[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why isn't anyone playing this? >completely free >tons
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (527 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
527 KB, 2560x1440
Why isn't anyone playing this?

>completely free
>tons of mod support
>only good arena shooter currently
>>
It's not fun. I'd rather play Overwatch.
>>
Multiplayer is dead.
>>
>tons of mod support
So are there sex mods?
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behaviorism
>>
Development is way too slow.

Took them a fucking year to add THREE fully textured maps to them game. An entire year.
>>
It's hard, Overwatch is better.
>>
I've been playing it pretty competitively, duel occasionally on twitch at /radicllarry
>>
>>343358528
I am a huge arena shooter fan but I feel that development for this has been shafted in favor of Paragon.

Almost as big of a disappointment as when I heard the new Quake is going to be a class based shooter
>>
It's not even finished
>>
Overwatch is so much better as an arena shooter and mobs shooter, I see no point in playing unreal
>>
>>343359349
you already said that
you realize you can tell when someone new posts with 4chanx right?
>>
Right now UT4 is the very definition of barebones. The weapon/movement foundations are there but there are very few maps and gamemodes so only the most dedicated 1v1 tryhards actually play regularly. Which in other words means the game is fucking dead.

It's also very sad that it's already slow development has slowed down almost to a halt.

If Quake Champions and UT4 don't revive the genre in some way, I fear nothing else will for the foreseeable future.
>>
>>343359706

They already ruined quake by making it class based.
>>
>>343359565
>>343359349
>>343358979
Samefag
>>
>only good arena shooter currently

But that's not true, Halo 5 is good.

>>343359349
>classes
>no weapons on map

>arena shooter

Pick one.

>>343359706
Quake champions is hero based like overwatch so it's not an arena shooter either.
>>
>>343359115
Quake Team Fortress was best Quake.
>>
>>343360050
>>343362519

While it's true that they've said it's going to be class based, they also said it's going to have Duel and good old Quake Mechanics. I'll wait until they actually show something to pass judgement even though classes and Quake don't really mix for most people.
>>
>>343360050
I'll still give the beta a try, but yes, class-based gameplay is not what I played Quake for

>Interview with Tim Willits
>Says it's not class based
>Then immediately says you can pick a big guy with more health

>>343363396
I hope duel disables the hero system.
>>
>>343358528
it's not done and not on steam so most people won't even be aware it exists
updates are kinda slow and it's mostly being made by the community rather the epic
>>343359706
I don't have high hopes for champions there have been red flags since the the get go
niggas should just play reflex
it's a much better modern extension of quake than champions will ever be
>>
>Playing "niche" shooters

Lolnah
>>
Because babies and elder manchild who can't stand playing games with people of their actual age are playing Overwatch.
>>
>>343358528
Because Quake Live is more way active.
>>
>>343364748

>Reflex

I do play Reflex occasionally, but it suffers from the same playerbase issues as UT4. If you're not into Duel, or want to play a different mode for a change, tough shit.
>>
>>343358528
I'm waiting for them to remodel the ASMD
>>
>>343365785
FFA and AFFA are really popular right now. CTF is only viable for pick up games.
>>
>>343365785
yeah i don't play it that often either, its good for duel but if you wanna play anything else you need to organise some people
the game is great but it just needs more players of various skill levels
>>
>>343366231
Reflex is a clone of quake, for people who suck at quake.
>>
>>343368172
>reflex is a clone of quake

if it's a clone then why would quake be any better?
>>
>>343368630
Because people actually play it.

End yourself reflex shill, your game will be always unfinished garbage.
>>
The "fast placed multiplayer arena shoter" days are gone
The FGC survived because of Arcades and consoles keeping the players active, "good" new games and old franchises provided enough content and new players keep joining

Arena players were regular PC players and basement nerds, the Quake/UT players became old guys with jobs, family, kids and no time to play
there are zero new players because people prefer games that make you feel better with yourself giving you rewards like shit to unblock, rare skins, progress systems, EXP levels and cash shops
>>
>>343358528
People don't actually like arena shooters
>>
>>343369530
>someone likes a game/
>someone brings up a game

