[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Big Mana/Seiken Densetsu fan here, but I've never played
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Sword_of_Mana.jpg (22 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
Sword_of_Mana.jpg
22 KB, 256x256
Big Mana/Seiken Densetsu fan here, but I've never played the first installment. I'm aware of the Vita remake but the visuals look bad to me. Is pic related the best way to play the first Seiken Densetsu?
>>
>>343355401
I like it more than the game boy original, but 99% of /v/ would say otherwise. I don't know much about the vita remake but I hear it's a lot more "faithful" to the original than Sword of Mana.
>>
>>343356713
Yeah, Sword of Mana is more of "Another Brownie Brown game" than SD1, and even then more of a proto-Magical Vacation than a Legend of Mana-like.

LoM owns however.
>>
FUCK no.
The Vita/Mobile remake is miles better and extremely accurate for a 3D remake, both in art direction and general porting. As someone who played the original and loved it to pieces, Vita/mobile is the definitive version.
>>
>>343355401
One thing to be aware of... ONE of the mana games has an odd mechanic where if you kill certian enemies enough, their spawn changes to something drastically higher level.
>>
>>343356713
>>343356865
>>343356870
I like that Sword has the same art style as Seiken Densetsu 3. How is it unfaithful to the original?
>>
>the visuals look bad to me.
Sword is a pixelated mess and FFA is recycled, monochrome Final Fantasy 1-3 sprites. It's as good as you're gonna get.

That said, FFA still holds up just fine unless you're a graphics whore. Sword is very much like the Star Wars prequels in that it adds WAY too much bullshit to a really simple but effective story, making it weak in the process.
>>
>>343357020
How about this.

Here's the first few minutes of Final Fantasy Adventure.
https://youtu.be/4Ke-Q_NPRDE

Now here's Adventures, the recent remake.
https://youtu.be/5BMgzbHYLi0

Here's Sword of Mana
https://youtu.be/LfvguUKdowY

One of these things is not like the others, one of these things is up its own ass.
>>
If you're gonna play Sword, it's best to approach it as its own thing rather than a definitive version of Mana 1.
>>
>his name is actually "Dark Lord"

Even as a 12 year old, I found this bizarre.
>>
I really hope the success of Adventures leads to a remake of SD3.

It'll never happen, but I'd love a Secret of Evermore remake.
>>
You really really should try treat Sword as it's own thing.

It does a lot of things to the point where it comes off as its own game than just a remake. It also kinda suffers from having bloated mechanics most of which you'll barely even use.
>>
>>343359645
Evermore would probably be cool as a modern ARPG.
Hell, I'd even throw down on a kikescammer...
>>
>>343360854
I just want a version that isn't fucking broken.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.