[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's talk Gothic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: Gothiccover.png (127 KB, 315x400) Image search: [Google]
Gothiccover.png
127 KB, 315x400
Ok /v/ I bought the Gothic pack since it was ultra cheap and I want to replay Gothic 1, are there any essential mods to bring it up to today's standard or simply to make it playable?
>>
No mods needed to enjoy it.
>>
>>343337775
Not even resolution, widescreen or anything of the kind?

I haven't played it since it released, and I skipped 2. I dropped 3 halfway and played all of the Risens.
>>
60 FPS launcher
>>
Besides the FPS launcher there isn't really anything noteworthy for it.

Has the DX11 version become a thing yet? I don't think so. Thats still G2 exclusive.
>>
>>343339163
Well following advice, I installed the 60 FPS fix, and some texture pack. I found a D11 one but apparently you get very nasty bugs like tress without collision and flickering shadows, so I might skip that.

Any other advice? Old Camp still best camp?
>>
gothic 1 system pack
removes fps cap, lets you play at higher resolutions and improves stability. There is also DX12 mod for both 1/2 but it is very unstable.
>>
>>343339503
Yeah. Its not worth it if it still the same old buggy build.

Besides that just get into it.
Remember that the CTRL key is your friend and thats its easier to play the game exclusively with the keyboard. It always takes me a little time to get used to it but once i am in its great.

And yeah - Old Camp is the best.
>>
>>343337630
Be sure to have a loaded gun ready for when you've died 100 times in a row and just can't take it anymore.
>>
Nope, sorry, the controls will forever be garbage.
>>
File: poland nod.gif (33 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
poland nod.gif
33 KB, 320x240
I remember something called goldenmod or something, it apparently restored cut content like some exclusive camp missions, In Extremo, heavy armor for old camp, made weed dudes team up with water fags after gomez goes nuts, also missions for Diego and friends and other shit like entirely optional third mine.
It was pretty buggy but might be worth looking into.
>>
File: 1466928649244.gif (952 KB, 500x685) Image search: [Google]
1466928649244.gif
952 KB, 500x685
>>343339671
I'll try that

>>343340163
Ah no man, I played it when I was younger and it released, and I died like 200 times to very first fucking bird you find. No worries.
>>
>>343337630
Not so much an update mod but you could also try Dark Mysteries if you're tired of vanilla

http://www.worldofgothic.com/dl/?go=dlfile&fileid=154
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hFH_aCnUl4
>>
File: my-nigga.gif (1 MB, 245x127) Image search: [Google]
my-nigga.gif
1 MB, 245x127
Now my melanin brethren, since I skipped Gothic 2 and really want to play it after I'm done with G1. Anything recommended for that? I've heard great things about it, especially the expansion.

Try not to spoil anything, please, I'd love to go blind.
>>
>>343341106
G2 is easier than Gothic. Especially magic is very overpowered.

The addon is the best thing ever made because not only adds a lot of new content and an entire new area - It also increases the difficulty and makes the game near unforgiving.

Some people recommend new players to start with Gothic 2 vanilla but i played NOTR first and never vanilla and while it was hard it was still perfectly do-able and very rewarding.

If you can get the GOG version or maybe something retail. The Steam version causes trouble for some people on 7 and above.
>>
>>343337630
I highly recommend the System Pack for both Gothic 1 and 2. Nothing else is necessary.
>>
>>343337630
it's one of best action-rpg mixes ever, it doesn't need any kind of "mods to bring it up to today's standard"

if you really, really want, you can try dx11 patch. It makes g2 itty bitty nicer, with proper aa and shit
>>
>>343341106
It's harder to be a mage than in G1. Walk backwards with melee out to invulnerable.
No mods required, but there's a shitton of them and some are real, real good.
>>
>>343341106
Just get the system pack for NotR. You can use the dx11 renderer if you want but some people can't run it.
>>
>>343341383
Well I bought the tri-pack from Steam and I'm on Windows 10 so fuck me.
>>
Reminder that the GOG version lets you choose between vanilla and Gold Gothic 2 while Steam only ever lets you play the game with NOTR

>>343341650
It's not that bad. You might need to disable the Steam-Hub and delete or edit some files. It's not impossible to run. Just maybe not out of the box.
>>
>>343341582
>some are real, real good

Any recomendations?
>>
>>343341805
Velaya, piratenleben, the wanderer
There's a few sites with gothic mods, and I barely remember shit as last time I touched any mods was in 2011. You need gothicstarter.
Most are gonna be in russian, german or polish, but if it has english version it propably has competent people behind it.
>>
File: 1456175677062.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1456175677062.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>women in Gothic are exclusively slaves that the king sells to the prisoners so they get him the shiny ore for his weapons

>women in Gothic 2 are exclusively whores and housewives

>women in Gothic 3 are only with the rebels and never do anything at all

>Risen did it like Gothic 2 again except you got a MarySue as your friend with Patty

>She is still there in Risen 2 and even more annoying. The only other relevant girl is the native one that runs around nearly nude and teaches you voodoo but she is also a bitch

>In Risen 3 Patty becomes you fucking sister and is tsundere for you and she also has giant tits now. And our native princess became an ultra bitch

I am glad its over.
>>
>>343342225
Tumblr please go hijack another thread.
>>
>>343342950
Not tumblr. Just someone who hates Risen NPCs.
>>
File: Comfy.jpg (50 KB, 700x466) Image search: [Google]
Comfy.jpg
50 KB, 700x466
MFW Mroczne Tajemnice

Literally only polish n german mods around.
FEELSGOODMAN
>>
>>343342950
>waaaahhhh tumblr

hes right tho. theyre distractingly bad
>>
Guys, last but not least, what about Gothic 3? I know a lot of people hate it and that there's a community patch that apparently makes it playable, anything I should know?
>>
>>343343212
Its shit
>>
>>343343212
It's one of those ''It is not a good x game but!'' cases.

It fails to be a Gothic game because the world is more like a Bethesda game open world. You can go anywhere - You are strong enough to beat most things from the start of the game and the game lets you simply do whatever you want. It's not well designed world like the one of Gothic or Gothic 2 where every stone has its purpose and the story and quests progress in a fitting manner.

If you don't care all that much about it being different you can have a lot of fun with the patched version and just fuck around in the world and do whatever you want. Became the ruler of the desert in the name of Beliar or kill all orcs to free Myrtana the woodland only to kill the king at the end so you can take his place or help you friend get it.
>>
Never played but considering to buy
What am I missing?
>>
>>343343696
The best two modern open world games of all time.
>>
>>343337630

GoG has an excellent guide. The big thing to remember with or without updating it: The game plays differently than what you're used to (assuming you're used to modern RPGs). You will suck at first. The controls will suck at first, and you will feel like you're driving a tank. This is normal, and temporary.
>>
>>343344025

https://www.gog.com/forum/gothic_series/gothic_series_patches_mods_tweaks/page1
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.