SHILLING

don't understand this but whatever. i will just keep playing whatever i like.
>>
>>343369790
I do
>>343369718
There are tons of fighting games, but Unreal and Quake are the only notable arena shooters. Neither series has had an installment recently, but I bet there will be a resurgence in the player bases with the new games coming up.
>>
>>343369790
Casuals love Halo though
>>
It's like a Chinese version of Overwatch
>>
>>343370098
>playing whatever you like

kys pleb
>>
>>343358528
People play it, just not here. 4chan is not the same community that it once was.
>>
Arena shooters are dead, just accept it and move on with your life.
>>
File: 1466502011701.jpg (48 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1466502011701.jpg
48 KB, 500x375
>>343358528
For those of you who don't know the game, it's Unreal Tournament 4.
>>
does it have bots
>>
>>343365315
>paying for quake live
no
>>
>>343370437
Yep.
>>
>>343370693
>Implying i had to pay for it.

People who played before the standalone version only got it for free.

Also.
>Not playing 4 usd for a game that has Community servers, custom maps, voicechat and improved netcode.

Is like Arena shooter fans don't wanna play actual arena shooters.
>>
>>343358528
Its not on steam.
>>
>Have to make an entire account and shit just for this game

I don't mind that, but my friends do, so I can't play it.
>>
>>343371621
Literally takes a 30 seconds to download the launcher
>>
>>343371814
it being on steam probably would increase its player count by alot.
>>
shit hit scan

http://i.imgur.com/pmMtcGC.gif

keep making these threads though it's cute
>>
>>343370124
>but Unreal and Quake are the only notable arena shooters
>what is Halo

Just because you may not like it doesn't mean it doesn't count.

>weapons and powerups on maps, putting an extra focus on map control and coordination
>map design has an emphasis on platforming
>all players start with the same guns and equipiment
>exaggerated movement of some sort

It meets the criteria.

>>343370156
Casuals haven't loved Halo since CoD4 came out in 2007 and took it's spot as the top online shooter. The series is actually pretty niche now since dudebros, casuals, and 12 year olds play CoD/BF instead, and everybody else who would try halo out avoids it because of the sterotyope it used to have of being that main shooter all the dudebros played.

Even hardcore halo fans hardly play halo anymore due to mistrusting 343i.
>>
>>343372206
>histcan
>instagib

Pure cancer. We don't need your kind.
>>
>>343372206
Your crosshair was on his shoulder for a split second while he was jumping away
>>
>>343372326
>Health regen
>weapon limit
>Arena shooter

Also

>all players start with the same guns and equipiment
>Arena shooter

Halo is tacticool console shooter, there isn't anything Arena about it. GoldenEye multiplayer is more arena shooter than Gaylo
>>
I'd like to play, considering I didn't have a good computer at the time arena shooters were popular. What tech do I need to learn to be good at this kind of game?
>>
I play it often.
>>
>>343358528
I'm playing it.
Great game.
>>
>>343372689
>implying weapon limits and health regen have anything to do with what makes a game an arena shooter

Halo plays far more like unreal tournament or quake compared to any other franchise, bottom line; coming from somebody who has thousands of hours in Halo MP and a few hundred in UT3 and UT2

Also, a full half of all halo games don't have regen health and have health pickups on maps.,

>Halo is tacticool
You've clearly never even seen 5 mins of halo gameplay, let alone played it. The gunplay and game pace is totally dissimilar to shit like CoD, CS, Battlefield, etc. It has far more in common with UT, Quake, or the later doom games for that matter.
>>
>>343358528
because it's developped by 3 people

by the time they add other modes in (bring back Assault! ), we'll be on Unreal Engine 6
>>
It's very good as a foundation and completely playable BUT

No finished maps
no content
no new game modes
no new characters

I mean, the graphics are very nice and the weapons are balanced perfectly, the movement is nailed and the fast paced action non stop slaughter is there, but still needs more.

Also just FYI, UT2004 is 80% discount right now.
>>
progress on it is too slow. i like playing it, but you have to play on prime time hours otherwise you can't find a game with reasonable ping. also the rocket launcher just pisses me off. it's too slow and does too much damage
>>
>>343359706
There's like 6 regular 1v1ers lol. Nobody but pub n00bz is going to waste time on this.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.