[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why not port your best games to PC after your console is finished?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: 1w3EiUW.jpg (32 KB, 600x342) Image search: [Google]
1w3EiUW.jpg
32 KB, 600x342
Seriously, there's no reason not to

You get some extra money and your game is saved on the internet literally forever

>inb4 companies care more about money than they care about the costumer
Alredy adressed
>>
>>343339858

Lack of interest, developers are so incompetent they can't figure out basic porting. Stupid contracts that don't allow them to sell in other platforms, etc.
>>
>>343340080
It's not like Rockstar can't into porting
>>
>>343339858
I agree completely. So many masterpieces that will forever be lost in time once the original console is lost.
>>
>thinly veiled RDR beg thread
>>
>>343341703
Everyone and their grandmas have played RDR at this point.
>>
>>343341703
I don't care for RDR, I want an 100% accurate version of masterpieces like Killer 7, Okami, Majora's Mask, etc.
>>
File: 1445194718126.jpg (48 KB, 330x319) Image search: [Google]
1445194718126.jpg
48 KB, 330x319
You guys are getting creative
>>
>>343339858
>It's a mustard pretends to understand game development and economics
>>
>>343341803

I didn't. I gave away my PS3 to my cousin a while ago so I could have before.

I really don't give a shit about console games.
>>
File: maeks u think.jpg (62 KB, 421x421) Image search: [Google]
maeks u think.jpg
62 KB, 421x421
>>343342027
Lose/lose situation. Goldenface to everyone I guess.

>>343342109
Enlighten me, consoletard
>>
>>343339858
A lot of the more popular console games are designed around opengl. Windows currently takes a shit on opengl performance in order to push directx as the standard.
>>
>>343339858
So they can bundle the games together or rename them classics then release them on the new console. Like what Nintendo does with Zelda and pokemon
>>
>>343339858
This is why Nintendo makes shitty gimmicks for their consoles. You can't port touch screen or motion controller. Well you can but noone wants that shit.
>>
>>343339858
Because the second you put an exclusive onto another platform, consumers have one less reason to buy your finished console. That's at least the logic behind games published by MS and Sony.

As for multiplat games like RDR, it depends entirely on how many PC players will actually buy it. You've got to factor in stuff like piracy (which isn't necessarily a huge loss in sales with some games), or the fact that they might be an idort who already bought it on a console. Might they buy it a second time? Maybe, but that's not a solid enough reason.

They'll likely make some kind of money, but whether or not it surpasses the time/money spent developing a port is questionable.

Personally I'd like to see stuff ported over to PC. At the same time I won't be at a loss if it's not. I'll just buy them for my PS3/360 (if we're talking about last gen at least).
>>
>>343343507
>after you console is finished
>even senran kagura turned profit
>>
>>343343736
Did you even read a word I said?
>>
File: 1459880901553.jpg (17 KB, 318x332) Image search: [Google]
1459880901553.jpg
17 KB, 318x332
>>343339858
>companies care more about money than they care about the costumer

This is still the reason, but in the long term. They'll make more money with people buying consoles if they make sure the ONLY way to play a game or series is on THEIR console.

They want you to buy a PS4 for Bloodborne and a PS5 for Bloodborne 2.

That's why "exclusives" are a thing in the first place.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.