[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Persona 4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: kanji-tatsumi-costumes[1].jpg (80 KB, 1000x530) Image search: [Google]
kanji-tatsumi-costumes[1].jpg
80 KB, 1000x530
What was his deal?

The extent of his character was being a closet gay. His shadow fight was gay as fuck. But what was keeping him from acting how he wanted? Seemed like a pretty forced reason for him to have a shadow, I mean he's a giant dude that could fuck up anyone that talks shit about him.

And I also heard that the guy with the mickey mouse stand was also supposed to be gay originally? wtf?
>>
He had no idea what the fuck he was attracted to at the time, and was super insecure about people judging him for doing unmanly things despite being a thug, and calling him a pussy
Whether or not he was actually gay never mattered, he just wanted people to let him do his thing without giving him shit
>>
>>343362709
>mickey mouse stand
if you're talking about yosuke, it's a frog not a mouse idiot

japan has forced gender roles thats the whole reason why naoto's character exists
>>
>>343363306
Yeah. No. He's gay. Period. The devs said so. The localization team said so. The VA said so.
Literally only homophobes and girls try and go the "he just confused" route.

Japan is VERY antigay. While being very accepting too. Japan is fucking weird.
But basically he, living in Japan, lacks the freedom to fully embrace and express his gayness like heterosexuals do in Japanese society.
>>
>>343363695
Well yeah probably, but his gayness never actually factored into the formation of his shadow
>>
>>343363695
>The devs said so
They did not.
>The localization team said so
They did not.
>The VA said so
He did.

You're 1 for 3, and your 1 is the least qualified to decide canon.
>>
>>343365059
He also said so. At the end, Kanji said, "That me is the real me." meaning the gay me is the real me.
>>
>>343365059
>denial
>>
File: 1350525602429.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1350525602429.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>343362709
>>
He said he was just scared of being rejected for being into girly shit. I can definitely see why people think he's gay though.
>>
>>343362709
He was into a girl that looked like a man and he knits fluffy animals in his spare time and people think he's a scary motherfucker
No shit he was incredibly insecure
>>
File: 1466548203038.gif (1 MB, 448x348) Image search: [Google]
1466548203038.gif
1 MB, 448x348
>likes a girl
>hurr durr he's gay
>>
Isn't he 15? Shit I would be insecure too.
>>
>>343369248
>girl looks like a man
>>
>>343362709
was as follows

>No dad figure to define what being a man is from.

>Has interests that seem gay when i guy likes them

>Is angry and overly presents a macho exterior, which to japanese culture makes people think you are gay. (remember Japanese culture thinks overly macho means you are overcompensating and insecure in your manliness) People will gossip he's secretly gay.

>is attracted to Naoto who at first meeting 'seems' a boy, and is one of VERY few people to express interest in him

>Girls made fun of him a lot, and he has no idea how to interact with them because it's awkward.

while it seems the dungeon is revealing he's gay, his Shadow never says he actually likes dudes, it says it would 'easier' if he liked dudes, because they aren't as weird to deal with as girls have been, and expressing a need ot be 'accepted by anyone'

the Giant eyeball reveals the shadow world is shaped by the observers, Kanji's shadow is overtly gay because people who gossiped abotu him we're likely to 'assign' that label to him becaus eof how he acts/looks.

his actual social outright doesn't care if he's gay or not, it's about he should like what he likes, because his real friends won't care.
>>
>>343369446

still a girl tho.

Liking "girls" that have penises is liking men. Period. Same way the other way around.
>>
>>343362709
>It's an "I can't into subtext" episode

Dumblrs need to be shot on site
>>
File: 569aba811f000023002160d5.jpg (41 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
569aba811f000023002160d5.jpg
41 KB, 630x420
>>343370578
If your so straight, fuck this girl.
>>
>>343363695

A big characteristic of Kanji was that he was insecure as fuck, and he was trying his best to keep up the tough guy act despite being into stuff like arts and crafts. He thought he was turning into a faggot for liking shit like that. Anyone paying attention can tell how uneasy he is about the gay stuff well after the dungeon was complete. He's also totally awkward throughout the whole game in general, especially around girls.

Yosuke is the real queer here, projecting his gayness onto Kanji at every possible moment. Even ignoring the unused audio, Yosuke clearly has problems of his own for bringing it up months and months after the fact. Let's not forget how quick he was to jump on Yu's cock, calling him "partner" and all that.
>>
>>343363695
Sakurai taught me that Devs can be full of shit and know nothing about the games they made
>>
>>343371131
But I'm not attracted to her.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.