[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this game overlooked?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (177 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
177 KB, 1920x1080
Why is this game overlooked?
>>
>>343402353
Because Nintenbabies are autists and only care about "Muh Mario 64"
>>
>Something something water pack makes it too easy
Who gives a shit, it's fun as fuck and looks great even 15 years later.
Also
>muh blue coins
So don't collect them you autist
>>
>>343402353
>overlooked
>>
because it's boring
>>
>>343402416
nigga, you don't know how hyped I was before sunshine

the sequel to the best game ever is finally coming out! and it's so boring. i only got 119 shines. fuck those blue coins

that changed me. never got hyped again
>>
>>343402353
Galaxy and Sunshine are the only good Mario games
>>
>>343402353
Great game with many probelms
Quite easy to fix problems aswell

I hope there is a HD re-releae that fixes all the crap
>>
>>343402472
The problem with blue coins is they account for 24 of the shines in the game.

Not that shines aren't completely meaningless in this game anyway, the only condition to unlocking the final level is catching Shadow Mario in the 7th episode of each level.
Shines do unlock more levels but this is incidental to that 7th episode goal anyway.

Super Mario 64 had the right idea, you can take on any objectives that you are able or willing to in mostly any order that you want, there are very few mandatory stars.
>>
>>343402681
>many problems
It has only has 3 and those are very, very minor:
1. No tracking of blue coins
2. Bosses could be better
3. Shines force you out the level

>>343402763
Blue coins are good because they encourage exploration.
>>
Because it's unfinished unfocused shit

Miyamoto wanted to make a Mario game around water just because of Crash Bandicoot, what a stupid idea
>>
>>343402353
The same reason that Majora's Mask and Wind Waker were hated at launch
>>
Because it's different enough for people to whine that they ruined the series
>>
>>343402819
The last level and last boss are also shit
Not enough straight platforming levels
And on those super hard bonus levels when you die you get kicked out of the whole level and have to find your way back, its just tedious
>>
File: 1461999512904.jpg (31 KB, 277x297) Image search: [Google]
1461999512904.jpg
31 KB, 277x297
>>343402353
because it's in between Mario 64 and Mario Galaxy
>>
>>343403043
None of those are flaws. Those are preferences.
As for the last one, I never found that tedious because it was fun as shit getting to them. Unless you're a shitter that died 50 times in 1 level.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.