440
>Japanese with no subtitles because trying to follow what the fuck is happening is pointless.

>When you got Donald Duck as one of your main characters and the plot requires hours of reading Wikipedia articles, you know you have a problem.
It's not that hard or that serious nigga.
>>
>>343414440
Explain how the first game's story didn't make sense.
>>
But kingdom Hearts 2 has great gameplay
>>
File: 1463959945359.jpg (112 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1463959945359.jpg
112 KB, 900x900
>>343413204
At least it was just a friend.
I had a girlfriend that got obsessed with homestuck, and she just wouldn't shut up about it. I had no way to break up with her so I just kind of ignored her out of my life.
>>
>>343412382
>It's pretty much a FF and Disney fanfiction

did anyone ever think it was anything else? i don't understand.
>>
And it's becoming steadily less FF with each new game
>>
>>343412382
No.
I really find it cringy but at the same time I want to try it, because, according to few friends there are multiple "gitgud" bossfights.
>>
File: 1445300503957.png (670 KB, 491x766) Image search: [Google]
1445300503957.png
670 KB, 491x766
>>343416038
There's wasn't a whole lot to begin with? It's clear that it's been more Square x Disney, the inclusion of TWENY characters in 3D pretty much solidified that.
>>343416060
I'm guessing you're talking about KH2:FM and Lingering Will.
>>
>>343414951
>homestuck
I'm so sorry.
>>
>>343416060
Play it level 1 Critical mode. The whole game becomes comprised of Git Gud fights because you can't lean on OP stats to carry you.
>>
>>343414440
How the fuck is the first game hard to follow?
>Disney Villains are using monsters to take over the universe
>Team up with Donald and Goofy to save your friends and the universe.

It's that fucking simple.
>>
>>343414440
You absolutely must play the games in chronological order.
There is literally no reason not to even for first time
>>
>>343412382
This was the impression I got when it was released 14 years ago. It hasn't changed since.
>>343414951
Let her die.
>>
>>343416829
Not the guy you're replying to, but I've heard a lot of people complain that Ansem's involvement makes no sense.

I think that's only because they never bothered to read the Ansem Reports, so it would appear that he just came out of nowhere.
>>
>>343412382
I like KH and I like FF but I HATE how much KH style has leaked into the FF games.
I would unironically like XIII if it hadn't been infiltrated by the shitty KH "POWER OF FRIENDSHIP" dialogue.
>>
>>343416885
>Chronological order
No. Especially not for the first time.
>>343417071
A good chunk of the confusion in this series comes from people not reading the reports.
>>
>>343412382
Yeah, totally unlike the plot of every other videogame made in the last 10 years.

At least 1 and 2 have great game design.
>>
I really admire how they've managed to fit every single game into the continuity.

Coded, 358/2 and X would not have been canon if this were any other series.
>>
>>343417938
How so? Are you talking about timeline-wise or the relevance of the content? Because if it's the latter I could give you that for Days and most of coded/Re: coded but last I remember correctly Nomura has/said hinted that the Chi series would tie into 3/the rest of the series.
>>
Sanctuary is the best video game franchise theme ever created.
The orchestral one not the meme pop one
>>
>"kingdom hearts is light!"
>light finishes off big baddie
>look inside Kingdom hearts
>darkness and full of heartless

Kh2
>"this whacky machine is gonna blow up, anything can happen"
>only thing that happens is riku turning into is fuccboi form

Bbs
>badass masked dude. Omg omg whats he gonna look like?
>he looks like sora....
>fanbase goes apeshit and loves it
>i dont get why thats a big deal

This series is just bullshit, bbs was the last game i played, but i will play KH3 when its released 4 years from now. I want to see how this garbage story wraps itself up even though i know 100% that they will leave the ending open to future games.
>>
>>343418845
>I want to see how this garbage story wraps itself up even though i know 100% that they will leave the ending open to future games.
Nomura said years ago that KH3 is just the end of the Dark Seeker/Xehanort Saga. As for the rest of this post, did you just not pay attention to what the games were telling you?
>>
>>343412382
Yes, you are.
>>
File: 1403241643299.jpg (62 KB, 427x356) Image search: [Google]
1403241643299.jpg
62 KB, 427x356
>>343414951
Homestuck fags are the most obnoxious fagotts on earth along with leaguefags, they just can't shut up about their shitty webcomics.
Goddamit I should just find a new tabletop group
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.